Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Average age of Saturdays starting 11? 12:39 - Aug 31 with 1328 viewsconnell10

Any guesses?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 12:42 - Aug 31 with 1314 viewsEsox_Lucius

The grass is always greener.

Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 16:14 - Aug 31 with 1222 viewsconnell10

I'm going for 27

Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 16:34 - Aug 31 with 1183 viewsBoston

Ageists.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 16:38 - Aug 31 with 1191 viewsstevec

If we're winning matches I don't care if the average age is 65.8
Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 18:13 - Aug 31 with 1110 viewsPinnerPaul

Its becoming an obsession with some now.

Think we should just play the Under 10s and be done with it!
Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 18:41 - Aug 31 with 1070 viewsCamberleyR

Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 18:13 - Aug 31 by PinnerPaul

Its becoming an obsession with some now.

Think we should just play the Under 10s and be done with it!

"Its becoming an obsession with some now"

Exactly.Any team that wants to be successful needs a blend of youth and experience. Man U's 'never win anything with kids' team in the 90s would probably not have won what they did if there wasn't the old heads of Schmeichel, Irwin, Bruce, Pallister and Cantona in the team alongside the young bucks.

I think SM is being pragmatic. He knows that it hasn't worked to start with trying to play the way he wanted to and realises he needs some better quality experienced personnel. I'm sure he would play the young players if the results had been more favourable.

He played young players at Derby the first time, you only have to look at the average age of their play off final team to realise that. There were five players 24 and under in their starting XI that day.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 09:49 - Sep 1 with 974 viewsconnell10

The fans didn’t start the spin about youth coming through and a clear pathway to the first team that bullshit was spun out by the club , then after a month of the new season they change direction and that’s why our club will never be successful! To much flip flopping!!

Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 10:00 - Sep 1 with 963 viewsMaggsinho

Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 09:49 - Sep 1 by connell10

The fans didn’t start the spin about youth coming through and a clear pathway to the first team that bullshit was spun out by the club , then after a month of the new season they change direction and that’s why our club will never be successful! To much flip flopping!!

But we’ll still have two youth team graduates - Eze and Lumley - in the team, and they’re first choice picks not just thrown in because of injuries. Would have been three if Furlong hadn’t been injured too.

I’m sure we’ll see more of Kakay, Smyth, Chair through the season too.

Appreciate it’s essy to look at the signings of Wells, Tomer and Cameron and the loaning out of Manning to see an abrupt about turn but I still think there’s a path to the first ten for youth.
Login to get fewer ads

Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 10:03 - Sep 1 with 947 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrrr....

Me old shipmate Brian Clough allers said "If they're good enough they're old enough",and I says to 'im "Avast!There be many a good squawk played on an old parrot!"

Yo Ho!
Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 11:56 - Sep 1 with 899 viewsPinnerPaul

Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 09:49 - Sep 1 by connell10

Didn't' we give two 'youngsters' debuts this week?

That seems a pretty clear pathway to me.

Compare number of home grown players 3/4 years pre Les and post Les - we ARE bringing players through.

The fact we have bought in some loans to help out doesn't change that.

PS Paul Smyth NOT home grown - just saying like!
Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 13:23 - Sep 1 with 852 viewsderbyhoop

Average age of Saturdays starting 11? on 16:38 - Aug 31 by stevec

If we're winning matches I don't care if the average age is 65.8

You could be talking about me. And i was always bang average.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024