Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thick pundits 20:25 - Nov 30 with 1124 viewsloftboy

Co commentator on the Solihull Blackpool game bemoaning an offside because the ball hadn’t moved forward, the laws of the game don’t stipulate a direction, just says when the ball is played.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Thick pundits on 20:44 - Nov 30 with 1060 viewsDannyPaddox

Not sure if this is an example of thick punditry or zen punditry.

Thick pundits on 20:47 - Nov 30 with 1051 viewsloftboy

They’ve just read out the laws of the game where it states played or touched and still Dion Dublin says “it hasn’t moved forward” jeez

Thick pundits on 21:43 - Nov 30 with 964 viewsOakR

Thick pundits on 20:47 - Nov 30 by loftboy

They’ve just read out the laws of the game where it states played or touched and still Dion Dublin says “it hasn’t moved forward” jeez

I'm probably misunderstanding, but the ball does need to move forwards for it to be offside i thought...ie 2 strikers against just the keeper, if one striker passes it back or level to the other striker, it's not offiside, irrespective if there are not 2 opposition players behind the ball.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Thick pundits on 21:47 - Nov 30 with 957 viewsbosh67

Impressed with Curtis Tilt. 27 but really quick at the back.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Thick pundits on 21:53 - Nov 30 with 938 viewsloftboy

Thick pundits on 21:43 - Nov 30 by OakR

I'm probably misunderstanding, but the ball does need to move forwards for it to be offside i thought...ie 2 strikers against just the keeper, if one striker passes it back or level to the other striker, it's not offiside, irrespective if there are not 2 opposition players behind the ball.

No it doesn’t, all the laws say are played or touched,
EG :A player stood in an offside position on the six yard box, a ball is floated in from level with the penalty spot towards the edge of the area, so played backwards,the player on the edge 6 yard box sprints towards the edge of the box and scores with an amazing overhead kick, unlucky son you were closer to the goal line than the ball when it was played so are offside despite it going backwards.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 21:54]

Thick pundits on 22:15 - Nov 30 with 893 viewsOakR

Thick pundits on 21:53 - Nov 30 by loftboy

No it doesn’t, all the laws say are played or touched,
EG :A player stood in an offside position on the six yard box, a ball is floated in from level with the penalty spot towards the edge of the area, so played backwards,the player on the edge 6 yard box sprints towards the edge of the box and scores with an amazing overhead kick, unlucky son you were closer to the goal line than the ball when it was played so are offside despite it going backwards.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 21:54]

Fair enough, I see what you mean now!

Poll: Will we stay up?

Thick pundits on 22:47 - Nov 30 with 834 viewsBoston

The days a ref said 'unlucky son' to a player are thirty years behind us.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Thick pundits on 23:23 - Nov 30 with 779 viewsQPR_John

Thick pundits on 21:43 - Nov 30 by OakR

That is because the striker that passes it back must be onside or he would not be able to play the ball. You cannot be offside if you are behind or level with a player that is onside
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024