Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is getting ridiculous. 20:17 - Sep 21 with 3708 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

I absolutely loved watching us today. Against a one dimensional team like Millwall, away from home, we played our own game, never panicked, never got drawn into a scrap and quite frankly we oozed class throughout the whole game. Millwall had little option but to chase us around and hope that we couldn't find a final ball.

Meanwhile, on the occasions they managed to force the ball into the box, we (well, mainly Leistner) had an answer to almost everything they threw at us. I haven't seen quite such a dominant an aerial defensive performance since Richard Dunne at Wembley.

It may not have been our best performance but the three points looked easily within reach all afternoon.

I don't really know how this happened but Mark Warburton appears to have united this squad and got them playing a game that they enjoy, that plays to our strengths and draws the best out of the likes of Eze and Chair. What's more, it is truly beautiful on the eye. All of a sudden we look like a well-drilled team that is expecting exactly what's in front of them and knows how to deal with it.

Three away wins out of four. 4th in the league. A team packed full of young, hungry hard working players that appear to be enjoying themselves. It's so, SO different to anything I've watched since Neil Warnock. I barely recognise us. It's quite literally everything I've ever hoped for. Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

I hope and prey they can keep this going but enormous credit to MW for creating the product so quickly. I haven't felt this way about a manager, a QPR team or football for many years.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 20:21]
This is getting ridiculous. on 20:22 - Sep 21 with 3670 viewsDubaiR

Loving it too, and to think when I said top 6 the replies in here were laughable
This is getting ridiculous. on 20:44 - Sep 21 with 3496 viewsMiss_Terraces

I'm loving it too, the football is great and we are doing it the QPR way.
On a shoe string budget*
Preston and ourselves top scorers, without spending millions. Take that you big clubs
*On a comparable shoe string, to other clubs.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 21:02]

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

This is getting ridiculous. on 21:08 - Sep 21 with 3352 viewsterryb

I've said it before & no doubt I will say it again, I'm very much reminded of when Gordon Jago took over as manager.

We are not yet as good as the Venables or Warnock sides (that would be rather a lot to ask), but we are as entertaining at the very least!

Perhaps a couple of 1-0 wins would be good, but as long as we score one more than the other team I will be a very happy man!
This is getting ridiculous. on 00:19 - Sep 22 with 2798 viewsFDC

What a joyous post. Watching from afar there does appear to be some magic dust at work here. As with Warnock, hard to tell how much is genius design and how much is the runes falling into place.
This is getting ridiculous. on 07:25 - Sep 22 with 2561 viewsnix

This is getting ridiculous. on 00:19 - Sep 22 by FDC

What a joyous post. Watching from afar there does appear to be some magic dust at work here. As with Warnock, hard to tell how much is genius design and how much is the runes falling into place.

I do think there's an element of a few seasons' work falling into place. Keeping Chris Ramsey was a genius move. I think he's great a spotting and developing a player but also working out who isn't quite going to make it and moving them on. Hence we've got Eze, Chair and Manning all playing in the first team after going out on loan. Plus we've got Shodipo, Hamalainen and Smith all work in progress but benefiting from loan moves. Meanwhile we've sold Furlong and funded other players, like loan strikers, who've been a revelation.

Les and Lee made some mistakes previously (Angella, Washington, Goberm anyone?) but maybe Holloway bringing in Gary Penrice as scout has improved things in that direction.

I love the fact we've finally got a balanced squad. For years we had the ridiculous recruitment by Redknapp and Hughes of two many left sided/right sided or number 10s or older players.

Mark has built on what we had and made sure we've got options at all positions; a blend of youth and experience; and players who really want to play for the club.

Despite what we've been told, he's also willing to admit he was wrong and change things up: moving to 3-5-2 as an example, and bringing BFG back into the team, as another. I really like Mark and think he's a real leader, as well as a good tactician but I also think he's been able to build on much better foundations than we had five years ago.
This is getting ridiculous. on 09:41 - Sep 22 with 2238 viewsfrancisbowles

I didn't see the game yesterday but listened on the offy.

Top marks to Warburton and the team. They had prepared for Millwall who normally play four at the back and found that they had matched up with us. So the plan had to be adapted to meet the unexpected lineup.

Also, we expected Millwall to press as we tried to play out from the back and create the space for our attacking players to exploit. Apparently they didn't, instead staying in shape and hoping for a quick break or set play goal.

Neil Harris was obviously worried about our creativity and paid us the compliment of changing their normal method of play. Nice try Neil but we managed to work it out, dominate the game and take the points.
This is getting ridiculous. on 10:58 - Sep 22 with 2061 viewsCiderwithRsie

This is getting ridiculous. on 07:25 - Sep 22 by nix

I do think there's an element of a few seasons' work falling into place. Keeping Chris Ramsey was a genius move. I think he's great a spotting and developing a player but also working out who isn't quite going to make it and moving them on. Hence we've got Eze, Chair and Manning all playing in the first team after going out on loan. Plus we've got Shodipo, Hamalainen and Smith all work in progress but benefiting from loan moves. Meanwhile we've sold Furlong and funded other players, like loan strikers, who've been a revelation.

Les and Lee made some mistakes previously (Angella, Washington, Goberm anyone?) but maybe Holloway bringing in Gary Penrice as scout has improved things in that direction.

I love the fact we've finally got a balanced squad. For years we had the ridiculous recruitment by Redknapp and Hughes of two many left sided/right sided or number 10s or older players.

Mark has built on what we had and made sure we've got options at all positions; a blend of youth and experience; and players who really want to play for the club.

Despite what we've been told, he's also willing to admit he was wrong and change things up: moving to 3-5-2 as an example, and bringing BFG back into the team, as another. I really like Mark and think he's a real leader, as well as a good tactician but I also think he's been able to build on much better foundations than we had five years ago.

Great post, Nix.

I'm getting the impression that keeping Eustace is working out too.

I've been crying out for managerial stability for years, (which is tricky when some of the actual managers have been poor) partly because every new manager seems to sweep everything out, including the stuff that was OK. I was a bit worried about MW's clean out of players tbh, but a lot of the key players in this side are in fact the up-and-comers from the last couple of years. Even some of the loans have built on previous loanees (Cameron, Wells).

It feels like we're doing something very different but building on what we had instead of chucking all the cards up in the air.
This is getting ridiculous. on 11:56 - Sep 22 with 1944 viewsDavieQPR

In fact 7 of the team were here last year.
Login to get fewer ads

This is getting ridiculous. on 12:06 - Sep 22 with 1923 viewsBklynRanger

Good post OP. I have a suspicion that you are an individual of South American extraction and former regular poster on this board - but I could be completely wrong of course :) (usually am.)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024