Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham Reflection 17:56 - Mar 18 with 2564 viewsbluenwhite10

Well where shall we start! In summary a very poor performance against a very poor side who defended very well against us or did we make task very easy for them by lumping it in their which played into their hands a bit as there where big and slow and weak against pace as proved when Armstrong came on, but having said that the delivery into the box was poor. When I saw the team at kick off and saw Tim, Amos and Lowe in midfield that looked a poor midfield but in fairness we played over the midfield with long ball after long ball. I will say that Stefen has been poor all season but the midfield needed a change and he should have come on earlier as should have Armstrong. Chris Martin very poor today and tried to use his strength to Win the long balls forward by not jumping but that tactic failed as he was out muscled numerous times. Not sure where the next points are coming from as the injury list is taking it’s toll on squad that was not balanced in my opinion correctly at the start of the season MOM hard to say today maybe Armstrong for his cameo. Up the R’s and keep the faith. Also forgot say how inept was Amos in the 1st not knowing the ball was still on the pitch. Also really doubting the commitment of 9 out of the 11 players
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 18:12]
Birmingham Reflection on 18:06 - Mar 18 with 2401 viewsthemodfather

qpr sent the ball up long and it is still likely there without a hooped shirt near it.
hard to see any positives from today.
Birmingham Reflection on 18:15 - Mar 18 with 2264 viewsDamo1962

Birmingham Reflection on 18:06 - Mar 18 by themodfather

qpr sent the ball up long and it is still likely there without a hooped shirt near it.
hard to see any positives from today.

We only conceded one goal...that's all I have😉
Birmingham Reflection on 20:01 - Mar 18 with 1961 viewsJuzzie

Birmingham Reflection on 18:15 - Mar 18 by Damo1962

We only conceded one goal...that's all I have😉

Dieng had a good game considering his recent poor form.

That’s all I got.
Birmingham Reflection on 20:35 - Mar 18 with 1776 viewsbluenwhite10

Birmingham Reflection on 20:01 - Mar 18 by Juzzie

Dieng had a good game considering his recent poor form.

That’s all I got.

He did and I agree but his distribution was very slow at times mostly in the second half
Birmingham Reflection on 21:19 - Mar 18 with 1616 viewsMalintabuk

I have not posted on here for a few weeks, mainly because I can't find a cohesive statement to put into words what I feel about all this
Nearly 60 years this club as been a part of my life, memories and emotions that have filled me with sheer joy, sometimes anger, and quite a lot of disappointment, but never what I felt tonight coming home.... ashamed
I think this will be my last game this season, I said the same after Luton, and then again after Sunderland, but hey ho again I go.
How have we managed on gods green earth to have sunk so low and so deep in this hole?
4 managers in 12 months.... players who have just disappeared of the face of the earth....teams beating us 6-1 and then 4 days later getting tonked themselves 1-4.
We are an embarrassment, a laughing stock, and these bunch of wasters, who run my club, play for my club, are lumping us, the fans, as the same.
Yes it is my club, and it is the club of every poster on here. We have loved, hated, sworn at, laughed at and cried at... as one. Now the only emotion I feel so, well numb.
I also go back to 1968 when we won 4 games all season and time might be playing tricks, but it was never as shameful as this. That for me is the right adjective ..... shameful
Will I go again this season, most likely. Will I continue to support this club, without doubt. Has just a little of me wishing that I didn't, I'm afraid there is.
Birmingham Reflection on 21:24 - Mar 18 with 1570 viewsterryb

I've not looked at the match thread & have no intention of doing so. Therefore if this was mentioned on there I apologise, but I've not seen it anywhere else.

The Birmingham goal. Please somebody, talk me through what Albert Adomah was attempting! Trying to win the ball there rather than shepherding the player & then moving to cover the man who received the ball, is not what I would expect from an 11 year old. Let alone somerone who has played the amount of games in The Championship that he has!

We have given away so many bad goals this season, but in my mind, this was the worst. Mind you, Albert was brilliant at placing the ball in the hands of Ruddy!
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 21:36]
Birmingham Reflection on 21:30 - Mar 18 with 1542 viewsted_hendrix

Birmingham Reflection on 21:19 - Mar 18 by Malintabuk

I have not posted on here for a few weeks, mainly because I can't find a cohesive statement to put into words what I feel about all this
Nearly 60 years this club as been a part of my life, memories and emotions that have filled me with sheer joy, sometimes anger, and quite a lot of disappointment, but never what I felt tonight coming home.... ashamed
I think this will be my last game this season, I said the same after Luton, and then again after Sunderland, but hey ho again I go.
How have we managed on gods green earth to have sunk so low and so deep in this hole?
4 managers in 12 months.... players who have just disappeared of the face of the earth....teams beating us 6-1 and then 4 days later getting tonked themselves 1-4.
We are an embarrassment, a laughing stock, and these bunch of wasters, who run my club, play for my club, are lumping us, the fans, as the same.
Yes it is my club, and it is the club of every poster on here. We have loved, hated, sworn at, laughed at and cried at... as one. Now the only emotion I feel so, well numb.
I also go back to 1968 when we won 4 games all season and time might be playing tricks, but it was never as shameful as this. That for me is the right adjective ..... shameful
Will I go again this season, most likely. Will I continue to support this club, without doubt. Has just a little of me wishing that I didn't, I'm afraid there is.

Your not alone I can guarantee you that much..

65 Years ago I stood in the mud behind the goal at the LR end for the first time with me stupid big brother, I fell In love almost Instantly.

I don't know the place anymore or the club, I walked around the ground with my youngest lad a few Months ago, all the way around. can't for the life of me put my finger on It but somethings missing, we've been left behind, doesn't feel like my club anymore.

I can't relate to It.

All so sad really.

We'll get over It I guess.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Birmingham Reflection on 21:38 - Mar 18 with 1497 viewsPaddyhoops

The worst game Of football I’ve seen in many a year . Birmingham were dreadful but being dreadful is enough to beat us now.
officiated by a man a so out of his depth that it defied comprehension. As for the blind linesman. Words f**king fail me.
Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham Reflection on 22:01 - Mar 18 with 1399 viewsNed_Kennedys

Birmingham Reflection on 20:35 - Mar 18 by bluenwhite10

He did and I agree but his distribution was very slow at times mostly in the second half

I thought his distribution was abysmal. Still way off his best.
Birmingham Reflection on 22:28 - Mar 18 with 1265 viewspaulparker

Great post

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Birmingham Reflection on 23:19 - Mar 18 with 1077 viewsSteveB

Summed up my feelings perfectly and, to add my own few words....

My 19 year old decided he'd had enough of QPR outings last year - college & Uni pending, girls etc.,

So now it was just me and the younger lad - he's thrown in the towel today as well. "dad, it just isn't fun now".

I'm a broken man.

Fuk this club.

See you in a few weeks, got a ticket spare if anyone needs....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024