Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Queen Adelaide gone ? 19:41 - Jul 16 with 6506 viewsquickpassrotter

Driving past. It looks like the Queen Adelaide has gone. Completely boarded up with a lot of mess outside.
Clearly not reopened like a lot of pubs - is this temporary, anyone know ?
(apologies if this has already been posted).
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 19:44 - Jul 16 with 5652 views2Thomas2Bowles

https://www.thequeenadelaidew12.co.uk/

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 20:00 - Jul 16 with 5606 viewsquickpassrotter

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 19:44 - Jul 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

https://www.thequeenadelaidew12.co.uk/

Thanks 2Thomas2Bowles !
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 20:09 - Jul 16 with 5566 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Soon we’ll all be congregating on the Green with take-outs from Sainsbury’s.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 20:40 - Jul 16 with 5454 viewsqprxtc

Bucking follocks.

I haven’t been in it since it went gastro but any pub closing in The Bush is grim.

The world is fu cked.
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 21:02 - Jul 16 with 5394 viewscolinallcars

Not related to the Adelaide, but Fuller's have announced the closure of the Mawson on the corner of the brewery. The whole row of grade 2 listed buidings that includes the Mawson are to be sold off as the brewery is moving its office staff to a new building elsewhere. The Mawson was a lovely pub, a terrible shame to see it go.
There was some debate on here when Asahi bought out Fullers a while back as to what changes would ensure. Not a great start.
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 05:07 - Jul 17 with 4999 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 21:02 - Jul 16 by colinallcars

Not related to the Adelaide, but Fuller's have announced the closure of the Mawson on the corner of the brewery. The whole row of grade 2 listed buidings that includes the Mawson are to be sold off as the brewery is moving its office staff to a new building elsewhere. The Mawson was a lovely pub, a terrible shame to see it go.
There was some debate on here when Asahi bought out Fullers a while back as to what changes would ensure. Not a great start.

Yeah I saw that as well on the Fullers Fans FB page.

Asahi bought the brewing business off Fullers, who’ve now moved to be a pub and hotel chain. So I assume Asahi want the site to expand operations.

Sad day Fullers selling up/out. Hoping Sambrooks can fight off the vultures.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 05:25 - Jul 17 with 4997 viewsBushman

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 05:07 - Jul 17 by PlanetHonneywood

Asahi bought the brewing business off Fullers, who’ve now moved to be a pub and hotel chain. So I assume Asahi want the site to expand operations.

Proposing to move brewing to Reading.

Anything of value for development being sold off

Rest of site luxury flats before you can say knife I would imagine.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 07:45 - Jul 17 with 4881 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 05:25 - Jul 17 by Bushman

Hold up....we’ve got a site for our new ground!

Login to get fewer ads

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 08:21 - Jul 17 with 4819 viewsMetallica_Hoop

If Arashi get rid of the brewery I will stop buying Fuller's.

I love ESB and others but I also like the fact like QPR its local (ish) (but not as shit though) *remembers famous graffiti*

#chiswickbeermatters.

Back to the topic, the last time I had beers in the Adelaide it sold Toby on draught!
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 8:22]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 08:35 - Jul 17 with 4790 viewscolinallcars

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 08:21 - Jul 17 by Metallica_Hoop

If Arashi get rid of the brewery I will stop buying Fuller's.

I love ESB and others but I also like the fact like QPR its local (ish) (but not as shit though) *remembers famous graffiti*

#chiswickbeermatters.

Back to the topic, the last time I had beers in the Adelaide it sold Toby on draught!
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 8:22]

Back in the day, my mates all drank Watneys or Whitbread with me being the only one to like Fullers. They used to refer to Fuller Smith and Turner as Full o' Sh it and Turnips.
I still like it to this day but may boycott it if the close the brewery. Plenty of good beers around these days.
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 08:54 - Jul 17 with 4762 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 08:35 - Jul 17 by colinallcars

Back in the day, my mates all drank Watneys or Whitbread with me being the only one to like Fullers. They used to refer to Fuller Smith and Turner as Full o' Sh it and Turnips.
I still like it to this day but may boycott it if the close the brewery. Plenty of good beers around these days.

The amount of good ale about is incredible. I bought two half glasses at the last Olympia rather than the usual single pint so I could sample two at once.

I've always wanted to try that Watneys you see in a can that has been mentioned on here and you see in old films.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 09:11 - Jul 17 with 4711 viewscolinallcars

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 08:54 - Jul 17 by Metallica_Hoop

The amount of good ale about is incredible. I bought two half glasses at the last Olympia rather than the usual single pint so I could sample two at once.

I've always wanted to try that Watneys you see in a can that has been mentioned on here and you see in old films.

I think you mean the Watney's Party Four or Party Seven. Surely one of the worst beers ever made. Mind you, there were plenty of other duffo beers around then. Thank God for CAMRA !
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 09:12 - Jul 17 with 4708 viewsRBlock

With regards the Queen Adelaide, I was having a drink with Cat recently (short blonde barmaid) and she thought it would be reopening shortly. Apparently they had a staff meeting coming up. This was all a couple of weeks ago, so things may well have changed by now.

Also, just had a look on their IG and they posted a week ago, saying they were getting ready to open their doors again. So ye. No need to panic just yet.
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 09:28 - Jul 17 with 4680 viewsnadera78

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 05:25 - Jul 17 by Bushman

Where did you see this?
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 09:50 - Jul 17 with 4635 viewsBklynRanger

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 21:02 - Jul 16 by colinallcars

Fcuk sake that's bad news. Nice old pub. Hope they're not selling the George & Devonshire further along as well. That's my quiet-drink-on the-way-home choice. Or it used to be when I was on the way home and not constantly at home. Will have a look on that web page.
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 10:16 - Jul 17 with 4601 viewscolinallcars

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 09:50 - Jul 17 by BklynRanger

Fcuk sake that's bad news. Nice old pub. Hope they're not selling the George & Devonshire further along as well. That's my quiet-drink-on the-way-home choice. Or it used to be when I was on the way home and not constantly at home. Will have a look on that web page.

I think the G&D is safe at least for now. It's a lovely little corner of the world along there with the brewery and shop, the Mawson ( until now), that nice little Burlington Lane with its lovely old buildings. Plus the old church where some say Oliver Cromwell is secretly buried.
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 10:37 - Jul 17 with 4571 viewsrobith

A lot of pubs round me boarded up when they closed. I suspect QA just struggling to get back up as it only has a small outside area which is difficult to get in and out of, and would be in the most demand
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 10:43 - Jul 17 with 4556 viewstraininvain

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 05:07 - Jul 17 by PlanetHonneywood

Good news re Sambrook’s: https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2019/07/london-brewer-sambrooks-makes-poetic-m

And this is still going ahead despite Covid. Hoping to open later this year.
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 10:51 - Jul 17 with 4533 viewsBklynRanger

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 10:16 - Jul 17 by colinallcars

I think the G&D is safe at least for now. It's a lovely little corner of the world along there with the brewery and shop, the Mawson ( until now), that nice little Burlington Lane with its lovely old buildings. Plus the old church where some say Oliver Cromwell is secretly buried.

Good news Colin, cheers. Did not know that rumour about Oliver Cromwell, will look into that.

Is a nice old graveyard, yeah - quite peaceful to wander around - not that I'm a necrophiliac or anything like that! Never seem to have the energy for that sort of thing these days...
[Post edited 17 Jul 2020 12:00]
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 11:51 - Jul 17 with 4471 viewsBushman

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 09:28 - Jul 17 by nadera78

Where did you see this?

local gossip from people who know people who work there

They are apparently selling of the residential stuff some of the Old Fullers family lived in

Dont quote me as I say its gossip

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 04:52 - Jul 18 with 4172 viewsnadera78

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 11:51 - Jul 17 by Bushman

local gossip from people who know people who work there

They are apparently selling of the residential stuff some of the Old Fullers family lived in

Dont quote me as I say its gossip

Cheers. I'll be keeping an eye on it. I think my dad would flip his lid if Fullers moved to poxy Reading.
Queen Adelaide gone ? (n/t) on 07:27 - Jul 18 with 4103 viewsSirNose

[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 5:04]
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 18:52 - Jul 18 with 3809 viewscollegeranger

Boarded up you say - Millwall were the visitors today and we might get Cardiff at home 1st game of the season - sounds prudent to me!
Queen Adelaide gone ? on 19:27 - Jul 18 with 3748 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 10:43 - Jul 17 by traininvain

Good news re Sambrook’s: https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2019/07/london-brewer-sambrooks-makes-poetic-m

And this is still going ahead despite Covid. Hoping to open later this year.

I used to live around the corner from their Battersea brewery. Just a brilliant place as it was devoid of any pretentiousness; the tasting bar had car seats as I recall and their tour was simple and honest.

I hope they don’t lose their sense of adventure to make odd brews. I’m still on their mailing list and saw their move to Young’s site in Wandsworth, it’ll be interesting to see how they develop now.

Queen Adelaide gone ? on 01:10 - Jul 19 with 3549 viewsplasmahoop

It would be sad if fullers shut in Chiswick for sure. But it can happen when you get taken over. Fullers took over gales in Hampshire and closed the brewery. My mate in Hampshire was gutted, as I think many people down there were
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024