Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
hounours 18:59 - Nov 22 with 937 viewsdigswellhoop

Do any sports person deserve a medal one or Knight hood for doing what they get paid for
hounours on 19:08 - Nov 22 with 919 viewsTonto

You can make the same argument for a significant percentage of honours.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

hounours on 19:15 - Nov 22 with 901 viewsdigswellhoop

agreed
hounours on 19:23 - Nov 22 with 880 viewsWatford_Ranger

Yes.
hounours on 19:44 - Nov 22 with 814 viewsted_hendrix

Lieutenant Colonel Jones earned and deserved his posthumous Victoria Cross medal.

Sportsmen and Sportswomen do not deserve or earn Knight hoods/medals.

Nobody should be given a Knighthood or such like, It's archaic Royal nonsense bullshit.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

hounours on 20:06 - Nov 22 with 789 viewsdigswellhoop

well said
hounours on 20:23 - Nov 22 with 770 viewsJuzzie

hounours on 19:44 - Nov 22 by ted_hendrix

Lieutenant Colonel Jones earned and deserved his posthumous Victoria Cross medal.

Sportsmen and Sportswomen do not deserve or earn Knight hoods/medals.

Nobody should be given a Knighthood or such like, It's archaic Royal nonsense bullshit.

It was created circa WWI to give ordinary people a chance to be valued, thanked etc.

It’s now been devalued to a glorified employee of the month award IMO.

Edit: created in 1818 so i was only 100 years out!

[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 20:33]
hounours on 20:29 - Nov 22 with 763 viewsdigswellhoop

so does Hamilton deserve a knighthood
hounours on 22:24 - Nov 22 with 689 viewsstowmarketrange

hounours on 20:29 - Nov 22 by digswellhoop

so does Hamilton deserve a knighthood

Not until he pays his taxes in this country.Not just him,but anyone who avoids paying their share in the land of their birth while continuing to want to claim they’re still British.
I could understand it if the tax rate was over 90% like the 60’s and 70’s,but he’d still get to keep 55% of the millions he earns every year,and the millions he’d pay would do a lot of good in these dire times.
Login to get fewer ads

hounours on 22:55 - Nov 22 with 656 viewsdigswellhoop

well said
hounours on 23:27 - Nov 22 with 620 viewsDavieQPR

Why should he be given a Knighthood for driving the equivalent of a sports car against a load of Morris Minors.
hounours on 23:37 - Nov 22 with 607 viewsBoston

hounours on 22:24 - Nov 22 by stowmarketrange

Not until he pays his taxes in this country.Not just him,but anyone who avoids paying their share in the land of their birth while continuing to want to claim they’re still British.
I could understand it if the tax rate was over 90% like the 60’s and 70’s,but he’d still get to keep 55% of the millions he earns every year,and the millions he’d pay would do a lot of good in these dire times.

Well, I'm still British like it or lump it due to birth. Left the country decades ago though still pay UK tax due to my penchant for investing in things over that side of the pond. Oh, you're welcome to my part pension or whatever I paid into, I'm more than grateful for the education.

Edit, if someone wants an OBE I'll pass on your name when they come calling.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 23:40]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

hounours on 00:14 - Nov 23 with 575 viewsQPR_Jim

Well I'd say it's a bit late to exclude sportsmen and women now. If you've set the bar at Beckham and Murray then I think Hamilton has done enough.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 0:16]
hounours on 03:32 - Nov 23 with 522 viewsstowmarketrange

hounours on 23:37 - Nov 22 by Boston

Well, I'm still British like it or lump it due to birth. Left the country decades ago though still pay UK tax due to my penchant for investing in things over that side of the pond. Oh, you're welcome to my part pension or whatever I paid into, I'm more than grateful for the education.

Edit, if someone wants an OBE I'll pass on your name when they come calling.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 23:40]

I guess you left for reasons other than just to avoid paying tax on your vast income though mate.Thats the difference.
I’m not sure they give out gongs for driving a truck so I think I’m safe for a while.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024