Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest 13:58 - Oct 30 with 937 viewsLogman

While they were solid and threatening up front last night at times I think there might be a bit of new manager bounce going on there and I have a slight suspicion that they are going to level off. I have a Forest supporting friend (there last night) who is tipping them for the play-offs. Take out the threat of Johnson (no. 20) and I think they are a mid-table outfit. Scott McKenna, who we were after, is a bit of a mountain but I'd like to see him tested more on the floor.
Forest on 14:25 - Oct 30 with 878 viewsPaddyhoops

Apart from Albert's near OG in the first half I don't think they threatened at all. Neat and tidy. Lots of possession, no real cutting edge.
The facts are we had a great 10 minute spell in the second half and should have put the game to bed.
Forest on 14:41 - Oct 30 with 820 viewsToast_R

They were getting a lot of joy down our left in the first half and really should have made more of those but second half, not a lot.
Forest on 14:44 - Oct 30 with 812 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I didn't see anything amazing in Forest but then again this division is so unpredictable that play-off places are there for the taking for whoever can put a sequence of results together. Steve Cooper has gone back-to-basics by making them organised at the back and employing fairly rudimentary tactics going forward. Most of their better situations arose from pressing high and hitting the ball long into the right-hand channel for their young winger to chase. You can't really blame Cooper for the basic tactics given that Forest were bottom when he took over and devoid of all confidence.
Forest on 14:55 - Oct 30 with 788 viewsBklynRanger

Yates did a good number on Willock in the first half I thought, and Colback is a very competent Championship CM at this stage. Kept them focused and acted as a really good pivot.

That Johnson kid was right in front of me first half and had that BOS quality of a couple of extra gears beyond what you'd assume was his top speed. Him against Barbet was comical at times but not in a good way, no offence to Johan.

They looked like an 8th place team to me, much like us but in a more consistent 'grind it out' way compared to our Warbs-ball style. To put it another way I think they have a lower ceiling but a higher floor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024