Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sparky 08:45 - May 15 with 855 viewsJamie

On Villa's shortlist and long been Lerner's preferred choice say the Fail.
Sparky on 08:48 - May 15 with 841 viewsKevinPR

Won't that be around £10m in compo??
Sparky on 08:56 - May 15 with 801 viewsTonto

If he was Learner's no 1 choice, why didn't he give him the job last year when he was freely available?

I reckon Hughes is happy at Rangers - he has a chance to build a club from the ground level up - in his style. he will get a major say in the new training ground facilities, has plenty of dosh to spend on players, and with the large number of contracts expiring, doesnt need to do much to cut the deadwood from squad.

Even if he is given the chance, I suspect he will stay.

Plus every other paper reckons it will be Martinez or Lambert

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Sparky on 09:07 - May 15 with 749 viewsSpiritofGregory

Can't see it, having Hughes means that you have to spend money.

Sparky on 09:19 - May 15 with 730 viewsLowerloftLad

Sparky its a top class manager and every time a so called bigger side looks for a manger his name will pop up. Nothing to worry about he will stay with QPR. Also villa won't get anywhere near his wage demands

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Sparky on 09:26 - May 15 with 688 viewsswisscottage

Sparky on 09:19 - May 15 by LowerloftLad

Sparky its a top class manager and every time a so called bigger side looks for a manger his name will pop up. Nothing to worry about he will stay with QPR. Also villa won't get anywhere near his wage demands

Not to mention they have no money and are struggling whereas we're a club builind state of the art facilities and with the funds to allow him to do what he does best...

Buying those 1-4mil value players that end up being worth twice what you pay for them. There's no doubt in my mind that Diakite's gong to be worth 10 mil by the end of next season if he continues to show the level of form he has home and away next season.
Sparky on 09:34 - May 15 with 651 viewsJamie

The thought of Holt & Lambert relegating Villa soothes me.
Sparky on 09:40 - May 15 with 622 viewsBlackCrowe

Never. In. A. Million. Years. will Hughes leave the Rs before or during next season. Not even the remotest chance.

When he said he wanted ambition (much to FFC's ire) this is ultimatelhy what he is getting from Fernandes, Bhattia etc - swanky brand new training complex and academy, new ground, impressive transfer war chest, probably amazing salary and bonus package and freedom to make his own decisions.

Doesn't mean we will win champions league or premiership or anything like that but that he is at a club that is determined to improve unrecognisably in every department and he sits top of the pile.

He won't go to Villa.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Sparky on 09:41 - May 15 with 620 viewsNorthernr

Lerner's preferred choice? Is that why they went for the McRelegater last summer when Hughes was without a club?
Login to get fewer ads

Sparky on 09:45 - May 15 with 591 viewsSpiritofGregory

Villa are always selling their best players, they lack ambition.
Sparky on 09:54 - May 15 with 570 viewsDesertBoot

Villa were after Martinez and his attacking footballing policies, then they go to the other end of the scale and appoint McLeish. Baffling.
With all the good times ahead here at QPR, no way would Hughes head for Villa Park.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Sparky on 10:04 - May 15 with 529 viewsBazWoT

The words actually used in the "Fail"

"Lerner's former favourite Mark Hughes might even be an option"

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Sparky on 10:20 - May 15 with 481 viewsnadera78

Sparky on 09:45 - May 15 by SpiritofGregory

Villa are always selling their best players, they lack ambition.

That's because Lerner, like the other American owners, will not put his hand into his pocket. Professional sport is a business to them and they want a return on their investment. The Glazers have taken a club with no debt and turned it into one owing 400million odd, whist 500million has gone out the door to the banks and they themselves have taken millions in fees. When the club has finished paying off everything to the banks the Glazers will sell it and pocket the 1billion+ quid.

Kroenke at Arsenal has said he won't be putting any money of his own into the club now that he's bought it. A recent report claimed Arsenal could lower prices by 19quid a ticket and still break even.

Lerner has realised that Villa can't win anything without insane spending, but he can still make a profit from a mid-table club.

Looking at owners around the league, the Arabs want glory and the Americans want a profit.
Sparky on 10:41 - May 15 with 424 viewsJamie

Sparky on 09:41 - May 15 by Northernr

Lerner's preferred choice? Is that why they went for the McRelegater last summer when Hughes was without a club?

Sparky was bookies favourite for the Chelsea job at that point and left a club far higher up the table claiming they had 'no ambition'. A 30 second phone call to Hughes' agent at that time wouldve been enough to attain he wouldnt have been interested.
Sparky on 10:51 - May 15 with 384 viewsNorthernr

Sparky on 10:41 - May 15 by Jamie

Sparky was bookies favourite for the Chelsea job at that point and left a club far higher up the table claiming they had 'no ambition'. A 30 second phone call to Hughes' agent at that time wouldve been enough to attain he wouldnt have been interested.

You're making this up as you go along now, Hughes was never favourite for the Chelsea job and barely mentioned in passing for it.
Sparky on 10:55 - May 15 with 366 viewsCiderwithRsie

Sparky on 10:20 - May 15 by nadera78

That's because Lerner, like the other American owners, will not put his hand into his pocket. Professional sport is a business to them and they want a return on their investment. The Glazers have taken a club with no debt and turned it into one owing 400million odd, whist 500million has gone out the door to the banks and they themselves have taken millions in fees. When the club has finished paying off everything to the banks the Glazers will sell it and pocket the 1billion+ quid.

Kroenke at Arsenal has said he won't be putting any money of his own into the club now that he's bought it. A recent report claimed Arsenal could lower prices by 19quid a ticket and still break even.

Lerner has realised that Villa can't win anything without insane spending, but he can still make a profit from a mid-table club.

Looking at owners around the league, the Arabs want glory and the Americans want a profit.

Lerner's not in the Glazer bracket. The Glazers [and the bankers behind them] are using ManU as a cash cow - not that I sympathise much given that ManU were behind turning the 1st division that they couldn't win into the Bank Balance League that they regularly would.

Lerner, like Wenger at Arsenal, just thinks the Club should be economically sustainable. Which, given the size of both clubs, they should be.

I'm all for TF and the Mittals putting money into QPR, but in the long term I'd sooner they built a structure that didn't depend on massive debt to the owners. I still look forward to the day that Abramovich's executors, working for whatever trophy blonde 20 years younger than him happens to be his widow, send the bailiffs into Chelsea.
Sparky on 11:12 - May 15 with 329 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Didn't O'Neill quit because Lerner wouldn't put his hand in his pocket.

Hughes quit Fulham for the exact same reason.

Pure, non informed, speculation
Sparky on 11:16 - May 15 with 309 viewstimcocking

I don't see it. Leave west London for Birmingham lol? That would be madness.

I reckon outside of the top several teams, Hughes does have a good position. He has carte blanche to make a new team, i'd enjoy that myself. Like a really cool computer game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024