Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7/7 BBC 2 Documentary last night 13:24 - Jul 3 with 610 viewsCharlie1

Did anyone see this?

Harrowing. Very well filmed / put together. Real tear jerker and some horrendous recounts. Only 7 years ago.....

Sends shivers down the spine. If it's on iPlayer, check it out but it will jolt the system.

2:59 baby!

7/7 BBC 2 Documentary last night on 13:32 - Jul 3 with 596 viewsSnipper

I just watched it via Sky + Dave. Unbelievable that it's seven years ago.

My missus used to work with the girl Martine who lost both legs in the Aldgate bomb.

Very sad and very moving programme. Heart wrenching listening to the interviews with family members.
7/7 BBC 2 Documentary last night on 13:34 - Jul 3 with 587 viewsSnipper

I should add that it's being shown again on BBC2 on Wednesday night at 11.20pm.

A very good documentary.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
7/7 BBC 2 Documentary last night on 13:36 - Jul 3 with 577 viewsCharlie1

7/7 BBC 2 Documentary last night on 13:32 - Jul 3 by Snipper

I just watched it via Sky + Dave. Unbelievable that it's seven years ago.

My missus used to work with the girl Martine who lost both legs in the Aldgate bomb.

Very sad and very moving programme. Heart wrenching listening to the interviews with family members.

How she (and all of them) spoke about it was both incredible and humbling.

I never realised impact outside of the UK ie the Turkish woman.

7/7 BBC 2 Documentary last night on 13:44 - Jul 3 with 563 viewsSnipper

7/7 BBC 2 Documentary last night on 13:36 - Jul 3 by Charlie1

How she (and all of them) spoke about it was both incredible and humbling.

I never realised impact outside of the UK ie the Turkish woman.

The driver of the Piccadilly line train has always refused interviews for news & documentary programmes. He never drove again.
7/7 BBC 2 Documentary last night on 13:47 - Jul 3 with 552 viewsCharlie1

7/7 BBC 2 Documentary last night on 13:44 - Jul 3 by Snipper

The driver of the Piccadilly line train has always refused interviews for news & documentary programmes. He never drove again.

Can understand why

Harrowing and horrendous for all

7/7 BBC 2 Documentary last night on 16:11 - Jul 3 with 482 viewsstowmarketrange

I remember it well,only 24 hours after the happiness of winning the Olympic bid too.
What a contrast in emotions so soon.
How any action like that be done in the name of a religion defies belief.
It was bad during the IRA times,but at least they normally gave some sort of warning.
7/7 BBC 2 Documentary last night on 17:45 - Jul 3 with 384 viewsthemodfather

7/7 BBC 2 Documentary last night on 16:11 - Jul 3 by stowmarketrange

I remember it well,only 24 hours after the happiness of winning the Olympic bid too.
What a contrast in emotions so soon.
How any action like that be done in the name of a religion defies belief.
It was bad during the IRA times,but at least they normally gave some sort of warning.

amidst all the chaos of the horrors of that day..somehow london coped..yes phone lines went down, buses and tubes stopped...but we coped.
many tube staff that day, on duty but not involved in "incidents" were never debriefed , comms were poor in that THEN we were not allowed personal radios and it took a while to know what was going on.
i hope all the emergency services have learnt, as well as the public...by that i mean...on that day when i was evacuating the station i work, most verbally abused me and were angry, with little info all i could say "is when you get home and see tv, maybe you'll think again"...cos by then 3 persons had come forward saying they've had calls from home about bombs all over london.
when you see that bus blown apart, it's incredible to think anyone got off/out alive...but they did.
7/7 BBC 2 Documentary last night on 19:13 - Jul 3 with 334 viewssmegma

7/7 BBC 2 Documentary last night on 17:45 - Jul 3 by themodfather

amidst all the chaos of the horrors of that day..somehow london coped..yes phone lines went down, buses and tubes stopped...but we coped.
many tube staff that day, on duty but not involved in "incidents" were never debriefed , comms were poor in that THEN we were not allowed personal radios and it took a while to know what was going on.
i hope all the emergency services have learnt, as well as the public...by that i mean...on that day when i was evacuating the station i work, most verbally abused me and were angry, with little info all i could say "is when you get home and see tv, maybe you'll think again"...cos by then 3 persons had come forward saying they've had calls from home about bombs all over london.
when you see that bus blown apart, it's incredible to think anyone got off/out alive...but they did.

Luke, I had similar at work. Some bloke abused me for telling him 'the advice is not to attempt to travel into central London unless you are a soldier or a member of the emergency services as London has come to a standstill'. He then told me he had a very important job as a chef for Pizza Hut in Leicester Square. You couldn't make it up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024