Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Airport Taxes (Non QPR) 12:51 - Sep 26 with 1247 viewsjohnhoop

Just rang up the travel agent I normally use to book my flight to get to Sri Lanka in February and was quoted what I know to be a reasonable return fare of £530.
The bit that left me absolutely gobsmacked (and f--kin angry),was the information that the flight actually costs £270 and the other £260 is the taxes!!!
Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 13:24 - Sep 26 with 1184 viewssmegma

Welcome to Britain.

Been looking up flights to Rio and the same occurs whereby BA take £265 and Mr Osborn takes £355.Not a bad earner when you multiply that by 400 passengers eh ?
Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 13:30 - Sep 26 with 1161 viewsreal_loftus

I blame Thatcher

ATAF.

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 13:32 - Sep 26 with 1153 viewswestolian

and Finney !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 13:34 - Sep 26 with 1145 viewsreal_loftus

I blame Thatcher for Finney too

ATAF.

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 13:35 - Sep 26 with 1142 viewsTacticalR

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 13:30 - Sep 26 by real_loftus

I blame Thatcher

You scoff, but her government was a dab hand at switching from direct to indirect taxation, while crowing loudly about reducing taxes.

Air hostess clique

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 13:35 - Sep 26 with 1137 viewsreal_loftus

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 13:35 - Sep 26 by TacticalR

You scoff, but her government was a dab hand at switching from direct to indirect taxation, while crowing loudly about reducing taxes.

ATAF.

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 13:35 - Sep 26 with 1137 viewsreal_loftus

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 13:35 - Sep 26 by TacticalR

ATAF.

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 13:36 - Sep 26 with 1134 viewsKevinPR

Yep. Booked my flights to Brazil for Xmas yesterday - £440 for the ticket, plus £410 tax and charges.

Login to get fewer ads

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 13:37 - Sep 26 with 1126 viewssmegma

Every govt in my lifetime has whether they are wearing red or blue rozettes.
Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 13:40 - Sep 26 with 1115 viewsTacticalR

There certainly has been a rapid growth in the number of government officials who say they are against government.

Air hostess clique

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 14:42 - Sep 26 with 1057 viewsCliff

You might like to read:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/revealed-airlines-16310bn-governme

The important quotes (IMHO) are:

"The Government has been urged to abolish a £10bn-a-year "hidden subsidy" to the airline industry"

and

"drivers had to pay 58p per litre in fuel duty, plus VAT of 17.5 per cent, while the aviation industry only paid air passenger duty of £1bn a year."

So before we moan too much about the airport taxes (which I admit p!ss me off) they only claw back a tenth of what the government give away in fuel duty.

Hands up who wants the airport tax abolished and airline fuel duty imposed instead?
Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 14:45 - Sep 26 with 1052 viewsBlackCrowe

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 14:42 - Sep 26 by Cliff

You might like to read:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/revealed-airlines-16310bn-governme

"The Government has been urged to abolish a £10bn-a-year "hidden subsidy" to the airline industry"

and

"drivers had to pay 58p per litre in fuel duty, plus VAT of 17.5 per cent, while the aviation industry only paid air passenger duty of £1bn a year."

So before we moan too much about the airport taxes (which I admit p!ss me off) they only claw back a tenth of what the government give away in fuel duty.

Hands up who wants the airport tax abolished and airline fuel duty imposed instead?

I'd like free flights please. Are Hoover still doing their promotion?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 14:48 - Sep 26 with 1042 viewspomanjou

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 14:42 - Sep 26 by Cliff

You might like to read:

and

Me.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 15:28 - Sep 26 with 989 viewsHollowayRanger

going ireland cork think my actual plane fare was £15 but actually paid £135

tax fuel surcharge luggage seat ect ect

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 15:31 - Sep 26 with 981 viewsTW_R

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 15:28 - Sep 26 by HollowayRanger

going ireland cork think my actual plane fare was £15 but actually paid £135

tax fuel surcharge luggage seat ect ect

Bloody hell. You have to pay extra for the seat as well! Must be RyanAir?
Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 15:37 - Sep 26 with 968 viewsthame_hoops

My flight to Chicago next month in the BA sale was £450, £350 was taxes. Annoying thing is the old BA miles are called Avios miles and you can't get a free flight. I'd have to use 40k miles and still pay the taxes so only saving £100
Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 15:51 - Sep 26 with 941 viewsHAYESBOY

Thank Ken Clarke, he brought all this sht in when he was extending vat to domestic fuel bills and insurance.
If he would of had his way vat would have gone on papers and kids clothes as well.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Airport Taxes (Non QPR) on 16:47 - Sep 26 with 898 viewsheadhoops

all governments = taxes be they red, blue or any other colour.

sick to death of having to pay PAYE, NI, Corp Tax, Road Fund Licence, VAT, rates, etc etc etc - whilst I suspect a neighbour of having his benefits paid to him into an off shore bank account.

Rant over unless anyone wants to stick another 10p in my head.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024