Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry 11:00 - Sep 27 with 347 viewsexiled_dictator

Just reading that a verdict is expected some time today in his Football Association disciplinary hearing.
Does anybody know if he is found guilty what is the maximum punishment, both financially & playing time exclusion, that he can be given?
If he is found guilty, can he appeal?

I like the idea that his defence team was saying that because he has already been cleared in a criminal trial, they wanted the FA trial dismissed.
I think that the FA are in a no-win situation, having delayed the trial for so long, and with Terry having retired from International Football (surely it won't be that long before he comes out of retirement once he is found innocent), the FA had to bring the case against him. As in the Suarez case, his club has stood by him from the start, but that's not surprising.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

John Terry on 11:07 - Sep 27 with 340 viewsWokingR

Today ?

Why the rush all of a sudden !
Surely they need to deliberate and give this all due consideration for another couple of months at least.
John Terry on 11:23 - Sep 27 with 314 viewsQPunkR

John Terry on 11:07 - Sep 27 by WokingR

Today ?

Why the rush all of a sudden !
Surely they need to deliberate and give this all due consideration for another couple of months at least.

Months?? Hell, why not wait until the 10th anniversary of the start of the hearing to actually deliver any verdict.

It's the FA way

QPR - "shit but local"

John Terry on 11:25 - Sep 27 with 306 viewsPhildo

He has already said if found guilty he will appeal so this will yawn on for quite a while yet.
John Terry on 11:29 - Sep 27 with 295 viewsadhoc_qpr

If they find him guilty (and i'm still not sure they will, he could well be part of the 0.5% not punished) then surely they'll struggle to justify less than the 8 games ban that Suarez served?
John Terry on 11:39 - Sep 27 with 273 viewsJamie

John Terry on 11:29 - Sep 27 by adhoc_qpr

If they find him guilty (and i'm still not sure they will, he could well be part of the 0.5% not punished) then surely they'll struggle to justify less than the 8 games ban that Suarez served?

They'd quite easily justify less than that as the Suarez judgement was quite clearly broken down as 3 games for abuse, 1 game for racist element, doubled for repeated abuse.

4 games and a fine for Terry IF found guilty imo.
John Terry on 11:41 - Sep 27 with 269 viewsWanderR

John Terry on 11:29 - Sep 27 by adhoc_qpr

Suarez got a eight match ban for repeated offenses during a single game rather the usual four match ban ergo Terry would be looking at a four match ban.

Current location: OX10

John Terry on 11:45 - Sep 27 with 256 viewsJamie

On the proviso that the ban kicks in 7 days from judgment he would miss Norwich, Spurs, Utd & Swansea. If its immediate its Arsenal instead of Swansea.
John Terry on 11:46 - Sep 27 with 253 viewssmegma

John Terry on 11:23 - Sep 27 by QPunkR

Months?? Hell, why not wait until the 10th anniversary of the start of the hearing to actually deliver any verdict.

It's the FA way

Or 23 years.

Its taken nearly a year and THEN they have a 4 day hearing .The FA are not fit for purpose.
Login to get fewer ads

John Terry on 12:01 - Sep 27 with 226 viewsdaveB

to be fair to the FA they couldn't do anything until July as Terrys legal team delayed it for so long and they've delayed this hearing as well.

He should be done as there is no doubt he did it but I wouldn't be surprised to seem him wriggle his way out of this again, by getting the likes of Capello invovled shows that the hearing has very little to do with what actually happened and just more character witnesses for him again.

I'd have more respect for Terry if he had just come out and said Sorry i said something stupid but didn't mean it the way it came across, he could have said that 11 months ago but he chose to deny it all instead and he's the one who has dragged this out to the point where very few care any more.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
John Terry on 12:04 - Sep 27 with 215 viewsQPunkR

I was including the Ale Faurlin fiasco in my comment as well!

The FA are indeed not fit for porpoise -_-

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024