Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derry 19:46 - Dec 26 with 1242 viewsozranger

In the light of Hill's possible return, our poor performances and lack of belief in our manager by some, I thought I'd share a light about another ex-QPR player.

There is a team that I have followed the past few years after having seen them in 2013. That is, Cambridge United of Div 2 and managed by Shaun Derry. We used to play against this team in the early 80s in Div 2 and they, themselves made it up to the level we are at now in the early 90s. Well, there has been a resurgence and Cambridge are threatening to move forward again. After Richard Money took them out of the non-league to Div 2, Shaun took over. He had a rough start...

In the opening eight games of this season and going in to as late as Saturday 24 September, Cambridge had 3 points - 0 wins, 3 draws and 5 losses. They were dead last and starting to drift from the pack. However, there was no talk about sacking the manager, unlike some clubs at higher levels, just trust. Since then and in the past 14 league games Cambridge have 10 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses! They are now 7th and in the playoff spots. The Abbey must be a buzz.

So, two things here. Don't give up on a QPR legend. And, perhaps we should consider Shaun for a managing spot (assistant maybe) in the not too distant future.

HNY to all
Derry on 20:29 - Dec 26 with 1178 viewsW12SG2

Just watched them beat Stevenage. Cambridge were ok in patches but outplayed most of the second half until Stevenage gifted them the winner. Bit like the championship down there, lots of teams with little between them but good place for Derry to learn the trade. I think he needs a bit longer and ideally a promotion or two on the cv, especially because we (fans and owner) aren't as patient as Cambridge
Derry on 20:31 - Dec 26 with 1173 viewsisawqpratwcity

Jeez, that bloke was just fckn awesome in our team! I'm delighted to hear that he is getting on top of things there.

Let's give him a few more weeks of watching how we treat Olly before we invite him back. He might find that information useful in making his decision.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Derry on 20:44 - Dec 26 with 1144 viewsNorthernr

Went to Cambridge Pompey last year on an international weekend as a ground ticking exercise. Fantastic game refereed by an absolute lunatic, four goals, two red cards including one for fighting in the tunnel at half time, full house, great atmosphere, really enjoyed it. That was under Richard Money, shortly before Derry arrived. Pleased they stuck with him through a bad start this year - him and Ainsworth were bottom two in September and are both play offs now on ridiculous runs.
Derry on 20:51 - Dec 26 with 1129 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, we've not finished destroying our current legend yet!

Lovely post though : )
Derry on 00:08 - Dec 27 with 961 viewsLblock

Mate of mine son is a pro at Cambridge

Says the players absolutely love Lord Dezza and he's straight down the line with them, flexible on tactics and he keeps training fresh
They also have a two year plan

Still think he'll team up with Clint and be a roaring success at a higher level

As for being an Assistant anywhere, no chance!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Derry on 00:48 - Dec 27 with 925 viewsmcqpr10

I loved Derry at rangers. Lord could we do with a player like him in the team now.

But please, please don't appoint him at rangers, and ruin his managerial career. He deserves better than that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024