Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy Birthday... 13:51 - Dec 8 with 1148 viewsEsox_Lucius

... to our modern day saviour Les Ferdinand. Happy 51st, and many more to come.

The grass is always greener.

Happy Birthday... on 14:14 - Dec 8 with 1127 viewsBoston

...and Teri Hatcher, don't forget Teri Hatcher.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Happy Birthday... on 14:35 - Dec 8 with 1113 viewsBrightonhoop

Met Les at a charity Hayes game fundraiser for one of there coaches who had died young and suddenly leaving a young family. And Les was an absolute gentleman. There's a photo of him with Cyril Regis and then Chairman in front of the Ferdinand Suite that I took out there somewhere.
Happy Birthday Sir Les.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2017 14:36]
Happy Birthday... on 14:45 - Dec 8 with 1092 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think it's one of the great joys of being a Rangers fan at the moment that Les Ferdinand is back with us and doing a great job. The alternative is unimaginable.

Were he to be as poor an administrator as his predecessors were he would be getting torn apart mercilessly, and those of us who loved him as a player and as an ambassador for us in the 80's and 90's would have to admit that on-pitch heroes do not always make off-field heroes, and his reputation would be tarnished somewhat. It would be beyond sad for him and for us. We are a family after all.

As it is, I think that the vast majority of the fanbase believe he is representing us extremely well and also doing a remarkable job, and the vast majority is as much as you can hope for. I'm not one for coronations so that's as far as I'll go with the praise save to say that it's genuine and heartfelt.

I'm really pleased that it's worked out this way. For him and for us.

I hope he has a great birthday. He's worked hard for it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Happy Birthday... on 14:58 - Dec 8 with 1079 viewsEsox_Lucius

One of many of the players who always stopped for autographs and photos, even to the point that one afternoon it must have been close to half two and he was still outside and couldn't have been more apologetic to those that he hadn't had time for even explaining that he'd "probably already got a fine for being late". That always stuck in my mind and really demonstrates what a great human being he is... despite what some of the mouth breathers post about him being hated at the club etc. on social media sites. I know he upset a few of the youth team set up but it was more a case of a few home truths about their effectiveness at bringing the young players on in their development. One would have to say he was right too as there is certainly a lot more awareness of the good youngsters we now have. I believe that without him and Hoos , with Ruben's backing, that we would be right up sh!t creek now.

The grass is always greener.

Happy Birthday... on 15:52 - Dec 8 with 1057 viewsHunterhoop

Long Live Les!
Happy Birthday... on 16:36 - Dec 8 with 1030 viewsBoston

Happy Birthday... on 15:52 - Dec 8 by Hunterhoop

Long Live Les!

Les live long.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Happy Birthday... on 17:21 - Dec 8 with 1010 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Can he play centre back?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Happy Birthday... on 18:27 - Dec 8 with 983 viewsAntti_Heinola

I remember after one of his 20+ seasons, it was the last home game, probably v West Ham. For some reason, I was in the paddocks for that game, and before the match he was signing autographs. I got his and asked him if he'd be staying for the next season. I actually thought he'd go. But he said he'd be staying. And he did. Man of his word!
Happy Birthday Sir Les.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Happy Birthday... on 19:54 - Dec 8 with 930 viewsBucksRanger

When my daughter was a youngster of 7-8 we took a family holiday to Florida. A trip to Disney World resulted in her having a photo of her and Mickey being taken. On our return to the UK she got it in her head that she should write a letter about her holiday to her favourite player, Les Ferdinand and enclosed the photo. We thought no more about it but a week or two later she received a lovely thank you letter from Les. She was so pleased she tacked it to her bedroom wall and later had it framed. The letter stayed on her wall for much of the rest of her childhood.

She's in her early thirties now with two kids of her own but I'm pretty sure that letter is still with her and she has taught her kids that QPR are the team to follow and not their Dad's team, Aston Villa.

Two future QPR fans formed by Les's little act of kindness.
Happy Birthday... on 22:36 - Dec 8 with 853 viewsDevon_4_England

Les is a true gent. Happy Birthday to a QPR legend
Happy Birthday... on 07:59 - Dec 9 with 787 viewsloftboy

I remember when he came back to LR when he was at Reading, he got a right bollocking for not doing the warm ups, instead he was stood by the West paddock talking to fans and signing autographs.
People who constantly slag him and Hoos off don’t fully understand the remit of their jobs and the financial restraints they are having to work to at the moment.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Happy Birthday... (n/t) on 07:59 - Dec 9 with 787 viewsloftboy

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Happy Birthday... on 08:10 - Dec 9 with 783 viewsPommyhoop

Happy Birthday, Sir Les.
Hope you have a 'smashing' day.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024