Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm Having Quite A Giggle 22:26 - Feb 26 with 3085 viewsBoston

...at how tough the weather is going to be in London....no shoes, up hill both ways, septic tank.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 22:39 - Feb 26 with 2345 viewsLblock

I'm shaking my head in disbelief.

At 8.30am today some people were talking about having to leave due to a snow flurry - they'd been in 10 minutes
I'm yet to see anything that could be vaguely described as really bad weather yet our rubbish wasn't collected and trains and planes are being cancelled.

I'll revisit this IF we get the six inches my Missus is expecting tonight

Come on London - this aint the Blitz

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 22:40 - Feb 26 with 2347 viewscolinallcars

I remember in the great winter of '63 in London, seeing a bird freeze in midflight. Tell young folk these days and they wouldn't believe yer.
I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 23:12 - Feb 26 with 2297 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I've got a theory on this.
I reckon they paint such an ominous picture that a lot of people decide not to travel and thus the chaos is not as bad as previously.
Call me a cynic.
I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 00:28 - Feb 27 with 2259 viewskensalriser

This has got so out of hand that even Evan Davies on Newsnight compared it to Siberian weather. I've just checked and the forecast high in Siberia for Tuesday is -16, whereas here in London it might possibly be a single degree below for a few hours in the morning. It's a cold snap , it happens every winter and we've had about half a millimetre of snow. Meanwhile it's -4 in Berlin, -10 in Warsaw, -7 in Vienna and -11 in Stockholm.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 01:51 - Feb 27 with 2224 viewsBoston

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 22:40 - Feb 26 by colinallcars

I remember in the great winter of '63 in London, seeing a bird freeze in midflight. Tell young folk these days and they wouldn't believe yer.

There’s some great stuff on youtube covering that I have no recollection myself, too young, but I asked my Mother once and she, as the farmers daughter she was, just shrugged her shoulders and said, “well it was winter, your father went to work every day”.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 08:22 - Feb 27 with 2135 viewsWokingR

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 22:39 - Feb 26 by Lblock

At 8.30am today some people were talking about having to leave due to a snow flurry - they'd been in 10 minutes
I'm yet to see anything that could be vaguely described as really bad weather yet our rubbish wasn't collected and trains and planes are being cancelled.

In the absence of any further comment I'm presuming your wife didn't get anything like the 6 inches she was expecting ?
I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 09:02 - Feb 27 with 2067 viewstoboboly

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 22:39 - Feb 26 by Lblock

This.

Was quite warm this morning in comparison to the Stalingrad-esque week they were mentioning this morning. Planes and trains apparently cancelled, that's just being lazy, nothing to stop a plane in this country.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 9:03]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 09:04 - Feb 27 with 2053 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 09:02 - Feb 27 by toboboly

This.

Was quite warm this morning in comparison to the Stalingrad-esque week they were mentioning this morning. Planes and trains apparently cancelled, that's just being lazy, nothing to stop a plane in this country.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 9:03]

Yes the 'Beast from the East' produced temperatures of -3 this morning!
Login to get fewer ads

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 09:13 - Feb 27 with 2031 viewshopphoops

-16 as I left home this morning at 7am. Not a problem, you put a hat on. Roads were clear unlike yesterday, and then i only had one little wiggle on a roundabout.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 09:13 - Feb 27 with 2030 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Pah I'm wearing shorts.

Walking up the Strand "Have a banana" you'd think it was Arctic the way some were dressed.

Holland Football Tour '94 -25 in the wind now that was f'kin cold.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 09:18 - Feb 27 with 2021 viewshopphoops

these are good reasons not to go to work:

https://o.aolcdn.com/images/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/800x450/format/jpg/quali

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 09:24 - Feb 27 with 2014 viewssmegma

I can't believe the tube hasn't been affected .
I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 09:58 - Feb 27 with 1980 viewscolinallcars

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 09:24 - Feb 27 by smegma

I can't believe the tube hasn't been affected .

You can't tell from the District Line. It breaks down every day anyway.
I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 10:06 - Feb 27 with 1971 viewsAntti_Heinola

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 00:28 - Feb 27 by kensalriser

This has got so out of hand that even Evan Davies on Newsnight compared it to Siberian weather. I've just checked and the forecast high in Siberia for Tuesday is -16, whereas here in London it might possibly be a single degree below for a few hours in the morning. It's a cold snap , it happens every winter and we've had about half a millimetre of snow. Meanwhile it's -4 in Berlin, -10 in Warsaw, -7 in Vienna and -11 in Stockholm.

I've been in Eastern Europe at night when it's -25. And I've been here when it's about -1 and it feels colder here - sounds weird, but depends on the wind chill and whether it's a wet or dry cold.
Having said that, it's not really that bad is it?

Bare bones.

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 10:07 - Feb 27 with 1970 viewssmegma

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 09:04 - Feb 27 by CroydonCaptJack

Yes the 'Beast from the East' produced temperatures of -3 this morning!

While Greenland was in the plus Celsius figures........
I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 10:14 - Feb 27 with 1951 viewsLunarJetman

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 08:22 - Feb 27 by WokingR

In the absence of any further comment I'm presuming your wife didn't get anything like the 6 inches she was expecting ?

Apparently too many glasses of wine with dinner meant he was all floppy...
I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 11:00 - Feb 27 with 1893 viewssmegma

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 10:06 - Feb 27 by Antti_Heinola

I've been in Eastern Europe at night when it's -25. And I've been here when it's about -1 and it feels colder here - sounds weird, but depends on the wind chill and whether it's a wet or dry cold.
Having said that, it's not really that bad is it?

I visited Ushaiaa on the southern tip of Argentina (Tierra Del Fuego) in 2000. As it was their winter it was -25 Celsius. In a bar, the Dutch bloke in our crowd wanted a fag so we stepped outside the bar. We were twenty yards from the southern ocean. The pint in my hand froze and I managed to lob it before it stuck to my hand. Yet the airport was open and the local steam railway in the Tierra Del Fuego National Park ran smoothly. Meanwhile the London Overground Network is phucked due to it being a bit cold.
I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 11:33 - Feb 27 with 1850 viewskensalriser

Having invested in some scientific research standard measuring equipment, this morning I ventured outside to measure the overnight snowfall. After some deliberation, I determined the depth to be somewhere between 0.2-0.3 microns.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 11:34]

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 11:38 - Feb 27 with 1839 viewsMick_S

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 11:33 - Feb 27 by kensalriser

Having invested in some scientific research standard measuring equipment, this morning I ventured outside to measure the overnight snowfall. After some deliberation, I determined the depth to be somewhere between 0.2-0.3 microns.

You ok?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 11:48 - Feb 27 with 1818 viewshopphoops

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 11:33 - Feb 27 by kensalriser

Do take care out there.

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 11:51 - Feb 27 with 1811 viewsMick_S

Looks bad.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 12:02 - Feb 27 with 1794 viewsDavieQPR

Why is it every time we have a bit unusual weather it is always the coldest/hottest on record or since the war or such.
I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 12:17 - Feb 27 with 1757 viewshopphoops

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 11:51 - Feb 27 by Mick_S

Looks bad.

Spot the closet alcoholic who secretly sleeps at the office.

(I've never seen him before, it's just the haggard face and the don't-care-any-more tie)

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 12:58 - Feb 27 with 1705 viewskensalriser

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 11:38 - Feb 27 by Mick_S

You ok?

I took the precaution of wearing appropriate protective clothing; slippers, sweat pants and a t-shirt.

I'm Having Quite A Giggle on 13:19 - Feb 27 with 1658 views2Thomas2Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024