Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Substitutes 22:34 - Aug 10 with 1318 viewsozranger

I think this was brought up recently but I cannot find the thread.

I thought we had gone back to only three subs in a game. This evening I was at the Charlton v Wimbledon game. Wimbledon made four subs. So, does that mean there are different rules for subs in the Carabao Cup than there are in the League? That is a bit silly.
Substitutes on 22:38 - Aug 10 with 1309 viewsenfieldargh

10 Substitutes

10.1 Subject to Rule 10.2, in all matches, each team is permitted up to seven substitutes of whom not more than three may take part in the match.

10.2 Where either the Semi-Final or Final Tie goes to extra time (in accordance with the provisions of Rule 14.5), then each Club participating in that Final will be permitted to use an additional substitute (in extra time only).

10.3 All substitutes must be nominated and included on the official Team Sheet handed to the Referee prior to the match. Not more than three substitutes of each Club may warm up or down at the same time on the perimeter of the pitch on which the match is being played.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Substitutes on 22:49 - Aug 10 with 1268 viewsDavieQPR

You can make another one if the game goes into Extra Time. Although this wasn't the case here.
Substitutes on 00:06 - Aug 11 with 1188 viewsJigsore

was it a concussion sub?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Substitutes on 06:24 - Aug 11 with 1118 viewsozranger

Folks, none of the above. They made, at four different times, a sub.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58065890

check the lineups. Subs made at: 64', 75' 78' and 82'. All ordinary. Only one for an injured player who walked off ok.
Substitutes on 06:50 - Aug 11 with 1106 viewsNorthernr

Substitutes on 07:19 - Aug 11 with 1071 viewsozranger

Substitutes on 06:50 - Aug 11 by Northernr

So, it is a spare sub then? It is not included in the three subs if all three have not been taken? That seems rather strange. i would understand if the change was made after the third sub had taken place but not before.

If it is the case, then glad they have included it in the rules. Hope it extends to all competitions.
Substitutes on 07:19 - Aug 11 with 1069 viewsNorthernr

Substitutes on 07:19 - Aug 11 by ozranger

So, it is a spare sub then? It is not included in the three subs if all three have not been taken? That seems rather strange. i would understand if the change was made after the third sub had taken place but not before.

If it is the case, then glad they have included it in the rules. Hope it extends to all competitions.

Apparently the oppo also get a free fourth sub if it happens, so Charlton could have done four as well.
Substitutes on 09:28 - Aug 11 with 939 viewsrsonist

When the chips are down and you've made all your subs...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024