Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One gripe. 19:55 - Aug 21 with 1758 viewsconnell10

I wish we could start our games on the front foot, it would make life so much easier, other than that I'm very happy !!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

One gripe. on 21:18 - Aug 21 with 1639 viewsenfieldargh

They had an extra day to prepare having played tuesday. Our players look jaded first half, their usual zipp definitely missing plus Warbs got his team selection wrong.

Point gained today, Barnsley are no push overs

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

One gripe. on 21:25 - Aug 21 with 1615 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

One gripe. on 21:18 - Aug 21 by enfieldargh

They had an extra day to prepare having played tuesday. Our players look jaded first half, their usual zipp definitely missing plus Warbs got his team selection wrong.

There's no easy way to beat us. Don't panic.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

One gripe. on 21:28 - Aug 21 with 1602 viewsdavman

Not a lot wrong with the energy levels today at the start. Barnsley absolutely blitzed us (again) and closed all avenues down. We were literally swamped and found no time to be composed on the ball. That left us looking very ragged.

Only 6 on the bench at this early stage in the season is not a good state of affairs. Why we couldn't wait a week or two to let Faysal and Conor go out I'll never know.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

One gripe. on 21:40 - Aug 21 with 1567 viewsenfieldargh

woudnt be surprised to see 2 more in the door.

As mentioned Faysal looks more than capable to play in the side and hold down his place.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

One gripe. on 21:42 - Aug 21 with 1559 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

One gripe. on 21:28 - Aug 21 by davman

Not a lot wrong with the energy levels today at the start. Barnsley absolutely blitzed us (again) and closed all avenues down. We were literally swamped and found no time to be composed on the ball. That left us looking very ragged.

Only 6 on the bench at this early stage in the season is not a good state of affairs. Why we couldn't wait a week or two to let Faysal and Conor go out I'll never know.

I'd be surprised if there aren't more signings on the way.

In the mean time we were top for an hour!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

One grip on 22:28 - Aug 21 with 1402 viewswombat

One gripe. on 21:42 - Aug 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

I'd be surprised if there aren't more signings on the way.

In the mean time we were top for an hour!

When was the last time we started a season with NO players on loan in the squad ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

One gripe. on 22:37 - Aug 21 with 1373 viewsconnell10

I think we have started slowly in nearly all our games, just like to see us up it from the off.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

One gripe. on 22:54 - Aug 21 with 1333 viewsstainrods_elbow

One gripe. on 21:18 - Aug 21 by enfieldargh

I've rattled on about this already, but for me the calculated mental corrosiveness of Warbs + fans going on and on about the schedule (even taking the first part of his post-match interview with Nick London to lament it all over again) is likely as sapping as any 'actual' fatigue. I don't like it at our club, or in football generally, but there's no doubt it's professionally entrenched - Ian Taylor once wrote to me to tell me Steve McClaren (I think it was he) was particularly good at 'managing (down) expectations' that way. For me, it's been something of a malaise at QPR over the years and goes back to Gerry Francis, whose tendency to give club interviews to his shoes was so symbolic you could almost feel it dragging us down the table in 1999-2000 (I was so irked about it I remember I once wrote a countervailing piece for AKUTRs on the topic Dave Thomas pleasingly called 'Talking Us Up'). People tend to rise or fall to the bar you set for them, and, as Peter Hucker said about that Wembley final that never happened in 1986, sadly you sometimes get forces in a club that actually want to fail.

It's also only in recent times that this kind of excuse has been brought up to justify (and potentially elicit) poor performances, even though players don't play m/any more games now than they did, are supposedly far fitter, definitely much better looked after (not to mention fantastically paid), with lighter balls, very good pitches, and bigger crowds. Middlesbrough was a humdinger for sure, but it does grind my gears when Warburton insists he doesn't want to use a bit of compression on the fixture list has an excuse, then spends lots of time doing just that, even days later.

It doesn't even add up, because when Warburton changed the system and the players worked up a head of steam (with a lot of help from the fans), we played Barnsley off the park, so it was clearly nothing to do with depleted energy (unless - what? - the half-time interval and oranges magically gave them the rejuvenation they needed). Next time Nick London's standing in front of him and MW starts with the 'I don't want to talk about the sceduling etc. etc. etc', he could man up and try saying, as I'd be inclined to, 'Well, in that case DON'T, gaffer!'

What did worry me, despite his game-saving goal, was that Charlie looked absolutely shagged and out of sorts from virtually start to finish, and he only played 20 minutes mid-week. It may seem churlish to critique him after he got us a point, but he really was scarily poor for almost all of the preceding 89 minutes. With the clearly incompetent Bonne out on loan, I'd say we really do need to bring in one more decent striker on loan if we can before the window slams on our little pinkies. We really can't rely on Dykes and Austin to stay fit, avoid suspensions and keep scoring all season, I fear, if we've got ambitions of a top six finish.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 23:03]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

One grip on 22:57 - Aug 21 with 1325 viewsOldPedro

One grip on 22:28 - Aug 21 by wombat

When was the last time we started a season with NO players on loan in the squad ?

Isn't Sam McCallum on loan from Norwich?

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

One grip on 23:56 - Aug 21 with 1229 viewsSharpy36

One grip on 22:57 - Aug 21 by OldPedro

Isn't Sam McCallum on loan from Norwich?

Yep

Our squad is paper thin and will need reinforcements in the coming weeks.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

One gripe. on 00:03 - Aug 22 with 1216 viewskensalriser

Let's hope Norwich don't want McCullum back, they're already on -8 GD from two games.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

One gripe. on 00:08 - Aug 22 with 1206 viewsSharpy36

One gripe. on 22:54 - Aug 21 by stainrods_elbow

I've rattled on about this already, but for me the calculated mental corrosiveness of Warbs + fans going on and on about the schedule (even taking the first part of his post-match interview with Nick London to lament it all over again) is likely as sapping as any 'actual' fatigue. I don't like it at our club, or in football generally, but there's no doubt it's professionally entrenched - Ian Taylor once wrote to me to tell me Steve McClaren (I think it was he) was particularly good at 'managing (down) expectations' that way. For me, it's been something of a malaise at QPR over the years and goes back to Gerry Francis, whose tendency to give club interviews to his shoes was so symbolic you could almost feel it dragging us down the table in 1999-2000 (I was so irked about it I remember I once wrote a countervailing piece for AKUTRs on the topic Dave Thomas pleasingly called 'Talking Us Up'). People tend to rise or fall to the bar you set for them, and, as Peter Hucker said about that Wembley final that never happened in 1986, sadly you sometimes get forces in a club that actually want to fail.

It's also only in recent times that this kind of excuse has been brought up to justify (and potentially elicit) poor performances, even though players don't play m/any more games now than they did, are supposedly far fitter, definitely much better looked after (not to mention fantastically paid), with lighter balls, very good pitches, and bigger crowds. Middlesbrough was a humdinger for sure, but it does grind my gears when Warburton insists he doesn't want to use a bit of compression on the fixture list has an excuse, then spends lots of time doing just that, even days later.

It doesn't even add up, because when Warburton changed the system and the players worked up a head of steam (with a lot of help from the fans), we played Barnsley off the park, so it was clearly nothing to do with depleted energy (unless - what? - the half-time interval and oranges magically gave them the rejuvenation they needed). Next time Nick London's standing in front of him and MW starts with the 'I don't want to talk about the sceduling etc. etc. etc', he could man up and try saying, as I'd be inclined to, 'Well, in that case DON'T, gaffer!'

What did worry me, despite his game-saving goal, was that Charlie looked absolutely shagged and out of sorts from virtually start to finish, and he only played 20 minutes mid-week. It may seem churlish to critique him after he got us a point, but he really was scarily poor for almost all of the preceding 89 minutes. With the clearly incompetent Bonne out on loan, I'd say we really do need to bring in one more decent striker on loan if we can before the window slams on our little pinkies. We really can't rely on Dykes and Austin to stay fit, avoid suspensions and keep scoring all season, I fear, if we've got ambitions of a top six finish.

On your last paragraph add in the fact we could be losing players to next years ACN then we need those players in now or at least by November(ish) to be up to speed to be where we need them. No point adding players in January who haven`t played all season, if we want this, let`s be proactive in the market.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

One grip on 00:10 - Aug 22 with 1201 viewsdavman

One grip on 23:56 - Aug 21 by Sharpy36

Yep

Our squad is paper thin and will need reinforcements in the coming weeks.

According to the programme, Barnsley have many less players than we do. "Paper Thin" may be stretching it a little...

Can we go out yet?

One grip on 00:19 - Aug 22 with 1185 viewsSharpy36

One grip on 00:10 - Aug 22 by davman

According to the programme, Barnsley have many less players than we do. "Paper Thin" may be stretching it a little...

Maybe, but we`re four games in and losing players left right and center. As i`ve also pointed out above the ACN will take it`s toll.

One grip on 01:34 - Aug 22 with 1118 viewsBoston

One grip on 22:28 - Aug 21 by wombat

When was the last time we had one loan player in the squad?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

One gripe. on 02:55 - Aug 22 with 1056 viewsRussian__Bot

One gripe. on 22:54 - Aug 21 by stainrods_elbow

Glass half empty kind of guy

Positives vibes fella. Clubs in good hands
One grip on 09:34 - Aug 22 with 787 viewsdavman

One grip on 00:19 - Aug 22 by Sharpy36

Maybe, but we`re four games in and losing players left right and center. As i`ve also pointed out above the ACN will take it`s toll.

On reflection, I see your point, with three full backs and one CB out, we do suddenly appear to be short of options. Yes, Barnsley have a smaller squad, but they cope by picking exactly the same team two games on the trot and largely them lasting the pace of the game.

Our problem at the moment is that we're not confident that our starters will last 90 - Austin, Jojo, De Wijs. I get that the kids need loans, but that results in a loss of squad depth.

We were lucky with injuries last season, hopefully this is just a blip...

Can we go out yet?

One gripe. on 10:56 - Aug 22 with 730 viewsTacticalR

Wouldn't it make life so much easier if the team didn't concede any goals?

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024