Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squad Numbers 21:41 - Aug 2 with 2792 viewsderbyhoop

A gap at 5. CB incoming?
Not Whatmough
We pulled out of Knight deal last minute
Aden Flint - please God, NO

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Squad Numbers on 22:32 - Aug 2 with 2615 viewswortonr

More to the point, who’s a shoe in for number 12? I’m confused about how the numbers are allocated… much is obvious, eg most of 1 to 11, but are the rest down to superstition? Obviously we know about Ray, but any ideas on the rest?
Squad Numbers on 23:30 - Aug 2 with 2481 viewspaulhoop2

Some players have lucky numbers or historically have the same. Others just don’t care lol Andy carrol makes me laugh wearing number 2 ! Can anyone recall a strange number being worn out of position at rangers

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Squad Numbers on 00:15 - Aug 3 with 2402 viewsdaveB

I don't think we did pull out of a deal for Knight, thats just people trying to be in the know on twitter
Squad Numbers on 00:30 - Aug 3 with 2376 viewsDannyPaddox

Surely time to retire the number 6 shirt as a tribute to JCS
Squad Numbers on 11:16 - Aug 3 with 2025 viewsaston_hoop

Surprised Pedder didn't get a number. Not seen all of pre-season but thought he was one of the bright sparks and might well play a part as an option off the bench. Maybe the club want him to go and play football on loan for 6 months. Though with the size of our squad and our injuries, I don't know how wise that is

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Squad Numbers on 11:19 - Aug 3 with 1997 viewsNorthernr

Squad Numbers on 11:16 - Aug 3 by aston_hoop

Surprised Pedder didn't get a number. Not seen all of pre-season but thought he was one of the bright sparks and might well play a part as an option off the bench. Maybe the club want him to go and play football on loan for 6 months. Though with the size of our squad and our injuries, I don't know how wise that is

I've been at every pre-season game bar Reading. The only two of the juniors who've looked anything remotely like it are Woodman and Hawkins, and they're a couple of years back from the others. Pedder, Kargbo, Gubbins... I don't know, maybe they'll surprise me, but they look a long way shy to me.
Squad Numbers on 11:24 - Aug 3 with 1948 viewsRangersw12

Weakest squad I've seen since the late 90's
Squad Numbers on 12:09 - Aug 3 with 1798 viewsBlue_Castello

Squad Numbers on 11:24 - Aug 3 by Rangersw12

One word SCARY.....so we conceded 71 last season and with those defensive options what chance of an improvement, if we don't get another two defenders in very rapidly then we could start breaking records for goals conceded.
Login to get fewer ads

Squad Numbers on 12:10 - Aug 3 with 1795 viewsHayesender

Squad Numbers on 11:24 - Aug 3 by Rangersw12

It would be interesting to see this list against the 2000/01 squad that got relegated to the 3rd tier. Anyone got that list?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Squad Numbers on 12:42 - Aug 3 with 1688 viewstoboboly

Squad Numbers on 11:16 - Aug 3 by aston_hoop

Pedder is the spark in a coal mine, it won't go well.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Squad Numbers on 12:42 - Aug 3 with 1688 viewsslmrstid

Squad Numbers on 12:10 - Aug 3 by Hayesender

It would be interesting to see this list against the 2000/01 squad that got relegated to the 3rd tier. Anyone got that list?

1 GK Czech Republic CZE Ludek Miklosko
2 DF England ENG Tim Breacker
3 DF England ENG Ian Baraclough
4 DF Northern Ireland NIR Steve Morrow
5 DF Wales WAL Karl Ready
6 DF Jamaica JAM Danny Maddix[notes 1]
7 MF England ENG Paul Murray
8 MF England ENG Gavin Peacock
9 FW Democratic Republic of the Congo COD Michel Ngonge[notes 2]
10 FW England ENG Karl Connolly
11 FW England ENG Chris Kiwomya
12 DF England ENG Matthew Rose
13 GK England ENG Lee Harper
14 FW England ENG Leon Knight (on loan from Chelsea)
15 MF Australia AUS George Kulcsar[notes 3]
16 DF Northern Ireland NIR Keith Rowland
17 DF England ENG Chris Plummer
18 DF England ENG Clarke Carlisle
19 MF England ENG Christer Warren
20 MF Republic of Ireland IRL Tony Scully
21 MF England ENG Richard Langley[notes 4]
22 DF England ENG Jermaine Darlington
23 DF England ENG Marcus Bignot
24 MF England ENG Mark Perry
25 MF England ENG Alex Higgins
27 MF England ENG Stuart Wardley
28 FW England ENG Peter Crouch
30 FW England ENG Paul Bruce
31 FW Suriname SUR Sammy Koejoe
35 MF Northern Ireland NIR Terry McFlynn
36 FW Scotland SCO Andy Thomson
37 DF England ENG Oliver Burgess
38 FW England ENG Richard Pacquette[notes 5]
39 MF England ENG Benjamin Walshe
40 MF England ENG Justin Cochrane
41 FW England ENG Alvin Bubb[notes 6]

Straight from Wikipedia! Not all of those players were there the whole year - Andy Thomson/Marcus Bignot signing under Holloway quite late on for instance.
Squad Numbers on 14:58 - Aug 3 with 1442 viewsHunterhoop

Probably a deeper overall squad back then (somehow!) but a weaker first XI compared to today if everyone is fit.

Ainsworth is spot in about injuries being key. Not ideal to start the season with several!

A full first XI of:
Begovic
Kakay
Dunne
JCS/the CB we sign
Paal
Field
Colback
Chair
Willock
Smyth
Dykes

….beats the 99/00 lot. And it would be competitive, IMO. The issue is we might have to sell two of those before Aug is out or by end of Jan, and there is nothing behind it in central defence, midfield, or up front that you can have much confidence in.
Squad Numbers on 15:43 - Aug 3 with 1332 viewsRangersw12

Squad Numbers on 14:58 - Aug 3 by Hunterhoop

Probably a deeper overall squad back then (somehow!) but a weaker first XI compared to today if everyone is fit.

Ainsworth is spot in about injuries being key. Not ideal to start the season with several!

A full first XI of:
Begovic
Kakay
Dunne
JCS/the CB we sign
Paal
Field
Colback
Chair
Willock
Smyth
Dykes

….beats the 99/00 lot. And it would be competitive, IMO. The issue is we might have to sell two of those before Aug is out or by end of Jan, and there is nothing behind it in central defence, midfield, or up front that you can have much confidence in.

The issue we have is that out 2 best players on that list do not fit into GA playing style at all and therefore might aswell not pick them .

I just hope we have some decent corner routines as goals from open play will be less than double figures this season
Squad Numbers on 16:02 - Aug 3 with 1297 viewsHunterhoop

Squad Numbers on 15:43 - Aug 3 by Rangersw12

The issue we have is that out 2 best players on that list do not fit into GA playing style at all and therefore might aswell not pick them .

I just hope we have some decent corner routines as goals from open play will be less than double figures this season

I think you can fit them in personally.
I’d play 4231

Chair would play in the middle in front Field and Colback in a triangle. Willock and Smyth on the flanks and Dykes down the middle.

It works if Chair can get the ball, turn and play the ball forward towards Smyth and Willock. They have the pace and ability for the ball to player in between CB and fullback for a ball to run onto, or for them to check and receive to feet.

But all 3 have to get back in shape and create a 451 without the ball.

So it requires Willock to work too. Hmmm….
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024