Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team spirit & adel / Barton 17:47 - Mar 3 with 814 viewsCharlie1

Just on my train. Frustrating to not get arguably the 3 points today. They started well and a few nervous moments but had Akos scored (shouldve) or been a bit wiser in the final third, we'd have won.
Hughes is making a big difference, you can see it in our play.

Biggest difference for me today was our spirit. Never have up, each player encouraged the other and Barton plus Adel seemed to 'get on'. Whatever happened this week, made a difference.

With Cisse back (Zamora worked his nuts off but isolated) we can beat Bolton.

Clint Hill; legend. And Derry surprised me today, did ok. Did well and Akos ran the show.
SWP biggest disappointment in an r's shirt.

That spirit, if produced each week could keep us up.
Keep the faith and stay with the team....

2:59 baby!

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 17:51 - Mar 3 with 788 viewsstuabd

Agree on the team spirit. It was really clear that they were playing as a team. It was great seeing Adel come back from that mistake and want the ball and take responsibility. Overall, it's massive for the team to come back from 1 down to at least get a point against a good team.
Team spirit & adel / Barton on 17:51 - Mar 3 with 781 viewskropotkin41

Thanks for the report........... nice to have my impressions from a dodgy stream confirmed.

The real question now, I suppose, is if this run-in is going to prove too much for us even with the improvement.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 17:53 - Mar 3 with 768 viewsCharlie1

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 17:51 - Mar 3 by stuabd

Agree on the team spirit. It was really clear that they were playing as a team. It was great seeing Adel come back from that mistake and want the ball and take responsibility. Overall, it's massive for the team to come back from 1 down to at least get a point against a good team.

A lot of inter player support and communication today.
The margins in this league are so fine and minute which people forget.
Keep playing like we did today with that spirit and communication, we'll get a few wins by the end of the season.

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:00 - Mar 3 with 741 viewsstuabd

The important thing today was to break the run of bad results and to respect the point we ended up getting. It's a big confidence boost for the players and they'll be looking forward to next week. The pressure is on both teams but they're at home so if we start well we can take the crowd out of it.
Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:03 - Mar 3 with 716 viewsWestActon

I thought Akos was shocking

Bottled 50/50s, gave the ball away untold times and worst of all missed an open goal. Shame there is not a rule like the NFL where you can just put someone on for set pieces

Do agree however we did look a team today which was good to see
Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:07 - Mar 3 with 693 viewsCharlie1

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 17:51 - Mar 3 by kropotkin41

Thanks for the report........... nice to have my impressions from a dodgy stream confirmed.

The real question now, I suppose, is if this run-in is going to prove too much for us even with the improvement.

Kept 11 on the pitch today, long may that continue.

Cisse will get goals as will Zamora

Team spirit, support and communication continues like today, we've a fighting chance. I believe away from home, with our support at a struggling Bolton is a blessing in disguise. Bring it on...

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:07 - Mar 3 with 691 viewswombat

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:03 - Mar 3 by WestActon

Bottled 50/50s, gave the ball away untold times and worst of all missed an open goal. Shame there is not a rule like the NFL where you can just put someone on for set pieces

We looked balanced today for the first time in ages, hill and Ferdinand looked solid as did Traore and onhura , middle 3 worked one change next week cisse in for SWP
Simples this managers lark

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:11 - Mar 3 with 664 viewsAntti_Heinola

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:03 - Mar 3 by WestActon

Didn't notice a single bottled 50-50. Played really well and always kept possession well, plus his delivery was excellent as usual, one wayward free kick aside. How you can say anyone was 'shocking' today only tells me that some fans' expectations are ludicrously high. Good all-round team performance, but again a bit luckless (another sure sign of a team about to be relegated).

The formation worked well today because it played to players' strengths, particularly Derry. But with Cisse coming back something has to change. Going to be a big game and some big decisions to be made next week.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:19 - Mar 3 with 623 viewsWestActon

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:11 - Mar 3 by Antti_Heinola

Didn't notice a single bottled 50-50. Played really well and always kept possession well, plus his delivery was excellent as usual, one wayward free kick aside. How you can say anyone was 'shocking' today only tells me that some fans' expectations are ludicrously high. Good all-round team performance, but again a bit luckless (another sure sign of a team about to be relegated).

The formation worked well today because it played to players' strengths, particularly Derry. But with Cisse coming back something has to change. Going to be a big game and some big decisions to be made next week.

I could name my bones of contention but in hindsight after a fairly decent performance I should concentrate on what we done well rather then the negatives.

Very true formation worked and team played as a unit and we were competitive all over the park. I think I would still throw Samba back in for next week. How do we fit Cisse in the team??? who do we drop suppose its between SWP, Adel and Buzz
Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:25 - Mar 3 with 599 viewsAntti_Heinola

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:19 - Mar 3 by WestActon

I could name my bones of contention but in hindsight after a fairly decent performance I should concentrate on what we done well rather then the negatives.

Very true formation worked and team played as a unit and we were competitive all over the park. I think I would still throw Samba back in for next week. How do we fit Cisse in the team??? who do we drop suppose its between SWP, Adel and Buzz

Dropping Adel isn't an option. Please remove.

Bare bones.

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:32 - Mar 3 with 572 viewsWestActon

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:25 - Mar 3 by Antti_Heinola

Dropping Adel isn't an option. Please remove.

Agree 100% he is a must in the team.

Toss of a coin between Buzz and SWP in my view
Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:35 - Mar 3 with 554 viewsAntti_Heinola

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:32 - Mar 3 by WestActon

It's a tough one. There's also a decision to be made at the back - bring back Young and drop Hill after 2 great performances? Onuoha had his best game yet for us today too, against a tough opponent.
If we go 4-4-2, Derry has to come out. Could play Buzz or Barton wide right instead of SWP. Very tough.

Bare bones.

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:36 - Mar 3 with 549 viewswombat

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:32 - Mar 3 by WestActon

SWP , sorry not one of the haters but he hasn't delivered , confidence is shot to pieces and simply isn't doing it , we need a supply line to Zamora and cisse next week so buzz and Adel must start . Barton and Derry behind to shore things up

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:56 - Mar 3 with 516 viewsHollowayRanger

id go

cisse zamora
taarabt
busaksy derry barton
traore hill ferdiand onhua
kenny

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 19:01 - Mar 3 with 492 viewsMonahoop

I think this was the first time in ages, at least since MH took over that we played like a unit. Shame we didn't win but a point is better than nothing. I don't think anyone had a duff game today, ok mistakes were made but nothing like as regular as recent showings. Was disappointed that we tailed off a bit in the final minutes but overall this has to be something to build on.

Nice also to keep 11 players on the park. Look forward to next week.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 19:03 - Mar 3 with 478 viewswombat

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 18:56 - Mar 3 by HollowayRanger

id go

cisse zamora
taarabt
busaksy derry barton
traore hill ferdiand onhua
kenny

Spot on holloway , we need to keep it tight but still have something for cisse and Zamora to work with that team has the right sort of balance toi it as a starting eleven , if we need to change is bring on diakte mackie smith

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 19:12 - Mar 3 with 445 viewsbosh67

Agree with all of that Charlie. Akos miss was terrible but don't agree with some others that he was bad, I thought he ran most of the game and certainly looked a lot fitter and leaner than he has. Overall the belief was a bit better today. Keeping discipline and 11 men on the park wads a big difference. Thought Zamora led the line well but he does need another player close to him as he was having to wait to bring players into play. Barton was brighter I thought today and actually encouraged players rather than berating them. Adel got tired but he seems a lot more disciplined in his role within the team and really puts in a shift. Derry played very well against a very good Everton midfield and I thought Traore really did well down the left. Hill was absolutely immense. My only concern is Paddy, who really looks like he can't move at the moment, but overall although we are still in the sh*t it was a much brighter and more positive display.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 09:17 - Mar 4 with 255 viewsCharlie1

Team spirit & adel / Barton on 19:12 - Mar 3 by bosh67

Agree with all of that Charlie. Akos miss was terrible but don't agree with some others that he was bad, I thought he ran most of the game and certainly looked a lot fitter and leaner than he has. Overall the belief was a bit better today. Keeping discipline and 11 men on the park wads a big difference. Thought Zamora led the line well but he does need another player close to him as he was having to wait to bring players into play. Barton was brighter I thought today and actually encouraged players rather than berating them. Adel got tired but he seems a lot more disciplined in his role within the team and really puts in a shift. Derry played very well against a very good Everton midfield and I thought Traore really did well down the left. Hill was absolutely immense. My only concern is Paddy, who really looks like he can't move at the moment, but overall although we are still in the sh*t it was a much brighter and more positive display.

Agreed bosh

They've set the benchmark for performances now. Keep that up, we'll win a few. If we don't we lose and be relegated.

Derry in a 3 man midfield in holloways formation won't work. Nor in a 442 per Newcastle and spurs etc away. I think Diakte because Cisse must start with Zamora along with Adel and Akos. We need goals!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024