Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New deal for Andrade 08:56 - Jul 25 with 1265 viewsKevinPR

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2857720,00.html

Strange one or not?
New deal for Andrade on 09:00 - Jul 25 with 1024 viewsjonno

Well he was about the only player last night at Aldershot that looked any good. I know it was only Aldershot, but he had a decent game, looked lively and took on and beat his man then got a decent cross in a few times (played as a wide man last night). Aldershot fans where I was sitting were impressed with him.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
New deal for Andrade on 09:09 - Jul 25 with 1002 viewsElHoop

New deal for Andrade on 09:00 - Jul 25 by jonno

Well he was about the only player last night at Aldershot that looked any good. I know it was only Aldershot, but he had a decent game, looked lively and took on and beat his man then got a decent cross in a few times (played as a wide man last night). Aldershot fans where I was sitting were impressed with him.

He was on loan there last season.
New deal for Andrade on 09:15 - Jul 25 with 965 viewsjonno

Forgot about the keeper, Lennox. Made some excellent saves - it could have been 4-0 quite easily. Looks a prospect.
New deal for Andrade on 09:30 - Jul 25 with 924 viewsnadera78

He's only 18, and probably earning 30k a year. In the scheme of things, you don't lose anything by keeping him around for a bit longer to see how he develops.
New deal for Andrade on 09:32 - Jul 25 with 919 viewsWestbourneR

Yeah but he's clearly never going to make it at Prem level... He'd be better served joining someone like Aldershot premanently.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

New deal for Andrade on 09:51 - Jul 25 with 854 viewsLewes_r

New deal for Andrade on 09:32 - Jul 25 by WestbourneR

Yeah but he's clearly never going to make it at Prem level... He'd be better served joining someone like Aldershot premanently.

Hes prob being kept to see how things go with him and to offer a bit of a bridge of hope between the youth academy and the first team...

Besides he probably only costs 10 joey7barton tweets a year

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

New deal for Andrade on 09:56 - Jul 25 with 832 viewsJamie

New deal for Andrade on 09:32 - Jul 25 by WestbourneR

New deal for Andrade on 10:04 - Jul 25 with 801 viewsadhoc_qpr

Don't really see the point in this.

He'll never make it in the prem and must be what 10th choice winger and 8th choice striker?

Still doesn't really do any harm i guess.
Login to get fewer ads

New deal for Andrade on 10:10 - Jul 25 with 784 viewsichbinnaughty

New deal for Andrade on 10:04 - Jul 25 by adhoc_qpr

Don't really see the point in this.

He'll never make it in the prem and must be what 10th choice winger and 8th choice striker?

Still doesn't really do any harm i guess.

Anyone know if we've still got that young tallitalian goalkeeper that we 'plucked' from the AC Milan youth set up two or three years ago - Tranni was his name I think. 6'5" or something.
He was meant to be very promising.
Good schooling too.
New deal for Andrade on 10:17 - Jul 25 with 765 viewsNorthernr

New deal for Andrade on 10:10 - Jul 25 by ichbinnaughty

Anyone know if we've still got that young tallitalian goalkeeper that we 'plucked' from the AC Milan youth set up two or three years ago - Tranni was his name I think. 6'5" or something.
Good schooling too.

Came on as a sub at Woking. Dropped routine free kick onto striker's boot and conceded.
New deal for Andrade on 10:17 - Jul 25 with 759 viewsJamie

New deal for Andrade on 10:10 - Jul 25 by ichbinnaughty

Good schooling too.

He was second choice keeper behind Gareth Deane.

First choice Deane was released, second choice Trani retained.
New deal for Andrade on 11:02 - Jul 25 with 685 viewsichbinnaughty

New deal for Andrade on 10:17 - Jul 25 by Northernr

Came on as a sub at Woking. Dropped routine free kick onto striker's boot and conceded.

AH.
A career in scouting does not beckon.
New deal for Andrade on 11:11 - Jul 25 with 661 viewsWestbourneR

New deal for Andrade on 09:56 - Jul 25 by Jamie

Jamie! I missed you having a dig, it's been a couple of weeks.

My crystal ball was working well about Hughes vs Warnock amongst many other things. Yours is yet to be right - and it's clearly bothering you.

Not that you need one to know that Bruno Andrade will never be a Premiership player.

Happy to put lots of money on it if you want.

New deal for Andrade on 11:16 - Jul 25 with 644 viewsTacticalR

I saw him in the Football League Youth Alliance Cup Final in 2010, and he was quite good in that match.

Steve Gallen is positive about him in his interview on Open All R's last season (the name of the episode is 'Pride', about 6 minutes in):
http://playbackmedia.co.uk/open-all-rs-archive/

And don't forget the shirt sales in Golborne Road.

Air hostess clique

New deal for Andrade on 11:25 - Jul 25 with 610 viewsdaveB

not sure how anyone can say Bruno will never make it, he's young and did ok when he got a chance last season, well worth keeping on and improving, loan him out and if he's not upto the standard we need then sell him to a league one club such like clubs did to us when we were down there.

There would seem no point in having a youth set up if you don't at least try and develop these kids
New deal for Andrade on 11:30 - Jul 25 with 593 viewsJamie

New deal for Andrade on 11:11 - Jul 25 by WestbourneR

Jamie! I missed you having a dig, it's been a couple of weeks.

My crystal ball was working well about Hughes vs Warnock amongst many other things. Yours is yet to be right - and it's clearly bothering you.

Not that you need one to know that Bruno Andrade will never be a Premiership player.

Happy to put lots of money on it if you want.

Everything is stacked against Andrade making it, as it is all of the young players. However he's only 18 years old and so it's far too early to write him off.
New deal for Andrade on 11:34 - Jul 25 with 585 viewsTacticalR

One further thought...Steve Gallen talks about the young players having their heads turned by agents. When he was talking it struck me how vital it is to have players like Mackie around who've got their feet on the ground and can help the young players.

Air hostess clique

New deal for Andrade on 11:38 - Jul 25 with 574 viewsWestbourneR

It's good for Mackie to be around so players with similar lesser ability can see how far proper application and hard work can get you. It can make up for a lot.

For that reason I guess Bruno does have a small chance but from what I've seen I severely doubt it. The point of the youth team is to create players who are good enough for the first team.

Balanta is the closest we've come in a very long time.

New deal for Andrade on 12:11 - Jul 25 with 514 viewsNorthernr

I've seen little from Andrade to suggest he'll make it at any level of the Football League. When he's been out on loan he's done nothing. I didn't even think he played that well last night, he went past his man once and considering he did the same check inside-check outside and push it past him trick every single time I'm surprised he managed that. Final ball was very poor too.

But, as said, only 18 so maybe half a chance.
New deal for Andrade on 12:12 - Jul 25 with 513 viewswestolian

New deal for Andrade on 11:38 - Jul 25 by WestbourneR

It's good for Mackie to be around so players with similar lesser ability can see how far proper application and hard work can get you. It can make up for a lot.

For that reason I guess Bruno does have a small chance but from what I've seen I severely doubt it. The point of the youth team is to create players who are good enough for the first team.

Balanta is the closest we've come in a very long time.

"The point of the youth team is to create players who are good enough for the first team."

10 Years IMHO

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

New deal for Andrade on 12:30 - Jul 25 with 473 viewsparker64

Saw him against Woking. He looked very lively and looked like he could run all day. Filled in at left back I think too (could be wrong). But his final ball was very poor and I thought he was playing for himself at times. As people say only 18 but I'd be amazed if he played higher than Blue Square South.
New deal for Andrade on 12:34 - Jul 25 with 462 viewsjonno

New deal for Andrade on 12:11 - Jul 25 by Northernr

I've seen little from Andrade to suggest he'll make it at any level of the Football League. When he's been out on loan he's done nothing. I didn't even think he played that well last night, he went past his man once and considering he did the same check inside-check outside and push it past him trick every single time I'm surprised he managed that. Final ball was very poor too.

But, as said, only 18 so maybe half a chance.

That's not quite true. He did get away from his marker a few times and did actually put a couple of decent balls into the box. Not his fault that as usual the QPR trait of having absolutely nobody in the box continued last night. He doesn't appear to have a "trick" but he does have some pace and the ability to get past a defender. Not saying he will make it by any means but there is something there to work with in a decent coaching set up. Good to meet you last night Clive.
New deal for Andrade on 12:40 - Jul 25 with 443 viewsNorthernr

New deal for Andrade on 12:34 - Jul 25 by jonno

That's not quite true. He did get away from his marker a few times and did actually put a couple of decent balls into the box. Not his fault that as usual the QPR trait of having absolutely nobody in the box continued last night. He doesn't appear to have a "trick" but he does have some pace and the ability to get past a defender. Not saying he will make it by any means but there is something there to work with in a decent coaching set up. Good to meet you last night Clive.

And you mate. Lovely night for it!
New deal for Andrade on 12:46 - Jul 25 with 419 viewsjonno

New deal for Andrade on 12:40 - Jul 25 by Northernr

And you mate. Lovely night for it!

Yeah, in that heat I'd rather be watching than playing, that's for sure!
New deal for Andrade on 12:50 - Jul 25 with 409 viewsElHoop

New deal for Andrade on 12:12 - Jul 25 by westolian

"The point of the youth team is to create players who are good enough for the first team."

10 Years IMHO

The problem with any youth set up is the way that the standard has improved with the number of overseas players on board now. Back in the 1970's we produced a lot of good youth players who made the first team, but how many of those would be Premier League players now? They would have to compete with the best young prospects from all over the world.

If we rebuild our youth set up and expect to produce loads of Premier League quality British youngsters then we might be disappointed. Invariably many of them will only be Football League standard at best and it will be a question of trying to sell them off to pay some of the bills and hope that one or two others come through that are genuine top class. But it won't be easy - much harder than it was 40 years ago when there were probably more good British kids to choose from in the first place.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024