Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony just now on twitter 17:11 - Dec 29 with 4836 viewsrichranger

Tony Fernandes ‏@tonyfernandes 1m
We got a great squad. Dominated play today. We don't need to do much business. Maybe one player. Just for the record.

hmmmmmmm...
Tony just now on twitter on 17:13 - Dec 29 with 2844 viewsrichranger

and another...

Tony Fernandes ‏@tonyfernandes 1m
22 games. Lots of points there. Ps look at the other relegated sides. Rather be in our position. We ain't hit top form yet. Lots to come.
Tony just now on twitter on 17:13 - Dec 29 with 2831 viewsWeaverQPR

We will end up with Harry Kane on loan................

@WeavQPR

Tony just now on twitter on 17:13 - Dec 29 with 2814 viewsSpiritofGregory

Sorry Tony you are deluded if you think we have a great squad. The only quality player is Austin.

Harry wasted £4.5m on Philips.
Tony just now on twitter on 17:17 - Dec 29 with 2757 viewskropotkin41

Tony just now on twitter on 17:13 - Dec 29 by SpiritofGregory

Sorry Tony you are deluded if you think we have a great squad. The only quality player is Austin.

Harry wasted £4.5m on Philips.

Now that is rubbish. The squad is easily good enough for the Championship.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Tony just now on twitter on 17:19 - Dec 29 with 2716 viewsessextaxiboy

Tony just now on twitter on 17:17 - Dec 29 by kropotkin41

I was going to post that but could hardly be bothered . All of our team today would walk into any other Championship side.
Tony just now on twitter on 17:19 - Dec 29 with 2716 viewsRblockPrior

money is an issue no doubt about it, u look at the wages of the strikers we have on the books and its crazy. So to get another player adding to the wages when we are not guarenteed promotion is something that is putting Tony off imo.
We need another loan signing in Jan like Routledge was for us
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 17:20]

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Tony just now on twitter on 17:19 - Dec 29 with 2705 viewsGetMeRangers

Precisely. The problem is the lack of fit strikers, but everyone knew that at the beginning of the season. Averaging nearly 2 points a game and still auto form even if we arent sitting top2 atm
Tony just now on twitter on 17:20 - Dec 29 with 2691 viewsessextaxiboy

Tony just now on twitter on 17:19 - Dec 29 by RblockPrior

money is an issue no doubt about it, u look at the wages of the strikers we have on the books and its crazy. So to get another player adding to the wages when we are not guarenteed promotion is something that is putting Tony off imo.
We need another loan signing in Jan like Routledge was for us
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 17:20]

We can sell in january as well as buy.
Login to get fewer ads

Tony just now on twitter on 17:20 - Dec 29 with 2673 viewsSpiritofGregory

Not to win promotion. The players lack desire, they don't understand that you have to earn the right to play and you need courage to make things happen.The majority are overpaid prima donnas.

All we do is pass sideways and backwards - gutless.
Tony just now on twitter on 17:29 - Dec 29 with 2577 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Maybe he is playing the media, dont go saying we have a big budget. Maybe he genuinely doesnt want us to buy anyone or take more loans. Maybe he thinks we should be playing better than we are with the talent we already have. Maybe he is drunk. Maybe it is his assistant posting pesky messages. Maybe blah blah blah.
Tony just now on twitter on 17:31 - Dec 29 with 2547 viewsQPR442

Agree I tried to say that the other night.
We do have some spoilt supporters who can't seem to remember where we were a few years back.
We have proved that we can go from top to fourth in 2 weeks, but we can also go back with the right results. Still plenty of games to go and some of our fans need to stop moaning because we can't win 5-0 every week.
Tony just now on twitter on 17:32 - Dec 29 with 2537 viewsAntti_Heinola

Tony just now on twitter on 17:19 - Dec 29 by GetMeRangers

Precisely. The problem is the lack of fit strikers, but everyone knew that at the beginning of the season. Averaging nearly 2 points a game and still auto form even if we arent sitting top2 atm

That's naive, sorry. Yes, we do have a lack of strikers, but our all round play has been timid and ponderous all season. Even in games where we have been clearly better, eg Charlton, we have totally failed to exert our authority and show strength going forward as a unit. That's down to coaching and tactics, not just players.

Bare bones.

Tony just now on twitter on 17:34 - Dec 29 with 2515 viewsDesertBoot

Fell into a slumber as it was too easy. Now we just cannot wake up

Wish I could be like David Watts

Tony just now on twitter on 17:34 - Dec 29 with 2509 viewsisawqpratwcity

I could live with TF only buying one player, as long as its a seriously decent striker.

Mind you, I'd love Fulham to stamp 'Return to Sender' on Adel Taarabt's forehead.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Tony just now on twitter on 17:34 - Dec 29 with 2509 viewsGetMeRangers

Tony just now on twitter on 17:29 - Dec 29 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Maybe he is playing the media, dont go saying we have a big budget. Maybe he genuinely doesnt want us to buy anyone or take more loans. Maybe he thinks we should be playing better than we are with the talent we already have. Maybe he is drunk. Maybe it is his assistant posting pesky messages. Maybe blah blah blah.

maybe he is genuinely happy to have 43 points and sit just off top spot after first half of the season, given what he had to endure last season?

Also, if there are those who think that the squad isnt that good, then surely they should be happy a "crap" squad has managed to get to this position with a transfer window opening?
Tony just now on twitter on 17:35 - Dec 29 with 2495 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tony just now on twitter on 17:19 - Dec 29 by essextaxiboy

I was going to post that but could hardly be bothered . All of our team today would walk into any other Championship side.

Not teams in the top six. They don't have or want any prima donnas. It's a team game, there is no room for wingers such as Hoilett who is on 50k a week and thinks its beneath him to run to the byline and cross the ball.

When Harry signed Benayoun we all moaned and with good reason because we didn't think that he'd bring anything to the team. We need a tough/creative box to box central midfielder who scores goals, Harry signs Benayou on loan - that's sheer laziness from Harry. Tell me what does that skinny runt bring to the team? He is only here for the money.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 17:41]
Tony just now on twitter on 17:38 - Dec 29 with 2461 viewsRblockPrior

Tony just now on twitter on 17:35 - Dec 29 by SpiritofGregory

Not teams in the top six. They don't have or want any prima donnas. It's a team game, there is no room for wingers such as Hoilett who is on 50k a week and thinks its beneath him to run to the byline and cross the ball.

When Harry signed Benayoun we all moaned and with good reason because we didn't think that he'd bring anything to the team. We need a tough/creative box to box central midfielder who scores goals, Harry signs Benayou on loan - that's sheer laziness from Harry. Tell me what does that skinny runt bring to the team? He is only here for the money.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2013 17:41]

problem is the longer it goes on confidence will continue to drop and we all know what happens then! A large win against Donny is important, few dif goalscorers2

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Tony just now on twitter on 17:39 - Dec 29 with 2448 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tony just now on twitter on 17:34 - Dec 29 by GetMeRangers

maybe he is genuinely happy to have 43 points and sit just off top spot after first half of the season, given what he had to endure last season?

Also, if there are those who think that the squad isnt that good, then surely they should be happy a "crap" squad has managed to get to this position with a transfer window opening?

We are extremely fortunate to be where we are. I can only remember one game when we won convincinly and that was against Middlesbrough.

The fixture list has been very kind to us.
Tony just now on twitter on 17:39 - Dec 29 with 2449 viewsJamie

Presumably the one player is Falcao.
Tony just now on twitter on 17:43 - Dec 29 with 2391 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Tony just now on twitter on 17:34 - Dec 29 by GetMeRangers

Personally, I feared we would drop like a lead balloon, im chuffed with where we are, on the face of it youd be a spoilt s4it not to be happy. The thing is, going to most of the games, i think we're very lucky to be where we are and all too often i think we are riding that luck. We have some quality players but i also think we have some luxory players and we need grafters and youngsters keen to impress, imho. Id take us continuing as we are if i had the guarantee we'd stumble on over the finish line and get our act together next season, but I dont have that guarantee so i continue to be petrified every time the oposition come near our goal, I continue to wonder where the goals will come from if Austin is out/off form and our defense while performing brilliantly is only an injury or two away from disaster.

But yes im well chuffed with where we are, especially because of the above.
Tony just now on twitter on 17:49 - Dec 29 with 2353 viewsSpiritofGregory

Tony just now on twitter on 17:19 - Dec 29 by GetMeRangers

How are strikers going to score with midfielders who just pass the ball sideways and backwards? Strikers need supply. It's a miracle that Charlie has scored 11, it's down to sheer desire and determination.
Tony just now on twitter on 17:53 - Dec 29 with 2318 viewsloftboy

Tony just now on twitter on 17:39 - Dec 29 by SpiritofGregory

We are extremely fortunate to be where we are. I can only remember one game when we won convincinly and that was against Middlesbrough.

The fixture list has been very kind to us.

?? Fixture list has been kind! We've played every team once.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Tony just now on twitter on 17:54 - Dec 29 with 2302 viewsactonman

i dont think anybody really wants another circus outside LR on deadline day and this team is more than capable if getting promotion.

There does need a serious kick up the rrss somewhere though and the need for another striker as i can still hear the fullham fans pssing their pants after we nicked their strikeforce.
Tony just now on twitter on 17:54 - Dec 29 with 2286 viewsSpiritofGregory

Why was Harry allowed to send Hitchcock on loan? We actually have a young, hungry striker at the club who is itching to play and do well for Rangers yet he is on loan at Crewe. He's scored 3 in 5 games and assisted in their other goals.

Expect fireworks between Harry and the board if Fernandes is only planning to sign one player.
Tony just now on twitter on 17:55 - Dec 29 with 2278 viewsstansleftfoot

I'd tend to agree with TF but I suspect that not only are we missing a Striker but also a real live kicking and spitting creative dynamo.
Harry can produce any combination of 451 sides and add a striker to go 442 or even 352 with what we have got. They are all good footballers, even Hoilet is if he is deployed properly.
The problem is that they all produce the same characteristic, 60% possession, no movement, no chances and no concerted pressure. We need, as all good teams do, to create that doubt in the opposition sides mentally. All the teams we play grow into the game, we never close them out. We've watched 300 minutes of QPR this Christmas with the increasing knowledge that QPR won't score and that they won't make enough chances, so do the teams we play.
We need something and I'm going to call it 'will' and it's a characteristic players like Holloway, Wilkins, Venables, Sinton, Thomas, Rowlands, Bowles. They played the way they wanted and stood proud with whatever level of skill they possessed and stamped their authority on a game.....we don't have anybody who does that...they just look like they are passing the ball around for no real purpose until something happens...Kranjcar just disappeared today...after a couple of hopeful touch's....it's just not enough...find us both a striker who can take a chance by all means but I'd prefer a central midfield player who grabs the game by it's throat and throttles it with his will and strength of character by taking responsibility for the sides performance. Nobody is stepping up to the plate, they are doing their tricks, and turns, short, long but to what purpose. I'm encouraged by Phillips, he's taking the responsibility and trusting in himself....that's the spirit....TF go buy us some of the Right Stuff or just loan us one in for the rest of the season, we are very close but we will very quickly fall way....
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024