Please log in to use all the site's facilities
|Bus Stop Brentford |
at 05:13 29 Jan 2020
Just caught up with Clive's 'angry-as-hell-and-not-going-to-take-it-anymore' preview of the Blackburn game in which he correctly skewers Rangers and Warburton for the daft team selection for the 4th Round cuptie.
Even worse for Brentford who put out a piss-poor Second Eleven for their big cup game at home against Leicester and went down lamely 1-0. And then all the players rested for the promotion push game Tuesday night against Forest lose 1-0. That worked out well! Can see squad rotation machinations might be in order for too-good-for-us Liverpool and Man City. Bees and Rs not so much.
|Listening note - Leeds, Grealish and WSL|
at 01:44 21 Jan 2020
QPR fan, journalist and friend of LFW Flo Lloyd-Hughes has some interesting things to say on latest Guardian Football Weekly podcast. About 42 minutes in, opines on Leeds meltdown. Earlier, explains why many of us do not like Jack Grealish and also has a very good riff on WSL latest. Worth a listen.
|QPR PLUS AND MINUSES|
at 03:31 4 Aug 2019
Some thoughts on the Stoke game from someone watching overseas on QPR +...
Very noticeable that Lumley hit it long on many occasions and Nick London caught in the commentary Warburton telling the keeper to do that from the sideline. Great relief that the great McClaren Error of fancy-dan faffing around at the back was not in evidence. More light shed on this by the new manager in his post-match interview on Five Live which I repeat here as it was interesting stuff.
Andy Reid: "You love to play out from the back. Is it all systems go with that again at QPR, is it playing out from the back and wanting that good brand of football which is such a joy to watch?".
Mark Warburton: "I like players who love having the football, who can dominate a football. I really enjoy watching that and I think so do the supporters but I think we have to be practical as well. We knew that Stoke would come and try and press us high and hard early in the game. So, by-pass it. We went long from Joe Lumley to Jordan (Hugill). Did a great job, we've got one who`s beyond him, and posed a real threat and we got the early goal. So, we have to be practical, be sensible. When we can play, go and play and have players enjoying that. But, when it's right to go long, have no fear of doing so."
TARGET MAN: Hugill was big, strong and mobile. And had skill to lay it off. Goal showed good penalty box awareness.
FAST WINGER: great display from BOS. Gave Rangers real width a la Dave Thomas, Trevor Sinclair and the two Andys, Impey and Sinton.
THE BOSS: our midfielder was Born In The USA and bossed midfield. Cameron picked up where he left off last season.
KEEPER BRAIN-STORM: Lumley had a good game but nearly cost Rangers two points in injury time with his second of madness rushing off the line to flap at a free kick. Missed it by miles. He wasn't punished for his mistake, Stoke England goalie Butland was not so lucky in the first half with his rush off the line.
LATE GOAL: as many have said, the late substitutions did not work and Rangers were less than stellar game managers in the last quarter of the game. Amos tired, it seemed to me, and that's why he was hooked. Another day, Stoke get an undeserved draw. Clean sheets remain important.
REFEREE COMPLAINING: Nick London has a running theme of grievance against Referees and started the season in fine moaning form. Yes, Championship refs are often crap as carefully noted by Clive W and the ref on Saturday was a `homer` and should have been consistent enough to book their players in the first half which finished 3 yellow cards to nil in QPR's favour. But let's not overdo it and encourage the lazy sort of cheap seats barracking which is one of the more annoying aspects of fan behaviour. Especially if you have a microphone.
Bring on Huddersfield at Loftus Road.
|Prediction||Prediction Logged by at 01:48:31|
Stoke City v Queens Park Rangers prediction logged
|Crazy transfer market|
at 03:39 9 Jul 2019
Item from BBC Sport: Aston Villa have made a £7m bid for Burnley's unsettled England goalkeeper Tom Heaton, 33. (Sun)
Just goes to show how ridiculous and unbalanced prices are and puts Luke Freeman transfer fee in context. Not right, but the way it is.
at 01:49 10 Mar 2019
Maybe despair is not necessary following the appalling draw with Stoke. Yes, Rangers should have won against 10 men for 80 minutes and the refusal of McLaren to bring on Eze was baffling and damaging. Bringing on Shodipo was like the buy-a-ticket-to-win-the-lottery approach of Holloway. If your playmaker is Scowen, then you`re in trouble.
BUT...let's be realistic, to stop the plummet down the table, we have to stop digging our hole deeper and deeper. You could argue we did that and that any kind of result that was not a loss was going in the right direction. We were rock bottom of the form table and now we have four points from the last nine and two clean sheets in three games. It IS clutching at straws but that is where we are: we're crap and we know it.
Many posters on here appear to hold two contradictory beliefs: 1) we're crap, 2) we should be doing much better. Well 1) answers 2). We are still doing around the same as sorry Stoke who have much better players. And I hope we stuff Rotherham as the feisty American makes a triumphant return to action, but (more heresy) a draw would not be a bad result as it would keep the 10 point gap with them. Remember, we're crap.
|Instant and Random Impressions...|
at 19:56 22 Sep 2018
...based on watching ESPN + feed in United States.
1) QPR never looked right all night.
2) Dire first half. A Rainy Night in Georgia more interesting than A Rainy Night in Shepherd's Bush.
3) Steven McLaren was late out of the tunnel onto the sideline at both start of first and second half. Shook hands with Norwich manager hurriedly AFTER kick-off at beginning of game. What's he doing back under the stand? Last trip to loo? Calling his Mum?
4) David Moyes was in the crowd. What was he doing there?
5) Leitner for Norwich, Leistner for Rangers. Confusingly German.
6) Why no Kakay?
7) Norwich had 72 percent possession in first half but did little with it. Finished with pitiful 65 percent for game.
8) Eze looked tired, Freeman mostly disappointing except for a rasping shot towards the end.
9) Our first corner came on 79 minutes and wasted with crap short corner routine. Second and last corner on 86, whipped in and caused scramble that saw Luongo pushed with decent shout for Pen.
10) Enjoyable sweeper/keeper header by Lumley in second half.
11) Did my eyes deceive me or was BFG wearing pink boots? Confident, if so.
12) The Finnish striker Pukki (pronounced POOKIE) could finish with his chest for goal. Deflection on cross to him made it slightly lucky.
13) Farke-ing hell, their manager looks strange.
14) Norwich vastly improved from Maddison led team we saw at Loftus Road at the end of last season.
15) Bapiste is a real trier. Got a face block on a Norwich shot from Cantwell.
16) The previous 4/5 games, we have had better players than the other team. More even tonight and our players radically underperformed. Also Farke won the tactical battle with McLaren.
17) Wells looks fitter than Hemed.
18) The Sky Sports curse returns.
|Los Angeles Alert!|
at 04:01 16 Sep 2018
Geezer wearing QPR Guinness shirt just shown on TV in LA area watching Carlos Vela and LAFC v New England Revolution. By corner flag at Banc of California Stadium.
Is he a Southern California Hoops fan or an exiled Brit?
James (Rangers fan since '72) who now lives in the fine LA County city of Duarte.
|Forum Votes: ||24|
|Comment Votes: ||1|
|Prediction League: ||0|