Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We got it wrong 17:10 - Nov 29 with 8050 views442Dale

They were there to be got at first half, a defence that looked unsteady with the ball at their feet and susceptible to teams passing it in a around them. Except we didn't do it enough. Midfield was a bit of a mystery, it looked like a diamond, but one which players were unsure of their roles in - RNL especially. Did he play there v MK Dons too?

Without wanting to start yet another debate, the stats and games like illustrate why we need Hery from the start at home. Got to make the opposition think and neither Lund or Dawson did that, and their unsteady defence wouldn't have grown in confidence like they did if those questions would have been asked more often with the Frenchman in the side.

Oldham deserved the win because they produced a good away display, nothing special but effective winners.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

We got it wrong on 17:14 - Nov 29 with 4134 viewsJimmyRustler

Hery > Lund
We got it wrong on 17:15 - Nov 29 with 4104 viewsTommoRAFC

Sent out the wrong message not starting hery. As we did starting second half without hery. And declared like usual when we put Andrew on. Another bad day at the office for Dale and Hill tactically.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

We got it wrong on 17:15 - Nov 29 with 4102 views442Dale

We got it wrong on 17:14 - Nov 29 by JimmyRustler

Hery > Lund

This season, yes.

We got it wrong on 17:17 - Nov 29 with 4056 viewsYouTubeDale

A few people around me said their first goal was offside, if not, they certainly got the rub of the green when it came off Logan straight into the path of Johnson. The penalty decision was wrong from my perspective, our defender looked to get a good tackle in. How did it look from the Pearl Street? The third goal had an unlucky bounce off O'Connell and they capitalised on it.

I thought they got the rub of the green today. Hard fought but no better than us.

Looked like the crowd were getting feisty. Hope nobody's hurt.

We lost the battle but I think we will win the war.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 17:19]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

We got it wrong on 17:22 - Nov 29 with 3991 viewsdalenumber2

Looked like an obvious dive to me for the penalty and it was right in front of me. According to a Latics fanI know who was in the Willbutts , the trouble near the Pearl Street started when a steward beat a female Oldham fan.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 17:23]
We got it wrong on 17:23 - Nov 29 with 3975 views442Dale

We got it wrong on 17:17 - Nov 29 by YouTubeDale

A few people around me said their first goal was offside, if not, they certainly got the rub of the green when it came off Logan straight into the path of Johnson. The penalty decision was wrong from my perspective, our defender looked to get a good tackle in. How did it look from the Pearl Street? The third goal had an unlucky bounce off O'Connell and they capitalised on it.

I thought they got the rub of the green today. Hard fought but no better than us.

Looked like the crowd were getting feisty. Hope nobody's hurt.

We lost the battle but I think we will win the war.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 17:19]

First just looked like they cut us open too easily, second was a shirt pull but he went down far too easily - looked straight to the linesman for the flag and it was forthcoming. Third was another example of making a good situation into a goal, something we never did to even work their keeper.

We got it wrong on 17:28 - Nov 29 with 3882 viewsnordenblue

We got it wrong on 17:22 - Nov 29 by dalenumber2

Looked like an obvious dive to me for the penalty and it was right in front of me. According to a Latics fanI know who was in the Willbutts , the trouble near the Pearl Street started when a steward beat a female Oldham fan.

The female fan on the floor was with a rochdale fan who ive seen a good few times so id guess she's from rochdale and not oldham
Onto the game and god only knows why Hilly leaves it so so late to make any changes when it was ridiculously obvious things weren't working, waiting till their second went in is nothing short of stunning
[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 17:31]
We got it wrong on 17:37 - Nov 29 with 3788 viewsMancDale

Poor result and poor game all round. They had 3 chances and scored all three. We created pretty much nothing which has been the case in a lot of home games. Said at the start of the season 5th bottom would be a success and still believe that. Really haven't played well in a while now. Truly embarrassing behaviour from their number 3 and some of their fans but overall they deserved the win.
Login to get fewer ads

We got it wrong on 17:38 - Nov 29 with 3769 viewschuckleberry

We got it wrong on 17:22 - Nov 29 by dalenumber2

Female Dale fan injured when eejit Oldham fans ran from the Pearl Street to the Willbuts.
We got it wrong on 17:43 - Nov 29 with 3702 viewsD_Alien

Have to disagree with the most of the above

Latics were a class above us. it was like last week against Donny all over again, except Latics were even better

They were good value for 0-3 and we carried virtually no threat. The only point I'm in agreement with is the one concerning Hery (surprise surprise)

Our midfield had absolutely zero creativity. Lund isn't looking like a L1 player for my money, which is a shame because I thought he'd be one of our brighter stars this year.

No complaints about the penalty either. It looked a bit soft but a foul nevertheless.

Did we get it wrong? Or are we simply being found out? I left the ground firmly of the conclusion it was the latter.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We got it wrong on 17:45 - Nov 29 with 3670 views1mark1

Poor performance, poor team selection, and we made Oldham look better than they really are, and they easily deserved the win by a 3 goal margin.

I don't give a damn if Hill has fallen out with any player, or what other reason, he simply should play the best team of 11 players who are available from the start, especially against one of our play off rivals, in an important derby game, and have the best available match day squad.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

We got it wrong on 17:48 - Nov 29 with 3639 views442Dale

We got it wrong on 17:43 - Nov 29 by D_Alien

Have to disagree with the most of the above

Latics were a class above us. it was like last week against Donny all over again, except Latics were even better

They were good value for 0-3 and we carried virtually no threat. The only point I'm in agreement with is the one concerning Hery (surprise surprise)

Our midfield had absolutely zero creativity. Lund isn't looking like a L1 player for my money, which is a shame because I thought he'd be one of our brighter stars this year.

No complaints about the penalty either. It looked a bit soft but a foul nevertheless.

Did we get it wrong? Or are we simply being found out? I left the ground firmly of the conclusion it was the latter.

But if we are starting to get found out then we have to use those players who are a bit more difficult to plan for.

Though I know you agree with that!

We got it wrong on 17:55 - Nov 29 with 3589 viewsMancDale

We got it wrong on 17:48 - Nov 29 by 442Dale

But if we are starting to get found out then we have to use those players who are a bit more difficult to plan for.

Though I know you agree with that!

I'm a fan of Hery but think people are building him up to be much better than he is. Seem to remember people saying the same things about tutte a few seasons back. A much bigger miss is Vincenti who is absolutely crucial to how we play with our more direct style this season. Always happy to see Hery play but he's a long way from being the finished article.
We got it wrong on 17:59 - Nov 29 with 3541 viewsD_Alien

We got it wrong on 17:55 - Nov 29 by MancDale

I'm a fan of Hery but think people are building him up to be much better than he is. Seem to remember people saying the same things about tutte a few seasons back. A much bigger miss is Vincenti who is absolutely crucial to how we play with our more direct style this season. Always happy to see Hery play but he's a long way from being the finished article.

No-ones bigging him up, and no-one thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced french bread, but come on MancDale (and welcome back btw), our midfield was crying out for someone capable of running at the opposition with some degree of confidence - just posing a threat instead of passing back for Logan to boot forward.

And how is Hery supposed to progress if he doesn't get picked?

We got it wrong on 18:04 - Nov 29 with 3515 viewsMoonyDale

We got it wrong on 17:59 - Nov 29 by D_Alien

No-ones bigging him up, and no-one thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced french bread, but come on MancDale (and welcome back btw), our midfield was crying out for someone capable of running at the opposition with some degree of confidence - just posing a threat instead of passing back for Logan to boot forward.

Have to agree, Hery gives creativity and an attacking option that was missing today. we were outfought in the first half and looked leg weary throughout. Kenny didn't have a shot to save in anger and we were simply awful again. Thought Donny were a much better side that Oldham though and although they had done their homework on us we never looked like getting anything. How Andrew gets the nod in front of Hery I will never understand....Baffled.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

We got it wrong on 18:06 - Nov 29 with 3491 viewsMancDale

We got it wrong on 17:59 - Nov 29 by D_Alien

Yeah you might be right. He's certainly a lot better than Tutte ever was! Hopefully he'll start next week and have a stormer. Just think the midfield we picked today should have been plenty good enough to get the result although the evidence proved otherwise.
We got it wrong on 18:12 - Nov 29 with 3411 viewsfrenzied

same as last sat..well beaten altho 3 nil flattered them..we had no penetration up front .we still persist with the big hoof up front by Logan..no point in beratting the players as Hill said in his post match interview..onward to Aldershot next sun
We got it wrong on 18:14 - Nov 29 with 3369 viewsYouTubeDale

We got it wrong on 17:23 - Nov 29 by 442Dale

First just looked like they cut us open too easily, second was a shirt pull but he went down far too easily - looked straight to the linesman for the flag and it was forthcoming. Third was another example of making a good situation into a goal, something we never did to even work their keeper.

The linesman seemed pretty certain I did see that. I didn't see a shirt pull, but what a silly thing to do in the penalty box. A schoolboy error then.

Again, all that hard work and a basic mistake puts it to waste.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

We got it wrong on 18:15 - Nov 29 with 3365 viewsD_Alien

We got it wrong on 18:12 - Nov 29 by frenzied

same as last sat..well beaten altho 3 nil flattered them..we had no penetration up front .we still persist with the big hoof up front by Logan..no point in beratting the players as Hill said in his post match interview..onward to Aldershot next sun

I agree about not being too hard on the players, who after all have got us into the position we're in.

Not sure why you think 0-3 flattered them though. There are times when the only honest thing to do is say well done to the opposition. They quite simply thrashed us. And I really don't think I'm exaggerating there.

[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 18:17]

We got it wrong on 18:31 - Nov 29 with 3200 viewsRotherhamDale

For me, it doesn't matter who we play in midfield if we persist with the diamond when we play at home. We're constantly outnumbered, especially when we have no real outlet up front.

The direct approach is perfect playing away when the opposition is pushed up, but we have to be cuter at home and it doesn't seem to be happening.

Possession with progression.

We got it wrong on 18:45 - Nov 29 with 3110 viewsTalkingSutty

We got it wrong on 18:15 - Nov 29 by D_Alien

I agree about not being too hard on the players, who after all have got us into the position we're in.

Not sure why you think 0-3 flattered them though. There are times when the only honest thing to do is say well done to the opposition. They quite simply thrashed us. And I really don't think I'm exaggerating there.

[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 18:17]

The alarm bell sounded for me prior to the game when Hiily stated on a Radio Manchester interview that he didn't view the game as a local derby,I didn't understand that. Once the game started it seemed our players where of the same view because Oldham wanted that game more than us.

We played some pretty football along our back line which obviously caused Oldham no concern at all and that's where the football ended. To many times the full backs and midfield seemed reluctant to run at the defence and commit defenders. It was safer to kick it back to Logan who then launched the ball to nobody in particular.

Nothing at all up front and Muldoons decision making and general fitness looked poor, in fact the body language of quite a few of our players looked pretty poor I thought. The players looked frightened to express themselves and looked for the safe option all the time. Did we create one clear cut chance during the whole of the game? I can't remember one.

Yes, it's a negative post but I can't think of anything positive to say. Hilly commented on the radio after the game that he thought we played quite well and thought the referees decision not to give us a second half nailed on penalty was the turning point. If we played quite well today then I must have been watching a different game during the last 40 years.

Pick the best players in their best position because the players look confused and are getting in the way of each other,are they being baffled with science?
[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 18:51]
We got it wrong on 18:54 - Nov 29 with 3049 views442Dale

We got it wrong on 18:45 - Nov 29 by TalkingSutty

The alarm bell sounded for me prior to the game when Hiily stated on a Radio Manchester interview that he didn't view the game as a local derby,I didn't understand that. Once the game started it seemed our players where of the same view because Oldham wanted that game more than us.

We played some pretty football along our back line which obviously caused Oldham no concern at all and that's where the football ended. To many times the full backs and midfield seemed reluctant to run at the defence and commit defenders. It was safer to kick it back to Logan who then launched the ball to nobody in particular.

Nothing at all up front and Muldoons decision making and general fitness looked poor, in fact the body language of quite a few of our players looked pretty poor I thought. The players looked frightened to express themselves and looked for the safe option all the time. Did we create one clear cut chance during the whole of the game? I can't remember one.

Yes, it's a negative post but I can't think of anything positive to say. Hilly commented on the radio after the game that he thought we played quite well and thought the referees decision not to give us a second half nailed on penalty was the turning point. If we played quite well today then I must have been watching a different game during the last 40 years.

Pick the best players in their best position because the players look confused and are getting in the way of each other,are they being baffled with science?
[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 18:51]

On that YouTube interview yesterday he was talking about derbies and including Preston! Give up trying to work out his interviews now. Some knowledgable sorts pointed to the possible involvement of Dawson despite the interview mentioning how he probably shouldnt have started against MKDons and then a calf problem probably keeping him out for a week or two. It even touched upon other players coming in and making an impact, though that didn't happen either.

We got it wrong on 18:59 - Nov 29 with 3020 viewsTalkingSutty

We got it wrong on 18:54 - Nov 29 by 442Dale

On that YouTube interview yesterday he was talking about derbies and including Preston! Give up trying to work out his interviews now. Some knowledgable sorts pointed to the possible involvement of Dawson despite the interview mentioning how he probably shouldnt have started against MKDons and then a calf problem probably keeping him out for a week or two. It even touched upon other players coming in and making an impact, though that didn't happen either.

I have managed to find one positive from today's performance and that was Jamie Allens performance, he stuck out like a sore thumb for us today and was busy throughout. Very good player,who is getting better and better.
We got it wrong on 19:09 - Nov 29 with 2979 views442Dale

We got it wrong on 18:59 - Nov 29 by TalkingSutty

I have managed to find one positive from today's performance and that was Jamie Allens performance, he stuck out like a sore thumb for us today and was busy throughout. Very good player,who is getting better and better.

Yeah, and I actually think we restrict him a bit by not playing with width. He looks even more effective with Hery too as the pair of them are always looking to give the other an angle for a pass; we progress up the pitch much quicker with them in tandem.

We got it wrong on 19:21 - Nov 29 with 2923 viewsArthurDaley

We got it wrong on 17:28 - Nov 29 by nordenblue

The female fan on the floor was with a rochdale fan who ive seen a good few times so id guess she's from rochdale and not oldham
Onto the game and god only knows why Hilly leaves it so so late to make any changes when it was ridiculously obvious things weren't working, waiting till their second went in is nothing short of stunning
[Post edited 29 Nov 2014 17:31]

The lad with the girl is called Sean, A mate of Tazzys. Might get what happened when Taz comes on. I didn't see what happened but Sean was really upset about what happened, it took a couple of stewards to calm him down.

A large VAT Dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024