Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ready made replacements and other lies 16:44 - Feb 14 with 8723 viewsThacks_Rabbits

We have no replacement for Done, never had to start with and its the usual tripe we are fed. In possibly best ever position to get to the championship we will ever have, we flog our best player, to a rival, who then proceeds to score 2 in 2 (so far).

The ground saga has dragged on for months, just another distraction to stop us questioning the ambition of the club. No real news and we continue to do things like forget to put the covers on. I heard a rumour that the Commercial Manager job has been offered to someone linked to the council - No qualifications at all but he turned it down. Not saying thats gospel but I can believe it.

I applied for the job and sent C.V. but decided not to proceed , when I got a clear copy and paste Email that asked me things that I had already stated in my C.V.

Its no wonder we are failing to attract crowds and decent staff, things here are getting beyond a joke, wonder who is accountable.

Good luck to Matt Done - 3 in 2 now - he has joined a club that will match his ambition. I would take 20th in table right now!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ready made replacements and other lies on 16:58 - Feb 14 with 5203 viewsD_Alien

Massive couple of home games next week - Chesterfield and Sheff Utd, followed by Bris City away. I'd take 3 pts from those games now. Lose all three and we're in deep shit.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ready made replacements and other lies on 17:01 - Feb 14 with 5165 viewsinthenet

good post

Rastrickblue

Ready made replacements and other lies on 17:03 - Feb 14 with 5139 viewsalex_roch39

I know people will say that we're punching above our weight as it is, but it's just so frustrating when we're left wondering about what might have been. I just hope that we can stop the rot, or else we'll be drawn in to a relegation scrap.
Ready made replacements and other lies on 17:31 - Feb 14 with 5010 viewsalderleydale

Fantastic post Thacks....Spot on
Ready made replacements and other lies on 17:36 - Feb 14 with 4955 viewsNewbury_Dale

"Team Rochdale" only when it suits.
Ready made replacements and other lies on 19:03 - Feb 14 with 4732 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ready made replacements and other lies on 17:36 - Feb 14 by Newbury_Dale

"Team Rochdale" only when it suits.

The board are amazingly good in general at keeping the club going, but they are even better at using spin to placate those that feel unease and discontent at goings on. I am sure K.H. is involved in this as well.

I am not being overcritical of the board tbh as in general they do a fantastic job - but they are all clever, savey, business men who know how to use media and twist things to suit.

e.g. Matt Done wanted to go - so what - he is employed by us and we could have kept him if we wished - look at those pricks in MK - they get 5 million and get the player back, we basically sell our best player to a club - I think had we secured a play off place and were able to sell that to Sheffield United we would have as well!!!

Why dont they just say they offered loads of cash and we care more about that than challenging to go up, which we probably won't as we get really bad crowds and Hilly wants to build for the future and promote within, so selling Matty is a great chance to bed in a youngster who we will be able to sell in the future, to secure the club financially.

Any odds in 2 years we are selling Jamie Allen in order to provide more funds for the potential purchase of the Shares :)

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Ready made replacements and other lies on 19:19 - Feb 14 with 4671 viewsSuddenLad

Ready made replacements and other lies on 19:03 - Feb 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

The board are amazingly good in general at keeping the club going, but they are even better at using spin to placate those that feel unease and discontent at goings on. I am sure K.H. is involved in this as well.

I am not being overcritical of the board tbh as in general they do a fantastic job - but they are all clever, savey, business men who know how to use media and twist things to suit.

e.g. Matt Done wanted to go - so what - he is employed by us and we could have kept him if we wished - look at those pricks in MK - they get 5 million and get the player back, we basically sell our best player to a club - I think had we secured a play off place and were able to sell that to Sheffield United we would have as well!!!

Why dont they just say they offered loads of cash and we care more about that than challenging to go up, which we probably won't as we get really bad crowds and Hilly wants to build for the future and promote within, so selling Matty is a great chance to bed in a youngster who we will be able to sell in the future, to secure the club financially.

Any odds in 2 years we are selling Jamie Allen in order to provide more funds for the potential purchase of the Shares :)

If we had crowds of 20,000 plus every home game like they do at Bramall Lane, we wouldn't need to sell players - instead, we would be signing them.

MK Dons got 5 million for Dele Ali as and lost 4-2 today at Gillingham.

As long as we keep our heads and stay sane we have nothing to worry about

Who'd be a Barnsley fan tonight. They'll be playing at Oxford next year if things don't improve.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ready made replacements and other lies on 19:23 - Feb 14 with 4645 viewssince58

Ready made replacements and other lies on 19:19 - Feb 14 by SuddenLad

If we had crowds of 20,000 plus every home game like they do at Bramall Lane, we wouldn't need to sell players - instead, we would be signing them.

MK Dons got 5 million for Dele Ali as and lost 4-2 today at Gillingham.

As long as we keep our heads and stay sane we have nothing to worry about

Who'd be a Barnsley fan tonight. They'll be playing at Oxford next year if things don't improve.

i bet mk dons feel ten times better for there loss
Login to get fewer ads

Ready made replacements and other lies on 19:28 - Feb 14 with 4612 viewsnordenblue

Very good post, i seem to remember totally agreeing with you at the time of the sale of Done and its becoming apparent more are now starting to click his importance to the team.
The most staggering part of it all is the amount claimed he actually went for, any club offering semi decent money for our players and we are already undoing the belt ready to get shafted.Not to worry at least we are stable though
Ready made replacements and other lies on 19:32 - Feb 14 with 4576 viewsDomDale

Today was not a good day.
Tuesday was not a good day.
I'm guessing next Saturday will be a struggle also.

Pessimism has set in for me.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Ready made replacements and other lies on 19:44 - Feb 14 with 4541 views49thseason

"we flog our best player"

Since the beginning of November, the player ratings by fans on this board are as follows:
Done 1x top rated
Camps 1x top rated
Tanser 1x top rated
Allen 1x top rated
Bennett 2 X rated
Dawson 4 x rated
Logan 5x top rated
I think that the loss of Logan , Bennett's injury and the current indifferent form of Henderson and Allen might have more to do with the last couple of defeats than the sale of Done. Strikers might catch the eye but its defenders that decide your league position.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 19:54]
Ready made replacements and other lies on 19:49 - Feb 14 with 4508 viewsTalkingSutty

Ready made replacements and other lies on 19:44 - Feb 14 by 49thseason

Since the beginning of November, the player ratings by fans on this board are as follows:
Done 1x top rated
Camps 1x top rated
Tanser 1x top rated
Allen 1x top rated
Bennett 2 X rated
Dawson 4 x rated
Logan 5x top rated
I think that the loss of Logan , Bennett's injury and the current indifferent form of Henderson and Allen might have more to do with the last couple of defeats than the sale of Done. Strikers might catch the eye but its defenders that decide your league position.

I thought Dawson was our man of the match at Walsall, he's very consistant.
Ready made replacements and other lies on 19:53 - Feb 14 with 4484 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ready made replacements and other lies on 19:44 - Feb 14 by 49thseason

Done 1x top rated
Camps 1x top rated
Tanser 1x top rated
Allen 1x top rated
Bennett 2 X rated
Dawson 4 x rated
Logan 5x top rated

Says it all really - only striker mentioned is MD - mind you he is our only natural striker or was.

Ready made replacements and other lies on 19:55 - Feb 14 with 4471 views49thseason

Ready made replacements and other lies on 19:49 - Feb 14 by TalkingSutty

I thought Dawson was our man of the match at Walsall, he's very consistant.

Apols , wrote Dawson meant Henderson
Ready made replacements and other lies on 20:09 - Feb 14 with 4420 viewsSuddenLad

Apart from anything else, using the word "lies" is a bit strong. KH clearly believes that replacements can be found from within the current squad.

Why is that a lie, if he believes that to be the case. Some were moaning when KH resigned Matt Done. That wasn't a bad decision was it ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ready made replacements and other lies on 20:18 - Feb 14 with 4382 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ready made replacements and other lies on 20:09 - Feb 14 by SuddenLad

Apart from anything else, using the word "lies" is a bit strong. KH clearly believes that replacements can be found from within the current squad.

Why is that a lie, if he believes that to be the case. Some were moaning when KH resigned Matt Done. That wasn't a bad decision was it ?

If KH honestly thinks he has a ready made replacement for Matty Done then I will accept that lies is a bit strong, but do you honestly think KH thinks he has a ready made replacement for MD?

As for resigning MD - I thought it was great business at the time and never questioned it. (I know you were not saying I did).

Ready made replacements and other lies on 20:37 - Feb 14 with 4306 viewsbatfink

So who is this ready made replacement?
Ready made replacements and other lies on 21:06 - Feb 14 with 4247 viewsNinco

Despite the recent losses, I still think we are doing better than expected. When we got promoted, I genuinely thought we would get thrashed every week. I would have settled for survival in league 1. To then see them spend very little on strengthening, I was still unsure. Once the season got going, I was impressed to see them hold their own against league 1 clubs and I personally think we are doing okay. Lets not forget that financially, we are probably the poorest club in the division.

You only have to look at the gates to see that they need to sell to survive. Would you rather they sell and stay afloat financially, or go in to debt and end up vanishing in to oblivion?
Ready made replacements and other lies on 21:10 - Feb 14 with 4230 viewsTalkingSutty

Ready made replacements and other lies on 21:06 - Feb 14 by Ninco

Despite the recent losses, I still think we are doing better than expected. When we got promoted, I genuinely thought we would get thrashed every week. I would have settled for survival in league 1. To then see them spend very little on strengthening, I was still unsure. Once the season got going, I was impressed to see them hold their own against league 1 clubs and I personally think we are doing okay. Lets not forget that financially, we are probably the poorest club in the division.

You only have to look at the gates to see that they need to sell to survive. Would you rather they sell and stay afloat financially, or go in to debt and end up vanishing in to oblivion?

Good post.The home crowds dictate we have to sell players,we aren't the only club.
Ready made replacements and other lies on 21:31 - Feb 14 with 4134 viewsTTNYear

Is this the bury bourd?

Oh no it's not.... Oh

As you were.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Ready made replacements and other lies on 21:41 - Feb 14 with 4106 viewsnordenblue

Ready made replacements and other lies on 21:10 - Feb 14 by TalkingSutty

Good post.The home crowds dictate we have to sell players,we aren't the only club.

Fully agree we like plenty of other clubs do, currently we should be selling on our terms when the times right.There is/was no need to sell anybody with the clubs current finances until the end of the season at the earliest unless its for ridiculous money, Dones gone for nowhere near what he's worth to the club.
Ready made replacements and other lies on 21:51 - Feb 14 with 4065 viewsTTNYear

Ready made replacements and other lies on 21:41 - Feb 14 by nordenblue

Fully agree we like plenty of other clubs do, currently we should be selling on our terms when the times right.There is/was no need to sell anybody with the clubs current finances until the end of the season at the earliest unless its for ridiculous money, Dones gone for nowhere near what he's worth to the club.

But Done had a chance to further his career and increase his wage in a way we couldn't match. That's the bottom line

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Ready made replacements and other lies on 22:00 - Feb 14 with 4039 viewsroccydaleian

Ready made replacements and other lies on 21:51 - Feb 14 by TTNYear

But Done had a chance to further his career and increase his wage in a way we couldn't match. That's the bottom line

Spot on, and anyone who can't understand this is diluted
Ready made replacements and other lies on 22:01 - Feb 14 with 4035 viewsJimmyRustler

Ready made replacements and other lies on 21:06 - Feb 14 by Ninco

Even Ray Charles could see that the team we had last year was very capable of succeeding in the league above. I expected us to be challenging for a top half finish and whilst we are, we're slipping down the table and fast.

The league is incredibly tight and of course, if we win those games in hand and get some acceptable results in between then we will be absolutely fine. The most worrying aspect of this for me is the amount of early goals we're shipping and the fact that we aren't even giving ourselves a fighting chance. We cant keep coming from behind and expect to win football matches.

We shouldn't have sold Done that's for sure but the biggest loss of the season without a doubt was Logan. Lillis is a a good League 2 keeper and at this level that makes him very average IMO. The defence don't seem to have much faith in him either at the moment but mind you, its hardly been a settled back four as of late. I honestly couldn't believe it when I saw that Bunney was playing at LB today. I know Keith's a bit of a joker but f**k me, that was a bit extreme even for him and I certainly wasn't laughing.

Our season is going down the pan and Keith is losing the plot with his team selection. Things need to change and quickly. Not gonna mention the R word yet but if that happened then it would be completely soul destroying for the club and the feel good factor we have generated over the past few seasons.

Sort it out Keith. If you even so much think about playing Bunney at LB again or even Henderson at RB then I'm gonna shat down your incredibly expensive leather jacket. You have been warned.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2015 22:01]
Ready made replacements and other lies on 22:05 - Feb 14 with 4008 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Ready made replacements and other lies on 21:51 - Feb 14 by TTNYear

Yes he has, and I wish MD all the best, but we do seem to bend over at the first opportunity as a club and just say ok you can go. I can't ever recall us saying - "we have real ambition and will keep our prize asset" - well if we did we probably sold them a week later.

I assume we set out budgets at the start of season and all signings/wages/income is taken into this calculation. If so then we can afford to keep a player on the pay structure he was signed on and the season will be affordable, add in the cup run and we must have made more than expected.

If the club said "we are here to consolidate, our main aim is to get the stadium and stay in league 1 until we can build on this" I think most of us would accept it, but they don't.

PS if we really have a natural replacement for MD then the club would have sold him as well!!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024