Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sadly its all about greed. 12:25 - Mar 10 with 4337 viewsHopwoodblue

I've gone on about it to friends since the new tv deal for the Prem.
It would do the no harm to lose about 2.5m each to be shared out between
The 1st and 2nd div roughly about a million each team to be used with strict
ruling that it has to be used towards the running costs of the club and not
for buying players. With that comes a cap of £20 max per game.
That should hopefully attract more people making it a better atmosphere
Also it should keep smaller clubs afloat and allow these bigger clubs to keep
Buying lower league club players.
When and not if they cap the home fans tickets in the
Next few years it will see the end of clubs like ours.
If Burnley go up and start charging £30 - 40 for watching
prem football how can we compete with that ?
A Burnley fan I work with pays £400 for his season ticket
And gets his sons for free. Not bad especially if
He's watching Prem football next season.
Its all well and good the Prem fans complaining
About ticket prices but without the wealth being
Distributed more evenly clubs like us will go out of
Business how many of the Prem fans care about that ?
[Post edited 10 Mar 2016 12:29]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Sadly its all about greed. on 12:31 - Mar 10 with 4298 viewsdingdangblue

£30-40 pound is still too expensive per game. In Germany there were complaints / demonstration's recently at ticket prices heading towards €20!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sadly its all about greed. on 12:54 - Mar 10 with 4244 viewsboromat

Sadly its all about greed. on 12:31 - Mar 10 by dingdangblue

£30-40 pound is still too expensive per game. In Germany there were complaints / demonstration's recently at ticket prices heading towards €20!

There needs to be some differentiation between the leagues or clubs like us will struggle even more so to get new supporters through the gates.

If its £30 for the Prem then it should be
Championship £25
League 2 £20
League 1 £15

However how does this help when it comes to competition within your own league? If we were bottom and Oldham were top (I know highly unlikely :-) ) both fixed to charging £20 guess where most people looking for a team to support would go. We could reduce prices but for the extra we'd get in would it be worth it?

The Football League needs to have a good think about how they are going to tackle this issue. The Championship will now have away tickets more expensive than Premier League away tickets. And If I've read all this correctly are Premier League away tickets now going to be cheaper than home tickets in some cases?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Sadly its all about greed. on 13:01 - Mar 10 with 4226 viewsSuddenLad

Sadly its all about greed. on 12:54 - Mar 10 by boromat

There needs to be some differentiation between the leagues or clubs like us will struggle even more so to get new supporters through the gates.

If its £30 for the Prem then it should be
Championship £25
League 2 £20
League 1 £15

However how does this help when it comes to competition within your own league? If we were bottom and Oldham were top (I know highly unlikely :-) ) both fixed to charging £20 guess where most people looking for a team to support would go. We could reduce prices but for the extra we'd get in would it be worth it?

The Football League needs to have a good think about how they are going to tackle this issue. The Championship will now have away tickets more expensive than Premier League away tickets. And If I've read all this correctly are Premier League away tickets now going to be cheaper than home tickets in some cases?

Why should it be more expensive to watch League Two as opposed to League One football ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sadly its all about greed. on 13:22 - Mar 10 with 4169 viewsmacro

The away cap in the premier league is great but will have to be closely managed unless all tickets are reduced to 30 pounds. As a home fan at Chelsea is it fair to pay£70 for a home Ticket whilst away fans pay £30
Sadly its all about greed. on 13:33 - Mar 10 with 4139 viewswindowsbug

Is it a price cap?
Or is it the away team subsidising the price.
Ie....the face value is still 50 quid but the away team are selling them for 30.
That along with subsidised travel makes it an uneven playing field.
Is it legal? one asks
[Post edited 10 Mar 2016 22:44]
Sadly its all about greed. on 13:46 - Mar 10 with 4110 viewsdingdangblue

Sadly its all about greed. on 13:33 - Mar 10 by windowsbug

Is it a price cap?
Or is it the away team subsidising the price.
Ie....the face value is still 50 quid but the away team are selling them for 30.
That along with subsidised travel makes it an uneven playing field.
Is it legal? one asks
[Post edited 10 Mar 2016 22:44]

It will be interesting what allocations will be too! What's the betting say Arsenal who have 3000 Man Utd fans this season paying £60 only allocate 2000 next season and give the other 1000 to home fans to offset the price.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sadly its all about greed. on 14:19 - Mar 10 with 4076 viewsDomDale

Sadly its all about greed. on 12:31 - Mar 10 by dingdangblue

Something being too expensive is subjective. Personally I won't pay £30/£40+ just for a ticket for a sporting fixture unless it holds some significance i.e. a final, or a one off or I'm enjoying some form of hospitality.
Premier League grounds are close to capacity each week so whilst some folk may see the prices as too expensive there are X-thousand others who do not and will happily take their place. The premier league is a product in high demand and there are people willing to pay big money to watch the games. I don't blame the clubs resisting, until now, calls to reduce ticket prices as there hasn't been a visible reason to do so.
Contrast that with L1 and 2 where most grounds are barely 50% full each week , 20-25% for ourselves.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Sadly its all about greed. on 19:22 - Mar 10 with 3915 viewsGlenn

Sadly its all about greed. on 13:46 - Mar 10 by dingdangblue

It will be interesting what allocations will be too! What's the betting say Arsenal who have 3000 Man Utd fans this season paying £60 only allocate 2000 next season and give the other 1000 to home fans to offset the price.

Clubs have to allocate at least 10% of total capacity to away fans, up to a maximum of 3,000.
Login to get fewer ads

Sadly its all about greed. on 23:17 - Mar 10 with 3703 viewsBrighouseDale

I'm off to watch Brighouse Town away at Droylsden F.C. this Saturday, and I'm absolutely raging that I have to pay £8 instead of the usual £7. It's all relative. Just hope the burgers are better than Harrogate Railway Athletic's.

Apologies for giving the big derby a swerve, but there'll be nowhere to park and I'm not particularly fussed about Bury anyway.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Sadly its all about greed. on 06:21 - Mar 11 with 3629 viewsTalkingSutty

Sadly its all about greed. on 23:17 - Mar 10 by BrighouseDale

I'm off to watch Brighouse Town away at Droylsden F.C. this Saturday, and I'm absolutely raging that I have to pay £8 instead of the usual £7. It's all relative. Just hope the burgers are better than Harrogate Railway Athletic's.

Apologies for giving the big derby a swerve, but there'll be nowhere to park and I'm not particularly fussed about Bury anyway.

It's nothing to brag about. You're obviously not that concerned about supporting the team then. Nowhere to park....honestly? It's a local derby and you're not fussed, how did you go on when we played Barnet,Dagenham etc,etc?

You're travelling from Yorkshire to Manchester and giving your own club a swerve. It sounds to me as though you are no longer bothered about supporting your team. No real excuse for that in my book, if we all adopted that attitude we wouldn't have a club.

Droylsden lost at home 0-9 midweek ( there was two 9-0 scores and a 5-5 draw in that league mid week), basically your paying good money to watch pub football and running a very real risk of food poisoning in the process. Karma can be a bitch, be careful.

[Post edited 11 Mar 2016 6:33]
Sadly its all about greed. on 07:42 - Mar 11 with 3580 viewsroccydaleian

Sadly its all about greed. on 06:21 - Mar 11 by TalkingSutty

It's nothing to brag about. You're obviously not that concerned about supporting the team then. Nowhere to park....honestly? It's a local derby and you're not fussed, how did you go on when we played Barnet,Dagenham etc,etc?

You're travelling from Yorkshire to Manchester and giving your own club a swerve. It sounds to me as though you are no longer bothered about supporting your team. No real excuse for that in my book, if we all adopted that attitude we wouldn't have a club.

Droylsden lost at home 0-9 midweek ( there was two 9-0 scores and a 5-5 draw in that league mid week), basically your paying good money to watch pub football and running a very real risk of food poisoning in the process. Karma can be a bitch, be careful.

Agreed, (marked down by mistake, sorry TS)
Sadly its all about greed. on 07:51 - Mar 11 with 3567 viewsTalkingSutty

Sadly its all about greed. on 07:42 - Mar 11 by roccydaleian

Agreed, (marked down by mistake, sorry TS)

I can fully understand people not going to the game because they are skint or have to prioritise their money. That's a responsible thing to do and I genuinely feel sorry for people who have to do that, when I was younger I had a spell when I was skint and had to miss games,it's not nice.

I don't understand people paying (travelling distances) to watch another club when their own team is playing around the corner. I can't fathom the thinking out,that's not supporting your team.
Sadly its all about greed. on 07:56 - Mar 11 with 3566 viewsBrighouseDale

Sadly its all about greed. on 06:21 - Mar 11 by TalkingSutty

I've been to watch Brighouse Town a few times this season and have really enjoyed it. Being from West Yorkshire I don't really "feel" the rivalry with Bury as much as a lot of Dale supporters. I don't even know anyone from Bury. So this week I've chosen to support my local team. Might take an extra 10-15 minutes to get there but it's a new ground ticked off and I'll save a few quid. We all have different priorities.

Sadly its all about greed. on 08:06 - Mar 11 with 3557 viewsaleanddale

Sadly its all about greed. on 07:56 - Mar 11 by BrighouseDale

I've been to watch Brighouse Town a few times this season and have really enjoyed it. Being from West Yorkshire I don't really "feel" the rivalry with Bury as much as a lot of Dale supporters. I don't even know anyone from Bury. So this week I've chosen to support my local team. Might take an extra 10-15 minutes to get there but it's a new ground ticked off and I'll save a few quid. We all have different priorities.

Extra hour.... 30 extra there and back.

Brighouse we need your support... Turn left up the slip road junction 20 then right at the roundabout!!!

Up the Dale!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell we can't lose supporters because droÅ·ldens ground needs ticking off!!

I have been Brighouse you will not be missing out!!!!!
Sadly its all about greed. on 08:29 - Mar 11 with 3538 viewsTalkingSutty

Sadly its all about greed. on 08:06 - Mar 11 by aleanddale

Extra hour.... 30 extra there and back.

Brighouse we need your support... Turn left up the slip road junction 20 then right at the roundabout!!!

Up the Dale!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell we can't lose supporters because droÅ·ldens ground needs ticking off!!

I have been Brighouse you will not be missing out!!!!!

Agree. Brighouse have you had a bang on the head? Theses are the good days, mid table in League One and a local derby. I know we all like a good whinge on this forum but in reality we've never had it better. Now isn't the time to start missing games to tick a tin pot ground off. Once you start missing local derbies you're finished.
Sadly its all about greed. on 08:53 - Mar 11 with 3521 viewsBrighouseDale

Sadly its all about greed. on 08:29 - Mar 11 by TalkingSutty

Agree. Brighouse have you had a bang on the head? Theses are the good days, mid table in League One and a local derby. I know we all like a good whinge on this forum but in reality we've never had it better. Now isn't the time to start missing games to tick a tin pot ground off. Once you start missing local derbies you're finished.

Ok ok ok, you've twisted my arm. I've seen the error of my ways.

Sadly its all about greed. on 09:23 - Mar 11 with 3497 viewselectricblue

That.....
Well almost...
I think that Div1team should recieve £1m a season and Div2 teams £600k a season...

There should also be a cap on entrance fees for each division aswell....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Sadly its all about greed. on 11:54 - Mar 11 with 3416 viewsD_Alien

Sadly its all about greed. on 09:23 - Mar 11 by electricblue

That.....
Well almost...
I think that Div1team should recieve £1m a season and Div2 teams £600k a season...

If the cap was the same for all divisions in the FL, would it be a flat cap?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sadly its all about greed. on 12:13 - Mar 11 with 3382 viewsroccydaleian

Sadly its all about greed. on 09:23 - Mar 11 by electricblue

That.....
Well almost...

Would you go then?........
Still a few home games to go if you fancy a pre match drink.......
Sadly its all about greed. on 13:43 - Mar 11 with 3318 viewsaleanddale

Sadly its all about greed. on 08:53 - Mar 11 by BrighouseDale

Sadly its all about greed. on 13:48 - Mar 11 with 3305 viewsTalkingSutty

My work here is done
Sadly its all about greed. on 18:38 - Mar 12 with 3110 viewsTalkingSutty

You owe me big time mate...
Sadly its all about greed. on 20:42 - Mar 12 with 2989 viewsD_Alien

Sadly its all about greed. on 18:38 - Mar 12 by TalkingSutty

You owe me big time mate...

Remains to be seen...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024