Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
442 19:01 - Dec 6 with 4849 viewsBigDaveMyCock

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/ed5430db-9b14-4f12-a2ef-20db0c49636b

Misses so many cooler ones imo. Agree on the simple beauty of the Holland 74 kit and the Barnie Sumner 90 third away kit though.

Like the W German 1988 n'all.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 19:02]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

442 on 19:10 - Dec 6 with 3965 views442Dale

I'll look properly after the game.

I think tonight is one big joke at my expense.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

442 on 19:11 - Dec 6 with 3965 viewsmoth5368

Like the CCCP from 1970 & the Motörhead one
442 on 19:47 - Dec 6 with 3887 viewsBigDaveMyCock

442 on 19:11 - Dec 6 by moth5368

Like the CCCP from 1970 & the Motörhead one

love the way spinal tap have their umlaut on the 'n'. God that's good.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 19:47]

442 on 19:48 - Dec 6 with 3885 viewsBigDaveMyCock

442 on 19:10 - Dec 6 by 442Dale

I'll look properly after the game.

I think tonight is one big joke at my expense.

Why?

442 on 19:51 - Dec 6 with 3867 viewsmoth5368

442 on 19:47 - Dec 6 by BigDaveMyCock

love the way spinal tap have their umlaut on the 'n'. God that's good.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 19:47]

It's all about the detail!
442 on 19:52 - Dec 6 with 3867 views442Dale

442 on 19:48 - Dec 6 by BigDaveMyCock

Why?

See the Checkatrade thread. Don't worry, I'm positively beaming now.

442 on 20:36 - Dec 6 with 3722 viewsBigDaveMyCock

442 on 19:51 - Dec 6 by moth5368

It's all about the detail!

Perfection. Blue Oyster Cult, another great umlaut band. Can't actrually do the umlaut on here.

442 on 21:55 - Dec 6 with 3619 views442Dale

That Sampdoria shirt is glorious and I had that magnificent England third kit.

That black United shirt annoyed because it could have been just as good with red and white trim, yellow and blue was so random.

Login to get fewer ads

442 on 22:22 - Dec 6 with 3567 viewsmingthemerciless

442 on 21:55 - Dec 6 by 442Dale

That Sampdoria shirt is glorious and I had that magnificent England third kit.

That black United shirt annoyed because it could have been just as good with red and white trim, yellow and blue was so random.

When I played 5 a side many years ago I had an earlier genuine Sampdora shirt. The Sponsors logo was " Phonola " and it was made out of proper thick cotton not the shiny crap you got later. It was a great shirt to wear. I gave it my son a few years back, he sold it on eBay for a good price a month or two ago.
There's one just like it on eBay now for a mere £249.99. Could be the same shirt actually.

I alternated it with an " Adidas " " Flamengo " shirt of a similar vintage, mid to late 1980's. The shirt was made of a more modern material and you smelled of sweat each time you wore it.
The sponsors logo was " LuBRax" I think.
I've still got the " Flamengo " shirt, going cheap to a good home.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 23:01]
442 on 12:39 - Dec 7 with 3402 viewsBartRowou

Can anyone work out which team is which in the picture below. It's so confusing.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

442 on 15:38 - Dec 7 with 3297 views442Dale

442 on 12:39 - Dec 7 by BartRowou

Can anyone work out which team is which in the picture below. It's so confusing.

What a bloody mess.

442 on 17:56 - Dec 7 with 3186 viewsAtThePeake

442 on 22:22 - Dec 6 by mingthemerciless

When I played 5 a side many years ago I had an earlier genuine Sampdora shirt. The Sponsors logo was " Phonola " and it was made out of proper thick cotton not the shiny crap you got later. It was a great shirt to wear. I gave it my son a few years back, he sold it on eBay for a good price a month or two ago.
There's one just like it on eBay now for a mere £249.99. Could be the same shirt actually.

I alternated it with an " Adidas " " Flamengo " shirt of a similar vintage, mid to late 1980's. The shirt was made of a more modern material and you smelled of sweat each time you wore it.
The sponsors logo was " LuBRax" I think.
I've still got the " Flamengo " shirt, going cheap to a good home.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 23:01]

Please can we turn this thread into a thread about the most rare/obscure football shirts we own?

Tangled up in blue.

442 on 18:55 - Dec 7 with 3146 views442Dale

442 on 17:56 - Dec 7 by AtThePeake

Please can we turn this thread into a thread about the most rare/obscure football shirts we own?

Go for it.

I have three AEK Athens shirts: yellow, black and yellow & black stripes.

442 on 19:14 - Dec 7 with 3119 viewsNigeriamark

442 on 18:55 - Dec 7 by 442Dale

Go for it.

I used to have a Botafogo shirt when I lived in Rio. Apart from the dale, I support teams who have black & white shirts in places I have lived or visited often so also had a Besiktas one - a cracker

Would have loved that motorhead one from the original post
442 on 19:42 - Dec 7 with 3094 viewsDickydaler

Just a little off subject, although it is about kits, the Observer's (Rochdale, that is) photography coverage of our games is really getting on my goat. Take, for example, today's photographs that are suppose to cover the Carlisle game. We played in red and yet the photograph shows us wearing the blue kit; and also features Jaimie Allen who we know didn't play! And to cap that there is a picture of Steven Davies in his Blackpool kit.
It sooooo annoys me!!!
442 on 19:52 - Dec 7 with 3078 viewsTVOS1907

442 on 19:42 - Dec 7 by Dickydaler

Just a little off subject, although it is about kits, the Observer's (Rochdale, that is) photography coverage of our games is really getting on my goat. Take, for example, today's photographs that are suppose to cover the Carlisle game. We played in red and yet the photograph shows us wearing the blue kit; and also features Jaimie Allen who we know didn't play! And to cap that there is a picture of Steven Davies in his Blackpool kit.
It sooooo annoys me!!!

And it was last season's blue kit.

They have binned off photography this season, unless someone will give them pics for free. DYSporting knows more about it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

442 on 19:57 - Dec 7 with 3065 views442Dale

442 on 19:52 - Dec 7 by TVOS1907

And it was last season's blue kit.

They have binned off photography this season, unless someone will give them pics for free. DYSporting knows more about it.

They might as well just admit they don't care.

442 on 21:18 - Dec 7 with 3005 viewsAtThePeake

442 on 18:55 - Dec 7 by 442Dale

Go for it.

Olympiakos and Kaiserslautern home shirts both from around 2005.. The Kaiserslautern one was a beaut.

Tangled up in blue.

442 on 09:29 - Dec 8 with 2878 viewsmingthemerciless

442 on 17:56 - Dec 7 by AtThePeake

A bit more info about my Samp shirt. My son who knows about these things tells me it was the same one that Roberto Mancini wore when he was their star striker. It had the club badge and the makers badge. A real humdinger of a shirt. He was out of work recently so he sold it to make ends meet.

He's still got some I bought him for the 1990 World Cup, the Germany Klinsmann No 18 shirt and Linekers No 10 England shirt.

I've started jogging again and I was in TKMaxx recently looking for something interesting to wear whilst jogging. I came across a " Rosenborg1917 " shirt in my size for £8.00. It's a bit like a Spurs strip, it's made by Adidas. I couldn't leave it for that price.

I had a " Toffs " " Brazil 1958 " shirt a while back but it's too tight for me now.

I was out in Spain recently and I couldn't believe the price of replica shirts, a " Grenada" shirt would set you back about € 80 ! There's nothing to them either.

The one that got away for me was a genuine early 1960's Sheffield Wed shirt as actually worn by Tony Kay ( the guy who got banned for betting on games ) when he played against Santos and marked Pele. A pal's dad was a local business man and got it for my pal in an auction. My mate was absolutely Tony Kay mad but when Kay moved to Everton my mate swapped me the shirt for some programmes I had at the time.

It was made up of blue and white strips of cotton sewn together, not all one piece of cloth like they are today. It had a red no 6 on the back sewn on the back.
I had it for years but my mum managed to lose it in the wash somehow !

I've always been a bit of a shirt fan. Now I watch Rugby League I've got lots of Hornets shirts plus Canterbury-Bankstown, Cronulla, South Sydneyetc.

I guy I know at Hornets has got 80 plus Rugby League shirts.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2016 9:35]
442 on 09:30 - Dec 8 with 2877 viewsScunnydale

442 on 21:18 - Dec 7 by AtThePeake

Olympiakos and Kaiserslautern home shirts both from around 2005.. The Kaiserslautern one was a beaut.

Couple of odder ones.

Dinamo Bucharest away kit and a Deportivo home one, probably both from around the mid 2000s, but I don't wear the Deportivo one as I once got called a Sheff Wednesday fan. I prefer my Romania, Sparta Prague and Czech Rep home kits though.

Also have a yellow and black striped Guarani one from roughly the same period. I think they're Paraguayan, but I only bought that because they had their sponsor's name plastered on the front — Muky.
442 on 12:24 - Dec 8 with 2809 viewsRegJenkinsBoot

442 on 19:57 - Dec 7 by 442Dale

They might as well just admit they don't care.

In Wednesday's Ob, reporting on the car chase crash, they twice referred to "Sandy Lane, Bamford" FFS! Have any of their staff even set foot in Rochdale I wonder?

Utterly pathetic local rag. I only get it for the Deaths / Obituaries. If I'm not in there, I get out of bed !!
442 on 14:53 - Dec 8 with 2754 viewsSalwaDale

Not got many myself but one of my lads has a great collection, including Malaga, Al Ahli, Al Qadsia, Al Hilal and lots off other Als. Best ones are always player worn ones, so we've got a Jamie Allen and a title winning one from Khaled Al Qahtani. His most obscure one though is a training kit from one of the Iranian U23 coaches.

TBBT

442 on 20:13 - Dec 8 with 2696 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Had a sky blue Tottenham 3rd away Hummel kit circa 88-89, beautiful. Loved the Man city home kit 84-85 (think Graham Baker) with alternate straight strips running down, much copied since. Had a blue Man United 3rd away kit circa 1986 with the badge in the middle.

In sum, 3rd away kits are for sexy bastards.

442 on 20:26 - Dec 8 with 2683 views442Dale

442 on 20:13 - Dec 8 by BigDaveMyCock

Had a sky blue Tottenham 3rd away Hummel kit circa 88-89, beautiful. Loved the Man city home kit 84-85 (think Graham Baker) with alternate straight strips running down, much copied since. Had a blue Man United 3rd away kit circa 1986 with the badge in the middle.

In sum, 3rd away kits are for sexy bastards.

That Spurs one is a work of art. Hummel have done some amazing kits over the years, their chevrons work so well down sleeves. Had a Palace away shirt they did - red with a blue and white sash.

You did well getting that United blue shirt, didn't realise they sold them.

442 on 20:40 - Dec 8 with 2668 viewsBigDaveMyCock

442 on 20:26 - Dec 8 by 442Dale

That Spurs one is a work of art. Hummel have done some amazing kits over the years, their chevrons work so well down sleeves. Had a Palace away shirt they did - red with a blue and white sash.

You did well getting that United blue shirt, didn't realise they sold them.

Got the Spurs kit from Shoot magazine, as well as my Denmark Hummel kit - perfection. I bought the United kit bizarrely from the guy off Middleton market, it was legit.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024