Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard 12:37 - Jun 5 with 8269 viewsoff2div1

As an exile I was wondering who will win the vote on Thursday. Will Lloyd Labour get in. Has Danczuh got a good following even though he's got bad image for an MP or will tories get in due to the split of Labour voter's.
Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 18:11 - Jun 7 with 2377 viewsroccydaleian

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 17:36 - Jun 7 by Shun

Without wanting to get into yet another NHS debate, the closing of the Rochdale hospitals has a lot more to do with Devo Manc and Westminster rather than Pennine Acute.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 17:37]

Hasn't Devo Manc only just started within the last two years or so? Now I'm trying to keep politics out of this, but this was in 2006 when Labour were in power. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/5347604.stm
Birch Hill Hospital closed in 2OOO, also when Labour was in power.
The services which are still at Birch Hill are under Pennine Care, which is a different trust.
Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 18:33 - Jun 7 with 2356 viewsNorthernDale

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 16:59 - Jun 7 by roccydaleian

It was the Pennine Acute Trust that closed the Rochdale hospitals down, not sure any political party had owt to do with it.

The Pennine Trust as a board to run it, which is strongly Labour in its composition, because Deborah Abrahams resigned from the trust in either 2004 or 2006 because of the Labour government running of the NHS. She suddenly a second thought when she got selected as a parliamentary candidate and suddenly decided Labour was the party for the NHS, now she is the Labour MP for Saddleworth and Oldham East. I am trying not to be too cynical in her motives and sudden redemption of her believe in Labour being the party of the NHS.
Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 18:51 - Jun 7 with 2332 viewsD_Alien

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 16:26 - Jun 7 by rochdaleriddler

So the half dozen people at may,s events put tough questions? Ha in many places only hand picked media were allowed to ask questions, local media were frozen out. Of course corbyn is trying to win the election, the only person that looks like throwing it is May, a woman who is so dull, she makes David Cameron seem like oscar Wilde

You've got a certain talent for misunderstanding, I'll give you that

I was referring to those occasions she was walking through busy streets and having people put their opinions to her, broadcast openly and without editing

No such occasions were allowed for JC

It's pretty typical that the shallow-minded turn it into a personality contest too, as if you actually know whether she's dull or not. It's not the job of Prime Minister to be exciting and laugh-a-minute

I will, however, refer you to a couple of quotes by Ruth Davidson: "I get on very well with her. I respect the fact she knows exactly how hard the job she's about to do is [referring to Brexit]. Sometimes I wish she would show a bit more of her sense of humour and stuff the public. She's a really dry wit. Genuinely a very, very funny woman."

"I think sometimes it can be quite difficult as a woman in the public eye"

Ill-informed and misogynistic comments about someone with significant achievements in the public sphere tell us more about you than her

[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 19:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 19:14 - Jun 7 with 2307 views49thseason

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 16:59 - Jun 7 by roccydaleian

It was the Pennine Acute Trust that closed the Rochdale hospitals down, not sure any political party had owt to do with it.

The point I was making is that neither existing political parties or and independent stood on the issue of hospitals being closed unlike in some other towns where the closure of a hospital has attracted independent candidates and has been the focus of the election. Perhaps the dearth of quality amongst our local politicians allows the people of Rochdale to be treated so badly?
Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 19:34 - Jun 7 with 2287 viewsroccydaleian

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 19:14 - Jun 7 by 49thseason

The point I was making is that neither existing political parties or and independent stood on the issue of hospitals being closed unlike in some other towns where the closure of a hospital has attracted independent candidates and has been the focus of the election. Perhaps the dearth of quality amongst our local politicians allows the people of Rochdale to be treated so badly?

It might be that even though the Infirmary was shut I don't think services were lost or cut, but transferred to other hospitals within the trust.
Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 19:35 - Jun 7 with 2284 viewsmingthemerciless

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 18:51 - Jun 7 by D_Alien

I was referring to those occasions she was walking through busy streets and having people put their opinions to her, broadcast openly and without editing

It's pretty typical that the shallow-minded turn it into a personality contest too, as if you actually know whether she's dull or not. It's not the job of Prime Minister to be exciting and laugh-a-minute

I will, however, refer you to a couple of quotes by Ruth Davidson: "I get on very well with her. I respect the fact she knows exactly how hard the job she's about to do is [referring to Brexit]. Sometimes I wish she would show a bit more of her sense of humour and stuff the public. She's a really dry wit. Genuinely a very, very funny woman."

Ill-informed and misogynistic comments about someone with significant achievements in the public sphere tell us more about you than her

You can't actually believe that. She'd put a glass eye to sleep.

I read an interview with a journalist a month or two back and the journalist had been eating at the same table as Saint Teresa. She was bored to tears with her repartee, or lack of it. The journalist was looking wistfully at the next tables that contained the Sainted one's bodyguards who were having a whale of a time and wishing she was with them instead.

Apparently she's great on the subject of shoes, walking holidays and another subject the journalist forgot she was so interested.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 19:52]
Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 19:49 - Jun 7 with 2271 viewsmingthemerciless

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 13:42 - Jun 7 by roccydaleian

For those wondering ...... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psephology
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 13:44]

Well if the Tories do win they face two dilemmas -

Do they get rid of May right away or do they wait until she makes as big a balls up of the Brexit negotiations as she has of the election campaign ?

If they do decide to blow her out which one of the other nonentities do they appoint in her place ?

My money's on she'll be gone before too long. Another one for the rubbish bin of history along with Cameron and Osbourne. The Tories don't take any prisoners with failures.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 22:57]
Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 19:51 - Jun 7 with 2268 viewsD_Alien

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 19:35 - Jun 7 by mingthemerciless

You can't actually believe that. She'd put a glass eye to sleep.

I read an interview with a journalist a month or two back and the journalist had been eating at the same table as Saint Teresa. She was bored to tears with her repartee, or lack of it. The journalist was looking wistfully at the next tables that contained the Sainted one's bodyguards who were having a whale of a time and wishing she was with them instead.

Apparently she's great on the subject of shoes, walking holidays and another subject the journalist forgot she was so interested.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 19:52]

It's neither here nor there whether I "believe" it or not, although Ruth Davidson's pretty much bang on when it comes to saying it as it really is...

What's important is whether being able to entertain a journalist (who'd love nothing more than an unguarded quote to catch her out, btw) is a requirement for being Prime Minister

If you think it is, then there's no more to be said

Login to get fewer ads

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 20:51 - Jun 7 with 2218 viewsrochdaleriddler

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 18:51 - Jun 7 by D_Alien

I abhor 'personality contests' I vote for policies. How can describing may being dull, be misogynistic you misrepresenting old bint. It's the tories that have made the elections about personality, strong and stable, unfortunately hasn't got one. You have though, an unpleasant one

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 21:20 - Jun 7 with 2193 viewsD_Alien

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 20:51 - Jun 7 by rochdaleriddler

I abhor 'personality contests' I vote for policies. How can describing may being dull, be misogynistic you misrepresenting old bint. It's the tories that have made the elections about personality, strong and stable, unfortunately hasn't got one. You have though, an unpleasant one

"...misogynistic you misrepresenting old bint..."

And just as you have no knowledge of May's true personality, only what you see represented through a media prism (completely ignoring the fact that to succeed at the levels she's done you've got to have an incredible range of interpersonal and organisational skills), neither do you have the slightest clue about my true personality, represented through the medium of a messageboard

The above quote I've highlighted from yourself - I'd say that was confirmation of misogyny in the very sentence in which you deny it! True colours, etc.

[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 21:24]

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 22:32 - Jun 7 with 2139 viewsShun

I agree with DA on this one, albeit coming from a different side of the spectrum. I see very little relevance what a political candidate wears, what they're like on The One Show with their partner, what they like to eat, or what their personality is, and every time I hear people say how boring a candidate comes across I have to sigh. The Daily Mail's 'legs-it' front page was a particular lowlight.

I do, however, care about what that candidate represents. And I'll be voting for a man who, in my eyes at least, represents integrity, honesty, and morality, and one who champions humanity.
Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 22:38 - Jun 7 with 2132 viewsrochdaleriddler

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 21:20 - Jun 7 by D_Alien

"...misogynistic you misrepresenting old bint..."

And just as you have no knowledge of May's true personality, only what you see represented through a media prism (completely ignoring the fact that to succeed at the levels she's done you've got to have an incredible range of interpersonal and organisational skills), neither do you have the slightest clue about my true personality, represented through the medium of a messageboard

The above quote I've highlighted from yourself - I'd say that was confirmation of misogyny in the very sentence in which you deny it! True colours, etc.

[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 21:24]

You thick pillock, I never made any misogynistic remark, I said she was dull. You therefore misrepresented me. The bint reference was to when you were mocking me for saying bint is an offensive term for a woman. You know corbyn doesn't want to win, you know why Teresa mays personality is really like, you know everything about the NHS, raft, in short you know it all don't you.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 22:54 - Jun 7 with 2106 viewsD_Alien

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 22:38 - Jun 7 by rochdaleriddler

You thick pillock, I never made any misogynistic remark, I said she was dull. You therefore misrepresented me. The bint reference was to when you were mocking me for saying bint is an offensive term for a woman. You know corbyn doesn't want to win, you know why Teresa mays personality is really like, you know everything about the NHS, raft, in short you know it all don't you.

How dull that particular repetition is

I agree with Shun. He's got different politics but that's what makes the world go round, without need for prejudiced bile

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 23:13 - Jun 7 with 2073 viewsroccydaleian

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 22:32 - Jun 7 by Shun

I agree with DA on this one, albeit coming from a different side of the spectrum. I see very little relevance what a political candidate wears, what they're like on The One Show with their partner, what they like to eat, or what their personality is, and every time I hear people say how boring a candidate comes across I have to sigh. The Daily Mail's 'legs-it' front page was a particular lowlight.

I do, however, care about what that candidate represents. And I'll be voting for a man who, in my eyes at least, represents integrity, honesty, and morality, and one who champions humanity.

Jeremy...................Kyle?
Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 23:55 - Jun 7 with 2041 viewsSuddenLad

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 22:32 - Jun 7 by Shun

Not in this constituency you won't .....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 00:04 - Jun 8 with 2024 viewsShun

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 23:55 - Jun 7 by SuddenLad

Not in this constituency you won't .....

Probably! I was of course referring to the leaders when I posted that, but I take your point.
Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 09:15 - Jun 8 with 1925 viewsSuddenLad

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 00:04 - Jun 8 by Shun

Probably! I was of course referring to the leaders when I posted that, but I take your point.

I'm not sure I agree with your description of Paul Nuttall, but it's your choice.......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 10:20 - Jun 9 with 1738 viewsoff2div1

What next for Danczch Big Brother,Jungle or with Self ie Queen Karen in Ex on the Beach
Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 11:50 - Jun 9 with 1643 viewsmingthemerciless

Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 10:20 - Jun 9 by off2div1

What next for Danczch Big Brother,Jungle or with Self ie Queen Karen in Ex on the Beach

" Strictly " both of them. Remember who told you first.
Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard on 09:45 - Jun 19 with 1239 viewsoff2div1

I see I was right Big Brother talking to Danczuh + Selfish Queen.
Danczuh, Lloyd or Howard (n/t) (n/t) on 12:30 - Jun 19 with 1099 viewsfirgrovedale51

Q. What is the difference between a politician and a flying pig ?

A. The letter f
[Post edited 19 Jun 2017 12:36]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024