Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information 13:44 - Jul 4 with 4312 viewsChris1995

To all Rochdale fans planning on coming to the AFC Fylde pre-season friendly at Mill Farm,

We urge you to buy your tickets before the game and arrive early on the day of the match to avoid queuing at the ground.

There are also no cash turnstiles available at Mill Farm.

You can buy tickets for the game via the link https://tickets.afcfylde.co.uk/default.aspx or you can call the AFC Fylde shop on 01772598855.

We look forward to welcoming you to Mill Farm next week.
AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 19:02 - Jul 4 with 3463 viewsBrierls

We'll get to see former Daley, Jack Muldoon. He's just signed from Lincoln.
AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 19:13 - Jul 4 with 3442 views442Dale

Thanks for the info, but if you've a process that requires to buy in advance and requires a warning around queues would it be worth looking at how it can work more smoothly to benefit all supporters?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 09:23 - Jul 5 with 3218 viewsR17ALE

You're expecting fans to pre-pay for a friendly?

And you're expecting queues, so I've got to get there early, for a friendly?

No cash turnstiles as well for a friendly?

Tell you what. Fook it. I'll stay at home. I was 50-50, now I'm 0-100.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 10:57 - Jul 5 with 3131 viewsTVOS1907

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 09:23 - Jul 5 by R17ALE

I'll get you a programme.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 11:31 - Jul 5 with 3066 viewsonedalefan

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 09:23 - Jul 5 by R17ALE

Click on the link for tickets and it shows away fans have 1165 tickets available. How many are they expecting us to take?
AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 12:16 - Jul 5 with 2983 viewsDaleiLama

Why not add biometric passports and chuck in DNA swabs whilst you're at it? Think I'll wait til the Morecambe fixture to travel up the M6. Better pies too.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 12:52 - Jul 5 with 2900 viewsTVOS1907

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 10:57 - Jul 5 by TVOS1907

I'll get you a programme.

Actually, he hasn't made it clear enough.

You can buy a ticket at the ground on the day, like with a lot of League 1 venues, but can't pay cash at the turnstiles. The o/p seems to imply we need to get tickets at Spotland, which we don't.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/july/afcfylde_prices/

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 15:03 - Jul 5 with 2791 views442Dale

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 12:52 - Jul 5 by TVOS1907

Actually, he hasn't made it clear enough.

You can buy a ticket at the ground on the day, like with a lot of League 1 venues, but can't pay cash at the turnstiles. The o/p seems to imply we need to get tickets at Spotland, which we don't.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/july/afcfylde_prices/

Like any process, presumably they'll welcome the feedback with a view to making amendments which will hopefully ensure supporters aren't openly admitting it's not worth the hassle.

Login to get fewer ads

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 15:28 - Jul 5 with 2759 viewschalkyncfc

I think that you are being a tad unfair with Chris,he's only come on here to warn you about the no cash turn styles on the day and providing you with a link to buy your ticket,I would sooner know the situation beforehand than get up there just to find out that cash won't get me into the ground
AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 16:00 - Jul 5 with 2719 viewsDaleiLama

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 15:28 - Jul 5 by chalkyncfc

I think that you are being a tad unfair with Chris,he's only come on here to warn you about the no cash turn styles on the day and providing you with a link to buy your ticket,I would sooner know the situation beforehand than get up there just to find out that cash won't get me into the ground

Tbf, I think the response to how unattractive and relatively difficult AFC Fylde have made attendance was proportionate and not unfair or abusive. In addition to the hoops in the OP that need to be jumped through, you also have to register to buy a ticket. Customers are still allowed to vote with their feet. And provide adverse feedback. It's up to Fylde how they want to sell tickets. It's up to fans to decide if they can be @rsed. An already low attendance will be even lower as a result. QED.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 16:04]

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 16:11 - Jul 5 with 2688 viewschalkyncfc

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 16:00 - Jul 5 by DaleiLama

Tbf, I think the response to how unattractive and relatively difficult AFC Fylde have made attendance was proportionate and not unfair or abusive. In addition to the hoops in the OP that need to be jumped through, you also have to register to buy a ticket. Customers are still allowed to vote with their feet. And provide adverse feedback. It's up to Fylde how they want to sell tickets. It's up to fans to decide if they can be @rsed. An already low attendance will be even lower as a result. QED.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 16:04]

There is nothing difficult about it
1. You've decided to go on the morning of the game
2. You buy your ticket at the ticket office (as you know that cash won't be accepted at the gate)
3. You give your ticket to the bloke on the turn style
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 16:17]
AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 16:17 - Jul 5 with 2677 viewsDaleiLama

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 16:11 - Jul 5 by chalkyncfc

There is nothing difficult about it
1. You've decided to go on the morning of the game
2. You buy your ticket at the ticket office (as you know that cash won't be accepted at the gate)
3. You give your ticket to the bloke on the turn style
[Post edited 5 Jul 2017 16:17]

Hope you enjoy the game

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 16:29 - Jul 5 with 2643 viewschalkyncfc

I honestly can't see what the fuss is about just because somebody has advised you to buy your tickets from the ticket office beforehand because there are no cash turn styles, seems like good advice to me so you aware of the situation when you arrive,to go into a strop over it seems ridiculous to me,Notts use the same system and it doesn't cause any problems
AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 17:32 - Jul 5 with 2571 viewsrochdaleriddler

Thanks for the info, doesn't seem a problem to me, I'll be going, want to see the new ground

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 18:20 - Jul 5 with 2511 views442Dale

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 16:29 - Jul 5 by chalkyncfc

I honestly can't see what the fuss is about just because somebody has advised you to buy your tickets from the ticket office beforehand because there are no cash turn styles, seems like good advice to me so you aware of the situation when you arrive,to go into a strop over it seems ridiculous to me,Notts use the same system and it doesn't cause any problems

Because maybe, just maybe, a system can be improved when looking at customer feedback. If it didn't need improving there would be no need to use the word queues in the original post

If Notts have a similar issue, feel free to let that new owner chap of yours know I'm just as happy to help him as I was you.

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 18:38 - Jul 5 with 2477 viewschalkyncfc

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 18:20 - Jul 5 by 442Dale

Because maybe, just maybe, a system can be improved when looking at customer feedback. If it didn't need improving there would be no need to use the word queues in the original post

If Notts have a similar issue, feel free to let that new owner chap of yours know I'm just as happy to help him as I was you.

The nearer it gets to 3pm the more away fans think that they had better buy a ticket to get in,thereby a queue starts,tbf Fylde shouldn't worry about a queues when playing Dale
AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 21:03 - Jul 5 with 2397 viewsTVOS1907

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 18:38 - Jul 5 by chalkyncfc

The nearer it gets to 3pm the more away fans think that they had better buy a ticket to get in,thereby a queue starts,tbf Fylde shouldn't worry about a queues when playing Dale

But they'll need a system in place when Notts County's hordes visit in 2018/19...

Anyway, since records began...

Notts County's followings at Spotland

97/98: 746
04/05: 366
05/06: 374
06/07: 485
07/08: 183 (night match)
08/09: 204 (night match)
09/10: 280 (night match)
10/11: 199 (night match)
11/12: 334 (night match)
14/15: 333

Dale followings at Meadow Lane

97/98: 367
04/05: 404
05/06: 300
06/07: 389
07/08: 583
08/09: 344 (night match)
09/10: 1005 (night match)
10/11: 353 (night match)
11/12: 276
14/15: 170 (night match)

You do the Math...

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 21:20 - Jul 5 with 2370 viewschalkyncfc

09/10's 1005 for a night game is pretty impressive tbf
AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 21:30 - Jul 5 with 2354 viewsTVOS1907

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 21:20 - Jul 5 by chalkyncfc

I think that was the night Rodwell claimed we would be coming in a taxi.

He fitted in well at your club.

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 00:28 - Jul 6 with 2286 viewsShun

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 21:20 - Jul 5 by chalkyncfc

I remember that game. The lights in one of the stands all went out and the Dale crowd, almost in unison, began a quite vociferous chant of 'Pay your bills, pay your bills, pay your bills.'

That was the only slightly positive thing about that night though. It's probably the worst I've ever felt leaving a football match.
AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 11:20 - Jul 6 with 2184 viewsAtThePeake

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 00:28 - Jul 6 by Shun

I remember that game. The lights in one of the stands all went out and the Dale crowd, almost in unison, began a quite vociferous chant of 'Pay your bills, pay your bills, pay your bills.'

That was the only slightly positive thing about that night though. It's probably the worst I've ever felt leaving a football match.

Remember feeling physically sick seeing little 5/6 year old kids copying Lee Hughes' celebration.

Tangled up in blue.

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 12:07 - Jul 6 with 2128 viewschalkyncfc

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 11:20 - Jul 6 by AtThePeake

Remember feeling physically sick seeing little 5/6 year old kids copying Lee Hughes' celebration.

I hated Lee Hughes arriving at Notts,he brought nothing but trouble with him,every away game was a nightmare with opposition fans wanting a pop at you,Notts fans doing the Hughsy was embarressing to watch,he is still considered some kind of hero at ML much to my annoyance and there have been several threads tracking his progress in the footballing world on a certain Notts forum,horrible,arrogant man
AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 12:12 - Jul 6 with 2113 viewsAtThePeake

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 12:07 - Jul 6 by chalkyncfc

I hated Lee Hughes arriving at Notts,he brought nothing but trouble with him,every away game was a nightmare with opposition fans wanting a pop at you,Notts fans doing the Hughsy was embarressing to watch,he is still considered some kind of hero at ML much to my annoyance and there have been several threads tracking his progress in the footballing world on a certain Notts forum,horrible,arrogant man

F.P.C.

Fair play Chalky.

Tangled up in blue.

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 13:26 - Jul 16 with 1746 viewsR17ALE

In the end, I was persuaded to go on the basis if we got there early we'd avoid the queues and the throngs of fans turning up excitedly for a pre-season friendly.

It made a pleasant change to be able to park at a ground for free - can't remember the last time I did that. And it was a pleasant surprise to find spaces still available at 2.05pm given the OP.

And then we set off to find a queue. We found 2 - a long one and a short one. We joined the long one following the OP's advice. Turned out that was for the chippy.

Eventually we found the ticket office with a queue of 2 including me. The old bloke in front of me took ten minutes to be served after not being happy with his seat number on the ticket. He wanted Block C but they could only find Block D tickets. Obviously this chap thought we'd be bringing so many fans it would be allocated seats policy and not a sit where you like scenario that will have been the case at 100% of pre-season games involving either club for the last billion years.

Eventually the ticket office gave up telling the bloke if he wanted Block C he'd have to buy his ticket at the club shop!

Finally I got to buy a seat in the main stand and was told it was segregated (pre-season friendly) and would have to enter the ground at Gate 1. When I eventually found it, despite asking security which way Gate 1 was only to be told "I don't know!" it had a roller shutter over it. After going to Gate 4 I was refused admission and was told to go to Gate 3 which took some finding as it didn't have a number above it unlike Gates 1 and 4.

I finally sat down in a random seat at 2.50pm meaning it had taken 45 minutes to get out of the car, have a brief chat in their excellent bar, and get into the ground.

If they ever get into the Football League, they'll have to do a lot better than this! And I suppose the OP was, in the end, vindicated!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2017 13:28]

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 14:58 - Jul 16 with 1634 viewsroccydaleian

AFC Fylde v Rochdale Pre-Season Friendly Ticket information on 12:12 - Jul 6 by AtThePeake

F.P.C.

Fair play Chalky.

F.O.D.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024