Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team selection 23:12 - Jan 1 with 4742 viewshxdale

Obviously bunney wasn't suited in playing more upfront today, not even on bench.. bit harsh.. what does that mean does hechave a position now if Done is playing there, does hill preference Done. ? McNulty on bench clearly he has fallen out of favour if other players favoured before him. Keane is a leader yet on bench. Will we see Kitching next match or will he be on bench for me today he offered nothing. Taking Rathbone off then him going down tunnel all seems very odd... Where is the team spirit and togetherness..?
Team selection on 23:26 - Jan 1 with 4711 viewsValleySaddler

Bunney is ill
Team selection on 00:26 - Jan 2 with 4634 viewsShun

Kitching was anonymous today, but that's twice this season he's scored late goals from similar positions in minimal appearances, so he might be worth a place on that alone.
Team selection on 00:45 - Jan 2 with 4613 viewsD_Alien

Team selection on 00:26 - Jan 2 by Shun

Kitching was anonymous today, but that's twice this season he's scored late goals from similar positions in minimal appearances, so he might be worth a place on that alone.

Good point about his seeming ability to sniff out goals, but i'd go further

I thought he had his best game (that i've seen) for Dale. Nothing that really caught the eye, just solid in everything he did plus a decent run and cross in the first half when under pressure

Definitely something to work on, just needs more game time and probably a more consistent and confident framework around him

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Team selection on 07:49 - Jan 2 with 4488 viewsDaleFan7

I think that's harsh on Kitching. I think he played quite well being asked to do the nothingness role in between the defence and midfield. He did more yesterday than Camps and Rathbone have done between them for the last 2 month!
Team selection on 09:20 - Jan 2 with 4392 viewsIknoweverything

Team selection on 07:49 - Jan 2 by DaleFan7

I think that's harsh on Kitching. I think he played quite well being asked to do the nothingness role in between the defence and midfield. He did more yesterday than Camps and Rathbone have done between them for the last 2 month!

I would agree with that. Rathbone, in particular, seems to have lost the energy of last season. Camps has always been an up and down player, but more down than up this season.
Team selection on 09:47 - Jan 2 with 4346 viewsdingdangblue

Team selection on 09:20 - Jan 2 by Iknoweverything

I would agree with that. Rathbone, in particular, seems to have lost the energy of last season. Camps has always been an up and down player, but more down than up this season.

Rathbone just seems to be being told to stop an opposition player each game at the minute (Ryan yesterday) - we might as well be down to 10 men when he's doing that. His game is so much more than that. We've got 2 cup games now to basically try and turn our season around - a win in either could give the team so much confidence to carry into the league. Back to basics - play a balanced team and play players in their correct positions.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Team selection on 09:58 - Jan 2 with 4316 viewsParkinsGimp

Team selection on 23:26 - Jan 1 by ValleySaddler

Bunney is ill

And really he's not that good...honestly ...he's not the Messiah. He is League Two standard I'm afraid in whatever position you play him. Worries me that we search for heroes in mediocre or even P!ssPoor players ( Calvin Andrew)
Team selection on 10:48 - Jan 2 with 4249 viewsNorthernDale

Bunney is not a natural defender, but his best position is on the wing and on his day, he is one of the best players in terms of delivering the ball into the box. The problem is we have too many league 2 players, Thompson as never been anything more then a poor and best an average league 2 player and picking him is pure sentiment, which we cannot afford in our position, this applies to his favourite Andrews, Nithe has pace, but little ability, Williams needs time to develop and Inman as talent, but is most of time is ineffectual. Thankfully it looks like Slew as gone. I believe we have good players, but why are they not picked, for example yesterday where was Morley and Gillam, why was Keane and McNulty on the bench.

KH needs to pick his best team and also keep the ball on the ground and use pace to open the oppositions defence, rather then booting it up the ,meadow, which is not a style of football we are suited for.

- Lillis
- Rafferty (if not fit Cannon), McGahey, Keane, Daniels, Bunney
- Cannon (2nd choice would be Kitching), Camps, Rathbone
- Done , Henderson
Login to get fewer ads

Team selection on 11:31 - Jan 2 with 4175 viewsDaleFan7

I'd drop Lillis for a while too, his head doesn't seem in the game at the moment and he's costing us goals. Yesterday was another example, he dropped the ball several times from crosses, his punches from balls into the box were ill-timed and unnecessary, luckily Blackpool didn't have the quality to punish them particular mistakes.
Team selection on 19:00 - Jan 2 with 3887 viewsDalenet

Team selection on 23:26 - Jan 1 by ValleySaddler

Bunney is ill

Was he? He seemed fine in the main lounge before and after the game and when Beech announced the team selection he just said that Bunney hadn't been selected today. He had clearly come in to play because he had his washbag with him.
Team selection on 12:58 - Jan 3 with 3587 viewsboromat

Kitching for me did very well without doing anything to make him stand out. And I'd rather have that than the howlers we've seen from other players being tried in central midfield.

Rathbone's best games for us have been when he's played wide left. I think it was the end of last season and in the preseason games this time he was played there.

It's a similar story with Cannon he's supposedly a central midfielder but his best performances have been wide right.

We desperately need a good solid central midfielder to come in for me. Unless Kitching or another steps up to the mark very soon. I think with M.J.Williams going back we'll at the very least see a loan signing come in.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024