Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MK Dons (H) 15:25 - Feb 20 with 6113 viewsShun

With the performances we've had over the past few weeks it really should be a case of anything but a win from this match is a disappointment. They're bottom of the form table having only got 1 point from their last 6 games. We're 3rd to bottom but that's just league results. In all competitions they've lost their past 6.

Last 6 results:

Dale 2-2 Spurs
Brovers 3-2 Dale
Dale 1-0 Millwall
Northampton 0-1 Dale
Millwall 2-2 Dale
Gills 2-1 Dale

MK 1-2 Charlton
Oldham 1-0 MK
MK 1-2 Portsmouth
Walsall 1-0 MK
MK 0-1 Coventry
Northampton 2-1 MK

After Sunday I think it could go either way. Either we'll be so hyped up and full of confidence that we put in another excellent performance, or we're so physically and mentally exhausted that we just flop. I'd personally start the same team as against Spurs though. Given that tomorrow's game is more important (opponent-wise) than Saturday's I'd save any rotation for then before the Wembley replay.

I'm feeling relatively confident for this one. Having said that, we haven't beaten them in our past 9 attempts!
MK Dons (H) on 15:33 - Feb 20 with 4841 viewsDaleiLama

How long was Calvin expected to be out for? Available for tonight or not?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

MK Dons (H) on 15:34 - Feb 20 with 4838 viewsTVOS1907

MK Dons (H) on 15:33 - Feb 20 by DaleiLama

How long was Calvin expected to be out for? Available for tonight or not?

No idea, but as long as he's available for tomorrow night...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

MK Dons (H) on 15:35 - Feb 20 with 4831 viewsDaleiLama

MK Dons (H) on 15:34 - Feb 20 by TVOS1907

No idea, but as long as he's available for tomorrow night...

I fancied going for a pint with him tonight!
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 15:36]

MK Dons (H) on 15:42 - Feb 20 with 4800 viewsShun

I was really impressed with Humphrys on Sunday. He seems just as strong as Calvin and equally able to hold the ball up, but has a lot more pace and a greater ability to run with the ball. I'd play him ahead of Calvin regardless.
MK Dons (H) on 15:45 - Feb 20 with 4792 viewsDaleiLama

MK Dons (H) on 15:42 - Feb 20 by Shun

I was really impressed with Humphrys on Sunday. He seems just as strong as Calvin and equally able to hold the ball up, but has a lot more pace and a greater ability to run with the ball. I'd play him ahead of Calvin regardless.

Swings and roundabouts for me. You've identified the plus points - on t'other side of the scales, Calvin defends far better imho and he also has more guile. probably only a fag paper in it, but Calvin will have fresher legs, hence why I wondered. I won't let him have more than 2 pints tonight either!

MK Dons (H) on 15:48 - Feb 20 with 4769 viewsD_Alien

MK Dons (H) on 15:42 - Feb 20 by Shun

The bloke next to me had travelled down from Dumphries for his first Dale game, he has family here. He was asking me about Humphrys, and though i had little enough info he was absolutely raving about his performance

I agree. Whilst Calvin has been fantastic recently, starting with Humphrys would be just as good

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

MK Dons (H) on 18:36 - Feb 20 with 4605 viewsD_Dale

About MKD's recent form, it's perhaps worth mentioning that all six defeats have been by the odd goal (rather like several Dale defeats).

There are no easy games in this L1 -come early May, I'd not be surprised if (unlike most previous seasons) 50 points proves insufficient to avoid relegation.

The expectation of 3 points tomorrow puts a lot of pressure on Hill and the players. It'll be interesting to see what the line-up is.
MK Dons (H) on 18:53 - Feb 20 with 4548 viewsfitzochris

MK Dons (H) on 15:48 - Feb 20 by D_Alien

The bloke next to me had travelled down from Dumphries for his first Dale game, he has family here. He was asking me about Humphrys, and though i had little enough info he was absolutely raving about his performance

I agree. Whilst Calvin has been fantastic recently, starting with Humphrys would be just as good

Chris Dumphries?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

MK Dons (H) on 19:11 - Feb 20 with 4474 viewsSuddenLad

MK Dons (H) on 18:53 - Feb 20 by fitzochris

Chris Dumphries?

Or Barry ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

MK Dons (H) on 20:13 - Feb 20 with 4356 viewsShun

I was heartened to see today that we've actually conceded less goals than anyone outside the play-offs bar Gillingham. Of course, part of that will be down to us playing 4, 5 or 6 games less than a lot of teams, but it still shows our defence isn't actually as bad as it sometimes gets made out to be.
MK Dons (H) on 20:25 - Feb 20 with 4308 viewsDaleiLama

MK Dons (H) on 15:48 - Feb 20 by D_Alien

I hope you didn't try to take his Gal away?
Spelling on patrol in this area!

MK Dons (H) on 20:35 - Feb 20 with 4272 viewsD_Alien

MK Dons (H) on 20:25 - Feb 20 by DaleiLama

I hope you didn't try to take his Gal away?
Spelling on patrol in this area!

It could've been "Je ne reGretna rien" if you'll excuse my French!

But have to admit, if his gal had seen us hugging at full time she might've been a bit confused...

MK Dons (H) on 20:46 - Feb 20 with 4237 viewsMolly

MK Dons (H) on 20:35 - Feb 20 by D_Alien

It could've been "Je ne reGretna rien" if you'll excuse my French!

But have to admit, if his gal had seen us hugging at full time she might've been a bit confused...

Was she called Ann an obvious Gal next door? I believe she's quite athletic.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 20:57]
MK Dons (H) on 21:26 - Feb 20 with 4168 viewsD_Alien

MK Dons (H) on 20:46 - Feb 20 by Molly

Was she called Ann an obvious Gal next door? I believe she's quite athletic.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 20:57]

No, but had a sister Ann, raer lass

[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 21:27]

MK Dons (H) on 23:18 - Feb 20 with 3985 viewsboromat

I'd be playing our strongest team tomorrow and Saturday. And it might not be popular but I'd field a very different team against Spurs. They'll have us sussed now so we'll have to play differently anyway might aswell give an opportunity to Adshead, Rathbone etc.

The other side of this is freshness as well with a lot of the loan players ineligible for the cup they may be chosen in the next two. Wiseman for example.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

MK Dons (H) on 00:04 - Feb 21 with 3931 viewsScunnydale

I was thinking about a relatively alternative 11. We seem to have options now.

GK: Lillis/Moore
Backline: Raff/Cannon...Wiseman/McGahey....McNulty/Delaney....Done/Hart/Ntlhe
Midfield: Rathbone/Camps/Cannon/Kitching/Knott/Inman
Wingers: Thompson/Dobre
Forwards: Calvin (inj?)/Henderson/Humphrys/Davies

If we're going to change from the Spurs match, I was reckoning:

Lillis
Rafferty...Wiseman...McNulty...Delaney...Hart
Rathbone...Knott...Kitching
Henderson...Calvin/Humphrys...Dobre
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 0:05]
MK Dons (H) on 00:56 - Feb 21 with 3884 viewsJimmyRustler

MK Dons (H) on 23:18 - Feb 20 by boromat

I'd be playing our strongest team tomorrow and Saturday. And it might not be popular but I'd field a very different team against Spurs. They'll have us sussed now so we'll have to play differently anyway might aswell give an opportunity to Adshead, Rathbone etc.

The other side of this is freshness as well with a lot of the loan players ineligible for the cup they may be chosen in the next two. Wiseman for example.

There's a chance we will change the team around anyway in the replay purely due to a different footballing approach. Are we really gonna try and go toe to toe with Spurs at Wembley like we did in the home tie? If not then pace could be the order of the day in terms of a counter attacking mentality and so players like Dobre could well slot into the team
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 0:57]
MK Dons (H) on 11:01 - Feb 21 with 3508 viewsDaley_Lama

Are we on ST number 13 tonight please peeps?

Poll: DF in or out

MK Dons (H) on 11:06 - Feb 21 with 3498 viewsSuddenLad

MK Dons (H) on 00:56 - Feb 21 by JimmyRustler

There's a chance we will change the team around anyway in the replay purely due to a different footballing approach. Are we really gonna try and go toe to toe with Spurs at Wembley like we did in the home tie? If not then pace could be the order of the day in terms of a counter attacking mentality and so players like Dobre could well slot into the team
[Post edited 21 Feb 2018 0:57]

Dobre is ineligible for our FA Cup matches. He's cup-tied.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

MK Dons (H) on 11:08 - Feb 21 with 3487 viewsDaleiLama

MK Dons (H) on 11:01 - Feb 21 by Daley_Lama

Are we on ST number 13 tonight please peeps?

Yep. Unlucky for MK Dons hopefully?

MK Dons (H) on 11:41 - Feb 21 with 3421 viewsDaley_Lama

Ta

Poll: DF in or out

MK Dons (H) on 13:26 - Feb 21 with 3231 viewsJimmyRustler

MK Dons (H) on 11:06 - Feb 21 by SuddenLad

Dobre is ineligible for our FA Cup matches. He's cup-tied.

Didn't know that. Maybe Knott then? Either way, I do think we will take a different approach.
MK Dons (H) on 13:30 - Feb 21 with 3224 viewsTVOS1907

MK Dons (H) on 13:26 - Feb 21 by JimmyRustler

Didn't know that. Maybe Knott then? Either way, I do think we will take a different approach.

He’s cup tied too.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

MK Dons (H) on 13:33 - Feb 21 with 3213 viewsjudd

MK Dons (H) on 13:30 - Feb 21 by TVOS1907

He’s cup tied too.

Arf!

Poll: What is it to be then?

MK Dons (H) on 13:40 - Feb 21 with 3186 viewsD_Alien

We've had some decent weather these past few days, so it'll be interesting to see how the pitch plays after Sunday and Hornets on Monday, but also having had an extra few days to bed in

There was definitely an element of "newly laid pitch" about it against Spurs (and probably what Moura was complaining about) but to a much lesser degree i'd say than last February's newly laid pitch

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024