Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What have we got left and what do we need? - Updated 18:59 - May 15 with 9944 viewsisitme

With the belated announcement of the retained list what do we need for next season? I believe the following are under contract:

Updated Squad

Lillis - Moore - (Wade)

Rafferty - Finnerty - McNulty - Delaney - Ntlhe - Done

Perkins - Camps - Rathbone - Morley - Adshead - (Cannon)

Andrew - Henderson- Williams - Dooley - Gillam - (Thompson)

Including Adshead that gives us 14 players under contract. I would not be surprised if Ntlhe and Williams were available for transfer given the right circumstances. I expect all of the players bar McGahey to sign the contracts offered to them. Someone will offer him more money than we can. I think Cannon's lack of games earlier in the season will count against him, so a bit like Rafferty last season he will probably stay as he cannot find a better deal.

I would suggest that we need the following, assuming we will play 352 for most of next season:

- Back up for Rafferty.

- Two centre backs. One to replace McGahey and a back up.

- Left wing back. I am assuming that Nthle will not be with us by the start of next season.

- Two midfielders (three if Cannon leaves). One experienced holding player who would start and another who can play further forward who could challenge to start.

- A striker to play with Henderson so that Calvin can become more of a squad/spot starter.

- A forward with pace who could operate wide or off the top.

For me the two key signings would be a first choice striker to play with Henderson and an influential holding midfielder. I would not be surprised if Williams who we had on loan from Liverpool is signed, if available.
[Post edited 1 Jun 2018 9:13]
What have we got left and what do we need? on 07:24 - May 22 with 2799 viewsBigDaveMyCock

What have we got left and what do we need? on 07:09 - May 22 by TVOS1907

Ray Putterill.

All Curran did was get sent-off against bury in the JPT for diving in on their keeper at the Sandy..

That’s the one.

I always remember when Hilly came in the second time and said that the slate was clean and everybody would get a chance to impress. Each player got a bit of game time - Grimes and Gornell got minutes - even Dele played a bit early in his second tenure. Everyone except Curran, who I think made the bench as a pure act of tokenism. Spoke volumes. You could almost hear Hilly muttering, “fook me there’s limits to this philanthropy you know.”
[Post edited 22 May 2018 7:43]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

What have we got left and what do we need? on 10:44 - May 22 with 2657 viewskiwidale

What have we got left and what do we need? on 07:24 - May 22 by BigDaveMyCock

That’s the one.

I always remember when Hilly came in the second time and said that the slate was clean and everybody would get a chance to impress. Each player got a bit of game time - Grimes and Gornell got minutes - even Dele played a bit early in his second tenure. Everyone except Curran, who I think made the bench as a pure act of tokenism. Spoke volumes. You could almost hear Hilly muttering, “fook me there’s limits to this philanthropy you know.”
[Post edited 22 May 2018 7:43]

Is this the Curran who played in the FA cup win against Leeds and supplied the cross for Henderson's worldly winner?

This is not the time for bickering.

What have we got left and what do we need? on 10:51 - May 22 with 2644 viewsTVOS1907

What have we got left and what do we need? on 10:44 - May 22 by kiwidale

Is this the Curran who played in the FA cup win against Leeds and supplied the cross for Henderson's worldly winner?

No, he was called Cummings.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

What have we got left and what do we need? on 11:17 - May 22 with 2613 viewskiwidale

What have we got left and what do we need? on 10:51 - May 22 by TVOS1907

cheers

This is not the time for bickering.

What have we got left and what do we need? on 11:43 - May 22 with 2567 viewsBrierls

What have we got left and what do we need? on 10:51 - May 22 by TVOS1907

No, he was called Cummins.

What have we got left and what do we need? on 11:54 - May 22 with 2536 viewsTVOS1907

What have we got left and what do we need? on 11:43 - May 22 by Brierls

No, he was called Cummins.

Ha, good spot.

What have we got left and what do we need? on 19:37 - May 22 with 2300 viewsD_Dale

Has Kristian Davies been mentioned anywhere on this forum?

21 goals in 48 appearances for Chesterfield last season, but says he wants to get back into the EFL for next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44209843

He'll probably end up at Peterborough.
What have we got left and what do we need? on 19:50 - May 22 with 2287 views442Dale

I like how Martin Allen updates their website with transfer news.

https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/2018/may/20180522-third-deal-today-comple

<<Good evening.

Tonight we have signed a centre-back called Michael Nelson on a one-year contract.

Michael is very old with great experience and good knowledge. He is a leader of men and he knows how to win games.

He is as fit as a butcher's dog and he is a great man to work with.

Take care.

Martin>>

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

What have we got left and what do we need? on 19:56 - May 22 with 2270 viewsColDale

What have we got left and what do we need? on 19:50 - May 22 by 442Dale

https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/2018/may/20180522-third-deal-today-comple

<<Good evening.

Tonight we have signed a centre-back called Michael Nelson on a one-year contract.

Michael is very old with great experience and good knowledge. He is a leader of men and he knows how to win games.

Take care.

Martin>>

The ex Bury Michael Nelson? He was a great defender in his day but his day was 15 years ago.
What have we got left and what do we need? on 20:05 - May 22 with 2258 viewsTVOS1907

<<Good evening.

Take care.

Martin>>

Manager's column?

He's even brought a Barnet shirt with him...
[Post edited 22 May 2018 20:05]

What have we got left and what do we need? on 20:25 - May 22 with 2204 viewsAtThePeake

<<Good evening.

Take care.

Martin>>

This is my favourite thing that has ever happened on an official club website.

It's not just the signings they've made today, he's also updated with news of Kristian Dennis being transfer listed and a new physio appointment.

Tangled up in blue.

What have we got left and what do we need? on 21:06 - May 23 with 1966 viewsfitzochris

What have we got left and what do we need? on 19:37 - May 22 by D_Dale

Has Kristian Davies been mentioned anywhere on this forum?

21 goals in 48 appearances for Chesterfield last season, but says he wants to get back into the EFL for next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44209843

He'll probably end up at Peterborough.

Kristian DENNIS will cost £100k, plus a decent contract. A few League Two clubs plus Burton are pursuing this. No mention of us.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

What have we got left and what do we need? - Updated on 09:20 - Jun 1 with 1650 viewsisitme

With the signings of Finnerty, Perkins and Dooley and the contract extension for Gillam we now have 18 players under contract (see original post for updated squad).

From my original list of needs:

- Back up for Rafferty.

- Two centre backs. One to replace McGahey and a back up.

- Left wing back. I am assuming that Nthle will not be with us by the start of next season.

- Two midfielders (three if Cannon leaves). One experienced holding player who would start and another who can play further forward who could challenge to start.

- A striker to play with Henderson so that Calvin can become more of a squad/spot starter.

- A forward with pace who could operate wide or off the top.

We still need back up for Rafferty, one centre back (assuming McGahey leaves), although one player could fill both of those roles, a midfielder (two if Cannon leaves) and a front line striker. I would also like a new left sided player to replace Ntlhe.

Recruitment wise we appear to be doing well. A striker is the main target which remains to be filled.
What have we got left and what do we need? on 09:36 - Jun 1 with 1607 viewsmacro

What have we got left and what do we need? on 21:06 - May 23 by fitzochris

Kristian DENNIS will cost £100k, plus a decent contract. A few League Two clubs plus Burton are pursuing this. No mention of us.

Signed for Notts County
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024