Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Perkins Returns 13:42 - May 24 with 17906 viewsChaffRAFC

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

David Perkins Returns on 15:39 - May 24 with 3868 viewsfitzochris

David Perkins Returns on 15:07 - May 24 by Dale92

https://www.wiganathletic.com/news/2018/may/a-tribute-to-perks-from-his-best-mat

Good piece by Max Power and Wigan

"Rochdale are getting not only a great player, but a great person who will help all of the younger lads in the dressing room."

Aye, Max, we know

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

David Perkins Returns on 15:46 - May 24 with 3812 viewsD_Alien

Even if he'd not got the history with us, this would represent the perfect signing of an experienced midfielder we've been crying out for. But of course, Perks has unfinished business with Dale, after the playoff semi...

No negatives whatsoever, although people will always find some, that single cloud in an otherwise clear blue sky. My expectations aren't that he'll be the sole reason we should be a better team next season, but it's one heck of a missing piece in the jigsaw
[Post edited 24 May 2018 15:48]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

David Perkins Returns on 16:07 - May 24 with 3728 viewsaleanddale

David Perkins Returns on 15:46 - May 24 by D_Alien

Even if he'd not got the history with us, this would represent the perfect signing of an experienced midfielder we've been crying out for. But of course, Perks has unfinished business with Dale, after the playoff semi...

No negatives whatsoever, although people will always find some, that single cloud in an otherwise clear blue sky. My expectations aren't that he'll be the sole reason we should be a better team next season, but it's one heck of a missing piece in the jigsaw
[Post edited 24 May 2018 15:48]

Well put...

Wow - just logged on to that news ( out of the blue !!!! ).

If this is an indication of what's to come next season should be a belter.

Very happy with this news..... and the comment I will be one of the fittest players out there!!

David Perkins Returns on 16:23 - May 24 with 3668 viewsSaxonDale

Can't think of a player that we've been linked with for a longer period than Perkins. Seemed that there's been speculation with him returning here for the last 9 or so years.

Brilliant signing- ticks every box that we needed from a midfielder. Absolutely delighted with this news.
David Perkins Returns on 16:25 - May 24 with 3661 viewsCedar_Room

just a note of caution - he will be 36 when the season starts and made 1 (one) appearance in the League last season. Whilst he has probably moved to us to see more game time, I doubt very much we will be seeing the same David Perkins of 10 years ago.
David Perkins Returns on 16:30 - May 24 with 3636 viewsSaxonDale

David Perkins Returns on 16:25 - May 24 by Cedar_Room

just a note of caution - he will be 36 when the season starts and made 1 (one) appearance in the League last season. Whilst he has probably moved to us to see more game time, I doubt very much we will be seeing the same David Perkins of 10 years ago.

Agreed but the Perkins of 10 years ago isn't what is needed right now. If he only moves 10 yards horizontally all game playing simply 10 yard passes that would be more than good enough. What we do need is defensive protection, someone who can get the best out of the midfield and be a leader- I think Perkins will offer that.
David Perkins Returns on 17:00 - May 24 with 3523 viewsYouTubeDale

He still looks fit and hopefully he hasn’t lost his tenacity. Hill will have to use him strategically, so another option.

Certainly will add to the spirit of the dressing room which is a good thing.

I was only looking at THAT goal the other day...

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

David Perkins Returns on 17:02 - May 24 with 3518 viewsswindondale

David Perkins Returns on 16:25 - May 24 by Cedar_Room

Not sure where you got this info from of him only having one appearance last year. Soccerbase has him making 13 League appearances in 17/18 and 5 in the FA Cup, with 21 in total. Great signing for the Team. He brings experience and enthusiasm and should help the youngsters tremendously not only on the pitch but also within the changing room and training.
Login to get fewer ads

David Perkins Returns on 17:24 - May 24 with 3429 views442Dale

We need an experienced player who can manage games. That it’s someone whose game, by his own admission, has evolved to provide not only that but a player who the manager trusts then I can see no issues with this at all.

The age thing isn’t even worth discussing as the game has changed and teams evolve over a couple of years. Perkins, injuries permitting, will give us excellent service in that time. With total certainty it’s possible to say that we wouldn’t have been battling to avoid the drop on the final day of the season if we had had him in the squad last season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

David Perkins Returns on 17:43 - May 24 with 3349 views1907

Age is a mere number these days, nothing riles me more than hearing people complain about it.

This isn’t a 36 year old journey man, lager lout looking for a final pay off. This lad has turned down a contract with a championship club to come to us for one thing, to play football.

He’s as fit as a fiddle and always has been. He’s a fine tuned athlete that’s been in the game and been well looked after all his career.

More and more players will play on till their 40 as times moves on. The experience Perkins brings to our team is amazing and invaluable.

Let’s also not forget that Ian Henderson is far and away the fittest player in the squad and also happens to be the oldest!

This is a truly amazing signing everyone should be well proud and excited by!

Up the Dale!
David Perkins Returns on 17:52 - May 24 with 3297 viewsMIlnrowdale

David Perkins Returns on 17:43 - May 24 by 1907

Age is a mere number these days, nothing riles me more than hearing people complain about it.

This isn’t a 36 year old journey man, lager lout looking for a final pay off. This lad has turned down a contract with a championship club to come to us for one thing, to play football.

He’s as fit as a fiddle and always has been. He’s a fine tuned athlete that’s been in the game and been well looked after all his career.

More and more players will play on till their 40 as times moves on. The experience Perkins brings to our team is amazing and invaluable.

Let’s also not forget that Ian Henderson is far and away the fittest player in the squad and also happens to be the oldest!

This is a truly amazing signing everyone should be well proud and excited by!

Up the Dale!

Was never his biggest fan, but he definitely is what is needed at the moment, my only concern is with the way he plays the game and having Henderson in the same team could very easily end up with 9 men in a game
David Perkins Returns on 18:01 - May 24 with 3261 viewsBrierls

Really pleased with this signing, Perkins is exactly what we missed in midfield last season.

Don't expect him to be the lung busting, all action, box to box midfielder that he was in his first spell. He won't be. But that's OK because we need him to be that experienced head who will manage the game and tempo in midfield.

He's as fit as a butchers dog, I've got no qualms about his age. If he was even a couple years younger, knowing what he knows now, he'd walk into a Championship side.

Great signing.
David Perkins Returns on 18:03 - May 24 with 3255 viewsColDale

Longest suspension in the history of the club
David Perkins Returns on 18:16 - May 24 with 3182 viewsaleanddale

David Perkins Returns on 17:00 - May 24 by YouTubeDale

He still looks fit and hopefully he hasn’t lost his tenacity. Hill will have to use him strategically, so another option.

Easily in my Top 5 Dale Games

Leeds in the cup / Northampton promotion although not a classic more the occasion.

Charlton this season for obvious reasons the crowd was excellent as discussed to death.

that leaves one more

either the 4-3 v Cambridge after being 3-1 down or MK with 2 late goals to pick their pockets...

What a goal by the way - Roy of the rovers finishing that was!!
David Perkins Returns on 18:23 - May 24 with 3148 viewsdingdangblue

David Perkins Returns on 18:03 - May 24 by ColDale

Longest suspension in the history of the club

It must have been torture sitting on that line for 10 years! 😉 👍🏻

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

David Perkins Returns on 18:26 - May 24 with 3131 viewsdingdangblue

David Perkins Returns on 18:16 - May 24 by aleanddale

Leeds in the cup / Northampton promotion although not a classic more the occasion.

Charlton this season for obvious reasons the crowd was excellent as discussed to death.

that leaves one more

either the 4-3 v Cambridge after being 3-1 down or MK with 2 late goals to pick their pockets...

Erm...without stating the obvious... 2-2 v Spurs? 😮

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

David Perkins Returns on 18:26 - May 24 with 3128 views100notout

David Perkins Returns on 18:16 - May 24 by aleanddale

that leaves one more

Tottenham at home A&D?

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

David Perkins Returns on 19:53 - May 24 with 2848 viewspnc4eva1

David Perkins Returns on 17:00 - May 24 by YouTubeDale

I still get angry over that red card

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

David Perkins Returns on 19:57 - May 24 with 2831 viewsCedar_Room

David Perkins Returns on 17:02 - May 24 by swindondale

Not sure where you got this info from of him only having one appearance last year. Soccerbase has him making 13 League appearances in 17/18 and 5 in the FA Cup, with 21 in total. Great signing for the Team. He brings experience and enthusiasm and should help the youngsters tremendously not only on the pitch but also within the changing room and training.

Er I got my stats from the always reliable ‘Wikipedia’
13 is obviously better than 1 but for me the point remains he was only a marginal player and with another year under his belt I’m not sure what we can expect from him next season. I’ll remain cautiously optimistic until I see him in the flesh again (and FWIW I loved Perkins he’d probably be in my all time Dale XI)
David Perkins Returns on 20:16 - May 24 with 2769 viewsCanaDale

David Perkins Returns on 20:31 - May 24 with 2713 viewsColDale

David Perkins Returns on 17:24 - May 24 by 442Dale

We need an experienced player who can manage games. That it’s someone whose game, by his own admission, has evolved to provide not only that but a player who the manager trusts then I can see no issues with this at all.

The age thing isn’t even worth discussing as the game has changed and teams evolve over a couple of years. Perkins, injuries permitting, will give us excellent service in that time. With total certainty it’s possible to say that we wouldn’t have been battling to avoid the drop on the final day of the season if we had had him in the squad last season.

That game management is the key thing. I know people talked about fitness being the reason behind the late goals but we failed to control games at key times and were left finishing games in our own half. Perkins will be perfect at doing that.

He won't run over every blade of grass like the old days, but ask him to play that Cav role and he'll be perfect at it.
David Perkins Returns on 20:38 - May 24 with 2684 viewsisitme

He will still be quicker and a better passer than Cav. We have been crying out for a holding midfielder for ages. Morley and Adshead should be like sponges around Perkins.
David Perkins Returns on 20:56 - May 24 with 2603 viewsDaleiLama

In the games we were most effective last season, we didn't by-pass midfield. There's even less excuse to next year as a result of this. Save me a seat on the happy bandwagon!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

David Perkins Returns on 21:02 - May 24 with 2571 viewsTVOS1907

… not to forget his hat-trick at Chesterfield.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

David Perkins Returns on 21:23 - May 24 with 2509 viewsleedsdale

That first touch for his second goal is world class
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024