Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bets for the season 08:47 - Jul 21 with 5447 viewsrichfoad32

I'm going to sit down today and have a study up before deciding which bookie will be the lucky recipient of my useless punts for the season. I don't go mad, it's just a bit of added interest.......Anybody got any tips/hunches? Optimistically, Dale are 40/1 to win the league, 6/1 Top 6. On the flip side, we're 3/1 for the drop and 16/1 to finish rock bottom. Can't see either scenario to be honest but they don't give odds for 'safe mid-table finish'. 9/4 to be top North West club seems to be the only vaguely tempting bet involving Dale.

I like Plymouth at 4/1 to finish top 6 as I was impressed with them last season and will be interested to see what odds Tom Bradshaw is when they release the lists for top goalscorer (though he'll probably be quite short). Anyone else got any thoughts? They don't have to be Dale or League One related, though I've got very little interest in the Premier League.
Bets for the season on 09:17 - Jul 21 with 5410 viewsKoober1974

Salford city should be contenders for the lower league and I was going to plump for Coventry but they have sold McNulty so unless they can replace him i think they might get to the play offs....Just.
Bets for the season on 09:47 - Jul 21 with 5369 viewsAtThePeake

Man City
West Brom
Charlton
Lincoln
Salford

E/W outright acca.

Tangled up in blue.

Bets for the season on 10:08 - Jul 21 with 5333 viewsrichfoad32

Bets for the season on 09:47 - Jul 21 by AtThePeake

Man City
West Brom
Charlton
Lincoln
Salford

E/W outright acca.

What do they pay for E/W, is it top 2 or 3? Not sure I get all the fuss about Salford, they're massive favourites but it's a bastard division to get out of and throwing money at players doesn't always work. Rooney has a great track record in Scotland but has hardly pulled up any trees in previous spells south of the border, albeit he's playing at a lower level this time. Lincoln could be a good shout.
Bets for the season on 10:18 - Jul 21 with 5310 viewsfitzochris

Bets for the season on 10:08 - Jul 21 by richfoad32

What do they pay for E/W, is it top 2 or 3? Not sure I get all the fuss about Salford, they're massive favourites but it's a bastard division to get out of and throwing money at players doesn't always work. Rooney has a great track record in Scotland but has hardly pulled up any trees in previous spells south of the border, albeit he's playing at a lower level this time. Lincoln could be a good shout.

If injury free, Rooney will be far too good for that level.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bets for the season on 10:35 - Jul 21 with 5270 viewsrichfoad32

Bets for the season on 10:18 - Jul 21 by fitzochris

If injury free, Rooney will be far too good for that level.

Thanks. It appears the bookies are in agreement with you, he's 6/4 favourite to finish top goalscorer. I like watching the Scottish football, it's a real shame for Aberdeen they couldn't hang on to him.
Bets for the season on 10:48 - Jul 21 with 5236 viewschalky_ncfc

Get yer money on Notts to be League 2 champions now that we have got rid of the deadwood

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Bets for the season on 11:18 - Jul 21 with 5207 viewsrichfoad32

Bets for the season on 10:48 - Jul 21 by chalky_ncfc

Get yer money on Notts to be League 2 champions now that we have got rid of the deadwood

7/1 second favourites Chalky, pressure is on Nolan to do well this season. Looks like you've got some firepower up front with Dennis and Kane Hemmings. Hemmings is another one who until last season didn't really prove himself in England but has a good record in Scottish football. Any opinions on him Fitzochris?
Bets for the season on 11:27 - Jul 21 with 5194 viewsfitzochris

Bets for the season on 11:18 - Jul 21 by richfoad32

7/1 second favourites Chalky, pressure is on Nolan to do well this season. Looks like you've got some firepower up front with Dennis and Kane Hemmings. Hemmings is another one who until last season didn't really prove himself in England but has a good record in Scottish football. Any opinions on him Fitzochris?

A decent finisher when supplied with decent service - but has looked a touch behind the pace when playing in England, though.

I find this surprising as, say what you like about the standard of Scottish football, one thing it isn’t is slow.

Login to get fewer ads

Bets for the season on 11:29 - Jul 21 with 5187 viewsAtThePeake

Top 3 with BetVictor, would imagine it's 3 with most.

I never used to place season-long bets, but two years ago I picked all four league winners (Chelsea, Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Portsmouth) and never placed it. Can't live with the same regret again so have to have a few quid on now!

Tangled up in blue.

Bets for the season on 18:30 - Jul 21 with 4932 viewsmikehunt

Best NW club could well be Accy. I think people have forgotten about them but I have a feeling they will stir this division up a bit. Coleman has always been able to fire his sides up against decent opposition in the cups. Could well be the division's surprises if they keep the momentum from last season.
What are their odds?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Bets for the season on 19:55 - Jul 21 with 4818 viewsrichfoad32

Bets for the season on 18:30 - Jul 21 by mikehunt

Best NW club could well be Accy. I think people have forgotten about them but I have a feeling they will stir this division up a bit. Coleman has always been able to fire his sides up against decent opposition in the cups. Could well be the division's surprises if they keep the momentum from last season.
What are their odds?

Accy 6/1 to finish best NW club, 5/4 FAV to be relegated or if you fancy them to crack the Top 6 it's 16/1 (which I think is a bit stingy). Not convinced they'll have a major impact on the division but you're spot on about Coleman being able to fire them up and I reckon they'll at least get off to a flier before fading. Should have enough about them to avoid the drop and I hope they do.
Bets for the season on 21:16 - Jul 23 with 4427 viewsblackdogblue

16-1 rock bottom has got to be worth a fiver, should the word end, £85 would be enough to drown sorrows on the last day .. 😃

Read somewhere last season someone bet a tenner on every away game defeat for their club, if they won he travelled back happy, if not it pretty much paid his ticket in at least so not so bad...

Method in the madness somewhere..

Would edge bets with a play off place as well, from what we have done close season, we’re looking good ⚽️💙😀😀😀

Alternatively, don’t give the bookies your money & invest in some Goldbond, supports the club & less chance than winning the lottery but still live in hope every week, saying that, won the golden gamble last season one game so paid for our ST’s, love the Dale
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 21:21]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Bets for the season on 06:15 - Jul 24 with 4277 viewsfitzochris

Bets for the season on 19:55 - Jul 21 by richfoad32

Accy 6/1 to finish best NW club, 5/4 FAV to be relegated or if you fancy them to crack the Top 6 it's 16/1 (which I think is a bit stingy). Not convinced they'll have a major impact on the division but you're spot on about Coleman being able to fire them up and I reckon they'll at least get off to a flier before fading. Should have enough about them to avoid the drop and I hope they do.

Only a friendly, I know, but they beat tonight’s opponents 4-3 on Saturday.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16372724.in-pictures-accrington-stanl

Bets for the season on 07:50 - Jul 24 with 4224 viewsEllDale

Accrington are having a pretty impressive pre-season.
The week before they beat a very strong Huddersfield side 3-0.
Bets for the season on 15:30 - Jul 24 with 4123 viewsNorthernDale

I never take much notice of pre-season results, but in respect to Accrington they will or may have the buzz of being promoted which may assist in the initial months, but I don't over the season.

The championship is hard, you have got to fancy teams like West Brom and Stoke if they can recruit right and keep their better players, after that it is a lottery. Sheffield Wednesday should be up there, but they have virtually not refreshed the team from last season, Derby under Lampard and Notts Forest are too unpredictable able. It is the same with Leeds they promise much, but usually delivers little. Going down, I fancy Bolton or Wigan

League 1 - Sunderland fans generally seem to think (based on some comments on their forum) they should be not in our division, but they are and some have suggested they could be champions by the New Year. I personally think they will do well, but could be i for a shock. They could be another Sheffield Utd, in that it may take a few seasons to adjust and then get promoted, I may be wrong in this and if I am I apologise in advance. I suspect the usual teams will be there or there about, i.e Scunthorpe, Portsmouth, Charlton, but the team I fancy is Burton, they have kept most of the team from last season. Going down, I fancy Walsall, I would Luton to go down, I cannot stand them. I have my fingers crossed that Dale will have enough to avoid the events of last season and will hopeful be safe by April.

League 2 - I think the teams that went down, MK Dons, Northampton, Bury and Oldham will either occupy the automatic or play off spots and going down may include the usual suspects Morecambe, Forest Green and of course Macclesfield.

The Conference will be dominated by Salford, possibly Chesterfield, Orient (who may come good this season), I think Barnet will be a play off team at best.
Bets for the season on 15:54 - Jul 24 with 4091 viewsrochdaleriddler

Skybet are offering each way on 4 places in championship LG one and two

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bets for the season on 16:16 - Jul 24 with 4057 viewschalky_ncfc

Bets for the season on 15:30 - Jul 24 by NorthernDale

I never take much notice of pre-season results, but in respect to Accrington they will or may have the buzz of being promoted which may assist in the initial months, but I don't over the season.

The championship is hard, you have got to fancy teams like West Brom and Stoke if they can recruit right and keep their better players, after that it is a lottery. Sheffield Wednesday should be up there, but they have virtually not refreshed the team from last season, Derby under Lampard and Notts Forest are too unpredictable able. It is the same with Leeds they promise much, but usually delivers little. Going down, I fancy Bolton or Wigan

League 1 - Sunderland fans generally seem to think (based on some comments on their forum) they should be not in our division, but they are and some have suggested they could be champions by the New Year. I personally think they will do well, but could be i for a shock. They could be another Sheffield Utd, in that it may take a few seasons to adjust and then get promoted, I may be wrong in this and if I am I apologise in advance. I suspect the usual teams will be there or there about, i.e Scunthorpe, Portsmouth, Charlton, but the team I fancy is Burton, they have kept most of the team from last season. Going down, I fancy Walsall, I would Luton to go down, I cannot stand them. I have my fingers crossed that Dale will have enough to avoid the events of last season and will hopeful be safe by April.

League 2 - I think the teams that went down, MK Dons, Northampton, Bury and Oldham will either occupy the automatic or play off spots and going down may include the usual suspects Morecambe, Forest Green and of course Macclesfield.

The Conference will be dominated by Salford, possibly Chesterfield, Orient (who may come good this season), I think Barnet will be a play off team at best.

Notts Forest

Bets for the season on 16:39 - Jul 24 with 4020 viewsD_BFC

Bolton are Evns to get relegated with some bookies which is some going before a ball has been kicked. Forest are 10/3 to go up, not followed them this summer but nothing last season to justify any optimism.

Fancy Pulis to drag Boro up and Blackburn to go back down.

Pompey at 4/1 to be promoted will probably be my League 1 bet with Wycombe or Wimbledon to go down.

Lincoln up from League 2 with Morecambe to go down.

All a bit predictable if I'm honest. Might punt at Colchester to go down, 20/1.
Bets for the season on 16:53 - Jul 24 with 3991 viewsBartRowou

Bets for the season on 16:16 - Jul 24 by chalky_ncfc

Notts Forest

I'm as offended as you.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Bets for the season on 16:54 - Jul 24 with 3986 viewsBartRowou

Bets for the season on 16:39 - Jul 24 by D_BFC

Bolton are Evns to get relegated with some bookies which is some going before a ball has been kicked. Forest are 10/3 to go up, not followed them this summer but nothing last season to justify any optimism.

Fancy Pulis to drag Boro up and Blackburn to go back down.

Pompey at 4/1 to be promoted will probably be my League 1 bet with Wycombe or Wimbledon to go down.

Lincoln up from League 2 with Morecambe to go down.

All a bit predictable if I'm honest. Might punt at Colchester to go down, 20/1.

Forest have brought in a load of Portugese lads.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Bets for the season on 18:38 - Jul 24 with 3922 viewschalky_ncfc

Bets for the season on 16:53 - Jul 24 by BartRowou

I'm as offended as you.

I wouldn't mind so much if they are being derogatory when it gets said but it's the ignorance that I despair at

Bets for the season on 18:41 - Jul 24 with 3920 viewsNorthernDale

I do apologise I could not be bothered to write Nottingham Forest and tried to shorten it.

I see Bury have signed another striker, they must have 7 or 8 strikers and I thought they were determined to be more sensible with the budget have the heavy losses in recent years. The seem determine to get back at the first attempt with their signings and is one reason I think they will come back.

Whereas Oldham seem to have just 2 strikers and one of them seem to be on loan to an Irish side, but I still think they will be a contender for promotion this season, if they can get a couple of decent strikers in.
Bets for the season on 18:51 - Jul 24 with 3900 viewsrichfoad32

Bets for the season on 16:54 - Jul 24 by BartRowou

Forest have brought in a load of Portugese lads.

Didn't Port Vale try this a couple of seasons ago, with less than stellar results? Hopefully (for them) Forest's recruiting is of a better standard.
Bets for the season on 18:52 - Jul 24 with 3900 viewschalky_ncfc

Nottm Forest

Bets for the season on 18:05 - Jul 26 with 3660 views100notout

Current best odds for Dale in League 1

Winner 40/1
Promotion 12/1
Relegation 9/2
Top 6 5/1
Top Half 6/5
Bottom Half 8/13
Leading goalscorer (Henderson) 50/1

Pick the bones out of that!

edit just noticed Wilbraham top scorer 100/1 and Matt Done 150/1
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 12:23]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024