Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adshead linked with Man U 23:22 - Jul 21 with 14821 views442Dale

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/daniel-adshead-brink-1mill

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Adshead linked with Man U on 14:51 - Jul 23 with 4599 viewsDale92

Adshead linked with Man U on 14:38 - Jul 23 by NR_Dale

It's all ifs and buts at the moment, but IF (big if) this deal comes off then I think the club should invest the money in a permanent training facility not a clue of the cost of one, maybe we need the Dawson deal to come off too.

Its the logical step to get all teams and age groups under one facility were they can be judged by Hill and co we have have obvious success with the scatter gun training ground approach. I would say the reason weve not really seen any hogan money and the potential for dawson and adshead bringing in close to 4mill if alls to believed, some will go into substaining and improving what we got but surely some will be left to build something with the council somewere.

This is the One, I've waited for

Adshead linked with Man U on 17:46 - Jul 23 with 4284 viewsBartRowou

Adshead linked with Man U on 14:51 - Jul 23 by Dale92

Its the logical step to get all teams and age groups under one facility were they can be judged by Hill and co we have have obvious success with the scatter gun training ground approach. I would say the reason weve not really seen any hogan money and the potential for dawson and adshead bringing in close to 4mill if alls to believed, some will go into substaining and improving what we got but surely some will be left to build something with the council somewere.

Not sure a permanent base is the priority it was once, at least for the first team. I get the feeling the club are happy using various venues - might be wrong though.

Also, as Bury have proved, having a shiny training facility all to yourself doesn't always equate to success.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Adshead linked with Man U on 17:49 - Jul 23 with 4263 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Adshead linked with Man U on 13:03 - Jul 23 by dingdangblue

You are not being cynical - the game last week would 100% have been arranged for Man Utd to have a look at Adshead.

So...............they only come calling when they want something?

Otherwise,we are completely ignored. Well thanks for that.
Adshead linked with Man U on 18:33 - Jul 23 with 4163 viewsboromat

Maybe once we're on top of the main pitch we can start thinking about a training facility.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Adshead linked with Man U on 18:50 - Jul 23 with 4093 viewsTVOS1907

Adshead linked with Man U on 17:49 - Jul 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

Do you think they had no input in Ollie Rathbone joining us after they released him?

And don’t you think the game was also of benefit to us?
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 18:52]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Adshead linked with Man U on 18:53 - Jul 23 with 4078 viewsdingdangblue

Adshead linked with Man U on 17:46 - Jul 23 by BartRowou

Not sure a permanent base is the priority it was once, at least for the first team. I get the feeling the club are happy using various venues - might be wrong though.

Also, as Bury have proved, having a shiny training facility all to yourself doesn't always equate to success.

Don't forget we've also invested recently in the cricket club/lacrosse club facility down at Redbrook - Hill seems fairly happy being based there.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Adshead linked with Man U on 19:09 - Jul 23 with 4022 viewsShun

Adshead linked with Man U on 11:42 - Jul 23 by 100notout

well he's 17 on 2nd September at which point he could (if he chooses) sign his first professional contract.

The best scenario (for everyone including himself) is for the lad to sign a contract, break into the first team, play well and the offers will come flooding in.

As YD says, Mourinho isn't interested in youth.

Just with regards to dates, although I wouldn’t like to say United will be in such a rush to do any deal, but the transfer window this summer closes on August 9th. We’ll have played one fixture by then and United won’t have played any.
Adshead linked with Man U on 20:00 - Jul 23 with 3868 viewsAtThePeake

Adshead linked with Man U on 17:49 - Jul 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

Have I missed something where we entered a strategic partnership with Man Utd and they were required to help us out or something?

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Adshead linked with Man U on 07:59 - Jul 24 with 3561 viewsEllDale

We have been for a while. They loaned us that keeper.....
Adshead linked with Man U on 13:08 - Jul 24 with 3279 viewsstigmundo77

More I see of him the more I hope we can hold them off, he looks like the best young player we have had since Hogan, a real game changer
Adshead linked with Man U on 13:53 - Jul 24 with 3167 viewsAussieDale

No idea how the transfer market works but it looks from afar that United are putting the pressure on both Dale and Adshead through their media contacts. Is it the case that they will save big money if they can get him before he possibly signs a Dale contract in September.
Adshead linked with Man U on 14:12 - Jul 24 with 3117 viewsyumyum

Everything in football now is to suit the bigger clubs.Ruining football as we know/knew it.
Adshead linked with Man U on 14:20 - Jul 24 with 3078 viewsfitzochris

Adshead linked with Man U on 13:53 - Jul 24 by AussieDale

No idea how the transfer market works but it looks from afar that United are putting the pressure on both Dale and Adshead through their media contacts. Is it the case that they will save big money if they can get him before he possibly signs a Dale contract in September.

Not sure if Adshead has a third party taking care of his professional interests yet, but these type of articles do tend to derive from those sources.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Adshead linked with Man U on 14:33 - Jul 24 with 3016 viewsEllDale

Yes, I was also wondering if he had an agent yet, cranking up the interest.
Adshead linked with Man U on 14:34 - Jul 24 with 3010 viewsDaleiLama

Adshead linked with Man U on 13:53 - Jul 24 by AussieDale

Even if Utd did part with £1M, I'm curious as to how the big clubs balance the books for their youth. They clearly have their own academy but when scouts pick up on additional prospects like this, do they buy 25 players (as an example) at £1M hoping that one will turn out to be worth £25M+ (a version of the dart board theory)? Or that collectively they'll get close to the £25M in return value from a selection of 25 prospects either from players they retain or sell? Or they just don't give a damn cos there's so much cash swilling around that this is just an "operating expense" and will get written off, so they never even do such an analysis? Another factor is inflation in terms of valuation. What would the same £1M player today be worth in 5 years time assuming time stood still. TV money won't stay at the same level. I was even curious as to whether Mourinho would actually be involved in such decisions or is he too engrossed in first team squad stuff that he delegates all this second level stuff.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Adshead linked with Man U on 15:59 - Jul 24 with 2860 viewsBigKindo

Will the alleged £ 1 million include payments based on the number of appearances he makes? Anybody else recall Matty Hughes moving from Dale to Celtic? Captained their Youth Team to the league and cup double and was shown the door.
Adshead linked with Man U on 16:09 - Jul 24 with 2837 viewsEllDale

I've been talking to a bloke who works part-time for United taking kids to Carrington at training three nights a week from the Huddersfield area.
He said that money is no object - kit, expenses, refreshments whatever. No one queries his timesheet or anything. There's literally a fleet of these vehicles there each weekday night.

The other thing that strikes me is why haven't United or City had Danny Adshead or their radar before. He's hardly a late developer and he's at a school slap bang in the middle of urban Manchester?
Adshead linked with Man U on 19:17 - Jul 24 with 2521 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Adshead linked with Man U on 20:00 - Jul 23 by AtThePeake

Have I missed something where we entered a strategic partnership with Man Utd and they were required to help us out or something?

No you aint missed nothing......Manu don't care an iota about Dale, bury, Oldham etc.
Might be considered a local distraction,that's all.
Adshead linked with Man U on 21:12 - Jul 24 with 2334 viewsD_Dale

Adshead linked with Man U on 16:09 - Jul 24 by EllDale

I've been talking to a bloke who works part-time for United taking kids to Carrington at training three nights a week from the Huddersfield area.
He said that money is no object - kit, expenses, refreshments whatever. No one queries his timesheet or anything. There's literally a fleet of these vehicles there each weekday night.

The other thing that strikes me is why haven't United or City had Danny Adshead or their radar before. He's hardly a late developer and he's at a school slap bang in the middle of urban Manchester?

In no way with reference to Danny Adshead, I wonder if there's anything in those stories of clubs making an offer not only to the young player but also his dad - 'How would you like a scouting job, £50k a year plus a nice car'?
Adshead linked with Man U on 22:43 - Jul 24 with 2094 viewsLeague1Dale

Or it could be total bull spouted by his agent. Do you really think Man United would alert everyone else to a transfer target if it was true?
Wasnt it Barcelona and everyone else going to bid for him last year?
[Post edited 24 Jul 2018 22:44]
Adshead linked with Man U on 23:12 - Jul 24 with 2019 viewsAtThePeake

Adshead linked with Man U on 19:17 - Jul 24 by Yorkshire_Dale

No you aint missed nothing......Manu don't care an iota about Dale, bury, Oldham etc.
Might be considered a local distraction,that's all.

Why should they?

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024