Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill on Henderson 21:33 - Sep 15 with 6592 viewskiwidale

I've just listened to Keith's post match interview what on earth is he on about Henderson and criticism of him Is he deliberately obtuse or deluded?... Keith the criticism is of you not Henderson its how you play Henderson that is criticised. We know how good he is when played in the correct position.

This is not the time for bickering.

Hill on Henderson on 12:35 - Sep 16 with 1658 viewsShun

Hill on Henderson on 12:18 - Sep 16 by jonahwhereru

People on this forum fail to appreciate the skill Keef demonstrates in his interviews. It can’t be easy to always introduce an antagonistic comment, even on good news stories. Unless it comes naturally. Oh yes of course it is second nature to him!

Aside from Calvin’s moment of madness and Russ Green, Hill has been responsible for virtually all the (non pitch related) negative headlines at the club in the last few years.

However Dunphy has let his tantrums go unchecked for to long to change him now.

Alas all we can do is either not listen, as some don’t, or enjoy his skill in creating non existent stories.

As for Henderson he is the type of player I was jealous of as a kid. He has the skill set to do a job in most arrears of the pitch. He is the best finisher I have seen for Rochdale so should always be played to exploit that strength.

If only he didn’t have the self destruct button primed to go off at anytime he would be getting close it Gary Jones in my affections.

Regarding your final paragraph, as DA has alluded to, those self-destructive tendencies seem to have disappeared. I remember a time that I would just expect him to have a niggly kick out at an opponent every match. It’s not even like a player like Rooney where people came up with this idea that you can’t take away that side of his game because that’s what makes him good, Henderson’s just a brilliant player who had a stupid side to him and the two things were quite separate. However, I can’t remember seeing that petulance for at least the past two seasons now.

So for me, his brilliance, his beautiful goals, his technique, his fitness and his attitude all make him my favourite ever Dale player. Thanks, Ian!
Hill on Henderson on 12:41 - Sep 16 with 1637 viewsrochdale_ranger

Hilly the willy talking shite as usual. Where does this bitterness come from. He had the support of the fans all last season and shat on them in interviews. And had the support of the dozen and half supporters on here ( the fact that he’s letting what gets posted on here bother him shows a character flaw) I just don’t understand the bunker mentality with the fans. Interestingly I was having a natter with a non Dale supporting mate and he said all the people on Facebook were calling for his head, is anybody on social media that can verify this? Maybe all his post match interviews are pissing the broader fan base off and not just the elite on here.
Hill on Henderson on 12:49 - Sep 16 with 1604 viewsaleanddale

Social media causing problems who would have thought it!

Seriously if you asked every supporter 2 questions the vast majority would be in favour of Hill and back him totally.

1. Do you like Hill as Rochdale manager?

2. Do his interviews annoy you to the point it makes you angry?

It's a massive yes to 1 from me and a categoric no for 2.

I suspect a pretty big % would agree.
Hill on Henderson on 13:05 - Sep 16 with 1563 viewsNDGN82

Hill on Henderson on 12:49 - Sep 16 by aleanddale

Seriously if you asked every supporter 2 questions the vast majority would be in favour of Hill and back him totally.

Definitely the opposite away around!

Still the right man for the job though
Hill on Henderson on 13:23 - Sep 16 with 1524 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hill on Henderson on 13:05 - Sep 16 by NDGN82

Definitely the opposite away around!

Still the right man for the job though

And me

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hill on Henderson on 13:27 - Sep 16 with 1512 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hill on Henderson on 09:55 - Sep 16 by YouTubeDale

Hill’s body language during the interview was very strange. He looked defensive and much less arrogant. With many references to “his job” and having to do things for himself now. Is he acting or genuinely in fear of his job? He must be reading this Forum to get a good handle on how fans feel about him.

KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid. Hendo needs to be the Fox in the box, and leave him there.

Has he managed Clough well ? Is Clough injured? Two sides of the coin : players like him need an ego to play and you just accept that, or Hill stamps down on that ego. I’m undecided on that one.

There is never a Second MOM award, but I would have given it to Calvin. Immense at the back winning nearly every single header in defence and tenacity keeping the ball upfront.

Hill at last has cottoned onto the very basic idea of placing at least one player ahead of Alby/Calvin when they win their headers...at last !!!!

Hill is starting to leave Hendo on the halfway line when we defend corners. Well done Keith. I would add another to really spice it up, and tell Hendo to stop drifting back to receive the ball.

A good game to watch against a side lacking in confidence.

To Keith’s credit,he has got the whole team working their socks off for him. We wanted the win far more than them. Our spirit is high.

Just leave the MAJORITY of the fans alone, stop the 350 pass game, Hendo in the box, etc, etc... you should be fine Keith.

I bought the way he was looking around, talking to the mid distance was rude

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hill on Henderson on 13:41 - Sep 16 with 1483 views442Dale

Why do you suspect that?

One of your two questions isn’t related to backing him as manager. Social media isn’t an issue until someone reading it feels a need to make it so.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill on Henderson on 13:51 - Sep 16 with 1466 viewsonedalefan

Hill on Henderson on 12:35 - Sep 16 by Shun

Regarding your final paragraph, as DA has alluded to, those self-destructive tendencies seem to have disappeared. I remember a time that I would just expect him to have a niggly kick out at an opponent every match. It’s not even like a player like Rooney where people came up with this idea that you can’t take away that side of his game because that’s what makes him good, Henderson’s just a brilliant player who had a stupid side to him and the two things were quite separate. However, I can’t remember seeing that petulance for at least the past two seasons now.

So for me, his brilliance, his beautiful goals, his technique, his fitness and his attitude all make him my favourite ever Dale player. Thanks, Ian!

He had a niggly little kick halfway through the 2nd half yesterday.
Login to get fewer ads

Hill on Henderson on 14:00 - Sep 16 with 1444 viewsTVOS1907

Social media only causes problems with people who use it in a problematic way.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill on Henderson on 14:30 - Sep 16 with 1387 viewssoulboy

Ive said it before and ill say it again, Ian Henderson is the greatest ever player to play for the Dale.
Hill on Henderson on 15:10 - Sep 16 with 1328 viewsNafelad

Hill on Henderson on 10:27 - Sep 16 by DaleiLama

The same tinkering and strategy that converted Done to a valuable goal-scoring striker and Bunney into "the best left back in L1". Which also took us to the periphery of L1 playoffs on three occassions. Sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth and accept that it won't always be bob on. I remember quite a few calling for Hendo's head a few years back when his form dipped.

I no longer seek out post match interviews either. I still think Becchy should handle these. As for the "playing out from the back" Pep stuck with it at City but he has world class players to execute the plan. Good to see we have reverted to cutting our suit according to our cloth, at least temporarily.

I was referring to last season and this - 'successes' with Done and Bunney were earlier.

Topcat

Hill on Henderson on 16:04 - Sep 16 with 1251 viewskiwidale

I'm starting to regret starting this thread the way its panned out so just to clarify, Hill is without a shadow of doubt the best thing that has ever happened at Dale he is central to all the success both on and off the pitch... long live the king.

Hill on Henderson on 16:19 - Sep 16 with 1211 viewsrochedale

Some of the comments made against Keith Hill are absolutely mind-boggling. He is our greatest and most successful manager. Ffs!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Hill on Henderson on 16:33 - Sep 16 with 1183 viewskiwidale

Hill on Henderson on 16:19 - Sep 16 by rochedale

Some of the comments made against Keith Hill are absolutely mind-boggling. He is our greatest and most successful manager. Ffs!

Its just blokes talking bollix about the Dale nothing more, some good some not so good. Hill should realise that as should some on here, its just a forum some things are said in frustration.

Hill on Henderson on 16:43 - Sep 16 with 1163 viewsrochedale

Hill on Henderson on 16:33 - Sep 16 by kiwidale

Its just blokes talking bollix about the Dale nothing more, some good some not so good. Hill should realise that as should some on here, its just a forum some things are said in frustration.

Which is sometimes understandable, but after a win? Come on. He gets so much stick on here, it’s incredible.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Hill on Henderson on 16:47 - Sep 16 with 1139 viewsYouTubeDale

Hill on Henderson on 16:19 - Sep 16 by rochedale

Yes, he is our greatest and most successful manager and fans want to keep it that way. If we see him going off the rails we need to guide him to get him back on track. I used to think the sun shone out of his a*se but I have seen the light. He does make many mistakes, and last season he just got away with it by the skin of his teeth. Never mind the budget, taking the correct approach Keith has got enough about him to get us into the Championship. HE is not the finished article but Work in Progress. Keith Hill has by far the biggest influence over the success of this club. If he gets it right then we all prosper. So far he has done well, but being greedy, he could have done even more. When he talks about performance, he should start with the man in the mirror.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2018 16:52]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hill on Henderson on 16:51 - Sep 16 with 1120 viewskiwidale

Hill on Henderson on 16:43 - Sep 16 by rochedale

Which is sometimes understandable, but after a win? Come on. He gets so much stick on here, it’s incredible.

Agree with that hence my regret at the O P. After a 3-0 win its turned more than a bit negative but that's the nature of a footy forum what's said good or bad should be quickly forgotten.

Hill on Henderson on 17:05 - Sep 16 with 1071 viewsaleanddale

Hill on Henderson on 13:41 - Sep 16 by 442Dale

Why do you suspect that?

One of your two questions isn’t related to backing him as manager. Social media isn’t an issue until someone reading it feels a need to make it so.

I sit with or speak to approx 20 Dale fans on any given match day.

Probably another half dozen or so throughout the week.

Most / probably all currently thinks Hill is a perfect fit for the Dale and the best man for the job.

Whilst I have not really asked them a direct question regarding hills post match interviews not one has ever mentioned it being an irritant to them.

KH track record is unbelievable over both times he has managed the club. He really is a miracle worker keeping us competitive in league 1 year in year out.

So whilst my small straw poll in not conclusive it made me draw a conclusion the objectors are a tiny majority and some could even be WUMs.

Long may Keith reign. The footballing side of the club is in a safe pair of hands whilst he has the top job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024