Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Keith stick to a plan 18:38 - Oct 4 with 3736 viewsJames1980

Hilly says he wants to play a particular way. Should he set up to play that way from now on and give the players a chance to prove themselves, even if it means a few more bad/indifferent results?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Should Keith stick to a plan on 23:56 - Oct 4 with 1418 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Should Keith stick to a plan on 21:49 - Oct 4 by richfoad32

Again though, what are we actually paying Forest to have him here? If he is one of the malcontent's that Hill is referencing, maybe it would just be better to cut ties and terminate the loan? I'm not cognizant of loan rules, can we do this?

I hope KH is as ruthless as he was when Reuben Reid was on loan here........bad attitude evident,then out the door!

Don't f*ck about paying wages to sit around.
Should Keith stick to a plan on 05:00 - Oct 5 with 1371 viewsrichfoad32

Should Keith stick to a plan on 22:51 - Oct 4 by Shun

To be fair though, he’s only had about 45 minutes of league playing time in all his time here!

True, but that's partly his own doing after losing his head and getting hooked against Scunny he's barely been seen since. To be fair it must mess with your head a bit, one minute you're a multi million pound player and your star is in the ascendancy, the next you're turning out in front of a few thousand at 'Dale and seemingly have no future with your parent club. It's up to the player to knuckle down and get on with it but wouldn't Hill be undermining his authority within the squad if the likes of Gillam and JW are putting it in in training and doing everything asked of them and then getting overlooked for someone who's sulking his way through come game day?

All just speculation mind. I was as excited as everyone else when we signed him and hope he get's another chance soon.
Should Keith stick to a plan on 05:23 - Oct 5 with 1363 viewsdingdangblue

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/zach-clough-forest-br

What a strange article? Why are a Bristol newspaper writing about Zach Clough just because he turned them down and now finds himself at league 1 Rochdale!
Seems a bit spiteful.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 10:31]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Should Keith stick to a plan on 06:05 - Oct 5 with 1339 viewsfitzochris

Should Keith stick to a plan on 22:06 - Oct 4 by James1980

What is his 'ethos'

He said it’s retaining the mindset of the underdog.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Should Keith stick to a plan on 06:06 - Oct 5 with 1339 viewsfitzochris

Should Keith stick to a plan on 22:32 - Oct 4 by D_Alien

Is it summat to do with a flask?

If you don’t flask, you don’t get.

Should Keith stick to a plan on 07:12 - Oct 5 with 1307 viewsJames1980

Should Keith stick to a plan on 06:05 - Oct 5 by fitzochris

He said it’s retaining the mindset of the underdog.

Why would players not buy in to that?

Should Keith stick to a plan on 07:25 - Oct 5 with 1294 viewsD_Alien

Should Keith stick to a plan on 06:06 - Oct 5 by fitzochris

If you don’t flask, you don’t get.

Thermos be a way to check online though?

I do like a hyphen inserted, so I'll settle for e-thos

Or maybe the header has a typo? The real question is:

Should Keith stick to a pan

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Should Keith stick to a plan on 08:47 - Oct 5 with 1254 viewsfitzochris

Should Keith stick to a plan on 07:12 - Oct 5 by James1980

Why would players not buy in to that?

Because he says some players don’t think they are the underdog.

Login to get fewer ads

Should Keith stick to a plan on 09:40 - Oct 5 with 1222 viewsrochdaleriddler

Should Keith stick to a plan on 21:27 - Oct 4 by fitzochris

I think you may be right. I would recommend anyone who can, should watch Hill’s post-match interview. He once again references players not buying into his ethos and blaming him, instead of themselves, for not getting a game.

Hill has plenty of form for getting loan players in, and not playing them. I’m surprised any club is willing to let us have any. He persists with some players, who may have the right attitude are patently crap. I’m thinking of RNL here

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Should Keith stick to a plan on 09:57 - Oct 5 with 1202 viewsJames1980

Should Keith stick to a plan on 08:47 - Oct 5 by fitzochris

Because he says some players don’t think they are the underdog.

Sounds like he needs to sell the seige, us against them mentality, people think we are just little old Rochdale, get out there and prove them wrong, mentality a bit better

Should Keith stick to a plan on 10:35 - Oct 5 with 1170 viewstony_roch975

Sorry to be boring (again) but back to the OP. James makes some good points, logic would suggest having at least 1 formation and allowing the same players to play that for half a dozen games whatever the results, but, as James says, injuries can stymie that, Hill would get lambasted on here if we kept losing and you can only play the formations for which you've got the players! You then need a second formation because oppositions quickly work out teams and possibly modifications for different oppositions. The biggest issue is knowing which one is most likely to work in the first place which many on here don't think Hill does

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Should Keith stick to a plan on 10:37 - Oct 5 with 1168 viewstony_roch975

Should Keith stick to a plan on 19:17 - Oct 4 by smaclad1

Might help if he picked a particular team and stuck with it for a few games.

Related consideration attached, albeit it refers to a different universe in which West Ham are described as being lower down the pecking order - God knows where that leave us.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/sep/25/style-substance-entertainm

' "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning,” runs the famous quote from Tottenham’s 1961 double-winning captain Danny Blanchflower. “It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom.” '

Couldn't agree more.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Should Keith stick to a plan on 11:01 - Oct 5 with 1154 viewssoulboy

Would be a big step forward if he starts the game tomorrow with Andy Cannon and Zac Clough.
Should Keith stick to a plan on 11:04 - Oct 5 with 1146 viewsJames1980

Should Keith stick to a plan on 11:01 - Oct 5 by soulboy

Would be a big step forward if he starts the game tomorrow with Andy Cannon and Zac Clough.

And if those players are picked and we suffer a heavy defeat?

Should Keith stick to a plan on 15:52 - Oct 5 with 1072 viewssoulboy

Should Keith stick to a plan on 11:04 - Oct 5 by James1980

And if those players are picked and we suffer a heavy defeat?

Of course we could get beat if both those players are picked. The point i'm trying to make is every time Cannon has been picked he hasnt let us down and i also think a player of Cloughs calibre ought to be given his first start in over a month.
Should Keith stick to a plan on 16:04 - Oct 5 with 1060 viewsJames1980

Should Keith stick to a plan on 15:52 - Oct 5 by soulboy

Of course we could get beat if both those players are picked. The point i'm trying to make is every time Cannon has been picked he hasnt let us down and i also think a player of Cloughs calibre ought to be given his first start in over a month.

I just think in some folks eyes Keith is damned if he does or doesnt

Imagine he picks Clough and he plays badly. Post match interview he indicates Clough hadn't been doing well in training but selected him anyway as a gamble
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 16:08]

Should Keith stick to a plan on 16:13 - Oct 5 with 1053 viewssoulboy

Should Keith stick to a plan on 16:04 - Oct 5 by James1980

I just think in some folks eyes Keith is damned if he does or doesnt

Imagine he picks Clough and he plays badly. Post match interview he indicates Clough hadn't been doing well in training but selected him anyway as a gamble
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 16:08]

Imagine he picks Clough and he scores the winner!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 16:38]
Should Keith stick to a plan on 16:26 - Oct 5 with 1040 viewsJames1980

Should Keith stick to a plan on 16:13 - Oct 5 by soulboy

Imagine he picks Clough and he scores the winner!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 16:38]

That would be awesome especially if he blocked one of the line makes a Maradonoesque run and slots one into the top corner from outside the box.
I am not saying you would, but I wouldn't be surprised if certain individuals, would use that as a stick to beat Hill with, 'if only he had been picked prior' that sort of thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024