Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players few people remember 23:46 - Oct 7 with 8888 viewsJames1980

The other day, a colleague/friend was saying, that if you ask someone to name all seven actors in the Magnificent Seven. He has found the one actor most people forget is Brad Dexter.
So who are the footballers most people forget? As in I don't remember him playing for them/us.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Players few people remember on 21:54 - Oct 8 with 1777 viewsD_Alien

Players few people remember on 18:55 - Oct 8 by Cleedale

Anthony Elding - well whatever thoughts, memories etc. we all might have - was most definitely responsible for a very deft assist when laying off the ball for Jonah away at Southampton.

A Dale goal, 'possibly' up there with the top 3 of all time?

Good call

Was also the avatar of someone who's username now escapes me, pictured flailing at a ball in a sodden penalty area during the night fixture against Wigan abandoned at h-t

[Post edited 8 Oct 2018 21:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Players few people remember on 22:09 - Oct 8 with 1749 viewsnordenblue

Players few people remember on 21:54 - Oct 8 by D_Alien

Good call

Was also the avatar of someone who's username now escapes me, pictured flailing at a ball in a sodden penalty area during the night fixture against Wigan abandoned at h-t

[Post edited 8 Oct 2018 21:57]

Wasn't that the photo taken against Oldham when the game got called off,I'm probably wrong though...
Players few people remember on 22:10 - Oct 8 with 1742 viewsPotterDale

Not sure if it counts pre season, but there was a Spaniard who I seem to remember was called Ignacio Linares (?). He went back to Spain to finish a medical degree or something along those lines. He said he would be back, when he'd done, and the manager (I'm going to guess at Graham Barrow) said he'd be glad to have him. I'm not sure if he can't find his passport, but we're still waiting.
Players few people remember on 22:10 - Oct 8 with 1740 viewsTVOS1907

Players few people remember on 22:09 - Oct 8 by nordenblue

Wasn't that the photo taken against Oldham when the game got called off,I'm probably wrong though...

It was.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Players few people remember on 22:38 - Oct 8 with 1704 viewsCleedale

Here could be a player that, well, might have appeared in other games but does anyone else remember...around 1990, March time, we played grimesby at San Spotty. We were losing 1-0 and never looked like getting back in the game when a black dog - something like a collie - ran on the pitch with pie and chips, suitably wrapped, from perhaps somewhere near that pie-cabin in the old main stand. He/she proceeded to enjoy the contents somewhere near the edge of the centre circle and from memory play continued.

Now, was this a regular player/substitute used as a last-resort tactic and does anyone else remember?

Btw., we still lost...
Players few people remember on 22:41 - Oct 8 with 1698 views442Dale

And we were wearing white socks with the home kit as Oldham had turned up with blue socks.

For the rearranged game they had white socks with their white away shirt and blue shorts. This meant it was blue(with some black)/white/blue v white/blue/white, creating an OVERALL CLASH.

You’re welcome.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Players few people remember on 22:48 - Oct 8 with 1684 viewsDaleiLama

Players few people remember on 22:38 - Oct 8 by Cleedale

Here could be a player that, well, might have appeared in other games but does anyone else remember...around 1990, March time, we played grimesby at San Spotty. We were losing 1-0 and never looked like getting back in the game when a black dog - something like a collie - ran on the pitch with pie and chips, suitably wrapped, from perhaps somewhere near that pie-cabin in the old main stand. He/she proceeded to enjoy the contents somewhere near the edge of the centre circle and from memory play continued.

Now, was this a regular player/substitute used as a last-resort tactic and does anyone else remember?

Btw., we still lost...

The timing and number of legs is all wrong, but the rest of it sounds a lot like Steve Davis?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Players few people remember on 22:54 - Oct 8 with 1672 viewsTVOS1907

Players few people remember on 22:38 - Oct 8 by Cleedale

Btw., we still lost...

Login to get fewer ads

Players few people remember on 23:05 - Oct 8 with 1661 viewsD_Alien

I remembered it was local!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Players few people remember on 23:23 - Oct 8 with 1639 viewsSuddenLad

Players few people remember on 22:54 - Oct 8 by TVOS1907

The late Keith Alexander getting subbed as a sub. Some familiar names amongst that lot. I think Chris Hargreaves went on to manage Torquay.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Players few people remember on 09:49 - Oct 9 with 1505 viewsjonahwhereru

There is one player I have a vague recollection of. Can anyone fill in the gaps.

He was allegedly a centre half, surname something like Delarye and first name Nathan?

Think he came from city and may have had a brother in tow.

Only saw him once. One of the few players who played for Dale that was only good enough to warm the bench of a pub team, and by heck we have had some dross over the years.
Players few people remember on 10:04 - Oct 9 with 1496 viewsTVOS1907

Players few people remember on 09:49 - Oct 9 by jonahwhereru

There is one player I have a vague recollection of. Can anyone fill in the gaps.

He was allegedly a centre half, surname something like Delarye and first name Nathan?

Think he came from city and may have had a brother in tow.

Only saw him once. One of the few players who played for Dale that was only good enough to warm the bench of a pub team, and by heck we have had some dross over the years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_D%27Laryea

Players few people remember on 10:19 - Oct 9 with 1482 viewsfirgrovedale51

One I try to forget Michael Simpkins
Players few people remember on 11:37 - Oct 9 with 1442 viewsdingdangblue

Players few people remember on 10:04 - Oct 9 by TVOS1907

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_D%27Laryea

I remember when he commentated on a Dale game a few years ago and nearly every sentence he started with the phrase "yeah definitely" - it was bizarre but funny to listen to.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Players few people remember on 12:25 - Oct 9 with 1419 viewsEllDale

He played at rightback in the play-off final at Wembley ten years ago because Simon Ramsden was moved into midfield to cover for the suspended David Perkins.

I believe that he later went into teaching.
Players few people remember on 13:20 - Oct 9 with 1380 views442Dale

He was brilliant against Stoke in the League Cup but got injured and barely featured until the end of the season. Also started at Darlington in the play-offs when Stanton was suspended but was replaced by Holness.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Players few people remember on 13:28 - Oct 9 with 1372 viewsColDale

Players few people remember on 11:37 - Oct 9 by dingdangblue

I remember when he commentated on a Dale game a few years ago and nearly every sentence he started with the phrase "yeah definitely" - it was bizarre but funny to listen to.

I believe he is a Maths teacher now at Loretto College in South Manchester, possibly even Head of Maths.
Players few people remember on 14:07 - Oct 9 with 1344 viewsTVOS1907

Players few people remember on 13:28 - Oct 9 by ColDale

I believe he is a Maths teacher now at Loretto College in South Manchester, possibly even Head of Maths.

Does he know anything about the National Curriculum?

Players few people remember on 16:19 - Oct 9 with 1277 viewsjudd

Players few people remember on 14:07 - Oct 9 by TVOS1907

Wouldn't that make him a left winger?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Players few people remember on 16:26 - Oct 9 with 1275 viewssmaclad1

Players few people remember on 14:07 - Oct 9 by TVOS1907

Or how the system of academy and free schools controlled by groups or Trusts with a particular political leaning can help suppress the teaching of 'difficult' issues in the history syllabus?
[Post edited 9 Oct 2018 16:31]
Players few people remember on 16:38 - Oct 9 with 1258 viewsTVOS1907

Players few people remember on 16:19 - Oct 9 by judd

Wouldn't that make him a left winger?

Like Frank Gamble?

Players few people remember on 16:44 - Oct 9 with 1248 viewsjudd

Players few people remember on 16:38 - Oct 9 by TVOS1907

Like Frank Gamble?

I did, yes.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Players few people remember on 17:55 - Oct 9 with 1201 viewsCleedale

Players few people remember on 23:23 - Oct 8 by SuddenLad

The late Keith Alexander getting subbed as a sub. Some familiar names amongst that lot. I think Chris Hargreaves went on to manage Torquay.

I think that grimsby side had successive promotions taking them into the Championship, as it is now, in about '92 and more or less staying there until 2003'ish. Think Buckley had brought a lot with him from non-league
and just shows how quite a few were able to step up a few levels.

Unfortunately there's a lot of reminiscing about that history today as everything definitely went pear-shaped from then on including 6 years in the Conference.

A lot was blamed on the collapse of ITV Digital but seem to think they still only averaged about 7,000 when at Level 2 back then - hardly challenging gates for anything much more than treading water at that level.

Aye, remember Keith's substitution - great bloke btw and sadly missed in the game. I'm almost certain he went to head a ball on up-front but really middled it and ended going back right to their defence.

Chris Hargreaves had a long career in footie - knew him slightly when first becoming pro. He was fast! Think you're right with him managing Torquay and of course played there. Guess that could have been near the time that their lottery winners were seriously subbing the club but just wasn't sustainable.
Players few people remember on 18:16 - Oct 9 with 1182 viewsColDale

Players few people remember on 17:55 - Oct 9 by Cleedale

I think that grimsby side had successive promotions taking them into the Championship, as it is now, in about '92 and more or less staying there until 2003'ish. Think Buckley had brought a lot with him from non-league
and just shows how quite a few were able to step up a few levels.

Unfortunately there's a lot of reminiscing about that history today as everything definitely went pear-shaped from then on including 6 years in the Conference.

A lot was blamed on the collapse of ITV Digital but seem to think they still only averaged about 7,000 when at Level 2 back then - hardly challenging gates for anything much more than treading water at that level.

Aye, remember Keith's substitution - great bloke btw and sadly missed in the game. I'm almost certain he went to head a ball on up-front but really middled it and ended going back right to their defence.

Chris Hargreaves had a long career in footie - knew him slightly when first becoming pro. He was fast! Think you're right with him managing Torquay and of course played there. Guess that could have been near the time that their lottery winners were seriously subbing the club but just wasn't sustainable.

Hargreaves and Jonah always seem to wind each other up. I'm sure Jonah was sent off once as a result of it.
Players few people remember on 07:57 - Oct 10 with 1069 viewsEllDale

Hargreaves wrote a really entertaining book about life in the lower leagues. The chapter on playing for Martin Allen is hilarious.
Really shone at Northampton for a spell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024