Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Things to build on 16:59 - Oct 13 with 8719 viewsCanaDale

Some great football today, and one of the most stressful games for the same reason. This was the best I've seen Dale play up front for a while, the movement and quick passing in the final third was a joy to watch, but in the same breathe, so frustrating that the final pass or shot eluded them. It looks clear that Hill has tried something different up front, the interplay was a big encouragement despite the result. I have no issue with losing, as long as there is a clear plan on show, and giving it their all.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 17:05]
Things to build on on 17:29 - Oct 13 with 5166 viewsValleySaddler

Which ever way you dress it up we shipped another 3 goals at home.
Some glorious chances were missed and we have ended up with nowt.
We carry on in this vein then there is only one outcome....
Things to build on on 17:41 - Oct 13 with 5103 viewsShun

Things to build on on 17:29 - Oct 13 by ValleySaddler

... midtable mediocrity, which, after last season, wouldn’t be terrible.
Things to build on on 17:48 - Oct 13 with 5067 viewsfrenzied

Things to build on on 17:41 - Oct 13 by Shun

... midtable mediocrity, which, after last season, wouldn’t be terrible.

quite agree..as long as theres 4 teams worse than us im happy..we are miles off a top 6 place..we don't have a single player who looks as if they could play at a level higher than league 1
Things to build on on 17:48 - Oct 13 with 5057 viewssweetcorn

Things to build on on 17:29 - Oct 13 by ValleySaddler

I think you’ve missed the point of the OP, he’s saying the forward line we tried looked good together and i tend to agree, we made chances today and the game should have been sewn up first half.

We all know our defence is w*nk and nothing will change whilst the window is shut, as our defenders simply arent the grade.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Things to build on on 17:58 - Oct 13 with 5009 viewsrichfoad32

Things to build on on 17:48 - Oct 13 by sweetcorn

I think you’ve missed the point of the OP, he’s saying the forward line we tried looked good together and i tend to agree, we made chances today and the game should have been sewn up first half.

We all know our defence is w*nk and nothing will change whilst the window is shut, as our defenders simply arent the grade.

Could get even worse if Hart misses any significant time. Kgosi, Jim or Done at LB don't exactly fill me with any confidence.
Things to build on on 18:13 - Oct 13 with 4944 viewsValleySaddler

Things to build on on 17:48 - Oct 13 by sweetcorn

Your probably right.At the moment I’m struggling with the positives.
Tomorrow might be a different matter.
Things to build on on 18:33 - Oct 13 with 4874 viewsYouTubeDale

There is a good spirit about Rochdale and there is no reason why we can’t keep that spirit to give us every chance to maintain our League 1 status. Each time we went behind you could sense we could get back level.

It is so frustrating, week in, week out, we cannot mark players. Their first goal, and the goal scorer was unmarked in the box. Our Achilles heel, defending corners...we leave Butler without a proper challenge.

Kgosi looks inspired, with his captaincy, winning a penalty and scoring a goal. His work at the back is good too, although not perfect.
I liked the pass and go football in their box and we should have been rewarded for that with a goal.

I can’t remember such a miss ever, when Hendo shaped to tap home but hit the x-bar !!!!

Dooley looked very sharp and a real prospect.

Zac just needs to find the net and hopefully a flurry of goals will follow. It wasn’t quite his day.

Perkins needs to invigorate himself and find a bit more spark or he will be deemed a flop along with Wilbraham. All that glitters is not gold,and so far, Hill has made a mistake bringing these two players into the club at the twilight of their careers. I hope I am proved wrong by the end of the season.

Is the manager starting to listen to fans? Like I say, it is a strength, not a weakness, if he listens. I like the fact that he left 2 players up front when we defended corners. Well done Keith.

We lost today, but overall I am not too downhearted as I thought our battling performance was very good, and worthy of at least a draw.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 21:53]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Things to build on on 18:42 - Oct 13 with 4843 viewsfirgrovedale51

Things to build on on 18:33 - Oct 13 by YouTubeDale

There is a good spirit about Rochdale and there is no reason why we can’t keep that spirit to give us every chance to maintain our League 1 status. Each time we went behind you could sense we could get back level.

It is so frustrating, week in, week out, we cannot mark players. Their first goal, and the goal scorer was unmarked in the box. Our Achilles heel, defending corners...we leave Butler without a proper challenge.

Kgosi looks inspired, with his captaincy, winning a penalty and scoring a goal. His work at the back is good too, although not perfect.
I liked the pass and go football in their box and we should have been rewarded for that with a goal.

I can’t remember such a miss ever, when Hendo shaped to tap home but hit the x-bar !!!!

Zac just needs to find the net and hopefully a flurry of goals will follow. It wasn’t quite his day.

Perkins needs to invigorate himself and find a bit more spark or he will be deemed a flop along with Wilbraham. All that glitters is not gold,and so far, Hill has made a mistake bringing these two players into the club at the twilight of their careers. I hope I am proved wrong by the end of the season.

Is the manager starting to listen to fans? Like I say, it is a strength, not a weakness, if he listens. I like the fact that he left 2 players up front when we defended corners. Well done Keith.

We lost today, but overall I am not too downhearted as I thought our battling performance was very good, and worthy of at least a draw.

Best team lost today and Perkins is a complete waste of a wage
Login to get fewer ads

Things to build on on 18:51 - Oct 13 with 4794 views442Dale

Things to build on on 18:33 - Oct 13 by YouTubeDale

He doesn't need to listen to fans, nor should he. He should identify the best way of getting results and utilising his squad. We all have multiple opinions around what might work, but it's down to him to choose what is the best course of action.

At no stage will a manager be taking tactical advice from supporters, much as we might like that to be the case.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Things to build on on 19:15 - Oct 13 with 4707 viewsrich_dale

Even barring the missed chances we should have won - first two goals were gifts. The way to win games is to be more ruthless, professional and - dare I say - a little bit horrible. We don't often seem to get presents from the opposition. Wouldn't want us to become one of those horrible teams but we need a bit more of that. Donny are 4th because they have much more of that than us. We need teams to be worried about coming to the COA, not rubbing their hands.
Things to build on on 19:54 - Oct 13 with 4620 viewstony_roch975

Things to build on on 19:15 - Oct 13 by rich_dale

Even barring the missed chances we should have won - first two goals were gifts. The way to win games is to be more ruthless, professional and - dare I say - a little bit horrible. We don't often seem to get presents from the opposition. Wouldn't want us to become one of those horrible teams but we need a bit more of that. Donny are 4th because they have much more of that than us. We need teams to be worried about coming to the COA, not rubbing their hands.

sorry, I understand we all have different reasons for being fans and clearly we'd all want better finishing today, strong tackling and competing for 2nd balls etc but if nasty, violent, petulant, cheating from management, players and fans is the Dale future, I won't be renewing my season ticket. Donny are exactly the opposite of the model for the football I want to watch.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Things to build on on 20:10 - Oct 13 with 4548 viewsfitzochris

Hill’s post-match interview is interesting, but only after he answers the usual stuff from our media officers... individual mistakes, we’ll stick to the plan, too many big spenders in League One (Accrington say hello) etc.

A journo, who I assume is attached to the Doncaster local press, asks, not as bluntly, what the point of hanging on to League One status is and Hill says to develop young players. He then says we will sell one, possibly two, in January and replace from within.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Things to build on on 20:11 - Oct 13 with 4546 viewskiwidale

Things to build on on 18:51 - Oct 13 by 442Dale

He doesn't need to listen to fans, nor should he. He should identify the best way of getting results and utilising his squad. We all have multiple opinions around what might work, but it's down to him to choose what is the best course of action.

At no stage will a manager be taking tactical advice from supporters, much as we might like that to be the case.

I wasn't there I slept through it so I can only see the obvious i.e. the score. It doesn't matter who Hill listens to but he is not listening to the fans regarding Cannon. I get the impression Hill takes his own council on all things Dale related the other obvious is we shipped another three goals at home which is an alarming stat.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 20:14]

This is not the time for bickering.

Things to build on on 20:18 - Oct 13 with 4515 viewsrich_dale

Things to build on on 19:54 - Oct 13 by tony_roch975

sorry, I understand we all have different reasons for being fans and clearly we'd all want better finishing today, strong tackling and competing for 2nd balls etc but if nasty, violent, petulant, cheating from management, players and fans is the Dale future, I won't be renewing my season ticket. Donny are exactly the opposite of the model for the football I want to watch.

I wasn't advocating cheating, or being violent or petulant, I just meant we need to be more ruthless and snuff out the opposition better, not giving unnecessary opportunities away. I wouldn't want to change our approach or culture too much, we're just a bit fluffy and generous especially at home. All successful teams have a bit of that know-how about them, we're too naive at times.
Things to build on on 20:23 - Oct 13 with 4495 viewsrochdaleriddler

Things to build on on 20:11 - Oct 13 by kiwidale

I wasn't there I slept through it so I can only see the obvious i.e. the score. It doesn't matter who Hill listens to but he is not listening to the fans regarding Cannon. I get the impression Hill takes his own council on all things Dale related the other obvious is we shipped another three goals at home which is an alarming stat.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2018 20:14]

Counsel

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Things to build on on 21:52 - Oct 13 with 4359 viewskiwidale

Things to build on on 20:23 - Oct 13 by rochdaleriddler

Counsel

I am a free man. I am not in any clique. I spell it how I want.

Things to build on on 21:53 - Oct 13 with 4346 viewsdingdangblue

Things to build on...

Our next 2 opponents are both teams below us - we haven't lost to any team below us this season so far. Attack like we did today but take our chances and we'll be ok.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Things to build on on 21:55 - Oct 13 with 4341 viewsTVOS1907

Things to build on on 21:53 - Oct 13 by dingdangblue

Things to build on...

Our next 2 opponents are both teams below us - we haven't lost to any team below us this season so far. Attack like we did today but take our chances and we'll be ok.

What if we don't?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Things to build on on 21:57 - Oct 13 with 4337 viewskiwidale

Things to build on on 21:55 - Oct 13 by TVOS1907

What if we don't?

Blame Dale23years.

Things to build on on 22:03 - Oct 13 with 4322 viewsdingdangblue

Things to build on on 21:55 - Oct 13 by TVOS1907

What if we don't?

We play Charlton and then the rest of our games and carry on supporting.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Things to build on on 22:08 - Oct 13 with 4303 viewsTVOS1907

Things to build on on 22:03 - Oct 13 by dingdangblue

We play Charlton and then the rest of our games and carry on supporting.

Oh yes, that's never in doubt.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Things to build on on 22:09 - Oct 13 with 4302 viewsMoonyDale

Things to build on on 21:53 - Oct 13 by dingdangblue

Things to build on...

There are now only 8 teams below us, of those 8 how many have a worse record over the past 6 games? None.....Every one has gained more points than us over that period.....Nothing can be taken for granted just because they are below us..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Things to build on on 22:25 - Oct 13 with 4272 viewsdingdangblue

Things to build on on 22:09 - Oct 13 by MoonyDale

There are now only 8 teams below us, of those 8 how many have a worse record over the past 6 games? None.....Every one has gained more points than us over that period.....Nothing can be taken for granted just because they are below us..

I'm not taking anything for granted - but the thread title is 'things to build on' - so a bit of positivity. Today's performance was something to build on in my opinion - or would you prefer...

We are gonna lose the next 2 games.
We are going down.

Things to build on on 22:41 - Oct 13 with 4241 viewsMoonyDale

Things to build on on 22:25 - Oct 13 by dingdangblue

I'm not taking anything for granted - but the thread title is 'things to build on' - so a bit of positivity. Today's performance was something to build on in my opinion - or would you prefer...

We are gonna lose the next 2 games.
We are going down.

Well unless you are Mystic Meg you have no idea if we will win the next 2 games, the same as myself not knowing if we will lose them. I deal in reality not wishful thinking. The reality is we have worse form than the 8 below us over the last half dozen games, I have no issue as I have stated in the way we played going forward today apart from not being able to score more than the opposition. But at the back we are a shambles and have been for 2 seasons now, I see nothing positive in that at all...Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you just as your unerring positivity after yet another shambolic defensive performance doesn't sit well with me...It's Hilly's job to sort it and he's failed over the past 2 seasons to do so. I have no idea why he is struggling to fix it, perhaps he is in pain from having you lodged so far up his backside that only your feet are showing...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Things to build on on 22:52 - Oct 13 with 4216 viewsdingdangblue

Things to build on on 22:41 - Oct 13 by MoonyDale

Well unless you are Mystic Meg you have no idea if we will win the next 2 games, the same as myself not knowing if we will lose them. I deal in reality not wishful thinking. The reality is we have worse form than the 8 below us over the last half dozen games, I have no issue as I have stated in the way we played going forward today apart from not being able to score more than the opposition. But at the back we are a shambles and have been for 2 seasons now, I see nothing positive in that at all...Sorry if that doesn't sit well with you just as your unerring positivity after yet another shambolic defensive performance doesn't sit well with me...It's Hilly's job to sort it and he's failed over the past 2 seasons to do so. I have no idea why he is struggling to fix it, perhaps he is in pain from having you lodged so far up his backside that only your feet are showing...

Classy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024