Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Training camp in Portugal 15:02 - Jun 11 with 2594 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/june/pre-season--portugal-annoucement/

Fans can go along as well

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Training camp in Portugal on 15:08 - Jun 11 with 2573 viewsD_Alien

Good to see BBM (probably in conjunction with the board in terms of finance etc.) putting his own stamp on the pre-season

Pity the fan packages couldn't have been advertised much earlier though. Most people will be fixed up for the summer by now (not that i'd be taking it up)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Training camp in Portugal on 16:23 - Jun 11 with 2412 viewsJumeirahDale

Training camp in Portugal on 15:08 - Jun 11 by D_Alien

Good to see BBM (probably in conjunction with the board in terms of finance etc.) putting his own stamp on the pre-season

Pity the fan packages couldn't have been advertised much earlier though. Most people will be fixed up for the summer by now (not that i'd be taking it up)

Fair criticism and hopefully one they'll take on board for next year - certainly encouraging to see them thinking of stuff like this though.

For anyone with the spare time and cash it will I'm sure be a good experience - a mate of mine (Halifax Town fan) and I were on the Costa del Sol a few years back during a Dale pre season camp and popped down to a couple of the sessions and games. We were welcomed with open arms in spite of being uninvited, and there were plenty of opportunities to meet players, have chats before and after games etc. - Hilly came over during one of the training sessions unprompted and thanked everyone individually for coming along (happier times). IIRC Peterborough were at the same resort - a sunburned Barry Fry wandering around in a vest and shorts is something that can't be unseen.
Training camp in Portugal on 17:10 - Jun 11 with 2310 views1907

Training camp in Portugal on 15:08 - Jun 11 by D_Alien

I think the fans packages have been a bit of a last minute thing that the club became aware of.

I hope there are some fans able to go an experience things.

Heard the facilities in Portugal are excellent also & a much needed change from Tenerife.

Well done all involved.
Training camp in Portugal on 17:52 - Jun 11 with 2201 viewsEllDale

I think that there is an element of symbolism here; Hilly liked Tenerife but I'm boss now and we're going to Portugal.
A clean break with what has happened in the past.
Training camp in Portugal on 18:36 - Jun 11 with 2095 viewsSaxonDale

£850 seems very expensive/optimistic for the supporter package!
Training camp in Portugal on 18:39 - Jun 11 with 2087 viewsblackdogblue

Can get the deal, £326 single, £487 for 2, including baggage & xfers.

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Training camp in Portugal on 19:03 - Jun 11 with 2035 viewsSuddenLad

No surprises there.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Training camp in Portugal on 19:42 - Jun 11 with 1922 viewsDalenet

Training camp in Portugal on 16:23 - Jun 11 by JumeirahDale

Fair criticism and hopefully one they'll take on board for next year - certainly encouraging to see them thinking of stuff like this though.

For anyone with the spare time and cash it will I'm sure be a good experience - a mate of mine (Halifax Town fan) and I were on the Costa del Sol a few years back during a Dale pre season camp and popped down to a couple of the sessions and games. We were welcomed with open arms in spite of being uninvited, and there were plenty of opportunities to meet players, have chats before and after games etc. - Hilly came over during one of the training sessions unprompted and thanked everyone individually for coming along (happier times). IIRC Peterborough were at the same resort - a sunburned Barry Fry wandering around in a vest and shorts is something that can't be unseen.

The sponsor packages were known about months ago and clearly haven't sold. I do wonder whether the fans packages have been made available because we will now have fewer players going than was assumed with any pre-booking made. Will be interesting to see if they sell. Or maybe the fans packages are using the spaces paid for by the club already for the sponsors places that have yet to sell. Better to sell space to fans if there is no sponsor
Login to get fewer ads

Training camp in Portugal on 07:42 - Jun 12 with 1518 viewsEllDale

That's quite an astute thought.
If none of the players offered fresh terms sign and there are no new acquisitions before they fly out then it will be a wafer thin squad making the trip.
Unless the odd trialist or two are taken along to pad out the numbers.
Training camp in Portugal on 12:43 - Jun 12 with 1243 viewsboromat

Training camp in Portugal on 07:42 - Jun 12 by EllDale

That's quite an astute thought.
If none of the players offered fresh terms sign and there are no new acquisitions before they fly out then it will be a wafer thin squad making the trip.
Unless the odd trialist or two are taken along to pad out the numbers.

Surely it'd be better to pad the squad out with the youth team and give them the experience? Unless money is an issue and they're trying to claw some of it back.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024