Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which way would you vote in a General Election 07:23 - Sep 5 with 21947 viewsEllGazzell

Which way would you vote in a General Election

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 13:55 - Sep 6 with 1612 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 13:29 - Sep 6 by D_Alien

Ah, i'll accept your apology, as i said i would

The fact erm... remains, that a huge majority of parliamentarians invoked Article 50 in early 2017 with the explicit intention of leaving the EU. The only reason it's been extended is due to the proposed deal being so poorly negotiated that it's proved unacceptable to parliament, in the hope of securing a better one. I fully support that. But it doesn't change the substance of the original legislation, which is that we leave the EU with or without a deal

Parliament has thus far proved itself incapable of honouring it's own legislation. That might be settled by a general election (or may not) but there's only one way to find out

Edit: talking of sunshine in a less offensive way, this is at least keeping me objectionably amused until the cricket starts

Carry on
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 13:31]

If it makes you feel better to pretend I gave you an apology then go for it.

If a deal acceptable to Parliament is not achievable, and Parliament does not want no deal, then, providing it has the numbers, Parliament can revoke Article 50. The government of the day will probably want a mandate (people’s vote) but, providing it’s got the numbers, that’s their decision.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 14:06 - Sep 6 with 1597 views1949er

Another question would be, whichbuffoon do you want at number10?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 14:45 - Sep 6 with 1561 viewsD_Alien

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 13:55 - Sep 6 by BigDaveMyCock

If it makes you feel better to pretend I gave you an apology then go for it.

If a deal acceptable to Parliament is not achievable, and Parliament does not want no deal, then, providing it has the numbers, Parliament can revoke Article 50. The government of the day will probably want a mandate (people’s vote) but, providing it’s got the numbers, that’s their decision.

Well of course you haven't apologised, any more than you didn't intend your knee-jerk to my first post to be objectionable...

The cricket's started

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 15:19 - Sep 6 with 1536 viewsoff2div1

Why is conservative red and Labour blue
Which way would you vote in a General Election on 15:36 - Sep 6 with 1523 viewsdalenumber2

I wonder how many of those who have chosen Conservative have done so because they think they are doing a good job as opposed to 'always voted Conservative' or 'don't know who else to vote for/too frightened of Jeremy Corbyn".
Which way would you vote in a General Election on 15:57 - Sep 6 with 1503 viewsrochdaleriddler

Credit tuckered Facebook page

Just try and imagine being such a contemptible gobshite that you think you can bully an old man who has spent the last few years being villified as an incompetent, anti-semitic, Stalinist spy by the media, the opposition and his own party, by calling him a chicken in a shit attempt to bend him to your will. What a f****** tit.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 16:05 - Sep 6 with 1489 viewsoff2div1

Can’t wait for Labour to get in and after Corbyn has finished there will be another note to the next government to say there’s no money left the country’s bankrupt.Just like last time.
Which way would you vote in a General Election on 16:27 - Sep 6 with 1466 viewselectricblue

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 17:40 - Sep 5 by soulboy

God help us, Boris and Nigel. Theres only one thing worse than a Tory, that's a cloth cap Tory. There seems to be plenty of them on here.

There are a lot of Red Tories that are under the guise of Labour....
Labour have been many a decade away from what they where formed for they may aswell change their name to something more appropriate.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 17:09 - Sep 6 with 1429 viewsrochdale_ranger

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 15:36 - Sep 6 by dalenumber2

I wonder how many of those who have chosen Conservative have done so because they think they are doing a good job as opposed to 'always voted Conservative' or 'don't know who else to vote for/too frightened of Jeremy Corbyn".

If you pretend that Brexit isn’t happening the Conservative party are doing ok and the economy is doing relatively well. Corbyn is as establishment as they come, he has been in politics for decades so don’t be fooled by the anti establishment nonsense. I’m not frightened by corbyn I’m terrified by the prospect of divisive identity politics driven people like Dianne abbot being the Home Secretary.
Which way would you vote in a General Election on 17:11 - Sep 6 with 1428 viewsrochdaleriddler

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 16:05 - Sep 6 by off2div1

Can’t wait for Labour to get in and after Corbyn has finished there will be another note to the next government to say there’s no money left the country’s bankrupt.Just like last time.

Every outgoing chancellor does this, it’s tradition

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 17:14 - Sep 6 with 1424 viewsrochdaleriddler

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 17:09 - Sep 6 by rochdale_ranger

If you pretend that Brexit isn’t happening the Conservative party are doing ok and the economy is doing relatively well. Corbyn is as establishment as they come, he has been in politics for decades so don’t be fooled by the anti establishment nonsense. I’m not frightened by corbyn I’m terrified by the prospect of divisive identity politics driven people like Dianne abbot being the Home Secretary.

I actually agree with you, which Is why the attacks on Corbyn
Mystify me, he ain’t some revolutionary outsider, no one in parliament is, by the same token neither is farage, he is trying to be an outsider, a man of the people but is rather a pound shop trump, berating the establishment he is very much part of

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 17:24 - Sep 6 with 1399 viewsrochdale_ranger

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 17:14 - Sep 6 by rochdaleriddler

I actually agree with you, which Is why the attacks on Corbyn
Mystify me, he ain’t some revolutionary outsider, no one in parliament is, by the same token neither is farage, he is trying to be an outsider, a man of the people but is rather a pound shop trump, berating the establishment he is very much part of

Yes I agree with that, I think people on the right and people on the left see in their prospective candidates and opponents what they want. The left think Farage,Trump and Johnson are nazis and people on the right caricature Corbyn as a red under the bed. Some of Corbyns policies are attractive (nationalising the railways is the good and proper patriotic thing to do rather then letting foreign corporations own our infrastructure, but nationalisation would not be permitted under EU law) but when you look at the ugly identity politics side of things it’s a no from me. Labour have pilloried anybody opposed to mass migration as a racist, which makes it all the more funny as they are being labelled as anti Semitic. They clearly aren’t they just don’t agree with the actions of Israel.
Which way would you vote in a General Election on 17:37 - Sep 6 with 1380 viewsrochdaleriddler

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 17:24 - Sep 6 by rochdale_ranger

Yes I agree with that, I think people on the right and people on the left see in their prospective candidates and opponents what they want. The left think Farage,Trump and Johnson are nazis and people on the right caricature Corbyn as a red under the bed. Some of Corbyns policies are attractive (nationalising the railways is the good and proper patriotic thing to do rather then letting foreign corporations own our infrastructure, but nationalisation would not be permitted under EU law) but when you look at the ugly identity politics side of things it’s a no from me. Labour have pilloried anybody opposed to mass migration as a racist, which makes it all the more funny as they are being labelled as anti Semitic. They clearly aren’t they just don’t agree with the actions of Israel.

I don’t think people on the right are nazi’s I’ve always had regard for tories like heseltine, and in hindsight major. I don’t want people marching down the streets, left or right. There is a balance to be struck, our assets like water electricity, rail etc should be owned by the state. Private enterprise can and does cater for most stuff. I hate the atmosphere brexit has created, I can’t see a good ending

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 17:42 - Sep 6 with 1371 viewsrochdale_ranger

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 17:37 - Sep 6 by rochdaleriddler

I don’t think people on the right are nazi’s I’ve always had regard for tories like heseltine, and in hindsight major. I don’t want people marching down the streets, left or right. There is a balance to be struck, our assets like water electricity, rail etc should be owned by the state. Private enterprise can and does cater for most stuff. I hate the atmosphere brexit has created, I can’t see a good ending

I think a clean break from the EU should have been swifter rather then all of the delay. Parliament have acted disgracefully over the past three years as have the EU.
Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:00 - Sep 6 with 1358 viewssweetcorn

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 09:45 - Sep 5 by jonesy

Greens are there. No Brexit. Amazed that 80% want to stay in Europe!

We’re a working class town, labour represent the working class, what else did you expect?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:07 - Sep 6 with 1347 viewssoulboy

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:00 - Sep 6 by sweetcorn

We’re a working class town, labour represent the working class, what else did you expect?

You wouldn't realise that looking at some of the pro Tory codswallop on here.
Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:12 - Sep 6 with 1340 viewsrochdaleriddler

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 17:42 - Sep 6 by rochdale_ranger

I think a clean break from the EU should have been swifter rather then all of the delay. Parliament have acted disgracefully over the past three years as have the EU.

I’m not a big Jeremy clarkson fan but he has always maintained brexit isn’t deliverable

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:18 - Sep 6 with 1321 viewsrochdale_ranger

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:07 - Sep 6 by soulboy

You wouldn't realise that looking at some of the pro Tory codswallop on here.

What is there in your life that labour would personally make better for you that is Not achievable now? Serious question.
Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:19 - Sep 6 with 1318 viewssweetcorn

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 17:24 - Sep 6 by rochdale_ranger

Our railway infrastructure isn’t owned by a foreign corporation, network rail is a government body.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:30 - Sep 6 with 1293 viewsjonahwhereru

The Conservative in my constituency is always a shoe in so my vote does not count for much. Although the majority over Labour last time was below 5,500 for the first time. The incumbent is a member of the ERG who I despise. So I live in hope one day he will get turned over. In truth he is so right wing he should join the Brexit Party.
Finally Boris Johnson is the most unscrupulous minister, since Tony Blair took us to war based on a lie. The conservatives will win the next election. But I do Suspect it will be a further 10 years before they are in power again.
Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:35 - Sep 6 with 1284 viewsrochdale_ranger

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:19 - Sep 6 by sweetcorn

Our railway infrastructure isn’t owned by a foreign corporation, network rail is a government body.

Arriva is a German company runs some of the trains in the U.K. I’m quite sure another foreign company is involved with northern rail. I should have been more specific.
Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:38 - Sep 6 with 1279 viewsEllGazzell

"but nationalisation would not be permitted under EU law)"

ROFLMFAO which EU law is that then?

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:41 - Sep 6 with 1266 viewsrochdaleriddler

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:19 - Sep 6 by sweetcorn

The trains are run by private companies who lease the rolling stock. It’s a shite arrangement and needs ending

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:45 - Sep 6 with 1256 viewsArthurDaley

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:35 - Sep 6 by rochdale_ranger

Arriva is a German company runs some of the trains in the U.K. I’m quite sure another foreign company is involved with northern rail. I should have been more specific.

West Coast is now Italian.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/14/italian-train-company-takes-west-coast-mainline-1

A large VAT Dave

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 19:04 - Sep 6 with 1228 viewsjonahwhereru

Which way would you vote in a General Election on 18:45 - Sep 6 by ArthurDaley

West Coast is now Italian.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/08/14/italian-train-company-takes-west-coast-mainline-1

The C2C line, Fenchurch St to you and me, is also owned by a wing of the Italian government. It is the 3rd top rated line in the country. So not everything Italian is chaotic. Truth is many franchises in the country are owned by companies controlled by other European governments. So nationalisation by government may be banned in the EU ( I have no ideas tbh), but that is mere semantics, if true, cos they are all over our franchises in reality.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024