Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield appoint new manager 11:46 - Sep 9 with 2168 viewsSuddenLad

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Huddersfield appoint new manager on 11:48 - Sep 9 with 2149 viewsfitzochris

After turning them down. This has shades of Keith Hill circa 2011.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Huddersfield appoint new manager on 12:29 - Sep 9 with 2021 viewsoddjob007

Huddersfield appoint new manager on 11:48 - Sep 9 by fitzochris

After turning them down. This has shades of Keith Hill circa 2011.

Lincoln will struggle big time without him - very much a Keith Hill of Old getting the best out of average players.
Huddersfield appoint new manager on 12:39 - Sep 9 with 1973 viewsfitzochris

Huddersfield appoint new manager on 12:29 - Sep 9 by oddjob007

Lincoln will struggle big time without him - very much a Keith Hill of Old getting the best out of average players.

I was meaning more that he turned down Barnsley thinking he was getting the Sheffield United job but then accepted their offer when that didn’t happen.

I agree that it will be a body blow to Lincoln, though.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Huddersfield appoint new manager on 12:45 - Sep 9 with 1929 viewsD_Alien

In addition to potentially undermining Lincoln's resurgence (their last few results have perhaps been indicative of the unrest caused by Cowley's imminent departure), i'm also pleased to see Huddersfield going for an English manager rather than relying on importing yet another foreign coach after a modicum of success

Ultimately, i hope Lincoln survive the blow, and stay in L1. (We didn't.) They're a proper football league club with, it would appear, good financial values

[Post edited 9 Sep 2019 12:47]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Huddersfield appoint new manager on 13:29 - Sep 9 with 1814 viewsCleedale

My understanding is that Clive Nates (Sth. African owner) has had a huge influence (and initially with money loaned) that was the catalyst of Lincoln City getting out of the Conference in the first place.

Don't think that any or that 'old' board exists (Bob Dorian etc) as feel sure that they all resigned. They were teetering on relegation to Conference North at one point on gates circa 2,000 with debts, in need of a modern-era all-purpose ground and little in the way of training facilities to match their meteoric rise.

No doubting that the Cowleys have been the major signings for them and have brought success and very much improved gates.

I also get the impression that this has been all too much too quickly - even talk a few weeks back of having NO money for the rest of this season as the budget is spent up.

What did Hilly say once about us...'We were a club built on sand?"

What we did have was the beginnings of what's come to fruition through lot's of successful players being brought through the system etc. I'm pretty sure that that ethos does not presently exist at Lincoln as there simply has not been the time. The vast majority of their signings appear experienced but probably from the more expensive end of the market (wage-wise).

If the Cowleys are about to leave it'll be interesting times ahead for the Imps. It slightly reminds me of the Hilly departure (Barnsley) in the way it appears to be panning out. £1M compensation for the 2 is rocket fuel for lower league these days but we all know how money like this can mean bugger all if you don't have the players and manager gelling and wanting to play.

We'll see...soon to be at Spotty.
Huddersfield appoint new manager on 16:25 - Sep 9 with 1605 viewsEllDale

Presumably Danny Cowley will take his brother with him?
They may well have thought long and hard about leaving Lincoln for Huddersfield because it may be a former Premiership club but there are plenty of stories around here about a fractured dressing room at the John Smiths Stadium, about the team not being fit and the new owner has already said that, despite a parachute payment, there is no money for new signings in the next transfer window.
Ironically enough one of the final nails in Jan Siewert's coffin was a home Carabao Cup defeat to Lincoln when he made eleven changes to the team from the previous game and saw the team booed off the pitch.
Huddersfield appoint new manager on 18:42 - Sep 9 with 1433 viewsjonahwhereru

The rise of the Cowley brothers has been phenomenal. For Danny, Concord Rangers And then Braintree Town, while still teaching PE at a local comprehensive. He has been in professional football for less than five years. He is very popular about these parts and I wish him and bro all the best.
I hope they find it just as smooth swimming in these deeper and more challenging waters.
Is the Pyke loan solid, or could a change of manager result in a recall so he can be re evaluated?
The next appointment at Lincoln will be key. In truth this has probably happen at a good time for the Dale.
Huddersfield appoint new manager on 19:12 - Sep 9 with 1346 viewsfrenzied

.?.Sol Campbell
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield appoint new manager on 19:13 - Sep 9 with 1347 viewsShun

Huddersfield appoint new manager on 18:42 - Sep 9 by jonahwhereru

The rise of the Cowley brothers has been phenomenal. For Danny, Concord Rangers And then Braintree Town, while still teaching PE at a local comprehensive. He has been in professional football for less than five years. He is very popular about these parts and I wish him and bro all the best.
I hope they find it just as smooth swimming in these deeper and more challenging waters.
Is the Pyke loan solid, or could a change of manager result in a recall so he can be re evaluated?
The next appointment at Lincoln will be key. In truth this has probably happen at a good time for the Dale.

The job the pair of them have done is undeniable. But the football they play is terrible, typified by having big lumps up front, as seen with the success of Akinde, a sub-League-Two clogger. Teams like Rochdale are ripping up the myth that lower league sides don’t play football, while the Cowley brothers were sending that perception back 20 years.

Lincoln fans won’t have minded though, the rise they’ve seen has been phenomenal!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024