Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust meeting with directors 18:22 - Nov 14 with 21323 views442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/11/meeting-with-the-directors-nov-2019/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust meeting with directors on 19:26 - Nov 15 with 2444 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with directors on 19:22 - Nov 15 by ChaffRAFC

If we have a gala dinner, separate from the end of season do, brilliant. If it replaces it, we'll have a repeat of the reaction we had last time!

Separate is fine but it will dilute the reasoning. As for a backlash, sure.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust meeting with directors on 19:27 - Nov 15 with 2435 views442Dale

Trust meeting with directors on 19:22 - Nov 15 by ChaffRAFC

If we have a gala dinner, separate from the end of season do, brilliant. If it replaces it, we'll have a repeat of the reaction we had last time!

A well thought out, composed reaction to valid points from the Trust and supporters?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/march/statement-gala-dinner_cancellation

Excellent.

Trust meeting with directors on 19:30 - Nov 15 with 2418 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with directors on 19:27 - Nov 15 by 442Dale

A well thought out, composed reaction to valid points from the Trust and supporters?

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/march/statement-gala-dinner_cancellation

Excellent.

Yes, the sound of over priced toys exiting a pram

Trust meeting with directors on 19:34 - Nov 15 with 2405 viewsShun

Trust meeting with directors on 08:15 - Nov 15 by TalkingSutty

What a depressing response from the Chairman...so survival is now our only ambition. If that really is the case then maybe he and the Directors should step aside and others with a bit more ambition and drive should step forward. We can’t be skint neither, the amount of money that has come into the Club since January tells you that. Money that hasn’t been budgeted for...the selling of Magahey, Cannon, Rafferty, Adshead, 900K add on from the Dawson transfer, £463 K from the United game. Around about £2 million and it’s just dismissed by those running the Club as a insignificance, the fans need to take more notice and think about what is being suggested. Maybe we are waiting for some ofthe money to be paid but we wouldn’t spend it all at once anyway so that’s irrelevant.

I’m not saying we will ever be flushed with money but at this moment in time when the budget has been slashed then we shouldn’t be in financial turmoil. If that’s the case then how did the previous Chairman and Directors manage because they never had the financial windfalls we have had over the last 10 months.

I also have a question for the Trust Board in relation to their meeting with the Directors and I know they all read this forum...Did the Trust forward the fans questions to the Directors PRIOR to the actual meeting or did they look the Directors in the eyes and ask the questions face to face on the day of the meeting?

Both your posts on this thread have been absolutely on point, TS.
Trust meeting with directors on 20:02 - Nov 15 with 2355 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Trust meeting with directors on 19:25 - Nov 15 by ChaffRAFC

On a serious note, the report of the meeting is a thoroughly depressing read and does leave a bitter taste in the mouth. It should make the next set of accounts a very interesting read as well.

Interesting that the Goldbond is such a hot issue that it requires a separate meeting as well.

Thoroughly depressing reading. If 2 million or so has disappeared into a black hole then something is seriously wrong!

I doubt hill and beech pay off was close to £500k and I can’t see the day we will ever pay a player 5 - 10k a week (even on a short contract we would not pay 5k a week)

It does make me wonder where all this cash has gone and can only assume that hill had massively overspent on wages, along with buying the ground and hornets being propped up again.

Still, not to worry, when we flog camps in January (as we “could not stand in the way of the players ambition and the fee (non disclosed) was substantial for a player out of contract in the summer”) we can all smile knowing we are able to pay Calvin and Josh’s wages until the end of the season, when they get released.

Out of interest does anyone know who is out of contact in summer?

Other than camps I can’t think of anyone who we should retain!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Trust meeting with directors on 20:23 - Nov 15 with 2307 viewsleedsdale

Trust meeting with directors on 20:02 - Nov 15 by Thacks_Rabbits

Thoroughly depressing reading. If 2 million or so has disappeared into a black hole then something is seriously wrong!

I doubt hill and beech pay off was close to £500k and I can’t see the day we will ever pay a player 5 - 10k a week (even on a short contract we would not pay 5k a week)

It does make me wonder where all this cash has gone and can only assume that hill had massively overspent on wages, along with buying the ground and hornets being propped up again.

Still, not to worry, when we flog camps in January (as we “could not stand in the way of the players ambition and the fee (non disclosed) was substantial for a player out of contract in the summer”) we can all smile knowing we are able to pay Calvin and Josh’s wages until the end of the season, when they get released.

Out of interest does anyone know who is out of contact in summer?

Other than camps I can’t think of anyone who we should retain!

Lillis
McLaughlin
Williams
Camps
Hopper
Bradley
Dooley
Henderson
Gillam
Andrew
Tavares
Wilbraham

Hendo, Tavares and Camps for me, barring any significant uplift in form. Maybe Williams.
Trust meeting with directors on 20:35 - Nov 15 with 2278 viewsnordenblue

Trust meeting with directors on 19:26 - Nov 15 by judd

Separate is fine but it will dilute the reasoning. As for a backlash, sure.

Aww you're just diluted
Trust meeting with directors on 21:43 - Nov 15 with 2195 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with directors on 20:35 - Nov 15 by nordenblue

Aww you're just diluted

Doo doo Brain Barry Murphy (8)

Login to get fewer ads

Trust meeting with directors on 23:23 - Nov 15 with 2103 viewsrochdaleriddler

I’m currently reading the overcoat men, it has depressing similarities to the current situation

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Trust meeting with directors on 00:48 - Nov 16 with 2052 viewsSuddenLad

Trust meeting with directors on 23:23 - Nov 15 by rochdaleriddler

I’m currently reading the overcoat men, it has depressing similarities to the current situation

With a better ending I'll bet.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Trust meeting with directors on 08:49 - Nov 16 with 1918 viewsDale27

Trust meeting with directors on 15:31 - Nov 15 by TVOS1907

Do you mean

(a) making money for the club, or
(b) making money for themselves?

The money is going somewhere, clearly not to the playing side of the club based on that interview...
Trust meeting with directors on 09:02 - Nov 16 with 1894 viewsTVOS1907

Trust meeting with directors on 08:49 - Nov 16 by Dale27

The money is going somewhere, clearly not to the playing side of the club based on that interview...

So have you got any evidence to show where you think it's going?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Trust meeting with directors on 09:05 - Nov 16 with 1891 views442Dale

On the subject of attracting investment and taking this statement into account:

<<"We have a long history where the Board at Dale have evolved rather than been subject to frequent change, and that has provided a stability and an acceptance of the “Rochdale way”. The Board accepted this but responded that the game has changed in recent years and there is an ever-growing need for financial support in the game. In recent years, we have been heavily reliant on player sales, and we cannot keep hoping that player sales will fill the financial gap. We sold three players in 2018-19, and we cannot as a club assume we will always be able to do that.">>

Questions to consider:
- Is this requirement for financial support going to be a season on season amount that will help "fill the financial gap"?
- If so, when player sales are at a higher lever, would this investment be adjusted as the "financial gap" would not be as large?
- If, as stated by the Chairman, that "his vision for the club was a survivability and to not end up like Bury. The intention is always to do better than “as well as we can”" then presumably any potential investors who have signed non-disclosure agreements are fully aware of this as they "would have to be aligned to the vision of the Board"?

Also, when the Trust raised the subject in September...
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/09/meeting-with-the-club-4/
... there was mention of the investment and training facilities:
<<"Given the club have spoke on a number of different occasions in the past couple of years about attracting investment into the club, we shared our concerns that it is exactly these sort of outside investors that had brought such misery into certain clubs, and that we would be naturally very wary. The club stated that as a club that doesn’t even own its own training facilities, such investment was necessary for us to continue at the level we are but there would be no consideration whatsoever about involving someone like those seen down the road.">>

Questions to consider:
- Is the investment required because "the game has changed in recent years and there is an ever-growing need for financial support in the game" or "as a club that doesn’t even own its own training facilities, such investment was necessary for us to continue at the level we are"?

If these are one and the same, and taking the following into consideration from October: https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/10/meeting-with-the-club-5/
<<"We enquired about the current state of the training facilities used by the first team. The club have previously stated that the facilities at Rochdale Cricket Club have been improved this season and the players are delighted with what is on offer there. The club are in discussions with Rochdale Cricket Club to expand on the facilities available. It has been a key aim for the club to get a training base for the players for several years and this is without doubt the closest that the club have come to acquiring them. The facility at Platt Lane remains available to the club as well.">>

- Has the level of investment required and necessity for it to ensure we "continue at the level we are" and "always to do better than “as well as we can”" changed with the club being in discussion with Rochdale CC to expand on the facilities there, or are the two inextricably linked?

Trust meeting with directors on 09:47 - Nov 16 with 1843 viewsfitzochris

Some of these follow up questions highlight the value of asking the original questions face to face and not emailing them in advance.

Still a lack of certainty around a lot of key issues from what I can ascertain and I’m hearing the Goldbond is an absolute shambles to the detriment of those having to sell it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Trust meeting with directors on 09:53 - Nov 16 with 1820 viewsSuddenLad

Trust meeting with directors on 09:47 - Nov 16 by fitzochris

Some of these follow up questions highlight the value of asking the original questions face to face and not emailing them in advance.

Still a lack of certainty around a lot of key issues from what I can ascertain and I’m hearing the Goldbond is an absolute shambles to the detriment of those having to sell it.

The Golden Gamble is another embarrassing shambles. That's more income lost.......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Trust meeting with directors on 13:19 - Nov 16 with 1709 viewsEllDale

To be fair I'd be holding my head in my hands if I was on the board and looking at the fixture list.
Only one home game in December and that's on Boxing Day against a team which doesn't have the largest away following.
If that game falls foul of the weather there could be severe cash flow implications with wages due at the end of the month.
Trust meeting with directors on 13:26 - Nov 16 with 1693 viewsDorislove

Trust meeting with directors on 12:37 - Nov 15 by TalkingSutty

Well Chris Dunphy and Bill Goodwin both left the Club at the end of the year, the circumstances of their departures have already been discussed but let’s remember both these men are local to the Town and are known to a lot of supporters. Bill Goodwin was holding the fort as the temporary CEO just before his departure while a person with expertise in that department was appointed, so he was fully aware of the financial standing of the Club.

The Club was in good financial health with money in the bank when they both left, Chris Dunphy actually stated that on his departure in one of his interviews and nobody in the current Boardroom disputed that. Plenty of fans know Bill Goodwin and if you speak to him he will confirm when they left the Club it was in good health. When you see them both,approach them and just ask them if the Club was skint when they left, i’m sure they will confirm either way. In fact they might even sign up to this forum and give their side of the story.

Since their departure we have had to pay the management team off, they haven’t been replaced as such and the playing squad has been slashed, so a very big saving in wages. We have also generated a lot of money into the Club , as outlined previously. To suggest that Chris Dunphy is responsible for overspending to the extent that we now don’t have a pot to piss in isn’t right. Hills budget was increased and he had too many players but a lot of those were loan signings.

My own personal thoughts are that the youth academy and training ground are seen as priority over the first team and which league we are competing in. Is there a burning desire from the Chairman and those in the Boardroom to keep us competing in League One and to constantly keep trying to improve the product on the pitch? I don’t think there is. The BBM interview following the Wrexham game was also a big worry, if he thinks the fans should be pleased by what we had to endure that afternoon then god help us, it was a performance which harked back to the early 1980s.

I’m genuinely concerned about the Club because the reply from the boardroom to the question posed by the Trust just screams of lack of ambition and doom and gloom. The Chairman is a mute and might as well not be there, having listened to him speak he doesn’t sound right arsed whether he’s involved or not anyway. It’s a rudderless ship, a ‘us and them’ and a feeling that certain individuals think they can do exactly what they want and everybody else has to either like it or lump it.

The fans need to wake up and start thinking things through, find there voices because if things don’t change it’s going to end up badly this. It’s not even personal against those running the Club, if they are struggling then say so and hand over the reins to others who might be able to do the job better. Using bury’s demise to justify the Boardrooms ambition as ‘survival’ is totally wrong...their demise was down to con men/charlatans infiltrating the boardroom and abusing the structure of the club. Their fans also contributed because they believed everything that came out of the Chairman and Directors mouths, their supporters trust ( Forever Bury) were also too close to the Boardroom and ended up in their back pocket!

If somebody is investing in the football club ,what are they going to get in return,shares /interest payments/ownership of the ground ???
They will not do it for the love of the club for sure.
Trust meeting with directors on 13:28 - Nov 16 with 1686 viewsDalenet

Trust meeting with directors on 13:19 - Nov 16 by EllDale

To be fair I'd be holding my head in my hands if I was on the board and looking at the fixture list.
Only one home game in December and that's on Boxing Day against a team which doesn't have the largest away following.
If that game falls foul of the weather there could be severe cash flow implications with wages due at the end of the month.

All the more reason to get a second round cup tie at home on 1st December. Need to win next Tuesday
Trust meeting with directors on 13:39 - Nov 16 with 1665 viewsmightydale

Trust meeting with directors on 09:47 - Nov 16 by fitzochris

Everything the board touch (or tried to improve) ends up an absolute shambles.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Trust meeting with directors on 13:51 - Nov 16 with 1646 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with directors on 19:25 - Nov 15 by ChaffRAFC

On a serious note, the report of the meeting is a thoroughly depressing read and does leave a bitter taste in the mouth. It should make the next set of accounts a very interesting read as well.

Interesting that the Goldbond is such a hot issue that it requires a separate meeting as well.

Has the date been set?

Trust meeting with directors on 14:06 - Nov 16 with 1624 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust meeting with directors on 13:26 - Nov 16 by Dorislove

If somebody is investing in the football club ,what are they going to get in return,shares /interest payments/ownership of the ground ???
They will not do it for the love of the club for sure.

....and that is the big concern, why would anybody who is not a dyed in the wool Dale fan want to invest in a league club with one of the smallest home support in the country? The attraction for any investor looking at the Club is the fact that we own our stadium and the bars/ car park and that is the biggest fear, do we trust those running the Club not to finance the Stadium, or use it as a bargaining tool to attract investment, basically gambling with the future of the football club?

It took a god send in the name of Keith Hill and a lot of hard work from people who are no longer at the club to finally secure the Stadium and it needs to be ring fenced now for the future generation of fans to enjoy. Trust is never a given and those now running the Club and making the financial decisions need to be held to account, why shouldn’t they be ?

The CEO is a person who had no previous experience in that role, or financial expertise in running a professional football club and he is now responsible for managing a multi million pound budget and handling player transactions etc...now he could be doing a very good job for all we know, but for fans to not be a bit sceptical under those circumstances would be akin to looking the other way and not caring about the Club, that’s what most Bury fans did and look how that ended up.

I really hope he comes up trumps in the long run and proves to us all that the fear a lot of fans have are unfounded, but that’s going to take time and in the meantime the fans should question things if they have any concerns. In this current climate it’s imperative that fans of every Club get involved in how their particular Club is being run, those in the Boardroom might not like it but just leaving everything to trust isn’t good enough anymore, look what’s happened to Clubs like Bury, Macc, Oldham, Bolton etc. We’ve recently had major upheaval in the Boardroom and for the fans to not be suspicious and on our guard would be wrong.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2019 14:11]
Trust meeting with directors on 14:31 - Nov 16 with 1576 viewsDale27

Trust meeting with directors on 09:02 - Nov 16 by TVOS1907

So have you got any evidence to show where you think it's going?

Of course I haven’t.

But you knew that.
Trust meeting with directors on 14:33 - Nov 16 with 1566 viewsDalenet

Trust meeting with directors on 14:31 - Nov 16 by Dale27

Of course I haven’t.

But you knew that.

Have you not read the thread
Trust meeting with directors on 15:55 - Nov 16 with 1492 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Trust meeting with directors on 13:19 - Nov 16 by EllDale

Presumably that’s why the Man U money has been banked?
Trust meeting with directors on 18:38 - Nov 16 with 1406 viewsDale27

Trust meeting with directors on 14:33 - Nov 16 by Dalenet

Have you not read the thread

Clearly, that’s why me and others are questioning where the money is actually going...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024