Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matheson 20:23 - Nov 23 with 3699 viewsCockneyDale

I like Matheson: he’s got great potential, has great attitude and works hard. I hope it’s not sacrilegious to say this about our golden boy, but he does seem to be a weakness defending at the back post. For the first two goals today he lost his man and it was the same against Sunderland and another game (can’t remember which it was, possibly Wimbledon?). I have no desire to pile on anyone - he’s a kid learning his trade against much more experienced, bigger men - but if it’s a weakness in our team evident to me then it will be evident to much more football-educated people than me.
Matheson on 21:29 - Nov 23 with 3551 viewsscarrow

Look at the bench today what other options did the manager have?

Poll: Final position

Matheson on 21:35 - Nov 23 with 3524 viewsShun

Unfortunately I agree. In general he performs very, very well every game he plays and I’m a huge fan. But he does have at least one mistake in him per game that often leads to a goal. There are a few goals we’ve conceded this season I can think of off the top of my head where he should’ve done a lot better.

Also agree with scarrow though, he was the only one who could’ve played today!
Matheson on 21:41 - Nov 23 with 3502 viewsdingdangblue

I'm not sure it was Matheson's brief to follow Curtis around the pitch - both goals looked central to me.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Matheson on 21:42 - Nov 23 with 3500 viewsscarrow

If you look at recent games Matheson hasn't started too many. He's still learning the game and will make mistakes and I'm sure like Tavares has played more matches than the club really wanted so far. With 9 out the team picked itself today

Poll: Final position

Matheson on 22:02 - Nov 23 with 3427 viewsD_Alien

Matheson on 21:41 - Nov 23 by dingdangblue

I'm not sure it was Matheson's brief to follow Curtis around the pitch - both goals looked central to me.

Spot on. He was left isolated by poor decisions from those around him. If the ratings had been activated post match, he'd have been my MoM

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matheson on 22:05 - Nov 23 with 3414 viewsEllDale

On a few occasions he was left stranded upfield when we were dispossessed.
Matheson on 10:58 - Nov 24 with 3035 viewsYorkshire_Dale

He contributes more to the game at this tender age than most of our older mature players.
Matheson on 11:52 - Nov 24 with 2966 views1907

If McLaughlin ever manages to get himself fit, I’d love to see him at RB with Luke in front.
Login to get fewer ads

Matheson on 14:05 - Nov 24 with 2855 views49thseason

Looking at their second goal, there is a deflection off OConnell that left him in no mans land and gave their striker another couple of yards of space. Just bad luck.
Matheson on 14:45 - Nov 24 with 2795 viewsD_Alien

Matheson on 14:05 - Nov 24 by 49thseason

Looking at their second goal, there is a deflection off OConnell that left him in no mans land and gave their striker another couple of yards of space. Just bad luck.

And looking at their third, completely exonerates Matheson who was left covering two forwards. Why on earth Sanchez felt it necessary to start haranging him, i really don't know. It's neither fair nor professional

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matheson on 18:42 - Nov 24 with 2623 viewstodmordendale

Bad luck seems to abound. The ball seldom ricochets to one of our players. There were many instances yesterday. The ball bobbled in their area and always fell to a defender.
It is bad luck or just shite ?
Matheson on 19:04 - Nov 24 with 2584 viewspioneer

Matheson on 18:42 - Nov 24 by todmordendale

Bad luck seems to abound. The ball seldom ricochets to one of our players. There were many instances yesterday. The ball bobbled in their area and always fell to a defender.
It is bad luck or just shite ?

Wasnt it Bill Shankly who said the harder we train the luckier we get?
Matheson on 19:23 - Nov 24 with 2548 viewsSuddenLad

Matheson on 19:04 - Nov 24 by pioneer

Wasnt it Bill Shankly who said the harder we train the luckier we get?

Gary Player said it. 'The harder I practice the luckier I get'

We still did have some awful luck though, which was outside our control and we didn't get the rub of the green. It happens..

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Matheson on 10:59 - Nov 25 with 2241 viewsParkinsGimp

Matheson on 21:41 - Nov 23 by dingdangblue

Agreed, most goals at the moment are coming centrally through the midfield, usually around that clown Williams. I seriously cannot see what on earth he brings to the team.
Matheson on 16:32 - Nov 25 with 2081 viewsCockneyDale

Matheson on 21:29 - Nov 23 by scarrow

Look at the bench today what other options did the manager have?

I wasn't saying (and didn't) that he should necessarily be replaced - I agree that we have a paucity of options. It could be something for him to work on. It's just that when the ball comes over from our left side to the back post/last man he hasn't seemed on a few occasions to be as close as he could have been. The first two goals had him near but not close enough to the forward, which has also happened earlier in the season.

He's also defended brilliantly, don't get me wrong. The injury time tackle, or was it a pull-back, on Pogba springs to mind
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024