Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SACK THE BOARD 16:32 - Dec 1 with 45108 viewsRAFC1907

Absolutely terrible.

No ambition, robbing fans constantly with overpriced entrance fees for watching garbage.

Garbage created by them for not backing the manager with any money, constantly pocketing it and saying we don't have any.

1600 home fans today says it all.

No wonder we will always be little old Rochdale.

Shambles of a football club.

Poll: Bottomley...

SACK THE BOARD on 09:36 - Dec 3 with 2482 viewsSuddenLad

SACK THE BOARD on 09:33 - Dec 3 by fitzochris

So we should discount it altogether then?

Along with the Christmas Draw ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

SACK THE BOARD on 10:27 - Dec 3 with 2349 viewsdingdangblue

SACK THE BOARD on 09:33 - Dec 3 by fitzochris

So we should discount it altogether then?

No I am questioning if it is a major concern?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

SACK THE BOARD on 10:41 - Dec 3 with 2310 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD on 10:27 - Dec 3 by dingdangblue

No I am questioning if it is a major concern?

It's R concern.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

SACK THE BOARD on 10:44 - Dec 3 with 2302 viewsdingdangblue

SACK THE BOARD on 10:41 - Dec 3 by fitzochris

It's R concern.

Beating Boston away is a bigger concern.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

SACK THE BOARD on 10:45 - Dec 3 with 2299 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD on 10:44 - Dec 3 by dingdangblue

Beating Boston away is a bigger concern.

In the short term, perhaps.

SACK THE BOARD on 10:48 - Dec 3 with 2295 views49thseason

I think the Gold Bond has much greater potential than it is currently being allowed to have. It is , and has greater potential to be a vital link between the wider community and the club. The Gold Bond offer may not be the best at the moment, but having thousands of people participating opens up a word of other opportunities. But, and it might be a big but, like so much else it needs investment and innovation. There are 60 or 70,000 households in Rochdale, most of them have never been canvassed or incentified much like the people who traipse around collecting the money each week.
SACK THE BOARD on 11:12 - Dec 3 with 2249 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

SACK THE BOARD on 08:58 - Dec 3 by nordenblue

That's your opinion which is fine,but some folk would rather certain aspects of the club and the supporters were instead represented by an impartial/neutral type figure, especially when asking sometimes difficult questions with many times a conflicting idea.

As recent events highlight that's pretty impossible when a few of these folk rather than being neutral/ impartial are instead in bed together,in some cases quite literally it would seem, can you not see a slight conflict of interest in this?

This untouchable,not giving a toss and do what I like kind of mentality from above seems to have filtered down to the pitch.

It's a real shame as I think there is a decent manager in BBM ,but one thing that must be said is whilst working with his hands tied and a blindfold on, he's acted with nothing but professionalism which considering what he's surrounded by is massively commendable.

Agree about the impartiality bit wholeheartedly, if there’s any perception of a conflict of interest between trust & board the trust should take the necessary steps to remedy that. DB however is, like any chief executive, merely an implementer of decisions taken by the board, principally the chairman. Whether or not he comes across well to the fans is another matter however!
SACK THE BOARD on 11:18 - Dec 3 with 2231 viewsdingdangblue

SACK THE BOARD on 10:45 - Dec 3 by fitzochris

In the short term, perhaps.

In any term.
If you asked most fans what's more important?
Progress in the cups each season and drawing the likes of Spurs, Man Utd and Newcastle or having a successful raffle each week.

Login to get fewer ads

SACK THE BOARD on 11:27 - Dec 3 with 2202 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD on 11:18 - Dec 3 by dingdangblue

In any term.
Progress in the cups each season and drawing the likes of Spurs, Man Utd and Newcastle or having a successful raffle each week.

Wow, what a short-sighted individual.

SACK THE BOARD on 11:31 - Dec 3 with 2181 viewsRaymondJohn

Dale Lotto as canvassers out every single week and at every game, the recent xmas lights switch on again had canvassers there. I am not sure were you get info from that we dont canvas?? The current areas of agents rounds are purposely avoided as we hit virgin territory.
Please just ask before banging keyboard with false Info. We are aware of the number of households as anyone can access the demographics of any particular area , we have identified potential areas of success and its those we attack.
By all means anybody who wishes to canvass for us, please contact myself and we can set you up.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 11:35]
SACK THE BOARD on 11:36 - Dec 3 with 2157 viewsdingdangblue

SACK THE BOARD on 11:27 - Dec 3 by fitzochris

Wow, what a short-sighted individual.

Not really, just realistic. Reading your interview with Dunphy on the other thread I must have missed the bit where he says the livelihood and future of Rochdale AFC depends on a successful weekly raffle.

SACK THE BOARD on 11:39 - Dec 3 with 2148 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD on 11:36 - Dec 3 by dingdangblue

Not really, just realistic. Reading your interview with Dunphy on the other thread I must have missed the bit where he says the livelihood and future of Rochdale AFC depends on a successful weekly raffle.

At which point has anybody said that it does?

You're attempting to compare apples with oranges in a bid to sidestep your dismissive attitude towards the Dale Lotto.

SACK THE BOARD on 11:45 - Dec 3 with 2113 viewsrubycon

SACK THE BOARD on 11:18 - Dec 3 by dingdangblue

In any term.

Not to worry according to our CEOs Man U calculations the potential loss of a Newcastle home game at around 200k will only be worth about a months running costs so let's not make a big deal about any potential player investment that could arise if we get past Boston- PR has always been historically poor at RAFC with regards to giving our fan base some optimism but now it's shot out of the water.
SACK THE BOARD on 11:47 - Dec 3 with 2103 viewsTVOS1907

SACK THE BOARD on 11:36 - Dec 3 by dingdangblue

Nobody has said it does, but if it wasn't there, it's money that needs to be found from elsewhere.

It's also guaranteed weekly income, whereas cup ties like those you mentioned are down to a whole lot of variables and a whole lot of luck, as those who bemoan our cup draws are at pains to point out.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

SACK THE BOARD on 11:52 - Dec 3 with 2090 viewsdingdangblue

SACK THE BOARD on 11:39 - Dec 3 by fitzochris

At which point has anybody said that it does?

You're attempting to compare apples with oranges in a bid to sidestep your dismissive attitude towards the Dale Lotto.

True, I just dont think it's as relevant or vital as it once was. Its competing with online gambling, high street bookies, Euro millions, National lottery and charities.

SACK THE BOARD on 11:57 - Dec 3 with 2076 viewsD_Alien

SACK THE BOARD on 11:12 - Dec 3 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Agree about the impartiality bit wholeheartedly, if there’s any perception of a conflict of interest between trust & board the trust should take the necessary steps to remedy that. DB however is, like any chief executive, merely an implementer of decisions taken by the board, principally the chairman. Whether or not he comes across well to the fans is another matter however!

We have yet to see evidence that the chairman makes any decisions. I agree, that's the normal function but part of the problem is his lack of visibility

If I'm wrong and he's got real input into how the club conducts its business, then he should have the presence required for all to see him take accountability. The absence of the latter is pretty shameful really - and this is NOT personal, simply an observation i'd make about anyone in the same circumstances

In the style of Paddy McGuiness: "Chairman, reveal yourself"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

SACK THE BOARD on 11:57 - Dec 3 with 2077 viewsdingdangblue

SACK THE BOARD on 11:47 - Dec 3 by TVOS1907

Nobody has said it does, but if it wasn't there, it's money that needs to be found from elsewhere.

It's also guaranteed weekly income, whereas cup ties like those you mentioned are down to a whole lot of variables and a whole lot of luck, as those who bemoan our cup draws are at pains to point out.

I know Francis posted a while back on here how important the Goldbond used to be to the club compared to nowadays. He knew a whole load of figures - what is the guaranteed weekly income now?

SACK THE BOARD on 11:58 - Dec 3 with 2070 viewsTVOS1907

SACK THE BOARD on 11:57 - Dec 3 by dingdangblue

I know Francis posted a while back on here how important the Goldbond used to be to the club compared to nowadays. He knew a whole load of figures - what is the guaranteed weekly income now?

No idea, to be honest. RaymondJohn is the man to answer that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

SACK THE BOARD on 13:31 - Dec 3 with 1905 viewsDorislove

SACK THE BOARD on 11:57 - Dec 3 by dingdangblue

Goldbond used to have 16000 members paying 50p a time ,some more and used to nett the club about £5000 per week after all deductions i think ,dont quote me but that was about the figures spoke about in the car on a couple of occasions.This stream of income is paid by non football people like my neighbors who only do it because its the local club as well as non Dale supporting football people and as alluded to earlier is a good way for the club to do promotions almost cost free IF you have agents doing the hard yards.
SACK THE BOARD on 13:47 - Dec 3 with 1869 viewsHK_Dale

SACK THE BOARD on 16:01 - Dec 2 by HK_Dale

There is some interesting data in the financial statements when you look across years.

For points that stood out to me:
- Cash went up 128% between '17 & '18 to £1,151,819, avg. for '16 and '17 was £561,877
- Value of Tangible assets decreased by 13% (due to depreciation) but Investments have decreased by 100% (Stadium Company shares) have been written down to zero.
- Current Liabilities were also up 49% to short term creditors.
- Also worth noting that even with the c. £305k loss for 2018, Retained Earnings were still $1.8MM.

Income Statement:
- Revenue only down 10% between '17 and '18 but Cost of Goods Sold and Admin Expenses were up 21% and 24% respectively.
- In terms of underlying insights of the turnover number:
- Gate Receipts were up slightly
- Transfer fees were significantly down
- Prize money, youth development grant, and tv fees were also drivers of increased turnover, as was shop sales
- Bar and catering income was only c. 55k less

Additional £600k in costs for wages and salaries, likely in part due to increase of 16 staff.
Players and coaching staff went down by 1 but "Other" staff was significantly increased.

All in all, operations seem fairly robust with decent amounts of cash and retained earnings, so the line from DB may be more on how things of gone in '19...

My view of some of some of the interesting aspects from the Financial Statements are in the "reply" bit.

Key for me is that given we don't have dividends to pay - Retained earnings (i.e. the money you can reinvest or pay out in divs) still remained at $1.8MM for 2018. Unless we have significantly reinvested this somewhere (not sure we haves seen the output of any strategic reinvestment) would expect this to be still >£1MM in '19. The decrease in 17&18 was 14% so even applying a worse figure of a 25% decrease still would leave Retained Earnings of £1.45MM.

I'm applying general views on company valuation so not football business specific and the balance sheet used was the standalone football club entity not the consolidated group.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 13:50]
SACK THE BOARD on 13:55 - Dec 3 with 1829 viewsRaymondJohn

So 8k if every single member paid which would never ever happen , but say 8k less commission so 6.8 less winners 1k so 5.8 the less 4 members of staff that was employed, less printing, software rental etc etc do the sums 5k ???? Dont think so.
SACK THE BOARD on 14:00 - Dec 3 with 1800 viewsDorislove

SACK THE BOARD on 13:55 - Dec 3 by RaymondJohn

So 8k if every single member paid which would never ever happen , but say 8k less commission so 6.8 less winners 1k so 5.8 the less 4 members of staff that was employed, less printing, software rental etc etc do the sums 5k ???? Dont think so.

As i quoted "dont quote me"
Why dont you educate me on basic financials and give us some up to date numbers.
SACK THE BOARD on 14:08 - Dec 3 with 1783 viewsdingdangblue

So the club make around enough to cover Calvin's goal bonus.

SACK THE BOARD on 14:43 - Dec 3 with 1727 views49thseason

SACK THE BOARD on 11:31 - Dec 3 by RaymondJohn

Dale Lotto as canvassers out every single week and at every game, the recent xmas lights switch on again had canvassers there. I am not sure were you get info from that we dont canvas?? The current areas of agents rounds are purposely avoided as we hit virgin territory.
Please just ask before banging keyboard with false Info. We are aware of the number of households as anyone can access the demographics of any particular area , we have identified potential areas of success and its those we attack.
By all means anybody who wishes to canvass for us, please contact myself and we can set you up.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 11:35]

My information comes from current Gold Bond agents that I am acquainted with. However, I would be grateful if you might answer the following questions:
Does the GB generate more money now than 5 years ago?
Are there more GB customers than 5 years ago?
Are there more agents than 5 years ago?
What is the weekly prize money as a % of income?
How much is a new customer worth in lifetime contributions on average?
How much does it cost to acquire a new customer on average?
How much does a GB agent receive when they recruit a new customer?
Do GB agents ever sell season tickets?
Do GB agents ever do their own canvassing?
How many small businesses do you sell GB tickets to?
Do GB agents ever get free tickets or vouchers to give away to their customers?
How much sponsorship / advertising does GB attract?
How many people do you have canvassing on match days? I have been going to Spotland for 60 years and NEVER BEEN APPROACHED there.
Is it likely that people who attend matches will become new GB customers?
How many of the 70,000 households do you plan on calling on each year?
How many businesses, canteens and staff rooms do you plan to visit?
What is the success rate of cold-calling for new customers?
How many new customers did you recruit at the Christmas lights event?
What are the current typical demographics of your customer base?

Sorry, this is quite a long list but with some basic information, it might become more apparent what needs to happen to improve the GB uptake and the loyalty of the customer base.
SACK THE BOARD on 15:19 - Dec 3 with 1639 views442Dale

With that in mind, and as it’s been requested through various channels before (see below) could you please ask the club to produce information on money raised for the Academy. Thank you:

Re-post:
On the subject of proceeds of Goldbond/Dale Lotto, it has been mentioned a few times in the past that the club would be keeping supporters updated about how much it raises for the Academy:

In May: https://www.daletrust.co.uk/20
<<“One Trust member brought up the recent launch of Dale Lotto had promised proceeds would go to supporting the Dale Academy, asking would it be possible for the club to give a regular update just how much has been given over? The Board of Directors replied by stating that In addition to supporting the Academy, the proceeds from the Lotto will also support selected charities to benefit the community with the current charity being supported being Prostate Cancer. The Directors agreed that the club would publicise the share of the proceeds raised which directly supports the Academy.”>>

Then in July: https://www.daletrust.co.uk/20
<<“We asked again about the profits from the club’s LOTTO going towards the Academy. There will be a relaunch in the next few weeks and the announcements about contributions to the Academy would be part of that process.”>>

Then on this messageboard at the end of September: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/
<<“We are soon due to be giving details of what the funds have purchased for the academy so far.”

Could someone, anyone, point me in the direction of where this information has been publicised, as agreed by the club six months ago? If it’s in a programme, can check there too. Again, apologies if I’ve missed it but it’ll be good to see how much it’s benefitting the Academy.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024