Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SACK THE BOARD 16:32 - Dec 1 with 45115 viewsRAFC1907

Absolutely terrible.

No ambition, robbing fans constantly with overpriced entrance fees for watching garbage.

Garbage created by them for not backing the manager with any money, constantly pocketing it and saying we don't have any.

1600 home fans today says it all.

No wonder we will always be little old Rochdale.

Shambles of a football club.

Poll: Bottomley...

SACK THE BOARD on 23:09 - Dec 1 with 3093 viewsDorislove

SACK THE BOARD on 23:02 - Dec 1 by judd

Whilst the Trust has a board member in a relationship with a football club board member then I cannot see how it can function in the manner that it should.

Oh right
You answered my comment to D Alien.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 23:18]
SACK THE BOARD on 23:10 - Dec 1 with 3082 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 23:09 - Dec 1 by Dorislove

Oh right
You answered my comment to D Alien.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 23:18]

Or wrong

Poll: What is it to be then?

SACK THE BOARD on 23:25 - Dec 1 with 3003 viewsmikehunt

And my deep concern was that, as soon as we took ownership of the ground, greedy eyes would turn towards the club: run it into the ground and walk off with a fat profit after selling it . I wish I could shake this suspicion. But the more I hear about the way the club is being strangled the more worried I get.
Can anyone disabuse me of this suspicion - please?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

SACK THE BOARD on 23:28 - Dec 1 with 3000 viewsDalenet

SACK THE BOARD on 23:02 - Dec 1 by judd

Whilst the Trust has a board member in a relationship with a football club board member then I cannot see how it can function in the manner that it should.

I do hope that isn't true. But if so then that is the end for my membership and support. Care to elaborate so that the membership know?
SACK THE BOARD on 23:29 - Dec 1 with 2994 viewsD_Alien

SACK THE BOARD on 23:25 - Dec 1 by mikehunt

And my deep concern was that, as soon as we took ownership of the ground, greedy eyes would turn towards the club: run it into the ground and walk off with a fat profit after selling it . I wish I could shake this suspicion. But the more I hear about the way the club is being strangled the more worried I get.

It's a concern, my c...

What we as a fanbase can do is make provision for that possibility, whilst bearing in mind it might never be needed. But be prepared...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

SACK THE BOARD on 23:35 - Dec 1 with 2971 viewsSuddenLad

SACK THE BOARD on 23:10 - Dec 1 by judd

Or wrong

More sleaze.......never was there more of it attached to the officials and employees at this club. Unprofessional, unbecoming of people in such positions and unhealthy for the reputation of the way the club conducts itself. It matters.

Other businesses and industries have very strict codes about relationships with employees or with 'influential others'. There have been more sordid stories of 'in-house hanky-panky' or 'illicit liaisons' within the stadium, in the last few months than at any time I can remember.

The place is going to pot. No leadership when firm leadership is required and needs to be evident.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

SACK THE BOARD on 23:50 - Dec 1 with 2935 viewsRochdale_ger

SACK THE BOARD on 23:35 - Dec 1 by SuddenLad

More sleaze.......never was there more of it attached to the officials and employees at this club. Unprofessional, unbecoming of people in such positions and unhealthy for the reputation of the way the club conducts itself. It matters.

Other businesses and industries have very strict codes about relationships with employees or with 'influential others'. There have been more sordid stories of 'in-house hanky-panky' or 'illicit liaisons' within the stadium, in the last few months than at any time I can remember.

The place is going to pot. No leadership when firm leadership is required and needs to be evident.

This sounds juicier then the stag do shenanigans. You’ve got my attention now?
SACK THE BOARD on 07:34 - Dec 2 with 2716 viewsnordenblue

SACK THE BOARD on 23:50 - Dec 1 by Rochdale_ger

Get the popcorn at the ready this could be a box office hit.... certainly some dirt to dish on this topic it seems
Login to get fewer ads

SACK THE BOARD on 08:19 - Dec 2 with 2620 viewsSuddenLad

SACK THE BOARD on 23:50 - Dec 1 by Rochdale_ger

The story about the stag do was being bandied about by all and sundry. I didn't believe much of what was a rumour to start with, but clearly everyone couldn't be wrong, and weren't wrong. I even knew someone who was prepared (and dissuaded from) to get the story in the press.

The other stuff has all been reported on here by a variety of posters and I know nothing other than what I've read in those posts. There does seem to be a theme developing, though.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

SACK THE BOARD on 08:24 - Dec 2 with 2604 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 23:28 - Dec 1 by Dalenet

I do hope that isn't true. But if so then that is the end for my membership and support. Care to elaborate so that the membership know?

No, it's unfair to do so.

Relationships at work happen and I am not criticising such.

As long as any potential conflicts of interest are identified and dealt with appropriately.

Poll: What is it to be then?

SACK THE BOARD on 08:33 - Dec 2 with 2577 viewsRochdale_ger

SACK THE BOARD on 08:19 - Dec 2 by SuddenLad

The story about the stag do was being bandied about by all and sundry. I didn't believe much of what was a rumour to start with, but clearly everyone couldn't be wrong, and weren't wrong. I even knew someone who was prepared (and dissuaded from) to get the story in the press.

The other stuff has all been reported on here by a variety of posters and I know nothing other than what I've read in those posts. There does seem to be a theme developing, though.

I don’t even know what’s been posted. What’s been said?
SACK THE BOARD on 08:38 - Dec 2 with 2563 viewsTalkingSutty

SACK THE BOARD on 23:28 - Dec 1 by Dalenet

Yes of course it’s true, David Bottomley is in a relationship with a Trust Board member and he has been for a while, that’s common knowledge, he’ll admit to that. He’s also very friendly with the Chairman of the Supporters Trust, Col Cavanagh...none of this is a secret it’s well known to a lot of Dale fans. David Bottomley is also friends with quite a few who post on this forum ( the ones who shout other posters down and never criticise him) , they drink in the Cemetery pub and all went on the infamous stag do weekend together. We all know what happened, i was told personally by two individuals who were there what took place, why would they make it up? So David Bottomley does have a handful of people who will walk out to the crease and bat for him, the reason being that he is a Dale fan and they are friends with him. If this individual was anybody but DB they would be ripping a strip off him, I can guarantee that.

Excuse me if i’m Stating something that isn’t correct or revealing information that most people aren’t aware of. There have also been things going on at the Club involving members of staff that are a disgrace, an absolute disgrace..., a lot of fans are also aware of those details. All of this is happening on the current boards watch so they are responsible. There is too much tip toeing around, it’s time we all got things into the open and voiced our concerns, those who are keeping quiet or trying to silence people to protect members of staff are damaging their own Club.

The Trust itself are 100% responsible for the situation they now find themselves in, everything is too cozy. The Club is rotten at the moment , a small group of fans decided things needed to change under Dunphy tenure and welcomed in the changes, look at what we have now ended up with...a rudderless ship.
SACK THE BOARD on 08:54 - Dec 2 with 2508 viewsD_Alien

Presumably, the other members of the Trust board are happy to acquiesce with this

Not fit for purpose?

SACK THE BOARD on 09:13 - Dec 2 with 2447 viewsTalkingSutty

SACK THE BOARD on 08:54 - Dec 2 by D_Alien

Presumably, the other members of the Trust board are happy to acquiesce with this

Not fit for purpose?

Yes, it’s an arrangement that they are all on board with, i’ve mentioned the folliness of it to them but they are comfortable with it I’m not speaking out of turn, they will readily admit that. To be honest i’m no longer bothered if individuals get upset because they are reading a bit of honesty.

Most of us have invested all our life into supporting our Club, others like Harry Webster, Colin Smith Markel, Chris Shepard and numerous others are no longer with us but we owe it to all of those to fight for our Club and to make sure that we look after it and speak up should we have concerns about how it is being run. I’m currently very concerned so thats what I am doing now. If this all goes tits up I want to be able to say that I spoke up about my concerns and didn’t cow down to anybody, I don’t cow down to people anyway. I’m speaking to the CEO soon anyway, so everything I say on the forum will be said to his face, he is well aware of that anyway.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 9:53]
SACK THE BOARD on 09:55 - Dec 2 with 2328 viewsrafc1977

SACK THE BOARD on 08:38 - Dec 2 by TalkingSutty

Yes of course it’s true, David Bottomley is in a relationship with a Trust Board member and he has been for a while, that’s common knowledge, he’ll admit to that. He’s also very friendly with the Chairman of the Supporters Trust, Col Cavanagh...none of this is a secret it’s well known to a lot of Dale fans. David Bottomley is also friends with quite a few who post on this forum ( the ones who shout other posters down and never criticise him) , they drink in the Cemetery pub and all went on the infamous stag do weekend together. We all know what happened, i was told personally by two individuals who were there what took place, why would they make it up? So David Bottomley does have a handful of people who will walk out to the crease and bat for him, the reason being that he is a Dale fan and they are friends with him. If this individual was anybody but DB they would be ripping a strip off him, I can guarantee that.

Excuse me if i’m Stating something that isn’t correct or revealing information that most people aren’t aware of. There have also been things going on at the Club involving members of staff that are a disgrace, an absolute disgrace..., a lot of fans are also aware of those details. All of this is happening on the current boards watch so they are responsible. There is too much tip toeing around, it’s time we all got things into the open and voiced our concerns, those who are keeping quiet or trying to silence people to protect members of staff are damaging their own Club.

The Trust itself are 100% responsible for the situation they now find themselves in, everything is too cozy. The Club is rotten at the moment , a small group of fans decided things needed to change under Dunphy tenure and welcomed in the changes, look at what we have now ended up with...a rudderless ship.

I'm not itk with anyone at the club or aware of stories other than what I read on here. It would seem however problems run deeper than the poor football/results currently being served up.

Its interesting to note that we had similar bad spells over the years with CD at the helm, but we never (or i) certainly never felt as uneasy as I do at present about the short/medium term future of the club.

December is upon us and were not playing well, unrest between fanbase and board/board members, supposedly no funds to strengthen in the upcoming window & a fair possibility a player or 2 may be sold/leave. Is it time to ask for/arrange a mid season fans forum?

It's obvious by attending games and reading on here that the longer this goes on the more toxic it'll become....why not push for an opportunity to get things sorted? Would the Trust try and facilitate this?

None of this is aimed at you TS it's just more so that your post should be the warning bell to our fanbase that we need to act (in the proper way, I'm not an advocate of bed sheets with sack the board on them) were better than that.

Chris Dunphy once said to me (he was out with his wife shortly after our first promotion under Hill) and I said that what he'd done was amazing, I'll never forget his response..... "I'm just a fan you like you and the rest, just a custodian of our club. I wont always get it right, but I will always do things with the clubs interests at heart"
SACK THE BOARD on 10:11 - Dec 2 with 2272 views49thseason

SACK THE BOARD on 23:25 - Dec 1 by mikehunt

There is nothing to prevent the current directors from re-mortgaging the ground if they choose to do so, except a shareholders rebellion, but who would lead that?
The shareholders own the club, currently they are split into 3 camps, the current board, former directors and about 300 others. Former directors and those owning less than 10,000 share would form a majority. By nominating the Trust as their proxy on specific proposals to the agm or egm, shareholders can influence the clubs direction, it would not neccesarily mean the trust nominating directors and taking over.
SACK THE BOARD on 10:17 - Dec 2 with 2245 viewspioneer

SACK THE BOARD on 10:11 - Dec 2 by 49thseason

There is nothing to prevent the current directors from re-mortgaging the ground if they choose to do so, except a shareholders rebellion, but who would lead that?
The shareholders own the club, currently they are split into 3 camps, the current board, former directors and about 300 others. Former directors and those owning less than 10,000 share would form a majority. By nominating the Trust as their proxy on specific proposals to the agm or egm, shareholders can influence the clubs direction, it would not neccesarily mean the trust nominating directors and taking over.

Given the conflicts of interest among the leaders of the Trust I wouldn’t trust them with my shareholders votes.
SACK THE BOARD on 10:33 - Dec 2 with 2180 viewsjonahwhereru

SACK THE BOARD on 09:13 - Dec 2 by TalkingSutty

Yes, it’s an arrangement that they are all on board with, i’ve mentioned the folliness of it to them but they are comfortable with it I’m not speaking out of turn, they will readily admit that. To be honest i’m no longer bothered if individuals get upset because they are reading a bit of honesty.

Most of us have invested all our life into supporting our Club, others like Harry Webster, Colin Smith Markel, Chris Shepard and numerous others are no longer with us but we owe it to all of those to fight for our Club and to make sure that we look after it and speak up should we have concerns about how it is being run. I’m currently very concerned so thats what I am doing now. If this all goes tits up I want to be able to say that I spoke up about my concerns and didn’t cow down to anybody, I don’t cow down to people anyway. I’m speaking to the CEO soon anyway, so everything I say on the forum will be said to his face, he is well aware of that anyway.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 9:53]

Welcome back to the poster I most enjoy reading one this site. Sutty I believe you really do have the clubs interests at heart. Did wonder why you went quite on here for so long. Now that may have been because of a mixture of things, but I note with interest the topic you have chosen to get your teeth into. If it was being dissolutioned that caused you to stop posting, please don’t take that route again. Voices like yours are always needed and welcomed on here.
Like Saxondale I live to far away to be in the loop on the shenanigans that are occurring, but I know this much since the stewardship of DK this club has been a pleasure to be associated with. The crucial decisions have been made at the right time and those loosing their jobs have been treated with dignity ( fax to John Hollins accepted) and been given a fair go before the decisions were made. However now I just feel we are going to be run like most other clubs, were imposing your will and neglecting normal standards of decency when dealing with people has become common place. It stank when Dunphy left and others board members preceded him. That strench has not gone away in nearly a year.
I can only say to the current active board members and agitators don’t you dare dismantle the excellent work done both others. This club has built a reputation for doing things the right way. Some good people on here have the clubs back. Pull tight and keep the pressure on board.
Finally keep supporting the team and staff of the club, they need us more now than they have done for years.
UTD
SACK THE BOARD on 10:34 - Dec 2 with 2172 viewssweetcorn

SACK THE BOARD on 10:11 - Dec 2 by 49thseason

Given what’s already been said about DB’s close relationship with 2 members of the trusts board, why on earth would anyone trust them to lead a rebellion against the clubs board?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

SACK THE BOARD on 11:30 - Dec 2 with 2032 viewsfitzochris

Again, there are a lot of very good points raised here that need to be addressed in the proper manner. Some I’m already aware of and some are completely new to me.

However, to keep this thread going in the spirit it is intended, can we avoid any personal comments and remarks about individuals where they are not directly pertinent to the issues at hand?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

SACK THE BOARD on 11:39 - Dec 2 with 1994 viewsD_Alien

SACK THE BOARD on 11:30 - Dec 2 by fitzochris

Again, there are a lot of very good points raised here that need to be addressed in the proper manner. Some I’m already aware of and some are completely new to me.

However, to keep this thread going in the spirit it is intended, can we avoid any personal comments and remarks about individuals where they are not directly pertinent to the issues at hand?

It's essential that personal issues and remarks don't sidetrack this thread

What i would say is highly pertinent is that i have no confidence whatsoever in the chairman as the figurehead of the football club. His absence from any communications is quite absurd given his position. If anything is going to change at the club, the combined efforts of those who are able to exert influence through shareholdings should imo be focused on change in this crucial position. Only then can all options regarding the future of the club become viable

SACK THE BOARD on 11:51 - Dec 2 with 1932 viewsrochdaleriddler

SACK THE BOARD on 11:39 - Dec 2 by D_Alien

What i would say is highly pertinent is that i have no confidence whatsoever in the chairman as the figurehead of the football club. His absence from any communications is quite absurd given his position. If anything is going to change at the club, the combined efforts of those who are able to exert influence through shareholdings should imo be focused on change in this crucial position. Only then can all options regarding the future of the club become viable

I understand he is invisible in public, but is he involved at all in the running of the club?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

SACK THE BOARD on 11:56 - Dec 2 with 1906 viewsJimmyRustler

SACK THE BOARD on 11:39 - Dec 2 by D_Alien

I would be less concerned if he was merely the figurehead. It appears to me that he has more control than that and this worries me even more. The more cynical amongst may start to get the impression that this is becoming a money making exercise (as is the case with many other clubs up and down the footballing pyramid) - the rumoured increase in ST prices next season, the constant cries of "we're skint" despite a number of incomings into the club, the category pricing system on matchdays and the apparent lack of dialogue between fans are those higher up in the foodchain. This is the complete antithesis of what CD represented as our chairman and it's driving many fans away. And that's not even taking into account the serving of shite on the pitch at the moment.
SACK THE BOARD on 12:36 - Dec 2 with 1732 viewsChaffRAFC

The points made by Fitz and D_Alien are absolutely spot on regarding personal attacks.

As a thread, this thread is full of perfectly valid concerns and points but these points and concerns must be made without personal attacks.

We have a passionate fan base and evidently one that will go as far as they have to in order to ensure the best for the football club, especially after the Bury situation.

Monitoring this messageboard is becoming a full time job on top of my full time job and I'm reliant on all users being able to raise their points without name calling.

As you were.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

SACK THE BOARD on 12:50 - Dec 2 with 1646 viewsSI_Blue

Has anybody on the trust got the balls to confront the board or is it all going to be done on the internet? just asking ?

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024