Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SACK THE BOARD 16:32 - Dec 1 with 45084 viewsRAFC1907

Absolutely terrible.

No ambition, robbing fans constantly with overpriced entrance fees for watching garbage.

Garbage created by them for not backing the manager with any money, constantly pocketing it and saying we don't have any.

1600 home fans today says it all.

No wonder we will always be little old Rochdale.

Shambles of a football club.

Poll: Bottomley...

SACK THE BOARD on 20:47 - Dec 3 with 2342 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD on 20:04 - Dec 3 by RAFC1907

It doesn't matter whether people follow the forum or not.

Simply because half the people who post on here have been best friends and had sleep overs with each other for the past 20 years.

Some who are on the trust or formerly in the trust and some who are employees or volunteers for the club and we all know what that means.

Also the majority of people who post on here do not represent the entire fan base. Out of the now only 1700 home fans turning up which will continue to dwindle there's around 15-20 fans that post - so nobody really cares if you think you're important because there's really nobody reading what your writing.

What will happen though, is when you realise your part of the remaining 1000 fans it'l be too late to stop sucking cock or being part of Bottomleys bumming brigade.

Turn the lights off when your the last ones out.

I'm not sure where to begin with that.

I'll try.

I was asking one poster if he had been following the forum. One. And directly. The reason i asked him/her is because they suggested that nobody had questioned the current hierarchy at the club prior to them posting. That's bollox.

Then you suggest that I'm part of a pro-regime set-up. Again, bollox. I'm not part of any regime. I just want what's best for Rochdale AFC.

Oh, and people are reading what I'm writing, hence me being contacted by numerous people from all camps away from this forum. It doesn't make me important but it gives me satisfaction knowing I'm not being a passive supporter.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

SACK THE BOARD on 20:57 - Dec 3 with 2289 viewsSI_Blue

Let me just stop you right there Mr Talking Bollox! i suggest you go back and read what i wrote again. What i did say was that when i wrote my post everybody played dumb to what i was talking about. Then the preceding days many people start writing about their concerns.

I made no reference to anything that had been written prior to my post.

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

SACK THE BOARD on 20:58 - Dec 3 with 2280 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD on 20:57 - Dec 3 by SI_Blue

Let me just stop you right there Mr Talking Bollox! i suggest you go back and read what i wrote again. What i did say was that when i wrote my post everybody played dumb to what i was talking about. Then the preceding days many people start writing about their concerns.

No. Sorry. Still not getting it.

SACK THE BOARD on 21:03 - Dec 3 with 2262 viewsinthenet

It’s bloody frustrating ...when we can all see that a couple of signings will change our seAson around ,and it’s hard to keep your emotions at bay sometimes so board show us you care as much as the fans..

Rastrickblue

SACK THE BOARD on 21:09 - Dec 3 with 2229 viewsSI_Blue

SACK THE BOARD on 20:58 - Dec 3 by fitzochris

No. Sorry. Still not getting it.

If you are not getting it then do not comment, if you want to continue you this conversation DM me.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 21:09]

SACK THE BOARD on 21:11 - Dec 3 with 2216 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD on 21:09 - Dec 3 by SI_Blue

If you are not getting it then do not comment, if you want to continue you this conversation DM me.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 21:09]

That's not how an online forum works.

SACK THE BOARD on 21:19 - Dec 3 with 2171 viewsSI_Blue

SACK THE BOARD on 21:11 - Dec 3 by fitzochris

It is how it works with me sunshine, i am not part of your little boys club.

SACK THE BOARD on 21:20 - Dec 3 with 2165 viewsTVOS1907

SACK THE BOARD on 21:03 - Dec 3 by inthenet

It’s bloody frustrating ...when we can all see that a couple of signings will change our seAson around ,and it’s hard to keep your emotions at bay sometimes so board show us you care as much as the fans..

Yes, but we can't do anything until January and even then there are no guarantees.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

SACK THE BOARD on 21:22 - Dec 3 with 2144 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD on 21:19 - Dec 3 by SI_Blue

It is how it works with me sunshine, i am not part of your little boys club.

Ace.

SACK THE BOARD on 21:24 - Dec 3 with 2120 viewsD_Alien

So let me get this straight - you're basically peeved because no-one took much notice of a thread you started, and responded to a different thread on the same topic a few days later

It wouldn't be the first time that's happened on this forum, and it won't be the last. But it's how posters (especially newish ones) respond in these circumstances that tells us a good deal about whether they're worth taking any notice of...

Just a thought

[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 21:25]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

SACK THE BOARD on 21:25 - Dec 3 with 2112 viewsjudd

Sorry to butt in but would you mind linking your original post please?

No axe to grind, but I think you'll be surprised how much support you have probably had.

Poll: What is it to be then?

SACK THE BOARD on 21:41 - Dec 3 with 2062 viewssweetcorn

Precede means before.

People may have been playing dumb, you’re just plain dumb.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

SACK THE BOARD on 21:57 - Dec 3 with 1986 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 20:08 - Dec 3 by R17ALE

You are quite right Doris with your figures. It briefly peaked over 17,000 weekly paying members.

I'm genuinely flabbergasted the current Lotteries Manager doesn't know the history of our Goldbond, although in his defence it peaked about 20 years ago.

There were only 3 of us back then - out knocking doors every night sometimes adding 100 new members a night.

I can't find* my accounts from 1999, but I'll wager Development Assoc. contributions were double what they are today. It used to always be between £250,000 - £300,000 p.a. and in 2018 it was £142,000. Admittedly, we ran a Xmas Draw generating about £12,000 profit, and the club had its own scratch cards back then (25p each!), and I think we did a Grand National draw too. Plus we ran the shop, travel club, programme, and helped out the groundsman at times.

And all of this was during the awful Barrow era with gates around 1700.

*Technically I can't be arsed looking for them!

Had you actually pulled your finger out it might have been a huge success.😆😆😆

Poll: What is it to be then?

SACK THE BOARD on 22:58 - Dec 3 with 1880 viewsR17ALE

SACK THE BOARD on 21:57 - Dec 3 by judd

Had you actually pulled your finger out it might have been a huge success.😆😆😆

Non taken!!

To be fair, Dale had the biggest weekly draw in Division 4 (or whatever it was called at the time). We had the third biggest draw in the NW behind Man U and Blackpool. Such was the success, I remember watching RW delivering a half hour speech at the annual gathering of Lotteries Managers in Buxton on how we did it, in front of an admiring Walmsley!

Naturally, we wanted everyone else to have a shit draw, so he told them to get everyone on DD and treat the collectors with contempt!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

SACK THE BOARD on 23:04 - Dec 3 with 1869 viewsTVOS1907

SACK THE BOARD on 22:58 - Dec 3 by R17ALE

Non taken!!

To be fair, Dale had the biggest weekly draw in Division 4 (or whatever it was called at the time). We had the third biggest draw in the NW behind Man U and Blackpool. Such was the success, I remember watching RW delivering a half hour speech at the annual gathering of Lotteries Managers in Buxton on how we did it, in front of an admiring Walmsley!

Naturally, we wanted everyone else to have a shit draw, so he told them to get everyone on DD and treat the collectors with contempt!

Why was Robbie Wakenshaw giving a speech on lotteries?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

SACK THE BOARD (n/t) on 02:16 - Dec 4 with 1747 viewskiwidale

SACK THE BOARD on 21:11 - Dec 3 by fitzochris

Am I missing something? you just admitted that... "hence me being contacted by numerous people from all camps away from this forum" you then refuse to accept an offer to to discus things directly with SI_Blue claiming "That's not how an online forum works. "... bloody marvelous.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 4:55]

This is not the time for bickering.

SACK THE BOARD (n/t) on 06:52 - Dec 4 with 1653 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD (n/t) on 02:16 - Dec 4 by kiwidale

Am I missing something? you just admitted that... "hence me being contacted by numerous people from all camps away from this forum" you then refuse to accept an offer to to discus things directly with SI_Blue claiming "That's not how an online forum works. "... bloody marvelous.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 4:55]

It was the point about not commenting if you don’t understand something that I was referring to.

You’re living proof that I’m right.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 7:44]

SACK THE BOARD on 07:49 - Dec 4 with 1589 viewsRaymondJohn

We have all your hand written books at hand, the problem with history is when people are stuck in it and fail to evole and change with the times.
20 yes ago , it was so much easy to run a lottery ,nowhere near the competition or the gambling issues that are highlighted so much now.
Even with 17k paying members 8 5k minus fuel,3 full time wages,commission at 15% ,stationary prizes etc etc how did you return 5k?
I know when i took over only a fraction of the actual overheads were accounted for so maybe that's the secret
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 7:58]
SACK THE BOARD (n/t) on 07:51 - Dec 4 with 1583 viewskiwidale

SACK THE BOARD (n/t) on 06:52 - Dec 4 by fitzochris

It was the point about not commenting if you don’t understand something that I was referring to.

You’re living proof that I’m right.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 7:44]

As if you need me as proof that you're right and important... Ace

another of your quotes "Oh, and people are reading what I'm writing, hence me being contacted by numerous people from all camps away from this forum. It doesn't make me important but it gives me satisfaction knowing I'm not being a passive supporter."

How do all these numerous people from all camps contact you if its not on here? is it a clique thing or maybe just you and other ITK's? In spite of your claims to modesty you sound very important to me and there is nothing like the glow of satisfaction when you know that you're right and not a passive supporter... Ace.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 8:07]

SACK THE BOARD on 08:05 - Dec 4 with 1542 viewsRaymondJohn

Due to the fear of getting into petty debate on here I am to remove my account.
However I am very happy if it helps to move the Dale Lotto forward discuss and share information by means of personal contact via
Ray.parry@rochdaleafc co.uk
Thanks to everyone for thier support with the Dale Lotto.
SACK THE BOARD (n/t) on 08:06 - Dec 4 with 1537 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD (n/t) on 07:51 - Dec 4 by kiwidale

As if you need me as proof that you're right and important... Ace

another of your quotes "Oh, and people are reading what I'm writing, hence me being contacted by numerous people from all camps away from this forum. It doesn't make me important but it gives me satisfaction knowing I'm not being a passive supporter."

How do all these numerous people from all camps contact you if its not on here? is it a clique thing or maybe just you and other ITK's? In spite of your claims to modesty you sound very important to me and there is nothing like the glow of satisfaction when you know that you're right and not a passive supporter... Ace.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 8:07]

Another quote? It’s the same one, you dullard.

How do people contact me? They’ve found various ways. So again, people read this forum, even if they don’t post on it.

As I said, I’m not important. Just a cog satisfied I’m doing my bit in a bigger machine.

You keep critiquing from the other side of the world. You’re doing... ace.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 8:17]

SACK THE BOARD (n/t) on 08:09 - Dec 4 with 1526 viewskiwidale

SACK THE BOARD (n/t) on 08:06 - Dec 4 by fitzochris

Another quote? It’s the same one, you dullard.

How do people contact me? They’ve found various ways. So again, people read this forum, even if they don’t post on it.

As I said, I’m not important. Just a cog satisfied I’m doing my bit in a bigger machine.

You keep critiquing from the other side of the world. You’re doing... ace.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 8:17]

Aye Chris you are right again I should have known better.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 8:10]

SACK THE BOARD on 08:27 - Dec 4 with 1491 viewsdawlishdale

SACK THE BOARD on 07:49 - Dec 4 by RaymondJohn

We have all your hand written books at hand, the problem with history is when people are stuck in it and fail to evole and change with the times.
20 yes ago , it was so much easy to run a lottery ,nowhere near the competition or the gambling issues that are highlighted so much now.
Even with 17k paying members 8 5k minus fuel,3 full time wages,commission at 15% ,stationary prizes etc etc how did you return 5k?
I know when i took over only a fraction of the actual overheads were accounted for so maybe that's the secret

I'm assuming you are replying to R17ALE who, along with another well known and respected ex-employee, started and ran the GoldBond making it a huge success, and thus, you appear to be accusing him of being stuck in the past, or possibly even worse...

I seem to recall that the prizes were lower back then.. and the whole thing was far simpler to understand for the customers. Have you considered this? Furthermore, I think that 2 of the 3 employees also did other jobs for the club, and were thus not full time lotteries staff. Thus, a part of their salaries would have come from elsewhere.

I assume that you (and your line Manager) held meetings with, or at least contacted the well known people who previously ran the lottery before making all these changes?Please correct me if this wasn't the case..... And yes; I appreciate that some of the changes have been forced on you by legislation, but many other alterations seem to be making the whole thing less popular, more complicated and appears to be annoying some of the agents in the process.
SACK THE BOARD on 09:04 - Dec 4 with 1423 views442Dale

SACK THE BOARD on 08:05 - Dec 4 by RaymondJohn

Due to the fear of getting into petty debate on here I am to remove my account.
However I am very happy if it helps to move the Dale Lotto forward discuss and share information by means of personal contact via
Ray.parry@rochdaleafc co.uk
Thanks to everyone for thier support with the Dale Lotto.

Not sure where the “petty debate” is when people are asking valid questions. Please see those raised on behalf of supporters who enquired about the financial support to the Academy from the Lotto. A reasonable request to previously agreed plans of action (with direct quotes provided on this): no response as yet.

Information should be shared publicly, wherever possible, by the club to the entire fanbase, not privately. We’ll all know where we stand then and it removes the need for divisive, some may say “petty”, statements such as “ill informed people” having to be used. Doing this we would also then see a reduction in the amount of worry, annoyance, doubt and general bad feeling around our football club.

Why tell one person when it would be so much easier to keep everyone informed as, in some cases, has been agreed?

Thanks again for coming on here though and sharing your thoughts and the information posted, it has been very enlightening.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

SACK THE BOARD on 10:58 - Dec 4 with 1275 viewsR17ALE

SACK THE BOARD on 07:49 - Dec 4 by RaymondJohn

I assume, like Dawlish (cheers), you were replying to me.

I accept I'm very old fashioned and am probably the only person on the planet who still owns a diary and calendar and who works them with a pen.

However, as I evole, sic, I often ponder that the traditional way of doing things is often the best, and for good reason.

You asked a question which I shall answer....

Typical week would see 16500 members paying 50p each = £8250.

Minus 15% commission = £7012.50

Minus Prize money of about £850 = £6162.50

Minus wages which were about £1k = £5162.50

Minus operating costs eg fuel (we spent most of our time walking, by foot) £150 = £5012.50

And there you have it.

You state it was easier to run a lottery in the 1990's. You maybe right, but you cannot know as you didn't run one in the 1990's to my knowledge. I cannot claim you're wrong however because I don't run one now, so you can have that one.

However, what I do know for certain is judging by your posting times yesterday, is that you didn't pick up one new member on here. Had you walked, by foot, to Greave and knocked on 100 doors you'd have got 20 new members.

How's that for fooking evolution?

I appreciate you've done one, so no reply is necessary!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024