Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heading The Ball 09:18 - Jan 16 with 15420 viewsmingthemerciless

It's just been on the news that school children in Scotland under the age of 12 will be banned from heading the ball in training but not in actual games. Is this the start of heading the ball becoming outlawed ? What would the game look like without heading ?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 14:46]
Heading The Ball on 21:07 - Jan 19 with 1556 viewsD_Alien

Heading The Ball on 21:05 - Jan 19 by pioneer

So just to be clear, you accept that there is no evidence that young kids heading footballs causes dementia in later life

AND

Despite this lack of any evidence, you believe kids should be stopped from heading the ball in kids football

quick yes or no would be adequate.

No

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Heading The Ball on 21:19 - Jan 19 with 1523 viewskiwidale

Heading The Ball on 21:07 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

No

There are two questions is your answer no and no?

This is not the time for bickering.

Heading The Ball on 21:45 - Jan 19 with 1509 viewsD_Alien

Heading The Ball on 21:19 - Jan 19 by kiwidale

No

Heading The Ball on 22:22 - Jan 19 with 1474 viewspioneer

Heading The Ball on 21:19 - Jan 19 by kiwidale

Maybe we should ask him one at a time . . .some people struggle with even the simplest of questions.
Heading The Ball on 22:27 - Jan 19 with 1472 viewsAtThePeake

Heading The Ball on 19:28 - Jan 19 by kiwidale

Relax lad and have a fag.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28153783@N08/3219057923/

Good job some further research was done by the 'so-called experts' eh?

Tangled up in blue.

Heading The Ball on 22:42 - Jan 19 with 1459 viewsD_Alien

Heading The Ball on 22:22 - Jan 19 by pioneer

Maybe we should ask him one at a time . . .some people struggle with even the simplest of questions.

If you follow the logic of both "No" answers, they make perfect sense

Of course, that implies you're able to follow logic. I have my doubts

Heading The Ball on 22:57 - Jan 19 with 1436 viewspioneer

Heading The Ball on 22:42 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

If you follow the logic of both "No" answers, they make perfect sense

Of course, that implies you're able to follow logic. I have my doubts

Failed again!

You said no but didnt say which question

You then said it wasn't a no to both

so is it yes and no or no and yes?

And why would I assume your responses were logical?
Heading The Ball on 23:07 - Jan 19 with 1432 viewsD_Alien

Heading The Ball on 22:57 - Jan 19 by pioneer

Failed again!

You said no but didnt say which question

You then said it wasn't a no to both

so is it yes and no or no and yes?

And why would I assume your responses were logical?

It was you that asked for a simple Yes or No, you fool

I've been running rings round you again, as ever. You should feel grateful I've even bothered, but youngsters not being required to risk unnecessary harm is too important to ignore, even though the ignorant will try

Login to get fewer ads

Heading The Ball on 01:31 - Jan 20 with 1405 viewskiwidale

Heading The Ball on 23:07 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

I've been running rings round you again, as ever. You should feel grateful I've even bothered, but youngsters not being required to risk unnecessary harm is too important to ignore, even though the ignorant will try

You have certainly mastered the art of being ranthoneous D_A top marks for that.

Heading The Ball on 02:08 - Jan 20 with 1394 viewspioneer

Heading The Ball on 23:07 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

I'm not feeling dizzy yet with those rings nor grateful but I know I should!

No youngster is being 'required' (your word) to risk unnecessary harm - I don't recall anyone suggesting playing football or heading the ball should be required of all children (even though there is no evidence of unnecessary harm). Your argument seems to be about stopping ANY child doing this even though there is no evidence of harm.

I suppose we could sit them in front of a computer instead . . .that wont harm them will it?
Heading The Ball on 07:43 - Jan 20 with 1360 viewsD_Alien

Heading The Ball on 02:08 - Jan 20 by pioneer

I'm not feeling dizzy yet with those rings nor grateful but I know I should!

No youngster is being 'required' (your word) to risk unnecessary harm - I don't recall anyone suggesting playing football or heading the ball should be required of all children (even though there is no evidence of unnecessary harm). Your argument seems to be about stopping ANY child doing this even though there is no evidence of harm.

I suppose we could sit them in front of a computer instead . . .that wont harm them will it?

Listen, and listen well, because this is my last word on this matter

It's perfectly obvious to anyone but the most obtuse that the type of research you're requiring as evidence would take 50 years before the results came in

You and your ilk will be long gone by then, so the kids taking part wouldn't be able to put you to rights if they ended up with dementia. So on their behalf, i'm telling you it's just not worth the risk, in addition to being unethical. Indeed, such research wouldn't be allowed

Now, since you couldn't work that out for yourself, you've been told

Got it? Probably not...

Heading The Ball on 09:14 - Jan 20 with 1335 viewspioneer

Heading The Ball on 07:43 - Jan 20 by D_Alien

Listen, and listen well, because this is my last word on this matter

It's perfectly obvious to anyone but the most obtuse that the type of research you're requiring as evidence would take 50 years before the results came in

You and your ilk will be long gone by then, so the kids taking part wouldn't be able to put you to rights if they ended up with dementia. So on their behalf, i'm telling you it's just not worth the risk, in addition to being unethical. Indeed, such research wouldn't be allowed

Now, since you couldn't work that out for yourself, you've been told

Got it? Probably not...

The self proclaimed voice of the world’s youth now ...they are so lucky to have you speak on their behalf.
Heading The Ball on 20:11 - Jan 20 with 1266 viewsJumeirahDale

I've coached club football for kids in the US over the last few years. No heading. And the way some of these kids can play the ball out of the back using their feet and spread it around the field would make BBM blush. Although the USMNT struggles (as nobody gives a sh*t about mens soccer unless the World Cup is on), I'd expect the women's team to continue to dominate the sport for decades.

Quick question though to all the conspiracy theorists here - who exactly do you suspect is behind all this nefarious (obviously flawed) research to reduce incidental and unnecessary head trauma in children? Who exactly do you think is getting rich off this? Is it the football boot manufacturers hoping for more kicking, therefore more wear and tear to the boots and higher sales? Or is it those folks over at Johnson and Johnson worried about declining sales of Head and Shoulders now that kids aren't coming home with half of Oulder Hill in their hair?

I'm assuming it will be the old "governments love to justify their existence" trope - because we all know how much our government loves to spend a bit of cash on something without a financial return eh?

Not every slope is slippery!
Heading The Ball on 21:13 - Jan 20 with 1232 viewskiwidale

Heading The Ball on 09:14 - Jan 20 by pioneer

The self proclaimed voice of the world’s youth now ...they are so lucky to have you speak on their behalf.

Folks of our ilk should know our place. I'm fully expecting D_A to decare himself god it cant be too far away now.

Heading The Ball on 21:32 - Jan 20 with 1210 viewsD_Alien

Heading The Ball on 21:13 - Jan 20 by kiwidale

Folks of our ilk should know our place. I'm fully expecting D_A to decare himself god it cant be too far away now.

This thread is about heading the ball, not heading the universe

God x

Heading The Ball on 00:55 - Jan 21 with 1161 viewspioneer

Heading The Ball on 20:11 - Jan 20 by JumeirahDale

I've coached club football for kids in the US over the last few years. No heading. And the way some of these kids can play the ball out of the back using their feet and spread it around the field would make BBM blush. Although the USMNT struggles (as nobody gives a sh*t about mens soccer unless the World Cup is on), I'd expect the women's team to continue to dominate the sport for decades.

Quick question though to all the conspiracy theorists here - who exactly do you suspect is behind all this nefarious (obviously flawed) research to reduce incidental and unnecessary head trauma in children? Who exactly do you think is getting rich off this? Is it the football boot manufacturers hoping for more kicking, therefore more wear and tear to the boots and higher sales? Or is it those folks over at Johnson and Johnson worried about declining sales of Head and Shoulders now that kids aren't coming home with half of Oulder Hill in their hair?

I'm assuming it will be the old "governments love to justify their existence" trope - because we all know how much our government loves to spend a bit of cash on something without a financial return eh?

Not every slope is slippery!

my point is simply if we want to make claims about the risks of kids heading footballs we need to study kids heading footballs not ex scottish professional footballers incidence of dementia( in which incidentally there isnt any measurement of whether and how much they headed the ball).

Of course we could choose to say we dont care about whether we have any evidence we simply believe its wrong for kids to be heading footballs. But then what else could folks then say they 'believe' kids shouldnt be doing and on what basis do we make those claims.

That is the slippery slope, basing intrusive public policy on 'beliefs' not evidence
Heading The Ball on 06:30 - Jan 21 with 1131 viewsD_Alien

Heading The Ball on 00:55 - Jan 21 by pioneer

my point is simply if we want to make claims about the risks of kids heading footballs we need to study kids heading footballs not ex scottish professional footballers incidence of dementia( in which incidentally there isnt any measurement of whether and how much they headed the ball).

Of course we could choose to say we dont care about whether we have any evidence we simply believe its wrong for kids to be heading footballs. But then what else could folks then say they 'believe' kids shouldnt be doing and on what basis do we make those claims.

That is the slippery slope, basing intrusive public policy on 'beliefs' not evidence

Yes, i know i said i wouldn't respond again, but this really is too much

At 11.33 on 19 Jan you said a randomised trial couldn't be conducted with kids, and accused me of "embarrassing myself"

So come on, enlighten us all as to how you'd propose to "study kids heading footballs"

I can't wait...
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 6:32]

Heading The Ball on 06:52 - Jan 21 with 1123 viewskiwidale

Heading The Ball on 06:30 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

At 11.33 on 19 Jan you said a randomised trial couldn't be conducted with kids, and accused me of "embarrassing myself"

So come on, enlighten us all as to how you'd propose to "study kids heading footballs"

I can't wait...

Stop it DA just stop it. You are twisting his words, deliberately twisting his words, I know it Pioneer knows it and anybody that has followed this thread knows it. You are clutching at straws and it discredits you not him.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 6:56]

Heading The Ball on 07:22 - Jan 21 with 1109 viewspioneer

Heading The Ball on 06:30 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

I can't wait...

Buy yourself and introduction to epidemiology text book. If you can understand that you could graduate to something more advanced.
Heading The Ball on 07:26 - Jan 21 with 1099 viewskiwidale

Heading The Ball on 07:22 - Jan 21 by pioneer

Buy yourself and introduction to epidemiology text book. If you can understand that you could graduate to something more advanced.

What pioneer said.

Heading The Ball on 07:41 - Jan 21 with 1086 viewskiwidale

Serious question regarding this new heading rule for uner12s, how will it work. Lets say in the last minute of a junior cup final little jonny heads the winner nothing spectacular just nods the bouncing ball on the line in. What is the refs decision goal or free kick to the defending team.

Heading The Ball on 07:41 - Jan 21 with 1084 viewsD_Alien

Instead of yet another smarmy reply, consider this:

Look back through this thread, and you'll find I've never suggested such a study. I did suggest it'd be unethical to conduct any study, but you didn't listen did you. It'd be unethical to ask the parents of under-12s to allow their children to head footballs as part of any study - the risk of potential damage would be too great. And that's all it is - a risk

So answer the question pioneer - how would you propose to conduct a study of "kids heading footballs" to the standard of evidence you seem to require before the risk is deemed too great?

[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 7:45]

Heading The Ball on 07:45 - Jan 21 with 1077 viewskiwidale

I can see this infuriating D_A not only will he get his thesaurus out but his medical lexicon will get an airing, fasten your seatbelts.

Heading The Ball on 07:59 - Jan 21 with 1064 viewsD_Alien

Heading The Ball on 07:45 - Jan 21 by kiwidale

I can see this infuriating D_A not only will he get his thesaurus out but his medical lexicon will get an airing, fasten your seatbelts.

Might i suggest you stfu and go head a football

Heading The Ball on 08:03 - Jan 21 with 1059 viewskiwidale

Heading The Ball on 07:59 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

Might i suggest you stfu and go head a football

I cant lad I've just laughed my fook'n head off at your madness
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 8:06]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024