Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup Replay v Winter Break Froth 18:44 - Jan 27 with 3797 viewsjonahwhereru

Liverpool et al are taking the p-ss out of the FA when it comes to reply’s. The FA cup used to have multiple replays to achieve a result. Sensibly that changed to just one reply. But now the 4th round reply’s are interfering with the winter break, and the Liverpool aren’t happy. The cup has been around over 100 years and the winter break still requires the use of a future tense. Rip up tradition to suit yourself why don’t you. It’s a bloody disgrace.
The FA need to grow a pairs and I have some suggestions for them.
Agree a club can forgo a reply and concede the tie. Plus pay 300k compensation to their opponents.
Or tell the clubs to be lobby for the European competitions to be returned to knock out only, so players can be rested. No chance of shooting the cash cow mind.
Then Pep is not happy about the Christmas fixtures. This is British football mate! The fans respond positively to several games when many of them are of work and can attend.
I know football is all about the Premier / Europe and nothing else counts,but for those who love the game for itself rather than the riches it brings the behaviour of the few is really starting to hack me off.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 18:47]
FA Cup Replay v Winter Break Froth on 12:38 - Jan 28 with 813 viewsrochdaleriddler

FA Cup Replay v Winter Break Froth on 12:17 - Jan 28 by pioneer

Problem is broader than Liverpool. Premier League brought in a ‘winter break’ to provide a minimum period for all clubs (and their players) and told clubs not to compromise it by organising other games in this period (eg money generating international friendlies).

Its hard to believe they didnt think of the possibility of FA Cup replays, so back to the lack of governance of the game by the FA.

Clearly where FA Cup replies go ahead they infringe on this winter break for players. Not saying I agree with it. But it Klopp is I suppose in his rights to say I am required to provide my players with this football free period.

The FA said before the season started that 4th round replays could shorten the winter break for some teams.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

FA Cup Replay v Winter Break Froth on 12:43 - Jan 28 with 798 viewsseasidedale

Disagree with the Leasing cup or whatever it’s called, it is useful for us to use youngster and develop them, especially when they are not quite ready for the league.
FA cup replays if premiership clubs want to scrap them , then they should pay a sum to the non premier club i.e. 75k
FA Cup Replay v Winter Break Froth on 13:15 - Jan 28 with 753 viewsboromat

The only way I'd be ok with FA Cup replays being banned is if it was part of a deal that saw a much bigger percentage of money coming down the footballing pyramid.

But I do love the FA Cup format. The replays add to the excitement and charm of the competition.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

FA Cup Replay v Winter Break Froth on 13:34 - Jan 28 with 730 viewsShun

FA Cup Replay v Winter Break Froth on 08:16 - Jan 28 by dingdangblue

Hmmm.

DeGea
Maguire
Lindelof
McTominay
James
Martial
Rashford

All didn't start v Dale, it wasn't all kids like the Liverpool team is going to be but it was far from Utds strongest X1.
As for the FA Cup debate - I don't see the problem with Liverpool playing whatever team they like, this break would have been organised months ago with Klopp and his squad probably all heading to Dubai for some warm weather training and relaxation. If I were Shrewsbury I'd love to be going to Anfield to play Liverpool's youth team! They have a great chance of winning and going to Chelsea in the next round.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 8:22]

The vast majority of those were injured. Like I said, pretty much the strongest team they had available.
FA Cup Replay v Winter Break Froth on 17:21 - Jan 28 with 641 viewsblackdogblue

FA Cup Replay v Winter Break Froth on 08:16 - Jan 28 by dingdangblue

Hmmm.

DeGea
Maguire
Lindelof
McTominay
James
Martial
Rashford

All didn't start v Dale, it wasn't all kids like the Liverpool team is going to be but it was far from Utds strongest X1.
As for the FA Cup debate - I don't see the problem with Liverpool playing whatever team they like, this break would have been organised months ago with Klopp and his squad probably all heading to Dubai for some warm weather training and relaxation. If I were Shrewsbury I'd love to be going to Anfield to play Liverpool's youth team! They have a great chance of winning and going to Chelsea in the next round.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 8:22]

Hmmm indeed

Pogba played & he probably earns more in a month than our clubs annual turnover...

Or a week if your club is NCFC 😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024