Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good news.... 23:10 - Jan 31 with 8041 viewsSuddenLad

We still have Rathbone, Camps, Henderson, Morley who some feared may leave in this window. We have Matty Lund back. Ryan Delaney is off the wage bill and we have banked a tidy sum for Luke.

Rumour has it that we missed out on a couple of targets. Those we never had, we will never miss. Lund has strengthened the squad.

On we go.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Good news.... on 23:14 - Jan 31 with 3996 views442Dale

With Lund arriving and the plethora of players we have as options in midfield, would have preferred to see us cash in on Camps ahead of him going for free.

Also we’ve still been unable to get Calvin and Lillis out, even on loan (unless something comes to light after the window has closed). We’ve had months to sort that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Good news.... on 23:14 - Jan 31 with 3988 viewsKenBoon

We announced the sale of Allen after the deadline a few years ago, so I’ll hang on until tomorrow.
Good news.... on 23:16 - Jan 31 with 3920 viewsfitzochris

Good news.... on 23:14 - Jan 31 by 442Dale

With Lund arriving and the plethora of players we have as options in midfield, would have preferred to see us cash in on Camps ahead of him going for free.

Also we’ve still been unable to get Calvin and Lillis out, even on loan (unless something comes to light after the window has closed). We’ve had months to sort that.

To be fair, one of those players has had opportunities to go and hasn't taken them.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Good news.... on 23:23 - Jan 31 with 3821 views442Dale

Good news.... on 23:16 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

To be fair, one of those players has had opportunities to go and hasn't taken them.

No doubt. There will be multitude of reasons for the situations that exist. However, until people accept they could have done better then the squad continues to increase again without issues being addressed.

Would bite the bullet on Lillis and actually see if he wants to stay. Better than Lynch and Sanchez isn’t ours. Strange no other club has come in for a proven keeper at this level.

Good news.... on 23:27 - Jan 31 with 3761 viewsfitzochris

Good news.... on 23:23 - Jan 31 by 442Dale

No doubt. There will be multitude of reasons for the situations that exist. However, until people accept they could have done better then the squad continues to increase again without issues being addressed.

Would bite the bullet on Lillis and actually see if he wants to stay. Better than Lynch and Sanchez isn’t ours. Strange no other club has come in for a proven keeper at this level.

Yes, I agree with that. I would’ve thought Lillis would have had at least a few suitors.

Good news.... on 23:31 - Jan 31 with 3710 viewsBrierls

Perhaps it’s not strange? Has it not crossed your mind that he isn’t good enough and other managers can see that?

Unfortunately I agree about Lynch.
Good news.... on 00:38 - Feb 1 with 3530 views442Dale

Good news.... on 23:31 - Jan 31 by Brierls

Perhaps it’s not strange? Has it not crossed your mind that he isn’t good enough and other managers can see that?

Unfortunately I agree about Lynch.

Except he is/was good enough for the last half decade and more. As illustrated by the amount of games played in L1.

Even if he’s not at the level he once was, and taking into account his flaws which we all acknowledge, he’s easily good enough to be a regular in L2.

His legacy, despite his faults, is that despite all these keepers that have come and gone, we’ve established ourselves in L1 with Josh Lillis in goal more often than not. His treatment over that period hasn’t been great, yet he’s remained to become our longest serving goalkeeper in terms of appearances. We’ve spent far too long looking for better when sometimes “decent” has been enough. Though will openly admit the time has probably come for him to leave now. More for the player’s benefit, than the club’s.

We’ll need two new keepers in the summer if he does.

Good news.... on 05:16 - Feb 1 with 3426 viewselectricblue

Maybe the issue with regards to Andrew and Lillis leaving is wages....
They have had a few contracts over theirctime at Dale and no doubt that each new contract is an improve one than the prior contract..

Either they will go out onloan or move on in the summer if their contracts are up.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Good news.... on 10:49 - Feb 1 with 3147 viewsEllDale

Bit risky letting Lillis go as long as Bobby is injured.
Good news.... on 13:01 - Feb 1 with 3031 viewstodmordendale

Wade out on loan again getting valuable game time. I think he may well be ready next season, should Bobby go back. A bit like Henderson at Sheffield Utd to me come on leaps and bounds once he turned 20.
Good news.... on 13:07 - Feb 1 with 3006 viewsfitzochris

The key now is to survive this season with what we’ve got. The club tried, and failed, to bring in additional strength in two of three areas.

In the summer we are very likely to lose Henderson and Camps, but also those we actually want rid of such as Andrew.

Being a League One club will be a lot more attractive to those we are targeting for the rebuild, especially as what we’re offering may well be less than competition at League Two level.

The level we play at has trumped money for players such as McShane, for example.

So, while I’m annoyed that we failed to get in the players we needed, I just pray BBM keeps us up so we can get them in the summer.

Once the loan market opens up again, we will certainly need to be savvy. This one may well go to the wire.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 13:10]

Good news.... on 14:03 - Feb 1 with 2840 viewsdingdangblue

Good news.... on 13:01 - Feb 1 by todmordendale

Wade out on loan again getting valuable game time. I think he may well be ready next season, should Bobby go back. A bit like Henderson at Sheffield Utd to me come on leaps and bounds once he turned 20.

Hope he grows a bit - he still has time - he looks even shorter than Lynch!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Good news.... on 14:12 - Feb 1 with 2834 viewsjacko_dale

Good news.... on 13:07 - Feb 1 by fitzochris

The key now is to survive this season with what we’ve got. The club tried, and failed, to bring in additional strength in two of three areas.

In the summer we are very likely to lose Henderson and Camps, but also those we actually want rid of such as Andrew.

Being a League One club will be a lot more attractive to those we are targeting for the rebuild, especially as what we’re offering may well be less than competition at League Two level.

The level we play at has trumped money for players such as McShane, for example.

So, while I’m annoyed that we failed to get in the players we needed, I just pray BBM keeps us up so we can get them in the summer.

Once the loan market opens up again, we will certainly need to be savvy. This one may well go to the wire.

Is there anything I've missed regarding this common belief on here that Hendo will go in the summer? Or is it just based on the fact he's out of contract and Hill isn't here any more? Either way, fingers crossed it's misguided.
Good news.... on 14:16 - Feb 1 with 2808 viewsShun

Good news.... on 13:07 - Feb 1 by fitzochris

Thanks for the info, fitzo. With regards to the loan market, I was under the impression it’s only open when the transfer window is open. Is that no longer the case?
Good news.... on 14:22 - Feb 1 with 2786 viewsfitzochris

Good news.... on 14:16 - Feb 1 by Shun

Thanks for the info, fitzo. With regards to the loan market, I was under the impression it’s only open when the transfer window is open. Is that no longer the case?

You’re correct, Shun. There is no soft deadline for loans like there was in the summer.

Good news.... on 14:23 - Feb 1 with 2796 viewsboromat

Good news.... on 14:12 - Feb 1 by jacko_dale

Is there anything I've missed regarding this common belief on here that Hendo will go in the summer? Or is it just based on the fact he's out of contract and Hill isn't here any more? Either way, fingers crossed it's misguided.

I think we'll struggle to increase his wages and if he's beat the record I think he'll want a new challenge. Freeing up his wages might allow us to bring in a couple of players with potential.

Who knows but it will be an interesting summer and potentially a very different squad next year. BBM and the board may have their work cut out!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Good news.... on 14:24 - Feb 1 with 2783 viewsfitzochris

Good news.... on 14:12 - Feb 1 by jacko_dale

Do you honestly think the club haven’t tried to keep him on?

Good news.... on 15:57 - Feb 1 with 2713 viewsjacko_dale

Good news.... on 14:24 - Feb 1 by fitzochris

Do you honestly think the club haven’t tried to keep him on?

Of course they will have. Just wondering if there was something else I'd missed.
Good news.... on 16:01 - Feb 1 with 2697 viewsdeeplishblue

Good news.... on 15:57 - Feb 1 by jacko_dale

Of course they will have. Just wondering if there was something else I'd missed.

Rumour at xmas was hendo wanted a 3 year extension.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Good news.... on 18:40 - Feb 1 with 2499 viewsfitzochris

Good news.... on 15:57 - Feb 1 by jacko_dale

No. But the fact he hasn’t signed should tell you where he’s at.

Good news.... on 18:49 - Feb 1 with 2476 viewsJames1980

Good news.... on 16:01 - Feb 1 by deeplishblue

Rumour at xmas was hendo wanted a 3 year extension.

Why hasn't been offered what he wants?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Good news.... on 18:51 - Feb 1 with 2453 viewsTVOS1907

Good news.... on 18:49 - Feb 1 by James1980

Because it might be mega-bucks which we can't afford!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Good news.... on 19:18 - Feb 1 with 2364 viewsJames1980

Good news.... on 18:51 - Feb 1 by TVOS1907

Because it might be mega-bucks which we can't afford!

Bloomin mercenary who does he think he is.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Good news.... on 19:26 - Feb 1 with 2321 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Good news.... on 18:49 - Feb 1 by James1980

Because it might be a massive gamble as far him being able to last that long, despite his obvious fitness and training regime, at his age.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Good news.... on 19:49 - Feb 1 with 2239 viewssweetcorn

Good news.... on 19:18 - Feb 1 by James1980

Bloomin mercenary who does he think he is.

Probably thinks he's Rochdales greatest ever player, which he is.

3 years is a risk tbf, he's getting on, but I'd hate to see him go. Virtually impossible for us to find a replacement I'd imagine.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024