Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
radio bolton. 19:27 - Feb 11 with 106369 viewssince58

wtf is going on. last time I looked they were bottom of lge 1 yet still tonight they are
the main game lge 2 looms yet STILL they are the main game fookin stinks.
radio bolton. on 10:24 - Aug 21 with 4727 viewsAtThePeake

radio bolton. on 09:13 - Aug 21 by TVOS1907

They also covered our Scunthorpe and Forest Green games with a roving reporter.

The point that Bolton fans keep spectacularly missing is that we aren't bothered if Dale get commentary or not; instead it's the ridiculously excessive coverage and love-ins given to "BOLTON WANDERERS" that irks everyone.

What annoys me is that they seem to think it's cause they're a 'bigger club'.

They get more coverage than City and United too, are they bigger than them as well?

Tangled up in blue.

radio bolton. on 11:23 - Aug 21 with 4642 views1907

radio bolton. on 10:24 - Aug 21 by AtThePeake

What annoys me is that they seem to think it's cause they're a 'bigger club'.

They get more coverage than City and United too, are they bigger than them as well?

On Tuesday night they didn’t even give us a mention for our goal, when they play the action replay at the end of the show. Every other club had one apart from us. Pathetic.
radio bolton. on 14:30 - Aug 21 with 4498 viewsmilnrowblue

Imagine my shock, Radio Manchester looking at the “negatives” of every part of the outstanding news of no takeover.

One would think they’ve got no idea what’s going on…
radio bolton. on 15:58 - Aug 21 with 4430 viewsfinberty

radio bolton. on 14:30 - Aug 21 by milnrowblue

Imagine my shock, Radio Manchester looking at the “negatives” of every part of the outstanding news of no takeover.

One would think they’ve got no idea what’s going on…

You would think that covering the area occupied by Bury & Macc, the local radio operation would be more questioning of these potential boardroom upheavals.

It's almost as if they aren't proper journalists.
radio bolton. on 11:26 - Mar 5 with 3767 viewsSandyman

Yes, you guessed it, who gets the commentary game today on Radio Bolton. Again...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0bqpcv8
radio bolton. on 11:51 - Mar 5 with 3721 views100notout

Used to listen to that station a lot and was one of the few that quite liked Jimmy wag. Never listen now - stomach churning and the fact they continue to deny the noblot bias makes it even worse

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

radio bolton. on 12:33 - Mar 5 with 3652 viewsSuddenLad

I thought Jimmy Wagg was good for local football coverage, especially outside the EFL. He regularly promoted Curzon Ashton, Altrincham and other non-league clubs.

There were accusations that he was 'pro-City' and biased towards them. He was open about being a City fan - but biased? I'm not so sure. He was massive on the charity front and raised many tens of thousands with the concerts he did with his brother-in-law Eamon O'Neill and the Billy Bradshaw character. I've been to the Gracie Fields theatre when one of the concerts was raising funds for our academy and Les Duckworth was heavily involved in promoting RAFC, via GMR.

I think he realised that GMR/Radio Manchester Sport was going down the pan and he jumped ship. I don't blame him.

I haven't listened to it since he left but even reading social media it's clear that there appears to be a BWFC bias and a massive drop in listeners. Why they continue to deny it is a mystery.

Their own stats will prove the frequency of BWFC being selected for live coverage. They should realise that.

Meanwhile at Gillingham........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

radio bolton. on 13:05 - Mar 5 with 3583 viewsmikehunt

Dale get no respect from Radio Noblot. When Mike Minay was doing a commentary on us he spent all match rubbing in how hopeless we were (doesn’t mattter if it was true or not 😀).
What really peed me off though was us getting bottom billing when we played Scunthorpe and the significance of the win was only mentioned in regard of how much it helped Oldham. Pathetic!!!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Login to get fewer ads

radio bolton. on 13:30 - Mar 5 with 3531 views442Dale

radio bolton. on 12:33 - Mar 5 by SuddenLad

I thought Jimmy Wagg was good for local football coverage, especially outside the EFL. He regularly promoted Curzon Ashton, Altrincham and other non-league clubs.

There were accusations that he was 'pro-City' and biased towards them. He was open about being a City fan - but biased? I'm not so sure. He was massive on the charity front and raised many tens of thousands with the concerts he did with his brother-in-law Eamon O'Neill and the Billy Bradshaw character. I've been to the Gracie Fields theatre when one of the concerts was raising funds for our academy and Les Duckworth was heavily involved in promoting RAFC, via GMR.

I think he realised that GMR/Radio Manchester Sport was going down the pan and he jumped ship. I don't blame him.

I haven't listened to it since he left but even reading social media it's clear that there appears to be a BWFC bias and a massive drop in listeners. Why they continue to deny it is a mystery.

Their own stats will prove the frequency of BWFC being selected for live coverage. They should realise that.

Wagg’s biggest problem was he wanted to be everyone’s pal and to that end would paint a picture that all was always good at local clubs. Dale included.

The best example of this was the total reluctance to ever hold Day to account at Bury as they collected players and fed utter nonsense to their fans. GMR were partly responsible for allowing that situation to happen, and they know it.

One example:
https://audioboom.com/posts/6176368-he-wanted-to-be-part-of-what-we-re-trying-to
[Post edited 5 Mar 2022 13:39]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

radio bolton. on 13:54 - Mar 5 with 3461 viewsJames1980

radio bolton. on 13:30 - Mar 5 by 442Dale

Wagg’s biggest problem was he wanted to be everyone’s pal and to that end would paint a picture that all was always good at local clubs. Dale included.

The best example of this was the total reluctance to ever hold Day to account at Bury as they collected players and fed utter nonsense to their fans. GMR were partly responsible for allowing that situation to happen, and they know it.

One example:
https://audioboom.com/posts/6176368-he-wanted-to-be-part-of-what-we-re-trying-to

I see Jermaine Beckford is on the punditry team this afternoon for the Leicester v Leeds game.
Wonder how much his 16 appearances for Bury worked out at per game.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

radio bolton. on 14:08 - Mar 5 with 3436 viewsSuddenLad

radio bolton. on 13:30 - Mar 5 by 442Dale

One example:

I know what you mean, but he would no doubt be hamstrung by editors and instructed not to pursue matters, due to the possibility of legal action.

Overall, he was better than anything on offer now.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

radio bolton. on 14:17 - Mar 5 with 3406 views442Dale

radio bolton. on 14:08 - Mar 5 by SuddenLad

I know what you mean, but he would no doubt be hamstrung by editors and instructed not to pursue matters, due to the possibility of legal action.

Overall, he was better than anything on offer now.

There is nothing stopping any journalist asking questions to establish facts. It’s sort of like their job.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

radio bolton. on 09:01 - Mar 8 with 3093 viewsQuigley_dale

Live GMR commentaries this season (including tonights).

Bolton: 26
Wigan: 8
Oldham: 5
Salford: 4
Rochdale: 3
radio bolton. on 17:41 - Mar 9 with 2814 viewsAtThePeake

radio bolton. on 12:33 - Mar 5 by SuddenLad

One thing's for sure, it would be difficult to argue that Mike Minay doesn't have a pro-City bias. His twitter feed reads like a Manchester City fan account.

Unfortunately, it's probably a smart move for a supposedly impartial journalist to make their allegiance known these days. Those that don't are accused of bias against every club, at least by making it clear he supports Man City he'll avoid being told he's biased against them.

Tangled up in blue.

radio bolton. on 20:29 - Jan 10 with 2019 viewsSandyman

Tonight's Radio Bolton "Big Match Commentary" is Bolton v Portsmouth in an EFL trophy game.

Bolton play Portsmouth in League 1 this coming Saturday. No prizes for guessing which is their "Big Match Commentary" game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0dt1wyn

Remember all the standardised responses to complaints people got that said "We choose our commentary games carefully, considering editorial decisions, fan base, local derbies, relegation battles and promotion chases." No you don't.
radio bolton. on 16:34 - Feb 14 with 1542 viewsSandyman

Saturday 11th Feb Peterborough United v Bolton Wanderers
BBC Radio Manchester Sport: Big Match Commentary
Live League One coverage of Peterborough United v Bolton Wanderers. Kick-off at 3pm.

Tuesday 14th Feb Bolton Wanderers v Milton Keynes Dons
Live League One coverage of Bolton Wanderers v Milton Keynes Dons. Kick-off at 7.45pm.
radio bolton. on 19:11 - Feb 14 with 1361 viewssince58

radio bolton. on 16:34 - Feb 14 by Sandyman

Saturday 11th Feb Peterborough United v Bolton Wanderers
Live League One coverage of Peterborough United v Bolton Wanderers. Kick-off at 3pm.

Tuesday 14th Feb Bolton Wanderers v Milton Keynes Dons
Live League One coverage of Bolton Wanderers v Milton Keynes Dons. Kick-off at 7.45pm.

No change there then. Same old, same old.
radio bolton. on 11:41 - Mar 11 with 1135 viewsSandyman

And amidst all the debate about "impartiality" at the BBC, there is one little corner of the organisation where it is unheard of. Guess what the commentary game is this afternoon...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0f4nbbc
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024