Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBM on style of play 13:08 - Feb 27 with 6614 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

BBM on style of play on 13:42 - Feb 29 with 1307 viewsYorkshire_Dale

BBM on style of play on 13:12 - Feb 29 by TVOS1907

Someone (Bolton) signed Delaney, which is different to 'getting shut'.

Andrew is out of contract in the summer.

Done allegedly had a clause in his previous contract that triggered an extension.

Don't these Extension Clauses have to be a mutual agreement?

Or have we just been p*ssed on, player saying "I'm having another years salary,hard luck!"
BBM on style of play on 13:47 - Feb 29 with 1293 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on style of play on 13:42 - Feb 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Don't these Extension Clauses have to be a mutual agreement?

Or have we just been p*ssed on, player saying "I'm having another years salary,hard luck!"

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly how it goes.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

BBM on style of play on 13:55 - Feb 29 with 1258 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on style of play on 13:33 - Feb 29 by 49thseason

It would be interesting to know how exactly how that clause was activated. It cant have been on goals scored, assists, or even looking interested. So it would seem that it is based on appearances , in his case, just pulling on the shirt. But for our injury crisis he would be leaving, in hindsight we should have played one of the kids instead, we could hardly be worse off. Poor managerial decisions ,( at all levels) have cost way too much.

I agree, although I did say 'allegedly', based on something I can't quite bring to mind right now.

I wonder if the same clause was attached to Lillis, which is why he hasn't played.

BBM on style of play on 13:59 - Feb 29 with 1251 views49thseason

These contact extensions have done nothing to improve the quality of the squad, Andrew and Done have been total passengers, contributing next to nothing. We could probably have brought in 2 or 3 wildcards from non-league for less money and maybe unearthed a decent prospect and still saved money. At least they would have played with purpose and ambition.
BBM on style of play on 14:00 - Feb 29 with 1245 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on style of play on 13:59 - Feb 29 by 49thseason

These contact extensions have done nothing to improve the quality of the squad, Andrew and Done have been total passengers, contributing next to nothing. We could probably have brought in 2 or 3 wildcards from non-league for less money and maybe unearthed a decent prospect and still saved money. At least they would have played with purpose and ambition.

Agree with that.

BBM on style of play on 14:13 - Feb 29 with 1224 viewsscarrow

I agree it's worth taking a punt sometimes on a non-leaguer - I know sometimes Shaw, Muldoon it hasn't worked but it can and does.

Adam Marriot Kings Lynn - Conference North and a record of better than a goal a game - also out of contract at the end of the season
Asante at Chester - as good as a goal a game
Martin at Guisley - as good as a goal a game

Hopefully some scouting has gone on at least.

Poll: Final position

BBM on style of play on 15:08 - Feb 29 with 1150 views49thseason

The thing is, goal scorers tend to know instinctively how to score goals, its not something you can coach. Its about speed of thought and speed of action coupled with the confidence to keep trying when it doesnt work first time. There may be polishable skills but Im not sure the likes of Hogan Holt and LeFondre needed much time with their coaches.
BBM on style of play on 15:47 - Feb 29 with 1119 viewsYorkshire_Dale

BBM on style of play on 13:47 - Feb 29 by TVOS1907

Yes, I'm sure that's exactly how it goes.

Thought so.....

But we are hardly going to get any increase in effort or commitment from these "loafers" are we......besides these are also the players that rarely get injured whilst team mates like RND and Rathboni, show dedication to the cause beyond reproach and suffer injury setbacks as a consequence.
Login to get fewer ads

BBM on style of play on 16:05 - Feb 29 with 1084 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on style of play on 15:47 - Feb 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Thought so.....

But we are hardly going to get any increase in effort or commitment from these "loafers" are we......besides these are also the players that rarely get injured whilst team mates like RND and Rathboni, show dedication to the cause beyond reproach and suffer injury setbacks as a consequence.

Erm, right. Good one.

BBM on style of play on 16:12 - Feb 29 with 1081 viewsYorkshire_Dale

BBM on style of play on 16:05 - Feb 29 by TVOS1907

Erm, right. Good one.

Why are you not marking me down.....is your hand sore?
BBM on style of play on 16:15 - Feb 29 with 1073 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on style of play on 16:12 - Feb 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Why are you not marking me down.....is your hand sore?

I'm sure there'll be plenty of other opportunities.

BBM on style of play on 16:16 - Feb 29 with 1059 viewsD_Alien

BBM on style of play on 16:15 - Feb 29 by TVOS1907

But it's all about having your hand in the POMO

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBM on style of play on 19:56 - Feb 29 with 955 viewsYorkshire_Dale

BBM on style of play on 16:15 - Feb 29 by TVOS1907

Indeedy, I've just got going.
BBM on style of play on 20:14 - Feb 29 with 924 viewsTVOS1907

BBM on style of play on 19:56 - Feb 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Indeedy, I've just got going.

As long as it keeps you happy.

BBM on style of play on 20:20 - Feb 29 with 910 viewsJames1980

We can now say it's like watching Liverpool play

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

BBM on style of play on 08:00 - Mar 1 with 795 viewstodmordendale

Our playing style has resulted in poor results and the position we find ourselves in at the moment.
We have amassed a total of one point per game. That is relegation form In the past 10 seasons. How can that be justified.
We have good players,
O’Conner is among the best at this level.
McShane is a quality CH
Two great full backs, one a £1 million player and the other Under 21 international.
Ryan has surged forward from a poor start
Camps and Rathbonio have been established for several seasons.
Hendo has consistently been among the best strikers in the division.
Surely, it is the playing style not the players which is responsible for this extremely poor season.
I can’t accept BBM’s appraisal and justification to support it.
BBM on style of play on 08:31 - Mar 1 with 768 viewsfunkkk

BBM on style of play on 08:00 - Mar 1 by todmordendale

Our playing style has resulted in poor results and the position we find ourselves in at the moment.
We have amassed a total of one point per game. That is relegation form In the past 10 seasons. How can that be justified.
We have good players,
McShane is a quality CH
Two great full backs, one a £1 million player and the other Under 21 international.
Surely, it is the playing style not the players which is responsible for this extremely poor season.

Good post, not suggesting we're world beaters but we have enough about us to be further up the league if we play to our strengths.

Having a style of play right the way through the youth teams/reserves is great as the results are secondary. There's simply no excuse to continue trying to play this brand of football with the first team as it's costing us points on a weekly basis.

3 years of bland, uninspiring football now and it's getting pretty boring - I blame Pep!
BBM on style of play on 08:33 - Mar 1 with 762 viewsfitzochris

BBM on style of play on 08:00 - Mar 1 by todmordendale

We have good players,
McShane is a quality CH

We have some good players.

We have a number of passengers.

We have augmented a lack of adequate summer recruitment with young inexperienced players with varying success.

We have been blighted by injuries.

We have attempted to play a system that the players we do have seem unable to get used to.

We have failed to recruit a forward line that takes the pressure off Ian Henderson as the main goal scorer or provides regular goalscoring opportunities.

There is every chance Tranmere could be above us when we play them.

Minds need to be focused as we could easily be joining Southend and Bolton next season.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 9:34]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

BBM on style of play on 09:03 - Mar 1 with 719 viewsJames1980

The previous two seasons the harbingers of doom have been wrong. Unfortunately this season I fear they could be right. I will still have faith until it is an absolute certainty though.

BBM on style of play on 09:13 - Mar 1 with 704 viewstodmordendale

I’m struggling to have your faith James. It’s difficult to have faith in a system that plays target men on the wing, forces the holding midfielders to drop to full back to play the ball, forces forward midfielders to face our own goal to receive the ball, whilst they wait for defenders and goalie tippy tally in our 6 yard box.
I have little faith in that and the poor results are relegation form in any other season. I do not recall 3 other teams at the bottom being as shite.
So we may escape, but not as result of the “system”
BBM on style of play on 09:33 - Mar 1 with 680 viewsfitzochris

BBM on style of play on 09:03 - Mar 1 by James1980

The previous two seasons the harbingers of doom have been wrong. Unfortunately this season I fear they could be right. I will still have faith until it is an absolute certainty though.

There’s a difference between being a harbinger of doom and laying the facts out as they stand.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

BBM on style of play on 09:49 - Mar 1 with 646 viewsJames1980

BBM on style of play on 09:33 - Mar 1 by fitzochris

There’s a difference between being a harbinger of doom and laying the facts out as they stand.

I don't mean you sir.

I was referring to those that have stated with absolute certainty we are going to be relegated.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 9:55]

BBM on style of play on 10:12 - Mar 1 with 590 viewsD_Alien

As TVOS points out in the Portsmouth thread, there's a sequence of games between now and Tues 24 March that will be critical to our final league position

Until that sequence has played out, all "we'll be definitely this, or definitely that" is pretty pointless. If we remain pointless by that stage then we're really in the shit!

But as highlighted on EFL Quest last night, to independent observers we're not a poor side at all, just competing against teams with much greater resources, and the sequence of games starts with Rotherham. This is crunch time for Dale, with a massive amount riding on it

If reports that we tried mixing it up a bit more last Friday are true, we have reason to keep the faith and accept that BBM's experiment might finally be tempered with greater realism, just as he produced at this stage last season. For instance, it's no time to be keeping Wilbraham's legs fresh - but having done so for much of the season should now pay dividends

The interview that started this thread shows he knows how we feel about what we've been seeing, and what we now expect. For now, i'll take him at his word (all 37 million of them)
[Post edited 1 Mar 2020 10:14]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

BBM on style of play on 10:52 - Mar 1 with 549 viewsHopwoodblue

BBM on style of play on 10:12 - Mar 1 by D_Alien

As TVOS points out in the Portsmouth thread, there's a sequence of games between now and Tues 24 March that will be critical to our final league position

Until that sequence has played out, all "we'll be definitely this, or definitely that" is pretty pointless. If we remain pointless by that stage then we're really in the shit!

But as highlighted on EFL Quest last night, to independent observers we're not a poor side at all, just competing against teams with much greater resources, and the sequence of games starts with Rotherham. This is crunch time for Dale, with a massive amount riding on it

If reports that we tried mixing it up a bit more last Friday are true, we have reason to keep the faith and accept that BBM's experiment might finally be tempered with greater realism, just as he produced at this stage last season. For instance, it's no time to be keeping Wilbraham's legs fresh - but having done so for much of the season should now pay dividends

The interview that started this thread shows he knows how we feel about what we've been seeing, and what we now expect. For now, i'll take him at his word (all 37 million of them)

Staying in the first division takes priority over any style of football that BBM wants!
Now is not the time for sticking to a plan that’s got us in this mess in the first place.
I would hope he will want to win at all costs whether it be playing from the back or hitting 60 yard balls forward and playing percentage football. Whatever type of football is required in each game is what needs to be done.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

BBM on style of play on 11:13 - Mar 1 with 519 viewsjudd

BBM on style of play on 10:12 - Mar 1 by D_Alien

37 million different words, or in total?

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024